ADVERTISEMENT

WVU's record since they joining the Big 12

We held Oklahoma under 44 points one time in eight games.

Going to find out soon. There is a good chance Oklahoma State is better than OU this year.
Oklahoma State could even be the best team in the Big 12 and have a chance at the CFP.

They return pretty much their entire defense and have weapons all over the field on offense.

That game for WVU would have been much better at the end of the year.

I think it will set a benchmark for where WVU needs to be.

I’m not surprised by the 36-36 record through 8 years but at the same time, I’ll say it should have been better-a lot better-had WVU had a HC that cared about Defense and STs near as much as an air raid offense. That attitude is from Leach and it doesn’t win championships at any level. There’s only 2 NON-DEBATABLE as INEXCUSABLE losses (the loss @ Kansas (Weiss’s only conference win) and 7 days later vs Iowa State on Sr Day (blew a 17 pt halftime & 4th qtr lead) in 2013) and both were program embarrassments—think on the scale of losing to Temple and Rutgers or 2 MAC Schools in back to back weeks.

There’s a 2015 loss @ K State that’s pretty bad too but I’ll still say that's excusable cause it was Bill Snyder even though we still should never have punted to the Lockett kid. There’s 2 more games that were easily winnable vs Oklahoma (2012, 2018) had WVU cared about Defense (2012) or dare I say had discipline at the qb position to not throw multiple pick 6s (2018). There’s also 2 Ok State losses that come down to no discipline (2015 @ home and 2018 in Stillwater). We blew both those games. Those are the lost games I immediately remember over the last 8 seasons. There’s fewer wins I remember that maybe WVU shouldn’t have won (@ Texas 2012 & @ TX Tech 2014). Maybe it balances out? IDK?

Reactions: WVUALLEN
TCU 39-33...hmmmm Because of 3 bad calls they have 3 extra wins.

2 Point conversion. / No call face mask / Bad Offensive PI that cost a game winning drive.

Take out the Oklahoma losses and it looks a little better. 😁

Damn, I didn't realize OSU had dominated WV in football like that. WVU was probably the favorite in 4 or 5 of those games, weren't they?

At least WVU has owned Texas.

Damn, I didn't realize OSU had dominated WV in football like that. WVU was probably the favorite in 4 or 5 of those games, weren't they?

At least WVU has owned Texas.

It's called how many games can we just hand to Oklahoma State and say merry Christmas.

2019 3 point lead going into 4th Q. out scored 10-0 / L 20-13
2018 blow 17 point lead and lose 45-41 / Get out scored 31-10 2nd half / Embarrassing.
2017 Butt whipped 50-39
2016 Butt whipped 37-20
2015 lose in OT 33-26 / actually stormed back only to blow it in OT
2014 win 34-10
2013 win 30-21 ruining #11 OSU season seems we can only beat them when we suck,
2012 butt kicked 55-34

The other 3 games were
1928 WVU win 32-6
1929 WVU win 9-6
1987 WVU loss 35-33 / Thurman Thomas who rushed for 157 yards on 33 carries and scored four touchdowns. Mountaineers led 24-14 at the half.

We seem to have a habit of blowing leads against Oklahoma State. I am confident this year is another loss and we won't have to worry about blowing a lead in this one.

Then again OSU has a tendency to choke a game or 2 every year especially when they are highly ranked.

On the other hand, Huggins goes .500 and he's hailed as a hero......

As he should be.

under Huggins Big 12 / 2012-2013 turmoil from players, 2018-2019 troubled players.
75-60

6–12 8th

9–9 T–6th

11–7 T–3rd

13–5 2nd

12–6 T–2nd

11–7 T–2nd

4–14 10th

9–9 T-3rd

Last edited:
As he should be.

under Huggins Big 12 / 2012-2013 turmoil from players, 2018-2019 troubled players.
75-60

6–12 8th

9–9 T–6th

11–7 T–3rd

13–5 2nd

12–6 T–2nd

11–7 T–2nd

4–14 10th

9–9 T-3rd
Your arithmetic is incorrect. Using your numbers, Huggins is 75-69 in Big 12 play.

Because good enough...is good enough

Hugg's finished competitively in regular season rankings more than once and played for the championship 3 times. You are severely misguided or purposeful in intellectual dishonesty if you think there is a comparison between WVU's basketball competitiveness and its football competitiveness within the Big 12.

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels
Because other coaches in the Big 12 are getting it done!!!

Getting what done exactly? Big 12 has not won a title since 2008. Don't worry Huggins hater. Bob will be retiring at the end of his contract. You can celebrate then.

Huggins was 10000% the best hire for WVU after Beilein left. He brought the fan base together and elevated the program for a while and instituted his philosophy. He has been able to get more for less due to his coaching prowess. I just think that the past few years have took a toll on Huggins. He doesn’t have the same tenacity that he once had at Cincinnati and that he had for the first few years here at WVU. You can say it’s due to health reasons or age or job security, but there has been a noticeable difference. The offensive shooting for WVU has been atrocious for WVU the past few years, and you can blame that on players not practicing or buying fully in, the coaching philosoph/system itself, or misses in recruiting. But none of those should be excuses for years and years of consecutive struggles on shooting the ball.

Either way, I don’t think Huggs comes back after his contract is over and then he will accept a role somewhere in the athletic department because he has been too valuable in fund raising and being a man of the people for the state of WV.

Last edited:
So we're counting all time records and conference tournament.
I don't know what the he!! you're doing, but I just added up your own numbers in my head, and arrived at a 75-69 record. I know that you're old and infirm, but you should still be able to count. This ain't rocket science, Pop. The numbers are what the numbers are, and they translate to a better than .500 record, but not by as much as you posted.

Huggins Big 12

It's better than 69-75. I'll take Huggins until his retirement. The rest of you can go watch mini u and bitch elsewhere.

Big East must have been weaker than Big 12

Huggins was 10000% the best hire for WVU after Beilein left. He brought the fan base together and elevated the program for a while and instituted his philosophy. He has been able to get more for less due to his coaching prowess. I just think that the past few years have took a toll on Huggins. He doesn’t have the same tenacity that he once had at Cincinnati and that he had for the first few years here at WVU. You can say it’s due to health reasons or age or job security, but there has been a noticeable difference. The offensive shooting for WVU has been atrocious for WVU the past few years, and you can blame that on players not practicing or buying fully in, the coaching philosoph/system itself, or misses in recruiting. But none of those should be excuses for years and years of consecutive struggles on shooting the ball.

Either way, I don’t think Huggs comes back after his contract is over and then he will accept a role somewhere in the athletic department because he has been too valuable in fund raising and being a man of the people for the state of WV.

I agree.

20 plus wins a year and only 2 losing seasons. One of those a nightmare. Nobody wants to play team basketball anymore. It's all about the me generation. It killed 2018-19 team. If you want to learn basketball you sign with Huggins. Does that help you go NBA? That's not a college coaches job.

Reactions: Rootmaster
I agree.

20 plus wins a year and only 2 losing seasons. One of those a nightmare. Nobody wants to play team basketball anymore. It's all about the me generation. It killed 2018-19 team. If you want to learn basketball you sign with Huggins. Does that help you go NBA? That's not a college coaches job.

It's not the players, imo. It's the officiating. They won't let you play like they did in the old Big East.

Imo, I do think part of a coaches job is to help his kids get to the next part of their careers....NBA/Euro, whatever (and Huggins tried too).

That's a responsibility for ALL coaches....i coached t-ball this summer and still tried to make sure the kids knew the game enough to move on, if they wanted...and before you ask, yes...i ran them until they puked.

The mother's complained but I ignored those bitches....

It's not the players, imo. It's the officiating. They won't let you play like they did in the old Big East.

Imo, I do think part of a coaches job is to help his kids get to the next part of their careers....NBA/Euro, whatever (and Huggins tried too).

That's a responsibility for ALL coaches....i coached t-ball this summer and still tried to make sure the kids knew the game enough to move on, if they wanted...and before you ask, yes...i ran them until they puked.

The mother's complained but I ignored those bitches....
Lol...so your coaching experience with tee ball aged little kids now makes you an expert on what all coaches are supposed to do? And running 8 year olds until they puke makes you a tough "coach"? Some of those parents should have punched your pompous ass right in the mouth.

Lol...so your coaching experience with tee ball aged little kids now makes you an expert on what all coaches are supposed to do? And running 8 year olds until they puke makes you a tough "coach"? Some of those parents should have punched your pompous ass right in the mouth.

First, yes..it does make me an expert, I think.

Let me correct your facts. They weren't 8. They were 5 - 6, so big difference - idiot.

I can't help it if some kid pukes because he exercised.

No one would punch me because I'm a dominant male and they respected me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT