ADVERTISEMENT

6-year-old in custody after shooting teacher in Virginia, police chief says

Mom bought the gun legally.
Child brought it from and intentionally shot the teacher.
COP says investigation in how the gun was secured (obviously not good enough) is ongoing and charges against Parents will be determined by Prosecutor after that's completed.
Which confirms previous speculation earlier ITT that an adult was in some way either grossly negligent or perhaps carelessly so. However under no scenario understood logically so far is an adult not responsible.

Which confirms previous speculation earlier ITT that an adult was in some way either grossly negligent or perhaps carelessly so. However under no scenario understood logically so far is an adult not responsible.

Like the C.O.P said. They will continue to investigate the level of negligence and anyone else that lived there that may have issues with the law. Buy a safe with a keypad even if its a small one. If She didn't have one she may be in trouble.

Reactions: 30CAT and atlkvb
Like the C.O.P said. They will continue to investigate the level of negligence and anyone else that lived there that may have issues with the law. Buy a safe with a keypad even if its a small one. If She didn't have one she may be in trouble.
The superintendent also suggested administrators may likely adjust metal detection & monitoring protocols for elementary students entering schools. It was clear from what investigators have determined that the child entered the school with the weapon in his backpack, which wasn't screened or searched prior to him entering the classroom.

The superintendent also suggested the school may likely adjust its metal detection & monitoring protocols for elementary students entering schools. It was clear from what investigators have determined that the child entered the school with the weapon in his backpack, which wasn't screened or searched prior to him entering the classroom.

I think metal detectors should be at every school. Not just because of the students. Not just because of guns. We have them at other places. What's more important than OUR kids? The answer isn't Ukraine.

The superintendent also suggested administrators may likely adjust metal detection & monitoring protocols for elementary students entering schools. It was clear from what investigators have determined that the child entered the school with the weapon in his backpack, which wasn't screened or searched prior to him entering the classroom.
So sad we have to have this discussion.

I think metal detectors should be at every school. Not just because of the students. Not just because of guns. We have them at other places. What's more important than OUR kids? The answer isn't Ukraine.
We recently flew from Atlanta up to Western New York with our Grandkids...they not only screened the kids, they screened the carry on backpacks they had with them that contained their I-pads and video games!

Reactions: 30CAT
It is indeed a sad commentary on the times we live in @roadtrasheer.

I posted stuff in this thread that I knew probably had very little to do with this specific kid. However it applies in many other places and situations in this country. There's definitely some people who don't want metal detectors and drug sniffing dogs at school. It's not for the same reasons some of you all don't.

Like Dentist who hand out tons of candy on Halloween.
Hey! I resent that
Sweetest Day Food GIF by Guava Juice

Like Dentist who hand out tons of candy on Halloween.
Sorry. I can't comment on this one here much anymore. People who I have interreacted here previously with will get that. I will say I am the only person involved in this thread who knows the kid's name, history, etc. And I can tell you some of everyone's guesses were right and some of everyone's guesses were wrong.

Like I said, let it play out and many of the facts will come out. Speculating only leads to shit outcomes all the way around, especially in the forum of public opinion (See George Floyd, Mike Brown, etc.). But that is too hard for some grown educated adults.

Sorry. I can't comment on this one here much anymore. People who I have interreacted here previously with will get that. I will say I am the only person involved in this thread who knows the kid's name, history, etc. And I can tell you some of everyone's guesses were right and some of everyone's guesses were wrong.

Like I said, let it play out and many of the facts will come out. Speculating only leads to shit outcomes all the way around, especially in the forum of public opinion (See George Floyd, Mike Brown, etc.). But that is too hard for some grown educated adults.
What exactly is "speculation" about calling the fact that a six year old who brought a loaded weapon to school and shot a teacher with it is a moral tragedy and complete failure of the adult (s) responsible for both that child's morality & safety? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Gunny46

No you don't. I gave numerous situations that could have been involved with the kid and some that probably had nothing to do with it. But still important with what's going on in our society.

He's 6 and got his hands on a gun. That's a problem no matter what other facts come out. Most grown adults can comprehend that.

Reactions: atlkvb
No you don't. I gave numerous situations that could have been involved with the kid and some that probably had nothing to do with it. But still important with what's going on in our society.

He's 6 and got his hands on a gun. That's a problem no matter what other facts come out. Most grown adults can comprehend that.
Exactly!

What exactly is "speculation" about calling the fact that a six year old who brought a loaded weapon to school and shot a teacher with it is a moral tragedy and complete failure of the adult (s) responsible for both that child's morality & safety? :rolleyes:
If that is all you said, fine by me. But don't bullshit me and pretend we don't have 6 pages of your nonsense like "Why aren't they questioning the parents?"

Who doesn't?

Worse yet, Who in their right mind would think that wasn't the problem?

Even worse yet, who in their right mind would perform the mental gymnastics to pretend people who disagree with them don't think that is a problem?

You are inventing shit to argue now. Carry on!

Who doesn't?

Worse yet, Who in their right mind would think that wasn't the problem?

Even worse yet, who in their right mind would perform the mental gymnastics to pretend people who disagree with them don't think that is a problem?

You are inventing shit to argue now. Carry on!

That about sums up what you did the entire thread. Take a lap.

If that is all you said, fine by me. But don't bullshit me and pretend we don't have 6 pages of your nonsense like "Why aren't they questioning the parents?"
Well wise guy...according to your bullsh*t, who else logically should they first have questioned? The school's Janitor? :rolleyes:

I never said that goofball. It's a huge problem.
I don't understand why he's considering every other possible or obscure scenario that could have led to this except the most obvious one? That kid came from a poorly run or essentially non existent, morally bankrupt home life with an irresponsible parent/adult(s)!

(he found the gun at a bus stop...really????) :rolleyes:

Good grief.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I don't understand why he's considering every other obscure possible scenario that could have led to this except the most obvious one? That kid came from a poorly run or essentially non existent home life with an irresponsible adult(s)! (he found the gun at a bus stop????) :rolleyes:

Good grief.
giphy.gif

C.O.P said he took it from mom.

Reactions: atlkvb
C.O.P said he took it from mom.
Don't tell the "legal eagle" that...he might accuse you of prejudicing jurors with unsubstantiated hearsay and conjecture not determinative to the behavioral decisions of the 6 year old once he left home on his own! :rolleyes:

Don't tell the "legal eagle" that...he might accuse you of prejudicing jurors with unsubstantiated hearsay and conjecture not determinative to the behavioral decisions of the 6 year old once he left home on his own! :rolleyes:
Lol!

You and gunny need to wipe your Chinss.

Agree with it or not. That wasn't my argument. Secure your firearms. If you don't some kid accidentally shoots someone or even worse does what happens here.

Either way. This just happened.

Virginia mom facing charges for 6-year-old who shot teacher​

The mother of a 6-year-old boy who allegedly shot a teacher at his Newport News, Virginia, elementary school is now facing charges, prosecutors announced Monday.

A grand jury returned two indictments charging Deja Taylor with felony child neglect and misdemeanor recklessly leaving a loaded firearm as to endanger a child, according to prosecutors.

This, the shooting(s) today, the ones coming tomorrow and in the days ahead, all have the same roots...

Most children today are going to be raised in single parent homes - @ 80% of blacks and @ 50% of whites (may be higher now).

So, those kids only get a half measure of love, role modeling, etc. The idea of unconditional love doesn't exist for them.

Even those being raised by both parents, a lot will have the same problem. Mom AND/OR Dad will spend the majority of their time per day working to buy the newest "stuff". Not to pay the bills, but to buy 80 inch TV's and 80K vehicles.

So, they'll pawn their children off to strangers to raise the majority of the day. In these "daycares" they will teach them how to talk, walk, potty train them. All the big events in life. Mom picks the kid up, takes him home, puts him in front of a screen to occupy him while she goes about getting supper, etc. The daily routine...

Meanwhile, in front of that screen, the kid will witness @ 5K acts of violence before reaching kindergarten age. Murders, rapes, assaults, disrespect, you name it - because you are letting people into your living room that you ordinarily wouldn't allow through your front door.

Then the kid wants a screen of their own, so he gets an XBOX/PLAYSTATION?WHATEVER for Christmas. The games of today are not like the ones on Atari 40 years ago. The ones today are far more lifelike, more like a simulator than anything else. So much so that "killing" becomes routine. Emotionless. Easy.

Then, they get a cell phone and a computer and can't converse with anyone except over a screen. Anything that disagrees with their rigidly held beliefs causes them anxiety. Add to that the kid gets honor roll because education has been dumbed down to that point - its participation trophy in education as well as sport.

Then, life hits. They get a rude awakening. There's no mommy to take care of it anymore. The boss (whoever that is - literal boss, teacher, preacher, etc.) simply fires you, disrespects you in your eyes, so you revert back to your training - except this time with a real gun.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT