ADVERTISEMENT

WVU's Next Move: ACC or Big Ten?

I think there's no way the Big Ten adds WVU. And I'm not sure the ACC would but with football constantly become more important and with WVU being a football school, maybe there's a chance.

They say it's all about TV sets and WVU doesn't bring many new TV sets but OTOH WVU does have more of a national name in football than lots of current ACC schools, so in a national or regional TV game, all things being equal WVU is a better TV draw than schools like Pitt or BC or certainly Wake Forest or Duke.

I think the two best possibilities for WVU at this point are the ACC or a conference that is going to be second tier with the UCFs and Houstons, etc, so I'm hoping the ACC pans out. But I'm not holding my breath. I'd say it's 50-50 at best.
Not TV sets and market size any more. It's eyeballs. Streaming will be the new normal. Brand awareness replaces lots of the old marketing metrics.

Reactions: mountaineermaniac34
Not TV sets and market size any more. It's eyeballs. Streaming will be the new normal. Brand awareness replaces lots of the old marketing metrics.
Then as much as folks in Slag Hollow or Homerville might think this is a good thing...it isn't. The good old boy network comes through for WVU or its AAC.

B10 only adds AAU schools. Unfortunately, you guys aren’t one. It is a research association, and all B10 members belong except Nebraska. Neb was a member when they accepted the B10 invitation to join, but got kicked out prior to starting play. Guess who chaired the review committee that recommended that they get kicked out? Wait for it……chancellor of Texas

B10 only adds AAU schools. Unfortunately, you guys aren’t one. It is a research association, and all B10 members belong except Nebraska. Neb was a member when they accepted the B10 invitation to join, but got kicked out prior to starting play. Guess who chaired the review committee that recommended that they get kicked out? Wait for it……chancellor of Texas
I hope you guys are invited to the B1G. Looking forward to the return of Hillbilly Guido week

Reactions: 1duluth1
I hope you guys are invited to the B1G. Looking forward to the return of Hillbilly Guido week
I was quite pleased when you guys joined the B12. I know there was a bit of travel for you guys but your teams have been good, imo. I don’t know where we will end up, but I take it as a positive sign that nobody is talking about us. Our AD keeps things wired tight and rarely has leaks.

Ok.

As someone who lived in Ohio for a over a decade, I can definitively say that a few random fans don’t speak for the university. They have used their B10 status to look down upon WVU for decades and have relished it. They will never give that up over a few t-shirt alumni.

I know some lower/mid level boosters there. Whenever “WVU” and “Big 10” are mentioned in the same sentence, expect laughter to immediately follow. That stance permeates the spaces of import at “The” Ohio State University. Ohio State runs the B10 and only a fool would argue differently.

Acceptance is the most important step in recovery, so repeat after me….

“As long as Ohio State is a member of the Big Ten, WVU will never become a member.“

The next time you question me on this, please refer back to this post and that quote in particular.

The mods can pin this at the top of this board until The End of Days.

It.
Ain’t.
Happening.

Capiche?
As someone who has lived in Ohio, and known several alumni, and fans this is a lie. Ohio State doesn't care about West Virginia. In fact they are one of the few blue bloods who have traveled to play at West Virginia outside of conference play. Michigan looks down on anybody outside of their prestigious academic perch. Nebraska is the only B1G school not currently in the top 100 rankings. West Virginia will not be getting into the B1G because of academics, not some perceived slight from Columbus .

You have an inferiority complex based on your living experience. Trust me, Ohio State doesn't give a crap about impeding West Virginia. Cincinnati yes. It would be a cold day in Iran before you would ever see Ohio State allowed the Bearcats into the B1G.

As a Florida Gator fan I would love to see you guys in the SEC. There is no academic prerequisites to joining this athletic driven league. The B1G makes a lot more money based off their academic grants. What they make off that makes football revenue look like peanuts. That is why the B1G will never take in West Virginia. That is a guarantee. Your best option is the ACC at this point. They let Louisville in despite not being a top 100 academic institution.

I really would like to see you guys in our league, but I'm afraid now that we've let the snakes from Texas in, that will never happen. They will lose their Longhorn network, but now they will have say in who comes in going forward.

• Love
Reactions: KingCoal
Poor guy got unhinged today....made the same post 21 times....
Wrong. I just have you, my little Pinocchio, on a string, and that's why you've responded to each and every one of these posts, which you apparently have counted because you have no life at all. So, let's get your creepy obsession with me started again today: Prove that you're not a broke loser, and subscribe to the Blue Lot or STFU, Bandy Mandy. It's your choice. Now, dance.

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt4Life34
As someone who has lived in Ohio, and known several alumni, and fans this is a lie. Ohio State doesn't care about West Virginia. In fact they are one of the few blue bloods who have traveled to play at West Virginia outside of conference play. Michigan looks down on anybody outside of their prestigious academic perch. Nebraska is the only B1G school not currently in the top 100 rankings. West Virginia will not be getting into the B1G because of academics, not some perceived slight from Columbus .

You have an inferiority complex based on your living experience. Trust me, Ohio State doesn't give a crap about impeding West Virginia. Cincinnati yes. It would be a cold day in Iran before you would ever see Ohio State allowed the Bearcats into the B1G.

As a Florida Gator fan I would love to see you guys in the SEC. There is no academic prerequisites to joining this athletic driven league. The B1G makes a lot more money based off their academic grants. What they make off that makes football revenue look like peanuts. That is why the B1G will never take in West Virginia. That is a guarantee. Your best option is the ACC at this point. They let Louisville in despite not being a top 100 academic institution.

I really would like to see you guys in our league, but I'm afraid now that we've let the snakes from Texas in, that will never happen. They will lose their Longhorn network, but now they will have say in who comes in going forward.
Excellent post above, and I couldn't agree more.

AAU status may be a thing of the past for requirements.

I'm not repeating my TED talk I gave that ignoramus QueenCoal. Just read it. If you don't agree then feel free to not respond.

WVU is definitely more of an SEC program. Texas has no issues with us and actually was a huge ally to get us into the B12 (as I'm sure you already knew). The SEC abandoned their brand when they chose Missouri (TV sets) over WVU (production on the field). I don't think that will change now. It sucks, but it's either the ACC or AAC.

Has Nebraska being no longer a member of the AAU hurt the conference and the other members schools individually?
Not that I think
The difference is that Nebraska lost their AAU status after the process was underway. I bet that if that would have happened a year earlier, Nebraska might have been left out.

The difference is that Nebraska lost their AAU status after the process was underway. I bet that if that would have happened a year earlier, Nebraska might have been left out.
Maybe, but that is not the point, the point is the conference is now seeing having a member that is not AAU designated has no bad effects on the league.

Wrong. I just have you, my little Pinocchio, on a string, and that's why you've responded to each and every one of these posts, which you apparently have counted because you have no life at all. So, let's get your creepy obsession with me started again today: Prove that you're not a broke loser, and subscribe to the Blue Lot or STFU, Bandy Mandy. It's your choice. Now, dance.
Things queen coal can't do.

1. Post as osugrad
2. Post on the Blue Lot under either handle
3. Proves he makes more than me.
4. Apologize to Allen for derailing his thread yet again with the above non-sensical post.
5. Not post the same thing 22 times (How ****ing weird is that)?
6. Stop being an asslcown and twat.
7. Understand I am running this show. I post, he responds.

Last edited:
Reactions: TownesVanZandt

1. Post as osugrad
4. Apologize to Allen for derailing his thread yet again with the above non-sensical post.
7. Understand I am running this show. I post, he responds.
^^^ Marching band moron meltdown above. Prove that you're not a broke loser, and subscribe to the Blue Lot or STFU, Bandy Mandy. It's your choice.

• Haha
Probably the reason for the anger. For some reason she acts like the world has taken a shit in her cereal bowl
You've seen her post right? queenie isn't really that bright.

Putting on velcro tennis shoes is tough for her.

See her last post...she gets confused easily.
Prove that you're not a broke loser, and subscribe to the Blue Lot or STFU, clowns. It's your choice. Perhaps, you two lovebirds can pool your resources?

:joy:

Probably the reason for the anger. For some reason she acts like the world has taken a shit in her cereal bowl
When all your friends are playing sports and you have to eat popcorn in the stands watching them your entire life...I guess that set her off.

Why she is still angry today is anybody's guess.

When all your friends are playing sports and you have to eat popcorn in the stands watching them your entire life...I guess that set her off.

Why she is still angry today is anybody's guess.
Prove that you're not a broke loser, and subscribe to the Blue Lot or STFU, Bandy Mandy. It's your choice.

TVZ...if you have 9 or 10....please feel free to add them.

1. Post as osugrad
7. Understand I am running this show. I post, he responds
8. See his own dick when he pees.

Reactions: TownesVanZandt
TVZ...if you have 9 or 10....please feel free to add them.

1. Post as osugrad
7. Understand I am running this show. I post, he responds
8. See his own dick when he pees.
Prove that you're not a broke loser, and subscribe to the Blue Lot or STFU, Bandy Mandy. It's your choice.

I really shouldn't limit it to just TVZ...everyone knows he is twat.

If ANYONE has a nine or 10....please feel free to add them.

Thanks in advance.

Queenie is one dumb ping pong ball
LMAO....he thinks by posting that same message 100 times he is 'stringing me along,' and 'making me dance.'

Weird that an adult would act that way on a message board but whatever.

He doesn't get everyone who reads it just thinks he is an even bigger twat that what you and I already know he is.

Last edited:

Notre Dame isn't an AAU school and the B10 would admit them in a second.

Queenie is one dumb ping pong ball

LMAO....he thinks by posting that same message 100 times he is 'stringing me along,' and 'making me dance.'

Weird that an adult would act that way on a message board but whatever.

He doesn't get everyone who reads it just thinks he is an even bigger twat that what you and I already know he is.
Prove that you're not a broke loser, and subscribe to the Blue Lot or STFU, clowns. It's your choice. Perhaps, you two lovebirds can pool your resources?

tenor.gif

Game over
Go sit in the corner

• Haha
Reactions: WVUFanForever
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT