ADVERTISEMENT

Things you will hear at a Marshall home game

91, " I'm glad that we win 11 games a year for $200,000 instead of winning 8 games a year for $30 million like them bastidges up in Morganhole"

Uh, you have only averaged 6.5 wins per year since joining the Big 12, that's a long way from 8. On the bright side, it's what you averaged in the non watered down Big East too, so at least you are consistent.

Uh, you have only averaged 6.5 wins per year since joining the Big 12, that's a long way from 8. On the bright side, it's what you averaged in the non watered down Big East too, so at least you are consistent.

26-25 overall record since joining the big Xii and they think they're the toast of the conference. LOLZ!!

125. " I used to like Chuck Landon but he's been pissing me off lately telling the world how bad of shape our athletic budget is in. He shouldn't print that kind of stuff. "

On October 15, 2016, a LOT of silence. The stadium will be half empty after that 2-3 start and they are hosting FAU.

126. " I still cain't believe we lost to Middle Tennessee State last year. "

127. " I'm glad that we don't have to play Ohio U again this year, them guys really got our number. "

128. " Have you Herd we are going to start selling beer at the Joan............I sure hope they have Milwaukee Beast, it's cheap and it's my favorite."

129. "We must be Gods favorite team......that's why he made the grass green, the trees green, our uniforms green and our teeth green ".

130. " I gotta find a new doctor, mine keeps telling me I suffer from something called Little Brother Syndrome ".

131. " The only reason we never did beat WVu is because they will only play us when we are having a bad year and they are having a good one. That's why we're 0 - Forever."

132. " We need a sequel to the MOVIE.......maybe a PREQUEL..........people are forgetting about us altogether."

133. " We need more seating and charging stations for those of us who ride too fat to walk buggies."

134 . " We are going to make more money from giving South Carolina a home game than CUSA would pay us in 7 years........we need more games like that. "

135. " Remember when we put up that billboard up next to the interstate near Morganhole?.........I wish we had that money back."

138. " Duke just found out they have an opening on their basketball schedule.........tell Coach K we aren't going to be one of the cupcakes he fills his home schedule with. It's home and home or none. And besides, our schedule doesn't have room for us to be another cup cake."

139. " I cain't believe that we are actually playing not just one, but TWO P5 schools in the same year ! And one of them right here on our home field. I bet them Chickeneers wish they could say the same."

140. " Them Mountainqueers spend millions of dollars every year upgrading their facilities......I'm glad that our engineers had the foresight to see that we'd never need to grow. The Joan is more than good enough for us."

141. " What do you mean you never heard of Morgan State? They beat Delaware State once and WVU is going to play Delaware St. next year. "

142 . "What was Hamrick thinking when he agreed to play two P5's in the same year? We don't do that. We are Marshall."

143. " Remember just a few years ago when WV State used to come here to play ? Their marching band alone was worth the price of the ticket."

144. " I seen where Dan Patrick has a WVU helmet hanging on the wall in his studio........I will never tune into his show again."

145. " I sure am glad that the Big 12 and the rest of the P5 conferences don't allow academic non-qualifiers to play for them........without those kind of kids we'd be screwed for sure".

146. " I just saw another picture where Leonardo DiCaprio was wearing a WVU ball cap..........I will never watch another movie that he's in "

147. " Man, I just saw another picture where Jennifer Garner was wearing the flying WV.......I hate her, always did."

150. " Why can't we have a beautiful state of the art baseball stadium like the Mountainqueers have??"

153. " I'm wearing my lucky underwear, I haven't changed them since we beat Purdue. "

154. "I've got one of Randy Moss's jock straps hanging in my trophy case.......come on over sometime and you can sniff it with me but I get first dibs."

Last edited:
155. " Why is it that when P5 conferences talk about expanding they never mention us ? WE ARE MARSHALL dammit."

156. " It seems like WVU would be pulling some strings for US in all these Big 12 expansion talks.......I mean it's not like we ever bad mouthed WVU or anything......"

157. " I get cold chills running down my spine thinking of the Louisville game. " Thanks Humptod for that little nugget.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT