ADVERTISEMENT

WVU needs to move to the SEC

The South lost.

Virginia lost. There was no reason for a British style aristocracy to be set up in the United States.

Overall the United States lost because the federal government became more powerful than the States.
It has continued to get worse.
Democracy is a lie and a fraud when Yankees tell people across the country that states do not have the right to determine their own laws.

If NY wants to let fags get married that is their own right but don't force gay marriage on Texas.

Some people believe the narrative out of Boston.

What happened to WV after the Civil War.
People from the North came and started to dig the coal out of the ground and enslaved the population.
Y'all were forced to live in company towns.
You did get paid but the coal companies owned everything so you could never get ahead.
The people who exploited their people the best became foremen.

Reactions: CAJUNEER
Virginia lost. There was no reason for a British style aristocracy to be set up in the United States.

Overall the United States lost because the federal government became more powerful than the States.
It has continued to get worse.
Democracy is a lie and a fraud when Yankees tell people across the country that states do not have the right to determine their own laws.

If NY wants to let fags get married that is their own right but don't force gay marriage on Texas.

No, the South lost. The confederates lost. They committed treason. They took up arms against the United States. The South lost. It’s amazing, that was 150 some years ago and you are still butt hurt over it.

Reactions: Wildcat414
No, the South lost. The confederates lost. They committed treason. They took up arms against the United States. The South lost. It’s amazing, that was 150 some years ago and you are still butt hurt over it.

What if the South were the ones representing the United States.

There were multiple reasons for the Civil War but for the most part nullification was the main reason why states like South Carolina left.

The idea of feudalism in the South was ridiculous. This country didn't want or need Lords of the plantation. The Civil War didn't get rid of the aristocracy in the South it just weaken Virgina's power on the United States.

Virginia was fighting New England even before the American War for Independence.

Nullification was defeated. States are now forced to take a backseat to Washington DC.
This is a problem in all states.
Even states like California fight the federal government and this Northeast idea that their beliefs should be forced on the entire country.

You seem to be a person interested in historical truth. Upthread somewhere I saw someone-- I won't go look to see who it was-- posted that the Missouri Tigers mascot originated as a group of pro-Confederate "home guard" or militia fighting on the side of the South. This is patently false and falsifiable.

Here, in an article from The Missourian, the MU student newspaper, you'll find that the Tigers in question were actually a pro-Union group in that war:
https://www.columbiamissourian.com/...cle_83ef1c37-190b-57b0-a721-79ea187a4fcf.html

Furthermore, Missouri was a Union state, not Confederate. Its loyalties, like those of the southern states which rebelled, were divided. Every southern state had units represented in the Union army; in fact more than 100,000 loyal southerners went north and fought for the stars and stripes.

Reactions: countryroads89
You seem to be a person interested in historical truth. Upthread somewhere I saw someone-- I won't go look to see who it was-- posted that the Missouri Tigers mascot originated as a group of pro-Confederate "home guard" or militia fighting on the side of the South. This is patently false and falsifiable.

Here, in an article from The Missourian, the MU student newspaper, you'll find that the Tigers in question were actually a pro-Union group in that war:
https://www.columbiamissourian.com/...cle_83ef1c37-190b-57b0-a721-79ea187a4fcf.html

Furthermore, Missouri was a Union state, not Confederate. Its loyalties, like those of the southern states which rebelled, were divided. Every southern state had units represented in the Union army; in fact more than 100,000 loyal southerners went north and fought for the stars and stripes.

Agree. I don’t waste my breath on some of these folks on this board trying to correct their misunderstanding of history. I save that for the Off Topic Discussion board.

Agree. I don’t waste my breath on some of these folks on this board trying to correct their misunderstanding of history. I save that for the Off Topic Discussion board.

You can't correct anyone's understanding of history because it is their own history.

Civil War History is important in the SEC because CFB has become its way to change history.

Clay Travis wrote this because he is a SEC mouthpiece.
Read the article.
He wanted to put to rest any rumors about WV in the SEC for 2011

Let it go loser. WVU is a legit athletic program that could handle the week to week rigor of the SEC. Texass needs to beat Maryland before they take the training wheels off.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Let it go loser. WVU is a legit athletic program that could handle the week to week rigor of the SEC. Texass needs to beat Maryland before they take the training wheels off.

Haven't you heard? TEXAS IS BACK!

WV can't even handle the Big XII
They have yet to win a conference championship in any of the five major sports

Conference titles by schoolEdit
Titles as of May 2018.[77]

• Baylor – 73
  • Iowa State – 20
  • Kansas – 36
  • Kansas State – 15
  • Oklahoma – 74
  • Oklahoma State – 70
  • TCU – 9
  • Texas – 165
  • Texas Tech – 21
  • West Virginia – 10

When will Texas become a winner again? They can't even pick a coach. But don't worry Big 12 officiating will cure the Texas boys with some home cooking.

What is a winner?
In terms of what is considered success in Austin
The question for you to answer is when will WV become a winner

Wvu has handled its own dummy. Not sure if you’re a Texas fan or butt hurt in general just with life. Whatever it is, wvu is fine. Tx in hoops and the pigskin sucks, unless you get that big 12 home cookin, that ass is toast.

WV can't even handle the Big XII
They have yet to win a conference championship in any of the five major sports

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT