ADVERTISEMENT

WVU needs to move to the SEC

Tha big 12 saved us when things looked bleak. So I’m loyal. That being said I’d love to see us play more regional games. I always thought we belonged in acc or big 10. But I’m happy in big 12, they’ve been good to us.

Reactions: Bronco-eer
I agree Missouri needs to get back home in Big 12 they fit geographic wise and have tradition rivalry in Big 12.

The SEC needs to trade Missouri for you. Are you satisfied in the Big 12 or would you like to see the switch too?

Can I go with D) Things only a West Virginia fan would say.

Not a geographical fit. WV touches one SEC state in KY
Missouri touches three in KY, TN and Arkansas.

If not for Misery crying because Big 10 turned them down. WVU would be SEC.

If not for UNC, Duke and UVA. WVU would be in ACC.

One more known factor. If Texas had not been an ASS HAT the Big 12 would have stayed the way it was.

If not for Misery crying because Big 10 turned them down. WVU would be SEC.

If not for UNC, Duke and UVA. WVU would be in ACC.

One more known factor. If Texas had not been an ASS HAT the Big 12 would have stayed the way it was.

??????
Missouri turned down the B1G invite based on the conditions of 3 years of loss revenue and buying into the B1G network.
The B1G is actually a big ponzi scheme that Nebraska, Maryland and Rutgers bought into.

Only conference that WV would be apart of is the AAC if it wasn't for the Big XII.

Colorado would have left anyway so Texas didn't have anything to do with CU leaving.

??????
Missouri turned down the B1G invite based on the conditions of 3 years of loss revenue and buying into the B1G network.
The B1G is actually a big ponzi scheme that Nebraska, Maryland and Rutgers bought into.

Only conference that WV would be apart of is the AAC if it wasn't for the Big XII.

Colorado would have left anyway so Texas didn't have anything to do with CU leaving.

I think you're wrong here. When Maryland announced they were leaving for the B1G 10 The ACC approached WVU about a week after WVU signed the contract to the Big XII. For what it's worth one of my old clients is a huge 7-8 figure Florida Booster. Per his words WVU had the votes for the SEC until CBS/ESPN told ex commish Mike Slive to take Mizzou due to the STL and KC markets. This whole game of musical conferences is all about the population and number of TV sets added to their conf. network.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
I think you're wrong here. When Maryland announced they were leaving for the B1G 10 The ACC approached WVU about a week after WVU signed the contract to the Big XII. For what it's worth one of my old clients is a huge 7-8 figure Florida Booster. Per his words WVU had the votes for the SEC until CBS/ESPN told ex commish Mike Slive to take Mizzou due to the STL and KC markets. This whole game of musical conferences is all about the population and number of TV sets added to their conf. network.

Totally wrong about ACC. If the Big XII would have taken Louisville the ACC would have made a move on UCONN.
This is why Oliver Luck used his connections to get WVU into the Big XII.

WV was not the next option in any conference. You can attempt to justify your reasoning but the actual facts prove otherwise.
Why Missouri is in the SEC has a lot to do with who their donors are. The Tyson's and Walton's who are also huge donors to Arkansas.
Missouri made sense to the SEC not because of CBS/ESPN but because the other options for the SEC were NC State or Va Tech.
The SEC wasn't ready to destabilize the ACC yet.

Borders states...yes...close to schools...nope
Knoxville to Columbia, MO - 608 miles
Knoxville to Morgantown, WV - 421 miles (significantly closer)

Lexington to Columbia, MO - 460 miles
Lexington to Morgantown, WV - 330 miles (somewhat closer)

Arkansas distance to Columbia and Morgantown is irrelevant, since Missouri was (and WVU would have been) placed in the SEC East.

WVU is closer to the SEC schools in states states that border Missouri, than MIZZOU.

??????

Keep lying to yourself and maybe you'll believe it.

Borders states...yes...close to schools...nope
Knoxville to Columbia, MO - 608 miles
Knoxville to Morgantown, WV - 421 miles (significantly closer)

Lexington to Columbia, MO - 460 miles
Lexington to Morgantown, WV - 330 miles (somewhat closer)

Arkansas distance to Columbia and Morgantown is irrelevant, since Missouri was (and WVU would have been) placed in the SEC East.

WVU is closer to the SEC schools in states states that border Missouri, than MIZZOU.

The entire fan base of a school doesn't reside in one city.
Meaning that Missouri is a river jump from KY and TN.
The geographical center of the SEC is somewhere around Western TN.
The distance from Memphis to Missouri could be covered in a couple of hours.

Big XII is Texas/OU and the eight ugly step children

All the step children tried to catch a life raft but only 4 schools could because they were the better looking and more well behaved step children

Totally wrong about ACC. If the Big XII would have taken Louisville the ACC would have made a move on UCONN.

WV was not the next option in any conference. You can attempt to justify your reasoning but the actual facts prove otherwise.
Why Missouri is in the SEC has a lot to do with who their donors are. The Tyson's and Walton's who are also huge donors to Arkansas.
Missouri made sense to the SEC not because of CBS/ESPN but because the other options for the SEC were NC State or Va Tech.

UConn?

LMAO!

You overplayed your hand.

You are a f’ucking idiot. We have some posters who are connected.

Did you forget Ollie was Executive Vice President for Regulatory Affairs for the NCAA?

You’re wrong. BC did not want UConn in. The ACC wanted a football school which UConn will never be.

We’d struggle to compete at the top of the SEC in football. I like Big 12 basketball better.

I’d love to see 10 team regional conferences. Syracuse, BC, Rutgers, PSU, Pitt, UMD, UVA, VT, WVU, and UKy, or UofL would be OK for us.

UConn?

LMAO!

You overplayed your hand.

You are a f’ucking idiot. We have some posters who are connected.

Did you forget Ollie was Executive Vice President for Regulatory Affairs for the NCAA?

Connected to who?

Just because someone creates a rumor on the internet doesn't make it true.
Just as long as UVA and UNC are the major powers behind the ACC WVU will not ever be in the conference.
They will take UCONN over you.
UCONN could be the 16th member if ND agress to join the ACC in Football.
Who will never be the 16th member is WVU?

Don't want to be a burden of bad news but the ACC is actually making a major push for Texas.
If ND does not agree to join there could be a chance both Texas and OU join the ACC in 2024 to give their ACC Network substance and programing.

You’re wrong. BC did not want UConn in. The ACC wanted a football school which UConn will never be.

West Virginia is a small state. That is their biggest weakness.
People outside the borders don't pay attention to WV football or basketball.

Unless WV adds 2 million people their biggest university could be the next UCONN when the musical chairs stop.

Big XII unlikely to fold in the future as the incentive to add mouths based on market size is fading with cord cutting. The concept of bundling conference networks into cable packages is going away. So why would another major conference shift happen again especially now that they’re all bloated after the last round?

If it does there is still enough meat on the bone with the probable leftovers + top AAC programs to be a decent conference, certainly better than the old 8 team Big East which kept its “BCS” status all of those years.

Unless WV adds 2 million people their biggest university could be the next UCONN when the musical chairs stop.

Wrong again. WVU is #17 is college merchandise sales. WVU rates highly on TVs in Pittsburgh and DC. You’re trying to hard and failing quite badly.

Wrong again. WVU is #17 is college merchandise sales. WVU rates highly on TVs in Pittsburgh and DC. You’re trying to hard and failing quite badly.

too*
College merchandise sales do not generate television revenue.
You are attempting to justify that a state with less than 2 million people generates ratings.
This is beyond me. Not attempting to attack WV in anyway but you cannot change who you are.
Luckily the people at West Virginia running things have a better grasp on reality

too*
College merchandise sales do not generate television revenue.
You are attempting to justify that a state with less than 2 million people generates ratings.
This is beyond me. Not attempting to attack WV in anyway but you cannot change who you are.
Luckily the people at West Virginia running things have a better grasp on reality
Do you read what you post?
WVU is #17 in merchandise sales. Either the every person in the small state of WV buys an insane amount of WVU merchandise or there is quite a bit on interest in WVU outside the state of WV.

BTW, the highest rated ESPN Thursday Night Primetime game was a WVU/Louisville game.

Reactions: RoanokeVAEer
Connected to who?

Just because someone creates a rumor on the internet doesn't make it true.
Just as long as UVA and UNC are the major powers behind the ACC WVU will not ever be in the conference.
They will take UCONN over you.
UCONN could be the 16th member if ND agress to join the ACC in Football.
Who will never be the 16th member is WVU?

Don't want to be a burden of bad news but the ACC is actually making a major push for Texas.
If ND does not agree to join there could be a chance both Texas and OU join the ACC in 2024 to give their ACC Network substance and programing.

I agree with TexasTwit here.

Although I wouldn't have used the word EVER, because sometimes strange things do happen, the premise is dead on. If you notice, the ACC had added schools that have a winning TEAM but not a winning PROGRAM. For example - VT for football, BC for football (didn't pan out), Suckacuse for basketball, Pitt for an everyday whipping boy.

WVU was and is a program that can be a constant threat in both major sports.No way they get in unless a major push comes along and that isn't likely due to our former rivals having very long memories.

And please, please, please, Texas jump to the ACC. It would actually be quite entertaining - reminding one of the classic scene in the movie Independence Day when Jeff Goldblum activates the virus on the mother ship. It destroys all our enemies in one fatal swoop. I've got my cigar ready...

Point taken.

However, in general,conferences don't kick teams out, they have tended to add. Unless that conference is run by Texans, in which they have left willingly.

I agree with TexasTwit here.

Although I wouldn't have used the word EVER, because sometimes strange things do happen, the premise is dead on. If you notice, the ACC had added schools that have a winning TEAM but not a winning PROGRAM. For example - VT for football, BC for football (didn't pan out), Suckacuse for basketball, Pitt for an everyday whipping boy.

WVU was and is a program that can be a constant threat in both major sports.No way they get in unless a major push comes along and that isn't likely due to our former rivals having very long memories.

And please, please, please, Texas jump to the ACC. It would actually be quite entertaining - reminding one of the classic scene in the movie Independence Day when Jeff Goldblum activates the virus on the mother ship. It destroys all our enemies in one fatal swoop. I've got my cigar ready...

I think a lot of WV fans are in delusion of their current situation
You are totally correct about the ACC.
It is a conference with too many welfare schools.
Only way Texas will join is if BC and Syracuse are sent elsewhere.
That probably will not happen.

All I can tell you is that WV may find out the hard way about the cold realities of conference realignment once the GOR ends with the Big XII.

Y'all will enjoy the AAC. You will win 10-12 games a year again and call yourself a Power Conference.

Let me know when that actually happens. The way I see it troll boy is Texas and OU do not want to be failures like Missouri, Nebraska, Texas A&M and Colorado. The mediocre teams of another conference.

Reactions: Brookecountyeer
Let me know when that actually happens. The way I see it troll boy is Texas and OU do not want to be failures like Missouri, Nebraska, Texas A&M and Colorado. The mediocre teams of another conference.

Difference being......
Texas owns the SEC. Even if you take out Arkansas, Aggy and Missouri.
Oklahoma has held their own.

Texas is 3-1 all time against Michigan and Ohio St

Texas has yet to play Florida St or Clemson.

Texas nor Oklahoma is afraid of any other conference

Difference being......
Texas owns the SEC. Even if you take out Arkansas, Aggy and Missouri.
Oklahoma has held their own.

Texas is 3-1 all time against Michigan and Ohio St

Texas has yet to play Florida St or Clemson.

Texas nor Oklahoma is afraid of any other conference

Yeah for Texas a team so full of itself they don't want to give away anything to go somewhere else.

WVU 4 Texas 3.

Yeah for Texas a team so full of itself they don't want to give away anything to go somewhere else.

WVU 4 Texas 3.

As powerful as Texas is a collection of universities with a common purpose is a lot more powerful.
Individually most universities have different goals but if their goals are the same Texas must consent to the group mentality.

With this the next few years can determine a lot. Does everyone get their way and both schools slide into the SEC to create the Super Conference. A lot of concessions have to be made for this to happen. The B1G and PAC are looking less likely everyday. Like what was mentioned before the ACC football schools mainly are in constant contact with UT about the ACC to narrow the gap between the ACC and SEC.

Truthfully I believe in individualism for myself and for my university so with that if Texas realizes their desires in the next few years everything will work

Regarding WVU. They are a great university and a tough people. Truthfully I hope the Big XII works out but if not I believe WVU will land on their feet somewhere.

How many Big 10 states does Maryland and Rutgers touch? This isn’t about geography as much as level of program and like minded fan bases. WVU 2 Misery 0.

When the Big 12 dissolves, I hope the SEC does what they should have done 8 years ago....

Reactions: madmaxvol
Texas will not join the SEC or Big 10. They will end up in PAC so they can dominate and keep there money losing network.

Texas will not join the SEC or Big 10. They will end up in PAC so they can dominate and keep there money losing network.

The reason they are not in the PAC right now is because the PAC doesn't want them to dominate or have their own network. The Big XII is what it is right now and will stay what it is because of these 3 factors

1. None of the other big conferences want to put up with Texas's BS
2. OU cant go anywhere without oSu
3. No one will be tempted to put up with Texas or add two members because the race to add markets/mouths to feed is over, the world is going in a different direction and bundling conference networks into cable packages is now a long term losing proposition.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
The reason they are not in the PAC right now is because the PAC doesn't want them to dominate or have their own network. The Big XII is what it is right now and will stay what it is because of these 3 factors

1. None of the other big conferences want to put up with Texas's BS
2. OU cant go anywhere without oSu
3. No one will be tempted to put up with Texas or add two members because the race to add markets/mouths to feed is over, the world is going in a different direction and bundling conference networks into cable packages is now a long term losing proposition.

Makes sense to me. Please tell the Texas losers.

WVU is #17 in merchandise sales. Either the every person in the small state of WV buys an insane amount of WVU merchandise or there is quite a bit on interest in WVU outside the state of WV.
You had it right the first time. Every person in WV has a closet full of WV gear. That, and one suit for funerals and weddings, and a camo jacket for hunting. Everything else - WV gear.

The entire fan base of a school doesn't reside in one city.
Meaning that Missouri is a river jump from KY and TN.
The geographical center of the SEC is somewhere around Western TN.
The distance from Memphis to Missouri could be covered in a couple of hours.

I believe proximity to Knoxville is more important than proximity to Memphis...I believe proximity to Lexington is more important than proximity to Bowling Green...but let's be realistic. Missouri was added for the TV markets, and that is the only reason.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT