ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD WVU vs. Oklahoma State

Mr. Mediocre strikes again. You can always count on the Offensive Genius' teams to go down the crapper late in the season because they don't get better as the season progresses. That's a true sign of bad coaching.

Jesus....could Sills gotten held anymore on that last play....ridiculous
I told my brother in the 3rd quarter, Big 12 does NOT want WVU to possibly play in the playoff, so Green wasn't getting called for anything all game long. It was disgusting.

OU will kills with 850 yards next week. Looks like they get their OU vs Texas Big 12 title game now.

I told my brother in the 3rd quarter, Big 12 does NOT want WVU to possibly play in the playoff, so Green wasn't getting called for anything all game long. It was disgusting.

Doesn't help when the play calling is in the shitter.

Year after year Dana can't hold onto the leads in the big games. The offense gets conservative and chokes up. Combine with the soft defense.

No excuse we've been beaten by them so many years in a row. NONE!

Had nothing to do with officiating. Had everything to do with screen left, screen right, draw play up the middle.....punt.

Reactions: RAK
Shouldn't have even been in that situation. BLEW A 17 POINT LEAD IN THE 2ND HALF.

Exactly. Against one of the WORST defenses in the Big 12. And we couldn't move the ball because we wanted to swing the ball along the line of scrimmage and run up the gut. Guess we thought that the OK State defensive coaches wouldn't make adjustments after that 1st half. [eyeroll]

Life as a mountaineer fan. 17 pt halftime lead. Running game going. Defense made some good plays. And we collapse in the second half. Conference title implications and an outside shot, as unlikely as it is, of a playoff spot. We shit ourselves as usual. Quit watching in the 4th when osu converted a ****in 3rd and 20. 3rd and 20. 10 point lead in the 4th and you have a team 3rd and 20 and you give up a 25 yard reception with a 3 man rush. We are not meant to compete for any type of championship.

Reactions: locustwv
Not really that upset over it Beat f'n Oklahoma.
are you ****ing kidding me? We're losing by 30 to OK. THis team had everything to play for and completely shit the bed. The season is over. This team will not recover from this loss. Ass kicking by OK and then whoever we play in the bowl. Hang up it up and wait for good news from the baseball, bc football and basketball are done.

Life as a mountaineer fan. 17 pt halftime lead. Running game going. Defense made some good plays. And we collapse in the second half. Conference title implications and an outside shot, as unlikely as it is, of a playoff spot. We shit ourselves as usual. Quit watching in the 4th when osu converted a ****in 3rd and 20. 3rd and 20. 10 point lead in the 4th and you have a team 3rd and 20 and you give up a 25 yard reception with a 3 man rush. We are not meant to compete for any type of championship.

And that's OK with many "fans" here. Sad.

Did you expect anything else at halftime? Hell, we have Mr. Mediocre in charge. You had to know he would screw it up sometime. He's like a timebomb. You just wait for it blow up in our face.

are you ****ing kidding me? We're losing by 30 to OK. THis team had everything to play for and completely shit the bed. The season is over. This team will not recover from this loss. Ass kicking by OK and then whoever we play in the bowl. Hang up it up and wait for good news from the baseball, bc football and basketball are done.

Not in front of the home crowd

Reactions: vietvet1
There you go my friends. Two and out. We're in the Friday Night Lights next week against Oklahoma. Now we are talking three and out. What bowl game do you fellers have your eye on now? Today's game made me sick. The writing was on the wall in the second half. Let's be conservative on offense and play a little defense and the games over. You wrong for that! I also can't get over how the refs let OK State manhandle our wide receivers! Warez

I wish I shared your optimism. I see a completely deflated team losing the toss and watching Kyler Murray absolutely shit pump the D on the first series and the team laying down. Much like every other team as since DH has been here.

I wish I shared your optimism. I see a completely deflated team losing the toss and watching Kyler Murray absolutely shit pump the D on the first series and the team laying down. Much like every other team as since DH has been here.

Only chance this team "shows up" is if Texas beats Iowa State tonight. If Iowa State wins, then everyone knows we will not be in Big 12 Championship game no matter what. They will lay down, like they get from their "leader".

What bowl game?

It's like every year with Mr.Mediocre, we're going to the Toilet Bowl. He's taking a good year and sending it down the crapper.

Reactions: RAK
Doesn't help when the play calling is in the shitter.

Year after year Dana can't hold onto the leads in the big games. The offense gets conservative and chokes up. Combine with the soft defense.

No excuse we've been beaten by them so many years in a row. NONE!

Several of those were RPOs, and on Will.

Bottom line....conservative play calling in the 2nd half cost WVU. Needed to match their offensive power in the 2nd half...remember OKST has the 9th rated O in CFB...but the 95th on D...

With our D being on the field 80% of the time in the 2nd half they were gassed. They were not getting any help with multiple 3 and outs by the O with all the runs up the middle and little 1-2 yd swing out passes for minimal to no gain. That being said O Line did not perform well at all either.

He got held the ENTIRE play!!!
That’s amazing and I expect nothing less when playing in the states of Ok and Tx. It happens way too often in this conference. If the refs don’t call it the wr’s have to push off, as sills did with a no call.

Home crowd? Hmmm......let's see....

1. Thanksgiving Break, students gone
2. Loss tonight + Iowa State win = nothing to play for
3. How many times have we beaten OU in the Big 12? Oh.....yeah....
#2 is wrong if WVU wins Friday. But WVU will not win Friday.

Explain to me the tiebreaker then? Because OU beat Iowa State, Iowa State beat us, and if we win we would have beaten OU.
You'd have to talk to the guys on the radio broadcast. They are the ones that said it. Didn't get into all the reasons though because they said it was too complicated to explain.

Home crowd? Hmmm......let's see....

1. Thanksgiving Break, students gone
2. Loss tonight + Iowa State win = nothing to play for
3. How many times have we beaten OU in the Big 12? Oh.....yeah....

Really have to disagree with number 2. We have a spot in the Big XII championship to play for. Win and we still get a shot at the conference crown which is the goal at the start of every season. Overall playoff is secondary. I don't care if a big XII team doesn't make the playoff if WVU wins.

Baffling the timeout wasn’t called after Grier ran for like 5 yards on the first play of last drive.

Exactly. He did the same thing in the Texas game and was bailed out by a remarkable throw/catch for the TD. Poor clock management is something he's struggled with since the beginning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT