ADVERTISEMENT

WVU's Next Move: ACC or Big Ten?

starting early chatting and adding no value. Sad this is the highlight of your day. Off to appointment. Have a good day chasing your tail online. I’ll troll ya around lunchtime when I get a break.
Early chatting? at 9 a.m....sorry....some of us don't sleep the day away like you.

Chasing my own tail? Hardly....you were here within 15 minutes lol.

And you seem very consumed with everything I post on here.....why is that?

It seems like following me around commenting on what I post is the highlight of your day.

So osugrad has turned in elmo now
Does that make MichiganTurd Grover
I was thinking more Bert and Ernie
Greggor seems like a Big Bird
Oscar the Grouch…That is easy. Rootmaster

Who is the Daddy of King Coal?
Have to find out on this Maury Povich show
Nothing screams loser with no life quite like posting about me all Saturday night and Sunday morning, knowing full well that I have a life, and won't be on a message board then. You continue to prove that I own all five brain cells in your meth-rotted head.

Nothing screams loser with no life quite like posting about me all Saturday night and Sunday morning, knowing full well that I have a life, and won't be on a message board then. You continue to prove that I own all five brain cells in your meth-rotted head.
Nothing screams loser like keeping track of WHEN people post like you do.

I will help you out...time of this post....2:50 p.m.

Nothing screams loser like keeping track of WHEN people post like you do.

I will help you out...time of this post....2:50 p.m.
So says the loser who herself begs for attention on a message board at midnight on a Saturday night because she has no life. Hope you and TrollVanZandt enjoyed your nightly pillow talk. I own you so much that your pathetic a$$ is now responding to my posts to TrollVanZandt.

:joy:

So says the loser who herself begs for attention on a message board at midnight on a Saturday night because she has no life. Hope you and TrollVanZandt enjoyed your nightly pillow talk. I own you so much that your pathetic a$$ is now responding to my posts to TrollVanZandt.

:joy:
This post was made at 3:22 p.m.

Dont say I never helped you queenie....

In humble opinion, only viable next home for WVU is a new conference formed from cast offs and ambitious programs.

I do not see the ACC or Big10 suddenly wanting WVU because WVU is desperate

Reactions: Rootmaster
In humble opinion, only viable next home for WVU is a new conference formed from cast offs and ambitious programs.

I do not see the ACC or Big10 suddenly wanting WVU because WVU is desperate
I've thought that since day one...

WVU will land in some hybrid conference of left over Big XII and top line AAC schools.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Not all the way true
The ACC has limited options.
They won’t be able to leave for the B1G but if ESPN wants to work something out they can pull the plug.
GOR is tied in with the ACC Network. No ACC Network No GOR. ESPN controls the ACC Network
The GoR is actually between the conference and the schools. The ACC has each member school's media rights for every home game through 2036. That is regardless of who the media partner is. Killing the ACCN, which is a separate contract, would not invalidate the GoR. Only a judge could do that, and at this point it doesn't look like OK or UT is ready to try it.

The GoR is actually between the conference and the schools. The ACC has each member school's media rights for every home game through 2036. That is regardless of who the media partner is. Killing the ACCN, which is a separate contract, would not invalidate the GoR. Only a judge could do that, and at this point it doesn't look like OK or UT is ready to try it.
Talking about two different things here.
The GOR for the Big 12 isn’t the same as the one for the ACC

What are you guys going to say if WVU lands on its feet? Do you think the Big 12 took WVU because they felt sorry for them? And the school's value has only increased since then.

Talking about two different things here.
The GOR for the Big 12 isn’t the same as the one for the ACC

When none of us know what is going on behind closed doors not involving politicians, why do so many assume it is a given fact that WVU has no value and will be thrown under the bus? The ACC GoR is still between the schools and the conference. Period. Look it up, I did.

People tell themselves things that may not be true to feel better about their position

We will find out what happens

Most important thing as of right now is understanding the direction college sports is heading
Then making the changes needed to put WVU in a better position
Pretty simple

People tell themselves things that may not be true to feel better about their position

We will find out what happens

Most important thing as of right now is understanding the direction college sports is heading
Then making the changes needed to put WVU in a better position
Pretty simple

I think we're in good hands. I know bad things can and do happen all the time, but so do good things. Whatever happens they are still my Mountaineers.

What are you guys going to say if WVU lands on its feet? Do you think the Big 12 took WVU because they felt sorry for them? And the school's value has only increased since then.

When none of us know what is going on behind closed doors not involving politicians, why do so many assume it is a given fact that WVU has no value and will be thrown under the bus? The ACC GoR is still between the schools and the conference. Period. Look it up, I did.

The Big 12 in 2012, while having OU and Texas, was legitimately fighting for its life. They were frankly desperate. Currently we are talking about voluntary expansion in response to the SEC consolidation of power. That alters the equation from the last time WVU was considered. Big 10 has no need to make a rash move and doesn't benefit unless it makes a big move like the SEC did. I doubt a big move by the Big 10 to compete with UT and Oklahoma joining the SEC will involve WVU. PAC 12 is just a geographical non starter.

That leaves the ACC if WVU does not remain with the Big 12 leftovers. The ACC likely won't be as desperate as the Big 12 was in 2012 unless they lose a couple of teams. So as of now the ACC doesn't have to make a move at all and can carefully weigh the value of WVU, if adding WVU helps insulate the conference from complete destruction should the ACC's top get poached, and/or if adding WVU is a good move to cut the knees out of the Big 12's attempt to survive as a possible competitor conference.

I'm not saying WVU doesn't survive at least this round of conference consolidation, but I am saying that there is not a really desperate suitor out there like the last time which hurts our chances.

The Big 12 in 2012, while having OU and Texas, was legitimately fighting for its life. They were frankly desperate. Currently we are talking about voluntary expansion in response to the SEC consolidation of power. That alters the equation from the last time WVU was considered. Big 10 has no need to make a rash move and doesn't benefit unless it makes a big move like the SEC did. I doubt a big move by the Big 10 to compete with UT and Oklahoma joining the SEC will involve WVU. PAC 12 is just a geographical non starter.

That leaves the ACC if WVU does not remain with the Big 12 leftovers. The ACC likely won't be as desperate as the Big 12 was in 2012 unless they lose a couple of teams. So as of now the ACC doesn't have to make a move at all and can carefully weigh the value of WVU, if adding WVU helps insulate the conference from complete destruction should the ACC's top get poached, and/or if adding WVU is a good move to cut the knees out of the Big 12's attempt to survive as a possible competitor conference.

I'm not saying WVU doesn't survive at least this round of conference consolidation, but I am saying that there is not a really desperate suitor out there like the last time which hurts our chances.
The Big 12 was far from desperate when the anti-UT schools left, they still had UT and OK. They could have stocked up on Big East leftovers like the ACC did without consideration of whether they could carry their own weight. That much is obvious. Otherwise the Big 12 would have taken WVU AND Louisville along with another Southwest school to reach 12. Possibly BYU.

If taking WVU saved the Big 12 Conference the Mountaineers have even more value than I can see. Because of the GoRs it's very possible nothing else will happen until they expire. UT and OK have probably known they were going to the SEC for up to a year. A conference does not extend an invitation until they know it will be accepted. They don't even vote on asking a school informally if it would accept one until they have had a show of hands behind closed doors. There are no surprises.

There is a very good chance UT and OK will be with the Big 12 a couple of more years however uncomfortable it may be. A GoR has never been overcome, no one has even tried. A millionaire could more easily defeat a prenup. Neither of us can possibly know what is going to happen even next week, but we certainly are on opposite ends of the spectrum aren't we? If we ever meet, the first round is on me as long as you cheer for WVU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT