ADVERTISEMENT

WVU D gets an A for bringing a W

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
I watched my recording replay of the first half of the Kansas State game on my TV screen today after witnessing the contest in person in Mountaineer Field on Saturday.

I counted SEVEN mistakes by the offense: interception, fumble, dropped passes.

Bill Snyder's teams have made a living by capitalizing on the other team's mistakes.

But Kansas State was SCORELESS at halftime because the smaller, faster WVU defenders flew to the ballcarrier or receiver, time after time.

I think this was the best job Gibby has done under Dana.

Yes, Kansas State offense is not up to its usual standards. But when has any Big 12 team held another Big 12 team without a touchdown for an entire game, particularly a Big 12 team that is at least in the middle of the pack this season?

That is almost as rare as finding a needle in a haystack.

Grier was right: The defense and offensive line won this game. And had the advantage of maybe the smartest QB in the country in gold and blue. Grier's ability to pick out the open receiver within 3 seconds is a rare gift.

Simms' stop-and-go move on the K-State defender about 10 yards out for the 82-yard TD catch was a classic clip to view over and over again. Once the defender stopped to match Simms' stop, he was toast. Simms was 5 yards behind the defender at midfield when he caught Grier's razor-sharp pass.

WVU has a LONG way to go, starting with a dynamo Texas Tech team on the road. But I have a good feeling about this team, barring key injuries.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14
O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17
U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence
N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6
T errorize Texas Tech
A nnihilate Kansas
I ncinerate Iowa State
N ail Baylor
E rectile dysfunction Texas
E lectrify TCU
R eam Oklahoma State
S laughter Oklahoma

I watched my recording replay of the first half of the Kansas State game on my TV screen today after witnessing the contest in person in Mountaineer Field on Saturday.

I counted SEVEN mistakes by the offense: interception, fumble, dropped passes.

Bill Snyder's teams have made a living by capitalizing on the other team's mistakes.

But Kansas State was SCORELESS at halftime because the smaller, faster WVU defenders flew to the ballcarrier or receiver, time after time.

I think this was the best job Gibby has done under Dana.

Yes, Kansas State offense is not up to its usual standards. But when has any Big 12 team held another Big 12 team without a touchdown for an entire game, particularly a Big 12 team that is at least in the middle of the pack this season?

That is almost as rare as finding a needle in a haystack.

Grier was right: The defense and offensive line won this game. And had the advantage of maybe the smartest QB in the country in gold and blue. Grier's ability to pick out the open receiver within 3 seconds is a rare gift.

Simms' stop-and-go move on the K-State defender about 10 yards out for the 82-yard TD catch was a classic clip to view over and over again. Once the defender stopped to match Simms' stop, he was toast. Simms was 5 yards behind the defender at midfield when he caught Grier's razor-sharp pass.

WVU has a LONG way to go, starting with a dynamo Texas Tech team on the road. But I have a good feeling about this team, barring key injuries.

T errorize Texas Tech
A nnihilate Kansas
I ncinerate Iowa State
N ail Baylor
E lectrify TCU
R eam Oklahoma State
S laughter Oklahoma
How many offensive touchdowns Has Kansas state had this season? Don't bother looking it up it will make you cry.

How many offensive touchdowns Has Kansas state had this season? Don't bother looking it up it will make you cry.
SEVEN offensive TDs. None against WVU. That makes me cheer, not cry.

T errorize Texas Tech

A nnihilate Kansas

I ncinerate Iowa State

N ail Baylor

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma

Anything to prop up the WV boy, Tony Gibson...

Even if that means taking a swipe at the Heisman frontrunner

Last edited:
You have an issue here.

K State is a dumpster fire. Both K State coordinators abandoned ship at the end of last year because of Sean Snyder.
Bill hired his son to coach the special teams.

Problem is the coordinators have been running the show and not Bill Snyder the last few years.
It is like a CEO who thought he was running things getting exposed when all his top LT's take off and he is forced to run things.

Issue is that K State is under coached with 2 to 3 star players.

Maybe the worse team in the Big XII this year.
Will probably lose to both Baylor and Kansas.

Reactions: David Berkowitz
SEVEN offensive TDs. None against WVU. That makes me cheer, not cry.

T errorize Texas Tech

A nnihilate Kansas

I ncinerate Iowa State

N ail Baylor

E lectrify TCU

R eam Oklahoma State

S laughter Oklahoma
K state is one of the worst teams in the power 5 as is Tennessee. They both would give Kansas a run for there money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT