ADVERTISEMENT

Things Never Change

I understand the principle but do you worry future employers will think twice about hiring you due to all this litigation ?

it depends on who it is.

first, if i were doing all of this all for me, i wouldnt give a shit about anyone else, and the NCAA would have already been befriending me. so, it isnt just about me. i watched what the school did to our players (at least the ones who didnt produce up to the level they wanted). i heard what they did to other coaches (in football and in other sports- coincidentally, they were all white). i saw what they did to me. i saw what they did to a girl who was assaulted by one of our players. i could go on and on. the athletic department, though playing dumb now, allowed all of it to happen. when it was brought to their attention, they tried covering it up instead of doing the right thing. much of it they were already aware of.

the incident has shown me who the good people and cowardly people are.

one coach i was very close to is now at a P5 school. he urged me to do it. i mentioned him before. with coaches and players, he is one of the most respected coaches ive ever been around. as a human being, the guy is amazing. he will be a head coach someday. truly, a quality person, as are his wife and children.

another guy i was close to took a different route. he is a cookman alum/former player. his mom went to cookman. his uncle went to cookman. his brother went to cookman. if it is up to him, his children will go to cookman. he called me trying to get me to go after the former head coach for the money instead of the school. he claimed that it wasnt the school's fault, but rather, was the former head coach's. i told him i agreed with some of that, except that the athletic department was aware a year before everything that my money wasnt right. they were told weeks before the incident about it which is why a meeting was scheduled with everyone for the next day (which I requested so they could stop pointing the finger at each other). then, even after the incident, they tried giving me a check (which they admitted was for back wages) but only contingent on if i signed a document agreeing not to sue. not only was the check for far, far less than what i was owed, but the documents even showed the past months they were issuing the check for . . . in other words, they were agreeing they owed me money, were paying it (just a lot lower than they owe), but ONLY if i signed the agreement not to sue. it is against both state and federal labor laws to withhold wages in order to get somebody to sign an agreement not to sue. in order to get those documents where they admitted to owing me money, i had to trick them into giving them to me weeks later. then, when that happened and they realized i wasnt signing the agreement they wanted, they barricaded the door and refused to let me leave with the incriminating documents. but, i snapped pictures of them while the police officers were sorting everything out (while they were yelling at the police officers to not allow me to take pictures of them). there is a lot more drama involved, but that summarizes it.

so, that coach (the cookman lifer) finished the call by saying "well, i bleed cookman through and through. you know i went here, my family went here . . . all im saying is that i dont want to see what we built here ruined. ill do whatever it takes to protect cookman's name." it was a civil discussion, but we both made it clear how we felt. i told him i was shocked that one of the guys i thought was truly legit and knew the shit i had been through was saying those things to me. he made it clear that he would do whatever it took to not get cookman's name in the mud. i havent heard from him since (it's been over a year). it's a shame, because i think he is a good guy, but his allegiance made him a piece of shit in this situation. and, i was close to his son, who is going to be an absolute animal of a recruit in the future.

another coach who has won a national title at LSU and has coached at some big programs has been great. he reaches out just to say "hi," hits me up on holidays, always offers help if i want any jobs, etc.

another coach who i was fairly close to (i think he is an awful coach and an asshole in general, but he was a loner and always wanted me to go to dinner with him) texted me the day after the incident asking if i could give him a ride to the office (we are the only two who live on the beach side of the city, and his car was in the shop). i texted him back saying "sorry, cant help you, i was fired yesterday." his response was "what? are you serious? wow. im sorry. we will talk soon." i never heard back from him. i did see him a few weeks later when i was leaving the athletic department (during the payment incident). he tried talking acting like nothing had happened, but i ignored him. he is a huge, cowardly, pussy. i cant wait to tell him that to his face. in staff meetings, he would get absolutely killed by the old head coach. shit that should have never been said . . . embarrassing, humiliating, take your manhood type of stuff. and he would never say a word back. he would just sit there with his head down. he was out of a job one year, and it hurt his family (his ex-wife has custody of the children states away). so, he is a huge coward and gets eaten alive. but, he is an absolute asshole to everyone else (his players, waitresses at restaurants, etc.). he was the target of most of my pranks.

another coach is also a cookman lifer. he was on the other side of the ball, but he is a stand-up guy . . . former NFL player. he has coached under three or four different head coaches at cookman, and he never wants to leave. his daughter goes to school there. a school could offer to triple his salary, and he wouldnt take it. as long as he has money for a nice car and scratch-off tickets whenever he wants, he is content. he called a couple of times and apologized, but i cant expect anything more from him. i dont expect guys to risk their jobs for me.

another defensive coach is a coward. he loves it down here, so he wont ever leave. he and his wife run a successful company in virginia where she lives. his children are grown. he can live down here, get away from his wife, cheat as much as he wants, and dominate a conference that doesnt have explosive offenses. i never had issues with him, but i never liked him . . . and we never had to work together. he also only hires black coaches.

another coach was promoted to head coach. he is a quality guy. i like his wife and children. but, it is his one shot to be an HC. any relationship with me is impossible. he cant put his one shot in jeopardy for staying cool with me. we exchanged one text each after he was promoted.

another coach, a former P5 head coach, is cool. he came and lived with me for a while after the incidents until his new condo was finished.

another coach is a year or two away from retirement. he and his wife like this area, so they plan on staying fairly close to this area as soon as he retires. he just wants to ride out the final year or two without causing any issues that could hurt him.

another coach had been fired the year before but was retained as the player personnel director. he has also won a national title and coached at a lot of big places. he was mainly fired, because a lot of the other coaches didnt like him. he has some shadiness to him, and was hit with major violations in his career, but we were always cool. he is coaching at another FCS now. he hits me up every couple of months. i dont fully trust him, but i like him.

an operations guy who was aware of everything throughout the two years hasnt reached out. he was always cool. he would tell me all of the shit which was going on, but to retain his job, he couldnt go to bat for me (which i understand). he has been there a long time as a player, coach, operations, etc. He wants to be a good guy and knew what was happening to me. he just couldnt do much about it due to his limited power and not wanting to lose his job. his son, who i am close to and workout with, is an absolute animal. he already has offers from alabama, florida state, georgia, and every other school you can think of. good guy, but in a tough situation. im not sure how much he will spill under deposition just because he is a cookman lifer and needs that job.

the final coach was the only other guy (besides me) asked to go to alabama state. we were cool . . . the two youngest on the staff of full-time guys. before everything went down, he went to bat for me trying to get me out of there. he was owed $2500 by the school for moving expenses granted in his contract when he took the job (i had already been there a year when he came on board). after a year of fighting to get his money, he just gave up. he knew it was a scam. he went to alabama state and was promoted to assistant head coach, so he saw a substantial raise. he knows the HC there is a fraud, but he has a family to support and couldnt pass up the promotion and raise. i am surprised that he didnt reach out to me after everything went down. i helped that fvcker a lot when he moved here.

so, if i did this all for myself, i wouldnt care about any of those guys. the whole school would be on fire at this point if i didnt care about them. yes, im sure there is some repercussion for this. it isnt like it is a lead story on ESPN (though it did hit the national wire last year and was picked up by all of the major sports outlets). a month ago, an FBS head coach called me to inquire about their special teams coordinator position. i was one of three guys he was interested in for it. he asked what my schedule was like and said he would be in touch about getting me there for an interview. a few days later, he called to ask why my bio said "graduate assistant" on my page. so, i had to explain everything. even though im innocent and did nothing wrong, which i think he also believes, im sure the drama of the situation was a turn off. he called a few days after telling me not to pass up another opportunity if one comes that i want, because he was giving the spot to another guy he knows. i can only guess the lawsuit had an impact on that.

on the flip side, the happenings at an HBCU arent a secret, so im sure wise coaches understand the situation. when i left north texas, a handful of those coaches told me to get a year or two experience there and then get the hell out of there. it is no secret that most of these schools are shams. last year, a former Marshall player took a $35,000 pay cut to leave an HBCU to go to another FCS school just to get out since it isnt always good to have on a resume. and that $35,000 cut wasnt like $535,000 to $500,000 where there wouldnt be a major impact in lifestyle. people learn how to do things the wrong way being at a lot of these schools for too long.

For the record, rifle, I consider you a dick but you aren't an asshole. You are a complete dickhead, in my opinion...However, though you hovered over the line one shouldn't cross, you didn't...

Just know I still hate you....:-/

I don't know...he sure had you fired up the night Rhode Island Red banned everyone from the now defunct TITM.

Reactions: Geauxtherd
Says the guy who left all his social media completely unrestricted for the whole world to view.

What, you all the sudden an IT expert?
What is hilarious is that you fuktards think it is ok to expose someone's private information simply because it was on facebook.

THE REASON EVERYONE THINKS YOU ARE A MORON IS BECAUSE YOU ARE A MORON.

Maybe, next time, you should blackout the web address as well. That way it's not a waste of your time to blackout your name.

yeah, it isnt much of a secret. if somebody wants to know, they'll figure it out a lot faster than typing all of those characters in the address bar.

and we finally agree on one thing . . . i am a dickhead. but, that is almost exclusively on message boards. some guys like to dress up as girls to relieve stress. some guys like to beat up their wives to relieve stress. some guys like to drink and smoke to relieve stress. some guys like to play with ugly dogs named "chewey" to relieve stress. i just like to act like a dick and remind wvu fans how much better i am at every facet in life than they are.

What is hilarious is that you fuktards think it is ok to expose someone's private information simply because it was on facebook.

Stick to dropping orange cones, dildo.

You know NOTHING about what you speak. Rivals has a post at your own risk policy. The only thing Rivals cares about it people posting premium information on free boards.

But seriously, you really aren't as smart as you think.

Says the guy who left all his social media completely unrestricted for the whole world to view.

What, you all the sudden an IT expert?

Admitted to being completely ignorant of Facebook rules and the access people had. I fixed it. That said, I had no idea that Herd fans would develop such an obsession. I had no idea I would be stalked by Herd fans. For instance, I've known rifle's real name for years.....But guess what? I couldn't give two $h!ts. Obviously, select Herd fans needed to get personal.

I don't think Gary and David would approve of your shenanigans on here junior

i just like to act like a dick and remind wvu fans how much better i am at every facet in life than they are.
Forrest-Gump1.jpg

Admitted to being completely ignorant of Facebook rules and the access people had. I fixed it. That said, I had no idea that Herd fans would develop such an obsession. I had no idea I would be stalked by Herd fans. For instance, I've known rifle's real name for years.....But guess what? I couldn't give two $h!ts. Obviously, select Herd fans needed to get personal.

See, the funny thing is you don't ever see what you do as being in the wrong. You've called Rifle out by name over the years. You also like posts of Ear fans posting pics of people like MichiganHerd. You are a huge hypocrite. It's all fun and games till someone does something to you.

i am a dickhead. but, that is almost exclusively on message boards. some guys like to dress up as girls to relieve stress. some guys like to beat up their wives to relieve stress. some guys like to drink and smoke to relieve stress. some guys like to play with ugly dogs named "chewey" to relieve stress. i just like to act like a dick and remind wvu fans how much better i am at every facet in life than they are.

Lol. ....I'm cool with that and it's that attitude that makes these sports boards fun....Unfortunately, some just don't get that.

Glad you admit you're a dickhead. ;-)

I really don't care what people's names are either, but it appears WVU fans sure do care about their own names. Even though they get called that everyday in real life.

. For instance, I've known rifle's real name for years.....

You knew it because wvu fans posted it frequently.

And Marshall fans couldn't give a shit about your name. They only care that it sent you into apeshit, mental breakdown mode. Same with your son. Nobody gave a shit about him, his name, or anything else. But, he was referred to as "a little bastard" frequently (until hypocritenation tried banning that phrase), because it sent you into apeshit, mental breakdown mode.

No Marshall fan truly cares about the actual info. Nobody gives a shit that OCD has an ugly dog (one on four legs, not his wife) and his wife stacked magazines. But, watching you guys cry is why it's done.

Some other wvu fans were called out. They laughed and rolled with it. It showed it had little impact on them, so Marshall fans didn't bother mentioning it again. It's fourth grade mentality teasing. You must have had some awful school years growing up.

See, the funny thing is you don't ever see what you do as being in the wrong. You've called Rifle out by name over the years. You also like posts of Ear fans posting pics of people like MichiganHerd. You are a huge hypocrite. It's all fun and games till someone does something to you.

And it is posters like you that just don't get it. That said, I can appreciate you as a poster. You aren't a complete asshole either. I actually have fun with our back and forth. You do push the envelope though. ;-]

it depends on who it is.

first, if i were doing all of this all for me, i wouldnt give a shit about anyone else, and the NCAA would have already been befriending me. so, it isnt just about me. i watched what the school did to our players (at least the ones who didnt produce up to the level they wanted). i heard what they did to other coaches (in football and in other sports- coincidentally, they were all white). i saw what they did to me. i saw what they did to a girl who was assaulted by one of our players. i could go on and on. the athletic department, though playing dumb now, allowed all of it to happen. when it was brought to their attention, they tried covering it up instead of doing the right thing. much of it they were already aware of.

the incident has shown me who the good people and cowardly people are.

one coach i was very close to is now at a P5 school. he urged me to do it. i mentioned him before. with coaches and players, he is one of the most respected coaches ive ever been around. as a human being, the guy is amazing. he will be a head coach someday. truly, a quality person, as are his wife and children.

another guy i was close to took a different route. he is a cookman alum/former player. his mom went to cookman. his uncle went to cookman. his brother went to cookman. if it is up to him, his children will go to cookman. he called me trying to get me to go after the former head coach for the money instead of the school. he claimed that it wasnt the school's fault, but rather, was the former head coach's. i told him i agreed with some of that, except that the athletic department was aware a year before everything that my money wasnt right. they were told weeks before the incident about it which is why a meeting was scheduled with everyone for the next day (which I requested so they could stop pointing the finger at each other). then, even after the incident, they tried giving me a check (which they admitted was for back wages) but only contingent on if i signed a document agreeing not to sue. not only was the check for far, far less than what i was owed, but the documents even showed the past months they were issuing the check for . . . in other words, they were agreeing they owed me money, were paying it (just a lot lower than they owe), but ONLY if i signed the agreement not to sue. it is against both state and federal labor laws to withhold wages in order to get somebody to sign an agreement not to sue. in order to get those documents where they admitted to owing me money, i had to trick them into giving them to me weeks later. then, when that happened and they realized i wasnt signing the agreement they wanted, they barricaded the door and refused to let me leave with the incriminating documents. but, i snapped pictures of them while the police officers were sorting everything out (while they were yelling at the police officers to not allow me to take pictures of them). there is a lot more drama involved, but that summarizes it.

so, that coach (the cookman lifer) finished the call by saying "well, i bleed cookman through and through. you know i went here, my family went here . . . all im saying is that i dont want to see what we built here ruined. ill do whatever it takes to protect cookman's name." it was a civil discussion, but we both made it clear how we felt. i told him i was shocked that one of the guys i thought was truly legit and knew the shit i had been through was saying those things to me. he made it clear that he would do whatever it took to not get cookman's name in the mud. i havent heard from him since (it's been over a year). it's a shame, because i think he is a good guy, but his allegiance made him a piece of shit in this situation. and, i was close to his son, who is going to be an absolute animal of a recruit in the future.

another coach who has won a national title at LSU and has coached at some big programs has been great. he reaches out just to say "hi," hits me up on holidays, always offers help if i want any jobs, etc.

another coach who i was fairly close to (i think he is an awful coach and an asshole in general, but he was a loner and always wanted me to go to dinner with him) texted me the day after the incident asking if i could give him a ride to the office (we are the only two who live on the beach side of the city, and his car was in the shop). i texted him back saying "sorry, cant help you, i was fired yesterday." his response was "what? are you serious? wow. im sorry. we will talk soon." i never heard back from him. i did see him a few weeks later when i was leaving the athletic department (during the payment incident). he tried talking acting like nothing had happened, but i ignored him. he is a huge, cowardly, pussy. i cant wait to tell him that to his face. in staff meetings, he would get absolutely killed by the old head coach. shit that should have never been said . . . embarrassing, humiliating, take your manhood type of stuff. and he would never say a word back. he would just sit there with his head down. he was out of a job one year, and it hurt his family (his ex-wife has custody of the children states away). so, he is a huge coward and gets eaten alive. but, he is an absolute asshole to everyone else (his players, waitresses at restaurants, etc.). he was the target of most of my pranks.

another coach is also a cookman lifer. he was on the other side of the ball, but he is a stand-up guy . . . former NFL player. he has coached under three or four different head coaches at cookman, and he never wants to leave. his daughter goes to school there. a school could offer to triple his salary, and he wouldnt take it. as long as he has money for a nice car and scratch-off tickets whenever he wants, he is content. he called a couple of times and apologized, but i cant expect anything more from him. i dont expect guys to risk their jobs for me.

another defensive coach is a coward. he loves it down here, so he wont ever leave. he and his wife run a successful company in virginia where she lives. his children are grown. he can live down here, get away from his wife, cheat as much as he wants, and dominate a conference that doesnt have explosive offenses. i never had issues with him, but i never liked him . . . and we never had to work together. he also only hires black coaches.

another coach was promoted to head coach. he is a quality guy. i like his wife and children. but, it is his one shot to be an HC. any relationship with me is impossible. he cant put his one shot in jeopardy for staying cool with me. we exchanged one text each after he was promoted.

another coach, a former P5 head coach, is cool. he came and lived with me for a while after the incidents until his new condo was finished.

another coach is a year or two away from retirement. he and his wife like this area, so they plan on staying fairly close to this area as soon as he retires. he just wants to ride out the final year or two without causing any issues that could hurt him.

another coach had been fired the year before but was retained as the player personnel director. he has also won a national title and coached at a lot of big places. he was mainly fired, because a lot of the other coaches didnt like him. he has some shadiness to him, and was hit with major violations in his career, but we were always cool. he is coaching at another FCS now. he hits me up every couple of months. i dont fully trust him, but i like him.

an operations guy who was aware of everything throughout the two years hasnt reached out. he was always cool. he would tell me all of the shit which was going on, but to retain his job, he couldnt go to bat for me (which i understand). he has been there a long time as a player, coach, operations, etc. He wants to be a good guy and knew what was happening to me. he just couldnt do much about it due to his limited power and not wanting to lose his job. his son, who i am close to and workout with, is an absolute animal. he already has offers from alabama, florida state, georgia, and every other school you can think of. good guy, but in a tough situation. im not sure how much he will spill under deposition just because he is a cookman lifer and needs that job.

the final coach was the only other guy (besides me) asked to go to alabama state. we were cool . . . the two youngest on the staff of full-time guys. before everything went down, he went to bat for me trying to get me out of there. he was owed $2500 by the school for moving expenses granted in his contract when he took the job (i had already been there a year when he came on board). after a year of fighting to get his money, he just gave up. he knew it was a scam. he went to alabama state and was promoted to assistant head coach, so he saw a substantial raise. he knows the HC there is a fraud, but he has a family to support and couldnt pass up the promotion and raise. i am surprised that he didnt reach out to me after everything went down. i helped that fvcker a lot when he moved here.

so, if i did this all for myself, i wouldnt care about any of those guys. the whole school would be on fire at this point if i didnt care about them. yes, im sure there is some repercussion for this. it isnt like it is a lead story on ESPN (though it did hit the national wire last year and was picked up by all of the major sports outlets). a month ago, an FBS head coach called me to inquire about their special teams coordinator position. i was one of three guys he was interested in for it. he asked what my schedule was like and said he would be in touch about getting me there for an interview. a few days later, he called to ask why my bio said "graduate assistant" on my page. so, i had to explain everything. even though im innocent and did nothing wrong, which i think he also believes, im sure the drama of the situation was a turn off. he called a few days after telling me not to pass up another opportunity if one comes that i want, because he was giving the spot to another guy he knows. i can only guess the lawsuit had an impact on that.

on the flip side, the happenings at an HBCU arent a secret, so im sure wise coaches understand the situation. when i left north texas, a handful of those coaches told me to get a year or two experience there and then get the hell out of there. it is no secret that most of these schools are shams. last year, a former Marshall player took a $35,000 pay cut to leave an HBCU to go to another FCS school just to get out since it isnt always good to have on a resume. and that $35,000 cut wasnt like $535,000 to $500,000 where there wouldnt be a major impact in lifestyle. people learn how to do things the wrong way being at a lot of these schools for too long.
Sounds like a scam . Has to suck for those with families who truly need the money

Reactions: 30CAT
Stick to dropping orange cones, dildo.

You know NOTHING about what you speak. Rivals has a post at your own risk policy. The only thing Rivals cares about it people posting premium information on free boards.

But seriously, you really aren't as smart as you think.
I am a lot smarter than you. Rivals policy is their business and you are wrong about their policy but this has nothing to do with Rivals policy.

I am a lot smarter than you. Rivals policy is their business and you are wrong about their policy but this has nothing to do with Rivals policy.
Rivals policy says not to post your own personal info. Doesn't say anything about other people's info there DAC

Reactions: 30Kelly
Rivals policy says not to post your own personal info. Doesn't say anything about other people's info there DAC

True. If you take the time to actually research and read ALL the policies. Dildo is merely guessing and speculating.

I dont think you know what being inbred means. Maybe you should reasearch it at Michigan University.
Don't be making fun of my schooling. Don't forget, me and you graduated from the same school of higher learning.

I will speculate that you dont have any idea what I am talking about and it is sad.

The only thing I don't understand is why you're getting all hot and bothered over this topic. Is dildo your real name? If it is, I can tell you I'm calling you that because it really fits you and any similarity to your real name is purely coincidental.

The only thing I don't understand is why you're getting all hot and bothered over this topic. Is dildo your real name? If it is, I can tell you I'm calling you that because it really fits you and any similarity to your real name is purely coincidental.
You are confusing mockery for anger. Nobody should be as stupid as you are.

No...You are incorrect.

I knew it from the days when you posted pictures of your conceited self.

You have to admit. You're pretty stuck on yourself.

Want to know how I know you're lying? You said I was incorrect. I'm never incorrect.

Sounds like a scam . Has to suck for those with families who truly need the money

It's not as much a scam as it is incompetent leaders allowing others to do wrong, allowing there to be no accountability throughout the entire university (have I shared the one about the student with 8 arrests in two years who threatened to murder a coach and admitted to having a gun and using racial slurs while getting no punishment, only to commit multiple violent felonies three weeks later?), and a huge culture of passing all work onto the next person.

I should scan and post the six or seven pages of complaints I took to the senior assistant athletic director after just my first year there. He played dumb to much of it, apologized vehemently for some of it, and placed blame on the head coach for a lot of it (but that was between the two of us, as the head coach was blaming all of the issues on the AD).

I'm not being a drama-queen. You guys won't believe some of the things that happened. Just a couple . . .

1) during our time off for the summer, I was scheduled to work some camps at P5 schools. Most major schools don't just allow any coach to work their camps. You have to be vetted before being approved. And for a coach with little experience at that point, getting approved and forming relationships with these P5 coaches is a great opportunity. Most schools require some proof that the coaches have a clean background. But, they went easy on me. Instead of paying $80 for each school to do a full criminal background check, they just asked somebody in cookman's HR department to send an email (they provided the email address) from their Cookman email just stating that a background check had been done on me before being hired. Sounds easy, right? It would literally take 30 seconds to copy-and-paste the emails sent to them and type up a one sentence email. While I was in Texas, I spent weeks calling and emailing multiple people in the HR department. Not a single one replied to my very easy and very polite request. So, I couldn't work any camps . . . taking $200/day out of my pocket but more importantly making me look like an unprofessional asshole and not getting to know these other coaches. When I mentioned it to the appropriate people an apology was granted but not a single explanation or mention to the HR department.

2) my office had some stuff stolen out of it (sneakers, shorts). Never found out who stole the first stuff. So, they changed locks but never gave me a key! So, I couldn't lock my own office. Later, while I left during a quick lunch break, I returned to find my apple charger and office trashcan gone. So, I had the video guys pull the video (cameras are everywhere around that place because the HC was paranoid about former players returning with guns) and send it to me. I quickly saw, on film, a video departing employee (student-employee) enter my office. He has no reason to be on there. The video department is on the other wise of the building. He walks out of my office carrying my trashcan. He has a backpack on, so who knows what is inside of it. I screenshot it and show his boss, the head of the video department (he is the AD's call boy- the guy has a cush job but not degree. He filed a harassment complaint against the HC years before my arrival). The head of the video department says he will take care of it and have him return my charger and the can. Weeks go by with no word. Finally, I ask him again. He plays stupid and acts surprised that it wasn't returned yet (one would think he would verify that it was returned and punish the kid). Still nothing. Finally, in a staff meeting, I call him out on it and asked again. The HC hears about it and rails the video director saying that it's his responsibility to make sure it is returned. The kid said he was borrowing the trashcan to use as a stand for the video camera in a shot but denied taking the charger. A year later, the trashcan was never returned. I'm sure it's still sitting in the kid's apartment along with my charger.

Those are just two stories out of a six or seven page complaint. Other stories are far more entertaining, and frankly, unbelievable unless you've been there.

Keep fishing and you might catch a misdemeanor. You dont think I am serious? Try me.
What in the heck are you talking about Dave? You pressing charges because of an autocorrect from Dave to Dac? I guess fat thumbs and and iPhone don't mix.

Do you get a nickel for every view?

Not on that video. But, the one that just surpassed 30 million views in six months, throne that just surpassed 18 million views in four months, the one that just surpassed 15 million views in three months, and the one that just surpassed 4 million in two months? Yeah, I profit each time chewey steps on the mouse and accidentally clicks on those videos. They add up to some damn nice checks every six months.

Want to know how I know you're lying? You said I was incorrect. I'm never incorrect.

It's not as much a scam as it is incompetent leaders allowing others to do wrong, allowing there to be no accountability throughout the entire university (have I shared the one about the student with 8 arrests in two years who threatened to murder a coach and admitted to having a gun and using racial slurs while getting no punishment, only to commit multiple violent felonies three weeks later?), and a huge culture of passing all work onto the next person.

I should scan and post the six or seven pages of complaints I took to the senior assistant athletic director after just my first year there. He played dumb to much of it, apologized vehemently for some of it, and placed blame on the head coach for a lot of it (but that was between the two of us, as the head coach was blaming all of the issues on the AD).

I'm not being a drama-queen. You guys won't believe some of the things that happened. Just a couple . . .

1) during our time off for the summer, I was scheduled to work some camps at P5 schools. Most major schools don't just allow any coach to work their camps. You have to be vetted before being approved. And for a coach with little experience at that point, getting approved and forming relationships with these P5 coaches is a great opportunity. Most schools require some proof that the coaches have a clean background. But, they went easy on me. Instead of paying $80 for each school to do a full criminal background check, they just asked somebody in cookman's HR department to send an email (they provided the email address) from their Cookman email just stating that a background check had been done on me before being hired. Sounds easy, right? It would literally take 30 seconds to copy-and-paste the emails sent to them and type up a one sentence email. While I was in Texas, I spent weeks calling and emailing multiple people in the HR department. Not a single one replied to my very easy and very polite request. So, I couldn't work any camps . . . taking $200/day out of my pocket but more importantly making me look like an unprofessional asshole and not getting to know these other coaches. When I mentioned it to the appropriate people an apology was granted but not a single explanation or mention to the HR department.

2) my office had some stuff stolen out of it (sneakers, shorts). Never found out who stole the first stuff. So, they changed locks but never gave me a key! So, I couldn't lock my own office. Later, while I left during a quick lunch break, I returned to find my apple charger and office trashcan gone. So, I had the video guys pull the video (cameras are everywhere around that place because the HC was paranoid about former players returning with guns) and send it to me. I quickly saw, on film, a video departing employee (student-employee) enter my office. He has no reason to be on there. The video department is on the other wise of the building. He walks out of my office carrying my trashcan. He has a backpack on, so who knows what is inside of it. I screenshot it and show his boss, the head of the video department (he is the AD's call boy- the guy has a cush job but not degree. He filed a harassment complaint against the HC years before my arrival). The head of the video department says he will take care of it and have him return my charger and the can. Weeks go by with no word. Finally, I ask him again. He plays stupid and acts surprised that it wasn't returned yet (one would think he would verify that it was returned and punish the kid). Still nothing. Finally, in a staff meeting, I call him out on it and asked again. The HC hears about it and rails the video director saying that it's his responsibility to make sure it is returned. The kid said he was borrowing the trashcan to use as a stand for the video camera in a shot but denied taking the charger. A year later, the trashcan was never returned. I'm sure it's still sitting in the kid's apartment along with my charger.

Those are just two stories out of a six or seven page complaint. Other stories are far more entertaining, and frankly, unbelievable unless you've been there.
I find this stuff interesting

How prevalent is paying players in college football ? I won't ask you about places you work. Ole miss seems shady on the surface

Not on that video. But, the one that just surpassed 30 million views in six months, throne that just surpassed 18 million views in four months, the one that just surpassed 15 million views in three months, and the one that just surpassed 4 million in two months? Yeah, I profit each time chewey steps on the mouse and accidentally clicks on those videos. They add up to some damn nice checks every six months.
LOL

I find this stuff interesting

How prevalent is paying players in college football ? I won't ask you about places you work. Ole miss seems shady on the surface

Straight cash being handed out? I'm not sure. Does it happen? Sure. I don't think it's as much as some people may think. Perhaps, it's just done better now.

At North Texas, it absolutely didn't happen. Their HC who was just fired was a very old school guy. They had a big official visit weekend the same weekend they had their end of season banquet (they weren't brilliant with their recruiting). Most places, who would be wise, would lower the ticket price to the banquet to around $20. Why? Because then the recruits could come to the banquet and still have money left over for entertainment with their player-hosts that weekend. But, North Texas didn't think like that. They had already advertised the prices and sold tickets much higher, so they couldn't lower them.

It meant the coaches who had been recruiting these players couldst spend critical hours with them getting to know them and build the relationship since the coaches had to be at the banquet. So, I was stuck entertaining all of them.

During this time, a JUCO All-American defensive tackle started talking about how he needed some persuading to commit to UNT. He started talking about how his GF (she either played volleyball or basketball at his JUCO) would need a full scholarship, too, so that they could live together, both get their school paid, and have extra money left over. he said Miami had already agreed to get their women's sports team to offer her (since he had an offer from them). Eventually, he kept hinting saying that with the major offers he had, he needed "that guy (while pointing from the stadium dining area to the HC's office in the endzone area) to get those hundred dollar bills out. I need to be able to wipe my ass with $100 bills." His jokes started taking on a more serious nature throughout the night.

I strongly disliked the kid. He was a cancer and tried bringing other recruits into his scheme.

At the end of nights when recruits at visiting, the staff would meet just for a few minutes to strategize about any kids we thought were really enjoying the visit or ways we needed to change to appeal to other kids who may not be liking it as much. During this meeting, I mentioned the stuff about the defensive tackle. The staff could tell I wasn't wishy-washy about the kid. Regardless of being a JUCO All-American DT, I didn't want him. Having been there for only 4-5 months, and not being a full-time guy, I'm not sure how much my opinion mattered to them at that point.

When I went home for the night, the recruiting coordinator (who was also the safeties coach and is now coaching in the Big 10) called me. He asked how serious I was about not liking the kid. I told him he was bad news, regardless of how talented they thought he was. The following morning, they woke him at the hotel and arranged transportation to take him home. They cut his visit. That showed me that UNT played by the rules.

The kid ended up signing with Baylor (no idea if they paid him- I know two of their defensive coaches and don't think they would do it) and never played a single down there. Something happened where he wasn't on their roster after the first couple of games of his junior year and never heard about him again.

At Cookman, you're dealing with far less talented players. You don't have to worry about agents and big-money boosters as much (or cash being handed to them from other programs during the recruiting process). But, it definitely happened once before I got there and may have happened twice.

The first one happened with a player who had just transferred from an FBS school. He was still on the team when I arrived, but the incident happened the year prior.

Cookman was getting ready to play Miami in their second or third game of the season. Cookman had previously played a game, wherein the player in question saw significant action. A Miami coach called a friend of his at Cookman and told him that he knew the Cookman transfer was ineligible. He showed up just a few days before cookman's first game, so there was no way he was eligible to play. Further, the Miami coach said he talked to a coach at the player's original school and stated that the kid still hasn't been released from that school due to having $300 in parking tickets on his record. So, not only did he play in a game just a few days after arriving on campus, but he hasn't even been released from his previous school.

So, the day Cookman left to travel to Miami, the head coach arranged for a GA to have a car and take the player down to his original school. There, they would pay off the kid's tickets in order to get his transcript and release, then drive directly to Miami. As they got in the car to drive to the school, the head coach dropped an envelope on the lap of the GA and said "here, you guys will need this to take care of the tickets." Inside the envelope was $300-$400. The GA and player both admit to this.

Also, the year before I arrived there, Cookman had a stud, junior offensive lineman. He was projected as a mid-round pick. He was really close to a defensive coach on staff who had recruited him. He was struggling financially (not sure how, as everything is paid for on scholarship) and a shady agent had gotten in his ear. According to another coach and some disgruntled former players, the defensive coach had been giving him cash his entire junior season trying to keep him in school (I have no idea of the veracity of it, though it's been told to me by multiple people). The player ended up stopped going to classes, purposely failed out, signed with an agent, and the NFL passed on him based mostly on his failing out and shady characters around him.

Sadly, my property manager asked if I knew him, because he had applied for a janitor position where I live . . . not that being a janitor is bad or something to be ashamed of, but this kid had the means to get a college degree and play on the NFL had he made better choices and received more structure from his coach, but instead, couldn't get a janitorial job.

The only other things I have dealt with regarding players being paid was with rumors. One of cookman's coaches had been a full-time guy at some major programs. Another coach I know, who played at Marshall, said that the coach was the "moneybag man" at the SEC school where he was coaching. He was the one hired to hand the cash to recruits/their families. Is it possible? Sure. He had some absolute studs he recruited to help win a national championship. But, he's also a damn good coach. He had four defensive lineman in one year at an HBCU go to NFL camps. That's hard to get at a P5. But, at an FCS? It's unheard of.

I'm sure it happens, but I think it is more the case of coaches/recruiting personal arranging extra benefits by using staff members, female students, etc. to provide car rides, nice dinners, etc. . . . stuff that isn't as blatant as straight cash.

Oh, you're welcome for just pushing the total on your YouTube video views to seven. They should have given you more airtime. Eleven seconds doesn't seem fair.
My youtube video? Shit. If I want to make cash I would juat sell this thread to a psychiatric school as a test case. You are batshit crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT