ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU vs. Oklahoma

Howard just throws the ball up in the air and hopes someone catches it....even if it is the other team......

You can tell by Dana and Orlosky's reaction that Skylar screwed up on that fumble.

Honestly ... the score in this game could easily be 21-14 at this point ... but this is a "perfect storm" kind of game.

The play before the fumble....Howard should have kept it cause the DE crashed down and he would have walked in the endzone. Instead, he wimped out and gave it to the RB for no gain.

This game is all mental. The Mountaineers were not prepared mentally and are paying the price. It's up to the HC to prepare his team ...........both on fundamentals and mental side of the game.Turn out the lights on your way out. Warez

OK, anyone else want to question our preparation and execution????

No .... I don't question that. I'll tell you what I think happened. I think that OU knew exactly what they were doing when the went out to midfield and stomped on the WV .... they knew our guys were going to be very fired up and they knew they could probably push them over the edge emotionally before the game even started.

I think they knew exactly what they were doing and it worked.

Well .... their ain't gonna be many folks in the stands in the 2nd half. Will these guys come and start playing smart .... or will they quit?

The Mountaineers will regroup in the 2nd half and make a game of this debacle. In spite of the lack of coaching. The passing game is yet to make a move. They will. 2nd half will be a different story. Warez

We have literally made ZERO adjustments on the defensive side of the ball.....they are going to pound the ball, so we don't load the box????? Force Mayfield to throw the ball. Hell, he may do something stupid. Our QB sure as hell does that......

1) I never believed that we were a playoff caliber team.
2) But I would have never predicted a 35-0 OU blowout in the first half.

1) I never believed that we were a playoff caliber team.
2) But I would have never predicted a 35-0 OU blowout in the first half.

When this type of game is too big for your QB......then the score is going to be like this. I knew we were in for it when it was 14-0 and the crowd had a few boos and Howard makes a gesture to the crowd......tells me all I need to know......

I am sensing that the game is over right now.............at halftime. I do not think WV can overcome the 1st half beatdown by the Sooners. WV seemed to forget that they had a game to play..............and their forgetfulness started on the WV logo prior to the game.

I can't ever remember a Mountaineer team giving up in the first half. We've been blown out before but I don't remember a team quitting before halftime.

Mountaineer 28-21? Come on man. I agree Ou has benefited from turnovers but Ou is doing their job taking care of ball. Atleast give Ou a little credit lol

Mountaineer 28-21? Come on man. I agree Ou has benefited from turnovers but Ou is doing their job taking care of ball. Atleast give Ou a little credit lol

I happen to agree that the score could have been 28-21 at halftime. After all, WV did turn it over inside the OK 5 yard line 2 times. 2 times!

Let's see......RB fumbles on the 3 yard line.......QB fumbles on the 3 yard line......and we muffed the punt on first series. I would not be over assuming that we would be able to move the ball if we had not muffed that punt. So, you guys scored as a result of the misplayed punt (takes that possession/score away), and give us one extra possession.

So....yeah.....28-21.......

Are those guaranteed 2 TDs? Nope. Like I said hopefully Ou gets a little credit for taking care of the ball

Don't think we have a real shot at this but don't forget, .......... They still have Coach Stoops roaming the sideline.

Our WR's can't catch tonight.......White with another drop.....Gibson didn't fight for that one either.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT