ADVERTISEMENT

WVU needs to move to the SEC

You had it right the first time. Every person in WV has a closet full of WV gear. That, and one suit for funerals and weddings, and a camo jacket for hunting. Everything else - WV gear.

In Tennessee...the UT gear and the Hi-Viz hunting gear can be one in the same.

The reason they are not in the PAC right now is because the PAC doesn't want them to dominate or have their own network. The Big XII is what it is right now and will stay what it is because of these 3 factors

1. None of the other big conferences want to put up with Texas's BS
2. OU cant go anywhere without oSu
3. No one will be tempted to put up with Texas or add two members because the race to add markets/mouths to feed is over, the world is going in a different direction and bundling conference networks into cable packages is now a long term losing proposition.

You actually think that Texas wanted to join the PAC is your first mistake

I am not going to lie about the move and will tell you that the flirtation with the PAC was based on forcing certain schools to have an allegiance to Texas and second it was so ESPN would create the LHN.
ESPN had second thoughts of the LHN as the network first came about when ESPN approached Texas in 2008 about joining a new 14 team SEC.
As always the pissing contest between Bama and Texas made sure this did not happen.

How many Big 10 states does Maryland and Rutgers touch? This isn’t about geography as much as level of program and like minded fan bases. WVU 2 Misery 0.

When the Big 12 dissolves, I hope the SEC does what they should have done 8 years ago....

Take a trip to Oxford or Tuscaloosa before you say like minded fan bases.
WVU would be out of place in the SEC as they are in the Big XII.
Y'all are more like Penn St/ Maryland and Pitt.

texas and ou taking direct orders from tabacco road? Yeah that will happen in our lifetime.
If the ACC move would happen the beautiful part is UNC and UVA care about basketball more than football.
With this UT will be able to control the football end because if this would happen Clemson, Florida St, Ga Tech and Louisville could compete with their SEC rivals.
As UT is the only school in a SEC state that makes more revenue than the SEC school.

The SEC needs to trade Missouri for you. Are you satisfied in the Big 12 or would you like to see the switch too?
No they don't! There is only enough room for one Hillbilly team and that is us.
They need to hillbilly in another conference.:angry:

No.
Missouri are Yankees that fought with the South. Quantrill's Raiders? The name Tigers comes from Missouri Militias who fought side by side with Southern forces.

WV are Yankees period that fought for the North.

Civil War doesn't mean anything truly but it truly does because the SEC is the way the South is fighting their war at the current time

WV has played 36 SEC teams if you include 1 game against GA Tech.
Over half of those games are against Kentucky.

WV has no history with the SEC.
This makes a big difference.

No.

Missouri played against SEC opponents 26 times in the entire history of their program prior their addition to the conference in 2012 (if you include two games against Georgia Tech).

Missouri had no history with the SEC, either. Plus, they have stuff like this...
University-of-Missouri-Communications-Assistant-Professor-Melissa-Click.jpg

151108070411-university-of-missouri-football-player-boycott-newday-00011129.jpg

Missouri played against SEC opponents 26 times in the entire history of their program prior their addition to the conference in 2012 (if you include two games against Georgia Tech).

Missouri had no history with the SEC, either. Plus, they have stuff like this...
University-of-Missouri-Communications-Assistant-Professor-Melissa-Click.jpg

151108070411-university-of-missouri-football-player-boycott-newday-00011129.jpg

No Mizzou No A&M.
Both of the Oklahoma schools and Texas turned down invites.
You could have taken East Carolina.
That didn't make sense.
Like what was said earlier the other two options were a no go because of ESPN. NC State and Va Tech.
The ACC was trying to end their deal with Raycom and start a new deal for a conference network with ESPN.

No Mizzou No A&M.
Both of the Oklahoma schools and Texas turned down invites.
You could have taken East Carolina.
That didn't make sense.
Like what was said earlier the other two options were a no go because of ESPN. NC State and Va Tech.
The ACC was trying to end their deal with Raycom and start a new deal for a conference network with ESPN.

Texas was never invited...Oklahoma wouldn't come without Oklahoma State...Virginia Tech wouldn't come without UVA. South Carolina was going to block any attempt to go after Clemson, Florida was going to block any attempt to go after Florida State and Kentucky was going to block any attempt to go after Louisville.

So, the SEC wanted Texas A&M, and had to take someone else to balance out the divisions. Missouri was so happy to go somewhere that they pretty much would step in line with whatever the conference asked them to do. They were on the outside, looking in, and their patience wound up paying off for them.

Texas was never invited...Oklahoma wouldn't come without Oklahoma State...Virginia Tech wouldn't come without UVA. South Carolina was going to block any attempt to go after Clemson, Florida was going to block any attempt to go after Florida State and Kentucky was going to block any attempt to go after Louisville.

So, the SEC wanted Texas A&M, and had to take someone else to balance out the divisions. Missouri was so happy to go somewhere that they pretty much would step in line with whatever the conference asked them to do. They were on the outside, looking in, and their patience wound up paying off for them.

The SEC wanted Aggy because UT turned them down for the third time in 2007-2009.
When the SEC started their conference network the allies of Texas, Vandy and Ole Miss, in the SEC approached UT about joining. Texas refused but gave OM a home and home as a concession.

This is why Aggy joined. Truthfully the SEC wanted both schools like they did in 1988-1990.

I stand corrected...the SEC did want Texas when they expanded to add South Carolina and Arkansas in 1992. They did not want Texas in 2012.

Untrue
The invite is still open and will be until there is a final sitting of the musical chairs.
The SEC cannot and will not allow Texas to join the B1G or even the ACC.

Untrue
The invite is still open and will be until there is a final sitting of the musical chairs.
The SEC cannot and will not allow Texas to join the B1G or even the ACC.

The shite-show that took place over the Longhorn Network and the ensuing meltdown of the Big 12 was a cautionary tale, and Power 5 Conferences took notice. If Texas were to join the SEC...it would have to be a vastly humbled program from the one that single-handedly dismantled their conference 6 years ago.

Why in the world would Texax and OU go to the SEC. They run the Big 12 and would NOT run the SEC.
They have traditional rivals in Big 12. Money's not bad in Big 12. Move just doesn't seem to make sense.

Why in the world would Texax and OU go to the SEC. They run the Big 12 and would NOT run the SEC.
They have traditional rivals in Big 12. Money's not bad in Big 12. Move just doesn't seem to make sense.

Both have traditional rivalries in the SEC.

Texas used to play Vandy in Dallas as well back before television was around

It will be because a collection of universities wins out against individual thinking.
Only way the Big XII ends is if both jump together and when they move conferences it will be to separate themselves from the rest.

Truthfully don't think it will happen because there are too many dick swingers around.

The SEC needs to trade Missouri for you. Are you satisfied in the Big 12 or would you like to see the switch too?
Hard to make a move to another conference when those OTHER conferences turn up their, collective, noses and show NO INTEREST.
Oliver Luck used his influence, connections and pulled the available strings to pan us in the Big XII. we should be grateful but willing to listen if a formerly snooty conference came inquiring as to any interest in playing a more 'local' conference schedule. I don't see it happening until there is a major shake up and an adjustment of the over riding business model of TV sets in a geographical area whether local team is watched or not. Potentially, streaming and/or other means of receiving games will cause an adjustment in model so as to allow restructuring toward more regional alignment with massive reduction in travel expense.

Tha big 12 saved us when things looked bleak. So I’m loyal. That being said I’d love to see us play more regional games. I always thought we belonged in acc or big 10. But I’m happy in big 12, they’ve been good to us.

ACC or SEC was always the right spot IMO

I think you're wrong here. When Maryland announced they were leaving for the B1G 10 The ACC approached WVU about a week after WVU signed the contract to the Big XII. For what it's worth one of my old clients is a huge 7-8 figure Florida Booster. Per his words WVU had the votes for the SEC until CBS/ESPN told ex commish Mike Slive to take Mizzou due to the STL and KC markets. This whole game of musical conferences is all about the population and number of TV sets added to their conf. network.

You’re half right. ACC part wrong. SEC part right on the money.

Don't be a dick and lie to these people

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/west-virginia-to-the-sec-makes-no-sense-wont-happen-091911/

Check this article out from the SEC media.
KU has a better chance to play in the SEC than WV. That is saying a lot.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sa...-apart-lets-rank-teams-sec-like-add-1-10/amp/

Inside info dipsit. Right from FOX contact in LA little man.

LOL at idiot Texass geek siting nothing burger articles to support his lame brain opinion.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Inside info dipsit. Right from FOX contact in LA little man.

LOL at idiot Texass geek siting nothing burger articles to support his lame brain opinion.

I guess you do not know how the SEC media works.
Clay Travis is a SEC mouthpiece. Saturday down South is another tool the SEC uses to get their narrative across

Only people who say WV would be great in the SEC are West Virginia fans.
Maybe except perhaps a few UK and 10rc fans.

Totally wrong about ACC. If the Big XII would have taken Louisville the ACC would have made a move on UCONN.
This is why Oliver Luck used his connections to get WVU into the Big XII.

WV was not the next option in any conference. You can attempt to justify your reasoning but the actual facts prove otherwise.
Why Missouri is in the SEC has a lot to do with who their donors are. The Tyson's and Walton's who are also huge donors to Arkansas.
Missouri made sense to the SEC not because of CBS/ESPN but because the other options for the SEC were NC State or Va Tech.
The SEC wasn't ready to destabilize the ACC yet.
LOL. Incorrect.

LOL. Incorrect.

The human mind can be our biggest enemy or biggest friend.
Meaning that our own perspective is never 100% correct. With this we must understand all different perspectives of a situation.
If you are still with me you must understand what the different conferences want.
I can break this down to you but I am sure it will not matter because for you it is what WV wants.
What WV wants does not matter because they are a small state. If WV had 10 million people it would be different but they have 1.8 million so they must live within their limitations.
Their limitations are that they are not a desired university so they must maximize their chance in the Big XII.
At any time it could be too late and trust and believe no one will send you that long waited invite from the ACC or SEC.

At least Oliver Luck knew this and your current AD Shane Lyons knows this.

Take a trip to Oxford or Tuscaloosa before you say like minded fan bases.
WVU would be out of place in the SEC as they are in the Big XII.
Y'all are more like Penn St/ Maryland and Pitt.
I’ve been to both multiple times. Also Auburn, Athens, Gainesville, Starkville, Knoxville, Nashville, and, of course, Baton Rouge. WVU would fit in nicely.

I’ve been to both multiple times. Also Auburn, Athens, Gainesville, Starkville, Knoxville, Nashville, and, of course, Baton Rouge. WVU would fit in nicely.

By you saying that proves other wise.
WV's fanbase is a lot more NFL like. They are similar to Maryland.
Penn St has 100,000 fans at every game but they would not fit in the SEC
Same with Ohio State.

Oxford is all about the Grove. Who your papaw and memaw matters there. How far your Southern aristocratic blood goes back matters still there.

Unless you have been to a game at OM and to a lesser extent Bama and UGA you do boy know the difference in certain SEC fanbases and WV

No.
Missouri are Yankees that fought with the South. Quantrill's Raiders? The name Tigers comes from Missouri Militias who fought side by side with Southern forces.

WV are Yankees period that fought for the North.

Civil War doesn't mean anything truly but it truly does because the SEC is the way the South is fighting their war at the current time

You are illiterate of Civil War History buddy. WV politically wise was Yankee. When it became a state in 1863 it filled Va's Senate and Congressional seats. However over 2/3's of the people who fought in the civil war were on the confederacy.

Stonewall Jackson (General Lee's Executive Officer) is from Weston WV about 60 miles South of Morgantown. And the Bushwhackers who were Confederate Guerilla's kept the Union Army from effectivelly occupying the State. If you come to this board and run your mouth at least know what you're talking about.

From Beauford T Justice Link...

And this opinionated jackasses blog makes it a fact?

Hard to make a move to another conference when those OTHER conferences turn up their, collective, noses and show NO INTEREST.
Oliver Luck used his influence, connections and pulled the available strings to pan us in the Big XII. we should be grateful but willing to listen if a formerly snooty conference came inquiring as to any interest in playing a more 'local' conference schedule. I don't see it happening until there is a major shake up and an adjustment of the over riding business model of TV sets in a geographical area whether local team is watched or not. Potentially, streaming and/or other means of receiving games will cause an adjustment in model so as to allow restructuring toward more regional alignment with massive reduction in travel expense.
I kinda agree with this.... The ACC makes the most sense and I believe would be our best conference affiliation. The traditional rivalries would return and the WVU fans would fill our stadium no matter if we are in the Southern Conference, Atlantic 10, Eastern 8, Big East, Big 12, Big Sky or ACC. The one thing I want to see in my lifetime has always been a national championship for the WV faithful. Unfortunately, with the advent of the playoff series, our chances in football took a major blow. Now, we would have to win two games against a bunch of 5 star bluebloods instead of sneaking up on someone like we did Oklahoma and Georgia a few years ago. I think our best chance to win a national championship is now in basketball. An ACC schedule would definitely prepare us and you only need 7 or 8 great players and a great coach to do it instead of 30 or so in football. So, sign me up to watch us play Pitt, VT, Miami, Florida State and Clemson. I'll take it and love it, even if it means we have to suck up to a conference that never did want us before when it was mostly a basketball conference. I think our biggest problem now would be the Big 12 buyout fee, so it may take Texas, Oklahoma and the other big boys bailing to allow us to bolt without going broke....

You are illiterate of Civil War History buddy. WV politically wise was Yankee. When it became a state in 1863 it filled Va's Senate and Congressional seats. However over 2/3's of the people who fought in the civil war were on the confederacy.

Stonewall Jackson (General Lee's Executive Officer) is from Weston WV about 60 miles South of Morgantown. And the Bushwhackers who were Confederate Guerilla's kept the Union Army from effectivelly occupying the State. If you come to this board and run your mouth at least know what you're talking about.

The South lost.

When did Jackie Gleason, a man born and bred in NYC become a spokesman for the South? He's as real as that rug Burt Reynolds wore in those movies.

Reactions: Cheers
ADVERTISEMENT