ADVERTISEMENT

6-year-old in custody after shooting teacher in Virginia, police chief says

Well illustrated. Just as most caring parents know exactly what their 6 year olds are up to? However there are some derelict deadbeat parents out there and unfortunately their irresponsibility also sometimes effects the rest of us.

Well we could tell Europe to deal with Ukraine. We have a war to deal with here and on our southern border.

Reactions: roadtrasheer

CLEWISTON, Fla. — A 37-year-old teacher has been found guilty of selling illegal drugs to two students at her Florida middle school.

Prosecutors say Maria Otilia Rivera faces up to 35 years in prison when she's sentenced Oct. 16.

A Hendry County Sheriff’s Office investigation that began in 2017 found that Rivera sold drugs to two girls, ages 12 and 14. Investigators say the teacher would take the girls off-campus and teach them how to prepare and ingest the drugs. The girls had not previously used drugs

HARRISBURG — Attorney General Josh Shapiro today announced felony charges against a Cumberland County teacher just hours before she was to chaperone a student field trip. An investigation by Office of Attorney General Agents led to the seizure of cocaine, methamphetamine, and hundreds of prescription pills, notably Adderall.

Unfortunatly the Oxford incident was hundreds of miles from the Va elementary school shooting and probably not the same parents involved. We need to wait for news as to who was responsible for this child and the final outcome of this mess.

Unfortunatly the Oxford incident was hundreds of miles from the Va elementary school shooting and probably not the same parents involved. We need to wait for news as to who was responsible for this child and the final outcome of this mess.

Bad parenting either way? Honestly I'm not sold on criminal charges in every case for the Parents unless some real negligence can be proven. However everyone definitely needs to secure their guns. It's common sense in today's world of the internet and crazies influencing your children.

This what was seized. A fraction of what made it across. You will know when they start making a dent when emergency rooms start getting overran with the addicted having withdrawal.

DEA seized enough fentanyl to kill every American in 2022​

This year.

Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests the avalanche of overdose deaths — driven largely by the spread of illicit fentanyl --may have crested in March. Researchers found a staggering 110,236 people died in a single 12-month period, a stunning new record.

Where did both come from.

Covid-19 and drug overdoses drive US life expectancy to lowest level in 25 years, CDC reports​

We don't have gun problem. We have a society and crime problem. But useful idiots don't want deal with that. For numerous reasons.

Last edited:
Best advice I can give people is buy a safe. Don't give the kids the code. I don't care how much you trust them. Unfortunately it's not the 80's anymore. If you buy them a rifle or shotgun. You keep it in the safe until you take them hunting or shooting until they are 18. It's just advice. Do with it as you want.
How does that keep you safe from intruders? I'm told protection is one of the most important justifications for the Second Amendment. Will the intruder politely wait for you to open your safe to access the firearm?

It is too soon to "know" what the outcome of this event will be, But in my home area a 4 year old child was killed by another child and the parent of that child was jailed for not locking the weapon away from children,s ability to obtain the gun.
I got that. I have defended more than a dozen of parental neglect charges in my career. All I am saying is nobody knows what happened yet people here have concluded:

1. An adult is responsible. (What if the kid found the gun under a bush at the bus stop and no one knew?);

2. An adult actually handed the kid a gun (I still can't get over that one!); and

3. The kids' parents are responsible for this. (What if the kid lived with his grandmother? Wouldn't she be responsible and not the parents?).

This is the same stupid jumping to conclusions that caused morons to burn the town of Ferguson, Missouri only to later find out Mike Brown robbed a convenience store then fought the responding officer and tried to steal his firearm.

People just need to step back and let the investigation run its course before telling us what happened when they have no clue. Ignorance at its best.

I guess there's always the chance he sold lemonade on the street corner then ordered a 3d printer and built it himself.

I'm going to go with

A. Related to all the gang activity in the area.
B. Unsecured
C. Extreme lack of supervision from Parents
D. Damn good chance of all the above
You may be right. But right now you have no idea what occurred but have already decided responsibility.

Odd that someone so hellbent on protecting his Constitutional rights is so willing to throws the rights of others out the window.

How does that keep you safe from intruders? I'm told protection is one of the most important justifications for the Second Amendment. Will the intruder politely wait for you to open your safe to access the firearm?

Guess you should do some research on the different kinds of safes of safes out there.

I got that. I have defended more than a dozen of parental neglect charges in my career. All I am saying is nobody knows what happened yet people here have concluded:

1. An adult is responsible. (What if the kid found the gun under a bush at the bus stop and no one knew?);

2. An adult actually handed the kid a gun (I still can't get over that one!); and

3. The kids' parents are responsible for this. (What if the kid lived with his grandmother? Wouldn't she be responsible and not the parents?).

This is the same stupid jumping to conclusions that caused morons to burn the town of Ferguson, Missouri only to later find out Mike Brown robbed a convenience store then fought the responding officer and tried to steal his firearm.

People just need to step back and let the investigation run its course before telling us what happened when they have no clue. Ignorance at its best.
No matter what spin a lawyer as yourself puts on this a adult is responsible. That's a fact .
A child of 6 should only be thinking of playing with Tonka trucks and gi Joe men not killing a teacher cause he is pissed.

You may be right. But right now you have no idea what occurred but have already decided responsibility.

Odd that someone so hellbent on protecting his Constitutional rights is so willing to throws the rights of others out the window..

A 6 year old had access to a gun and the mindset to shoot his teacher. Are you arguing it didn't happen now?

I guess it could of been he watched too much Tom and Jerry.

A 6 year old had access to a gun and the mindset to shoot his teacher. Are you arguing it didn't happen now?

I guess it could of been he watched too much Tom and Jerry.
I agree. The 6 year old obtained a gun. That is different than claiming someone actually "put it in his hands". Maybe that did occur but it is more likely the kid grabbed it on his own without an adult's knowledge. That doesn't exonerate anyone, but claiming someone "put a gun in his hands" is just as crazy of an assertion at this time as claiming the parents aren't being questioned.

All this handwringing over a kid exercising his Second Amendment rights. Maybe the teacher, a government employee, was oppressing him and he needed the firearm to protect himself and his other Constitutional rights. Do I have the mantra right?

I agree. The 6 year old obtained a gun. That is different than claiming someone actually "putting it in his hands". Maybe that did occur but it is more likely the kid grabbed it on his own without an adult's knowledge. That doesn't exonerate anyone, but claiming someone "put a gun in his hands" is just as crazy of an assertion at this time as claiming the parents aren't being questioned.

All this handwringing over a kid exercising his Second Amendment rights. Maybe the teacher, a government employee, was oppressing him and he needed the firearm to protect himself and his other Constitutional rights. Do I have the mantra right?

He''s 6. This isn't as difficult as you want to make it.

I agree. The 6 year old obtained a gun. That is different than claiming someone actually "put it in his hands". Maybe that did occur but it is more likely the kid grabbed it on his own without an adult's knowledge. That doesn't exonerate anyone, but claiming someone "put a gun in his hands" is just as crazy of an assertion at this time as claiming the parents aren't being questioned.

He''s 6. This isn't as difficult as you want to make it.

This might help.

I guess when the facts come out we will see if a someone actually handed the kid the firearm like you claimed.

He's six. Someone gave it to him or left it unsecured. Either way it ended up in his hands where he used his finger to pull the trigger.

He's six. Someone gave it to him or left it unsecured. Either way it ended up in his hands where he used his finger to pull the trigger.
Agreed.

Now that wasn't so difficult, was it?

I'm an ex reporter, in my career I covered dozens of child abuse and neglect cases. Guess what? An adult was ALWAYS found responsible.

However posters was wording the argument we all have been saying the same thing... bottom line it is an adults fault.
More than likely but a year or so ago I defended parents of a 9 year old who accidentally shot his friend while playing with his parents' handgun. The kid figured out the combination to the safe it was stored in and accessed the weapon without the knowledge of either parent. The parents were acquitted and found not to be criminally responsible.

I'll be the first to tell you I don't expect that to be the case here but it is truly amazing that everyone has already made up their minds about what occurred when none of us know anything.

It finally dawned on you he probably didn't use his toes?
No. Rather, I'm just glad you finally acknowledged that the kid may have put the gun in his own hands and opposed to someone handing it to him.

More than likely but a year or so ago I defended parents of a 9 year old who accidentally shot his friend while playing with his parents' handgun. The kid figured out the combination to the safe it was stored in and accessed the weapon without the knowledge of either parent. The parents were acquitted and found not to be criminally responsible.

I'll be the first to tell you I don't expect that to be the case here but it is truly amazing that everyone has already made up their minds about what occurred when none of us know anything.

I said get a safe. Now if they had left it laying in an unsecured night stand how do you think it would have went? I also mentioned ITT not all parents should be held negligent in court in all cases. As in what steps if any did they take to prevent it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT