ADVERTISEMENT

🔥🔥BREAKING🔥🔥 Yodny Cajuste says he isn't playing in the Camping World Bowl

Seems like yesterday when the coaches weren’t even sure he as an OL or a DL. To go from such a raw player to a first round pick (likely) is an amazing story.

Congrats

Cajuste: "I have decided to not play in the bowl game this year in order to go prepare for the next chapter in my life,"

D'oh! And the bowl game and the extra practice doesn't help you get to that next chapter?

Reactions: dogeered_again
A lot of it has to do with eligibility.
Once they forgo their remaining games they can collect future earnings from the NFL.

NFL agents will give a kid like this 500,000 dollars before he is even drafted to secure his rights to negotiate.

So it is ultimately a business decision then that NFL agent can secure the coaches needed for him and begin to push his name on NFL teams.

Can't do all this when he is still considered a college athlete

Reactions: Darth_VadEER
Cajuste: "I have decided to not play in the bowl game this year in order to go prepare for the next chapter in my life,"

D'oh! And the bowl game and the extra practice doesn't help you get to that next chapter?

No.

Flake. He won’t start in NFL. Just another dumbass that only cares about himself. He will get exposed. This offensive line sucks. Cajuste was most overatted OL in Big 12.

I don't believe agents are giving $500,000 to any potential NFL player and especially Cajuste to get to be their agent. Standard agent fee is about 5%. He's an Olineman. He's not a pitchman like a qb, rb, or WR.

Cajuste has one contract to negotiate and honestly an agent isn't even needed for that anymore. You're basically slotted in the first 2 rounds. The NFL PA will do your contracts as part of your league union dues. Lamar Jackson went that way.

I'd say he's missing the game cause he was banged up at years end and he's sitting on a lotto ticket. Why risk it for a week in Orlando?

I say go get your $$$$$ and INVEST IT WISELY when you get it. Watch that 30 for 30 called BROKE & don't be part of the 80% of NFL players bankrupt or in financial distress within 2 years of the career being over.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
I don't believe agents are giving $500,000 to any potential NFL player and especially Cajuste to get to be their agent. Standard agent fee is about 5%. He's an Olineman. He's not a pitchman like a qb, rb, or WR.

Cajuste has one contract to negotiate and honestly an agent isn't even needed for that anymore. You're basically slotted in the first 2 rounds. The NFL PA will do your contracts as part of your league union dues. Lamar Jackson went that way.

I'd say he's missing the game cause he was banged up at years end and he's sitting on a lotto ticket. Why risk it for a week in Orlando?

I say go get your $$$$$ and INVEST IT WISELY when you get it. Watch that 30 for 30 called BROKE & don't be part of the 80% of NFL players bankrupt or in financial distress within 2 years of the career being over.

The rate of pay in the NFL is
QB
DE
LT
CB
WR

LT is one of the most desired positions in the NFL.

Since it's a nothing bowl, I'd rather see other players get the practice and playing time in preparation for next year.

And I hear he sucks, based on an expert opinion above.

The rate for your 1st contract in the NFL is determined by where you're picked. Where you're picked determines how much $$$$$ you get. The whole rookie system is slotted. If he is a good player, he will get a 2nd contract. Then he may need an agent. Right now the NFL PA can do his deal and it's essentially free with his NFL union dues.

The rate for your 1st contract in the NFL is determined by where you're picked. Where you're picked determines how much $$$$$ you get. The whole rookie system is slotted. If he is a good player, he will get a 2nd contract. Then he may need an agent. Right now the NFL PA can do his deal and it's essentially free with his NFL union dues.

You still don't get it.

Where he is drafted depends a lot on his agent.

We can disagree all we want about his value but at the end of the day he left WV to start his NFL career.
This includes finding someone that can help his draft stock.

The rate of pay in the NFL is
QB
DE
LT
CB
WR

LT is one of the most desired positions in the NFL.
I must imagine, however, that being one who is reasonably reliable for one or more penalties at critical times of the game becomes a major distraction when they are looking for folks to whom they may hand out contracts with payouts in the 6, 7 or even 8 digit range.

I must imagine, however, that being one who is reasonably reliable for one or more penalties at critical times of the game becomes a major distraction when they are looking for folks to whom they may hand out contracts with payouts in the 6, 7 or even 8 digit range.

If you ever been around football
All plays have holding.
False starts are bonehead penalties but holds are not.

If you get beat you are suppose to grab the guy because a penalty is better than a TO

I don't think his draft status will be changed due to a good game in the bowl. So, nothing to gain and everything to lose with an injury. He's already had 2 not insignificant knee injuries and there is a shelf life on O-line. His rookie contract maybe all he sees in the NFL.

I'm certain all the complainers in the thread are still at their first jobs at McDonald's, manual laborers, and other entry-level positions because you have to remain loyal to your employer when you're 18-22 years old.

*This doesn't apply to Pride304. We all know he's incapable of gainful employment.

He’s the most overhyped OL player in Big 12. Selfish new age millennial. He will be exposed quickly in NFL. He will drop in draft anyway.

Reactions: Rootmaster

Football players aren't known to be an intelligent bunch.

You still don't get it.

Where he is drafted depends a lot on his agent.

We can disagree all we want about his value but at the end of the day he left WV to start his NFL career.
This includes finding someone that can help his draft stock.
That's ridiculous. An Olineman's play, film, combine, etc get them drafted. The agent may help you with interview skills but no agent gets an OT drafted.

Maybe at qb or rb they can sell you a little more in the media and get a gm to make a REACH fan pick ala Tim Teebow.. At OT nah, it's not a sexy position. Bill Parcells used to say there's never been an agent or mock draft from Mel Kiper make any gm draft anyone except who is already on their board.

I don't know whether he's even worth drafting.

I will say if he believes strongly that he is a pick in the first 3 rounds, don't risk it, GO CASH YOUR LOTTERY TICKET & be smart with your money when you get it. The guy spent 5 years at WVU. He's played enough for the Old Gold & Blue. Good Luck to him.

Another player screws his teammates and tells them I'm better than you. I don't need to help out playing for you minions. Selfish.

Not one bit

A lot of it has to do with eligibility.
Once they forgo their remaining games they can collect future earnings from the NFL.

NFL agents will give a kid like this 500,000 dollars before he is even drafted to secure his rights to negotiate.

So it is ultimately a business decision then that NFL agent can secure the coaches needed for him and begin to push his name on NFL teams.

Can't do all this when he is still considered a college athlete

Fake News haha.
Very very few would get $500,000. Was very close to being an agent and you Texass are full of crap. When you post you literally make shittt up haha.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Cajuste and anyone else who bails now prove the impossible...there is the letter "i" in team...and at least among the new generation of fans....and the what's in it for me crowd. TEAIM.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Flake. He won’t start in NFL. Just another dumbass that only cares about himself. He will get exposed. This offensive line sucks. Cajuste was most overatted OL in Big 12.

You are the worst of the worst homer.

Fake News haha.
Very very few would get $500,000. Was very close to being an agent and you Texass are full of crap. When you post you literally make shittt up haha.

Like Jerry Maguire, brother
If you did that you probably wouldn't be living next door to Tiger.
giphy.gif

Good post but all but a few retain an agent. I advised two players two years ago and helped one get his agent. One got drafted and the other signed as free agent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT