ADVERTISEMENT

WVU to the Final Four

MichiganHerd

All-American
Aug 17, 2011
I think they shock some of you, and make it to the Final Four, but only if they end up in the same bracket of #1 seeds Kansas or Gonzaga. (WVU likely won't get seeded in the same bracket as KU) I believe UCLA or Villanova would be bad matchups for WVU. Otherwise, smooth sailing to the final four.

You heard it here first, not counting the dude that types in Capital Red...or paper for that matter.

WVU will not make Final 4. They are usually seeded in Kentucky bracket along with Duke. Grayson Allen would love to trip up WVU along the path to final 4.

Our defensive intensity would drive Allen to multiple technical fouls and possibly a felony assault before halftime. Kid has anger issues and can't keep his shit together.

Reactions: countryroads89
Our defensive intensity would drive Allen to multiple technical fouls and possibly a felony assault before halftime. Kid has anger issues and can't keep his shit together.

that being said, I'd absolutely love another shot at Duke.

WV may get into the Sweet Sixteen but I cannot guarantee it. I can guarantee that WV will not be the NC.

I think they shock some of you, and make it to the Final Four, but only if they end up in the same bracket of #1 seeds Kansas or Gonzaga. (WVU likely won't get seeded in the same bracket as KU) I believe UCLA or Villanova would be bad matchups for WVU. Otherwise, smooth sailing to the final four.

You heard it here first, not counting the dude that types in Capital Red...or paper for that matter.

Agree. I like WVU against Zaga. No way the Big12 #1 and #2 end up playing each other before Final Four. WVU just needs to be a 2 or 3 seed and I see Final Four as well. If they fall to a 4 seed then they get screwed again.

WV may get into the Sweet Sixteen but I cannot guarantee it. I can guarantee that WV will not be the NC.
Neither you nor anyone else can guarantee ANYTHING negative or positive in this maddest of March Madnesses. I'm sticking with Kansas, Baylor, WVU and Iowa State as all having a realistic shot at the Final Four since they can't play each other till then under the latest brackets release by the committee.

Agree. I like WVU against Zaga. No way the Big12 #1 and #2 end up playing each other before Final Four. WVU just needs to be a 2 or 3 seed and I see Final Four as well. If they fall to a 4 seed then they get screwed again.

Not true at all. All it does is increase our likelihood of playing a 1 seed before the Final Four.

If we're truly FF worthy we won't choke in the first round again, will handle either a top 20ish team or a 12 seed in round 2, beat a 1 seed in the Sweet 16, and not have a letdown vs whoever is left to beat in the Elite 8.

Iowa State plays 6 guys and has no big men.....

They won't make it out of weekend 1
In this wacky season, negative posts about ANY team are more likely to be true. But Iowa State IS one of the 4 best teams in the Big 12, the #1 conference in America this season (ACC is down from its usual perch at the top; 2 ACC and 3 Big 12 teams in top 11).

Neither you nor anyone else can guarantee ANYTHING negative or positive in this maddest of March Madnesses. I'm sticking with Kansas, Baylor, WVU and Iowa State as all having a realistic shot at the Final Four since they can't play each other till then under the latest brackets release by the committee.[/QUOTE

You gonna guarantee this? Warez

The Big12 is not nearly the best conference

Not first in RPI
Not first in percentage of teams in the Dance
Not first in number of teams in the top 10 or top 25

Case in point, a potential Bubble team TTU getting owned by a 10 win Ut team last night

The Pac12 has 3 teams in the top 7.... since top 11 is so impressive

But you know me and facts..... pesky against the "I seent it" folks... but for the life of me, I don't know someone who prides himself so much on having a wise opinion would ignore all the actual information

Last edited:

Not first in RPI

Case in point, a potential Bubble team TTU getting owned by a 10 win Ut team last night

But you know me and facts..... pesky against the "I seent it" folks... but for the life of me, I don't know someone who prides himself so much on having a wise opinion would ignore all the actual information
Another interesting fact is the Pac12 may only get the 3 teams in. USC is on the bubble. When you have a league with 3 really good teams, a couple of average teams and 7 shitty teams, you can generate a lot of wins. So those teams playing in another power 5 conference would have 1 to 3 more losses (likely) and all would not be ranked in the top 7 and perhaps the top 11.

I'm sure NCAA tourney officials will protect Allen by calling a foul on any WVU player who gets within a foot of him.

Another interesting fact is the Pac12 may only get the 3 teams in. USC is on the bubble. When you have a league with 3 really good teams, a couple of average teams and 7 shitty teams, you can generate a lot of wins. So those teams playing in another power 5 conference would have 1 to 3 more losses (likely) and all would not be ranked in the top 7 and perhaps the top 11.
I'll give you a tip. It might not hurt you to take UCLA to go all the way in your brackets, assuming you even know what I'm talking about. I'm guessing you've not seen any of the three teams play this year.

I'll give you a tip. It might not hurt you to take UCLA to go all the way in your brackets, assuming you even know what I'm talking about. I'm guessing you've not seen any of the three teams play this year.
I may but that does not take away from the fact that outside those three, the rest of the league is a rancid crap fest. So only 4 (only UCLA played 4) out 18 games max are against above average teams. The big three are 42-2 against the rest of the PAC12. That was my point.

Last edited:
Well, bottom line, I guess it's okay to be concerned about teams from the conference you like, but I've never given two shitz about the rest of them. Just hope my own team does well. I still think the sea will part, and WVU will make it to the final four.

Not first in RPI

We'll see. Then you can brag and hit on me like a drunken sailor , huh?

I'm sticking by my statement that, THIS SEASON, the Big 12 is the #1 conference. You're quoting ancient history. I'm talking THIS season.

Kansas, Baylor, West Virginia and Iowa State would finish in the top half of EVERY conference in America this year.

I will give you a tip with regard to the game with Texas. It will go almost down to the wire with the Mountaineers winning by 10 points. Carter will play a major role...........as will a yet to be named player.

Last edited:
We'll see. Then you can brag and hit on me like a drunken sailor , huh?

I'm sticking by my statement that, THIS SEASON, the Big 12 is the #1 conference. You're quoting ancient history. I'm talking THIS season.

Kansas, Baylor, West Virginia and Iowa State would finish in the top half of EVERY conference in America this year.

I quoted facts from THIS season

You're deflecting to save some face. It isn't working

RPI ACC, B12, BE
Sagarin B12, ACC, BE
BPI B12, ACC, BE
Head to Head
6-1 verses ACC, 2-0 verses BE.

The computers and the on court results suggest the B12 is #1 ACC #2 and BE #3.

Kansas, our league champ, going down to TCU shows the B12 isn't the ACC or the Big East this year...

OOC RPI - ACC wins
Top 25 - ACC wins
Percent of league in the Dance - Big East wins

I mean... the Big10 has as many top 25 teams as the Big12 does right now..... and the B10 is awful this season....

Last edited:
Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Not true at all. All it does is increase our likelihood of playing a 1 seed before the Final Four.

If we're truly FF worthy we won't choke in the first round again, will handle either a top 20ish team or a 12 seed in round 2, beat a 1 seed in the Sweet 16, and not have a letdown vs whoever is left to beat in the Elite 8.

Yes very true. Your post is way off!

Kansas, our league champ, going down to TCU shows the B12 isn't the ACC or the Big East this year...

OOC RPI - ACC wins
Top 25 - ACC wins
Percent of league in the Dance - Big East wins

I mean... the Big10 has as many top 25 teams as the Big12 does right now..... and the B10 is awful this season....
Head to Head B12 wins
BPI B12 wins
Sagarin B12 wins
The 8th best team in B12 is better than the 8th best team in either league.

The BIG 12 is the better league and proved it on the court.

WVU is going to have to work very hard to advance to the final four.

Struggled a bit tonight but they've had many nights where they played excellent against great foes.

WVU will not make Final 4. They are usually seeded in Kentucky bracket along with Duke. Grayson Allen would love to trip up WVU along the path to final 4.

Yep. We always play in the UK/Duke side of the bracket

Head to Head B12 wins
BPI B12 wins
Sagarin B12 wins
The 8th best team in B12 is better than the 8th best team in either league.

Head to heads are moments of singularity that offer no trend over time. They measure who was better that day.... that's it

BPI is a joke stat that ESPN made up for click bait

ACC semis right now - 1,2,3,5

B12 semis right now - 2,4,6,8

Great Leagues with elite top tiers go chalk in their Tournaments

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Head to heads are moments of singularity that offer no trend over time. They measure who was better that day.... that's it

BPI is a joke stat that ESPN made up for click bait

ACC semis right now - 1,2,3,5

B12 semis right now - 2,4,6,8

Great Leagues with elite top tiers go chalk in their Tournaments
Leagues with great depth have upsets. Your are entitled to your opinions but please stop referring to your opinions as absolute facts. You have that tendency.

I quoted facts from THIS season

You're deflecting to save some face. It isn't working
In your mind. Big 12 is #1 conference in America this season. Experts all over the country agree with me. I'm in good company. You're with Dickie V. I like my company better than yours.

Meanwhile, we'll both be busy watching the 10 pit bulls on defense trying to rattle Kansas State. And then the title game. And then March Madness.

I love this team and the mad scientist on the stool. Or do you have fault with him, too. After all, he also is a senior citizen, one of your favorite targets.

Have a nice day, sonny.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT