ADVERTISEMENT

Will Grier is a Mountaineer!**

Well he didn't beat anyone of significance last season. You can talk about wins against Baylor and Oklahoma state all you want but they are negated by the pathetic performances against Iowa state and Kansas and that Maryland game in Baltimore was just putrid. You state that Holgorson is winning 2 more games a year than he should be when in actuality he is blowing 2 games a year with bone headed play calling and clock management. The 4th and 1 play call against K state was pathetic. trying to run a qb with a bum ankle on 4th and 1 and that 2014 meltdown in the 4th quarter against TCU sent the team into the tank. You should be praising Lyons for keeping DH. There are quite a few AD's that would have given him the pink slip. In today's college football coaches that go 7-5 routinely don't keep there job and Luck wasn't exactly giving DH a ringing endorsement in his final days at Wvu. I find it kinda funny that both of DH's best offensive performance happened with Bill stewarts players
lol how long are you gonna live off those Kansas, Iowa state, and Maryland losses that happened 3 years ago? We've pounded all 3 of them since. And how do they negate wins over Baylor and Oklahoma State? Using your flawed reasoning, I guess Rich Rod's loss against Temple in 2001 negated his sugar bowl win over Georgia in 2005? Nice try Hank, but that's just stupid lol

lol how long are you gonna live off those Kansas, Iowa state, and Maryland losses that happened 3 years ago? We've pounded all 3 of them since. And how do they negate wins over Baylor and Oklahoma State? Using your flawed reasoning, I guess Rich Rod's loss against Temple in 2001 negated his sugar bowl win over Georgia in 2005? Nice try Hank, but that's just stupid lol

How long are you gonna make the same excuses that we can't be better than 7-5 because where in the big 12 now? Every current member in the conference has achieved a high level of success at some point in the last 10 years except Iowa state. When are you gonna admit that there wasn't any significant wins last season? when are you gonna stop making stupid comparisons between bobby bowden and DH. That's as foolish as it comes. It only took a mountain west team team 3 years win a share of the conference tittle in this league but that shouldn't be surprising considering the Big 12 hasn't had a winning bowl season since 2011. Punisheer or shall i call you wbgvwbgv

How long are you gonna make the same excuses that we can't be better than 7-5 because where in the big 12 now? Every current member in the conference has achieved a high level of success at some point in the last 10 years except Iowa state. When are you gonna admit that there wasn't any significant wins last season? when are you gonna stop making stupid comparisons between bobby bowden and DH. That's as foolish as it comes. It only took a mountain west team team 3 years win a share of the conference tittle in this league but that shouldn't be surprising considering the Big 12 hasn't had a winning bowl season since 2011. Punisheer or shall i call you wbgvwbgv
how long you ask? Well it is our average. We are a 7-9 win a year program. History tells us that. We don't have the instate recruiting or fanbase support to be more than that. It's just a fact. You keep chirping on and on and on about TCU. They are in Texas. They have much more potential to become an elite program than we do. Your argument would be the equivalent of someone arguing WVU should be able to match the Miami Hurricanes success back in the 80's simply because they were nothing before that time. All the while ignoring that Miami sits in a fertile hotbed of recruiting in the state of Florida. Until you and others grasp our program for what it is, you will never get it.

how long you ask? Well it is our average. We are a 7-9 win a year program. History tells us that. We don't have the instate recruiting or fanbase support to be more than that. It's just a fact. You keep chirping on and on and on about TCU. They are in Texas. They have much more potential to become an elite program than we do. Your argument would be the equivalent of someone arguing WVU should be able to match the Miami Hurricanes success back in the 80's simply because they were nothing before that time. All the while ignoring that Miami sits in a fertile hotbed of recruiting in the state of Florida. Until you and others grasp our program for what it is, you will never get it.

Well nothing says that Wvu has to be 7-9 wins a year its just your acceptance of mediocrity that says that. Once again TCU and baylor do not bring in top 25 recruiting classes annually and their history states that they are not 10 win programs on annual basis. k state has competed just fine in this conference over the last 2 decades without a Hugh in state recruiting base and anyone can recruit Juco players. Why is it that the Qb's that where recruited while wvu where in the big east where better than what it gets in the Big 12. Why is Wvu's 4-5 record in conference play the same in 2012 than it was in 2015. If Dh is such a great coach as you say why are the national media questioning his job status and where are all his job offers?

Reactions: mounty99 and GoWVU
Well nothing says that Wvu has to be 7-9 wins a year its just your acceptance of mediocrity that says that. Once again TCU and baylor do not bring in top 25 recruiting classes annually and their history states that they are not 10 win programs on annual basis. k state has competed just fine in this conference over the last 2 decades without a Hugh in state recruiting base and anyone can recruit Juco players. Why is it that the Qb's that where recruited while wvu where in the big east where better than what it gets in the Big 12. Why is Wvu's 4-5 record in conference play the same in 2012 than it was in 2015. If Dh is such a great coach as you say why are the national media questioning his job status and where are all his job offers?
ok genius, what is WVU's average win total since 1980? Or better yet, their entire history? Name a similar program based on instate recruiting, population, fanbase, attendance that can and does produce better results. I want a program who has all the same intangibles WVU has to overcome that produces the results you demand. Give me more than one close example. Hint: that one example kills us in fanbase, attendance.

What I'll add is if we're staying the same with results, we're going nowhere. Any team, organization, company or individual should be moving toward progress.

& it's not like WVU football has never competed & won at a very high level. It's been done before without elite level recruiting, but good coaching & player development. Can be done again. From what I recall, WVU was I think 3rd winningest all-time among the current members of this league.

The conf can't be the crutch. Until that changes, the schedule will be similar each season.

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
What I'll add is if we're staying the same with results, we're going nowhere. Any team, organization, company or individual should be moving toward progress.

& it's not like WVU football has never competed & won at a very high level. It's been done before without elite level recruiting, but good coaching & player development. Can be done again. From what I recall, WVU was I think 3rd winningest all-time among the current members of this league.

The conf can't be the crutch. Until that changes, the schedule will be similar each season.
we aren't staying the same. We won 8 games last year. We won our bowl game. Yet we have people still throwing up losses to Kansas, Iowa state, and Maryland that happened 3 years ago. Three teams we've pounded since that time. Their agenda is clear. We all should be happy going into the upcoming season. And nobody ever said we can't compete. As I've stated before, we can occasionally compete for a championship in this conference. And maybe win 10-11 games once in awhile. Possibly once or twice a decade. However, our program par is about 7-9 wins per year. Our history shows that. Expecting to win 10-11 games every year is not possible in this league. Nobody said we shouldn't try for better. My point is, Dana is doing a good job.

ok genius, what is WVU's average win total since 1980? Or better yet, their entire history? Name a similar program based on instate recruiting, population, fanbase, attendance that can and does produce better results. I want a program who has all the same intangibles WVU has to overcome that produces the results you demand. Give me more than one close example. Hint: that one example kills us in fanbase, attendance.

Your just accepting mediocrity. Yes wvu has avaeraged 7-9 win seasons since 1980 but so has the majority of programs in the Big 12. Kansas state has equivalent issues to wvu and has competed just fine in the Big 12. When Bill Synder took over that program they didn't even have a weight room and he turned it into one of the more consistent programs in the conference. Where was Oregon before 1994? They don't have allot of instate recruits but they have been hiring consistent coaching for the last 2 decades that have kept the program at a high level. Look at Nebraska not a hot bed for recruits they have been making poor coaching hires and look what happens. Like it or not teams like TCU and Baylor win because of good coaching and a few good players they may be in the state of Texas but they are not getting the cream of the crop on a regular basis. They have only had 1 top 25 class since being members of the big 12 same as WVU

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
Your just accepting mediocrity. Yes wvu has avaeraged 7-9 win seasons since 1980 but so has the majority of programs in the Big 12. Kansas state has equivalent issues to wvu and has competed just fine in the Big 12. When Bill Synder took over that program they didn't even have a weight room and he turned it into one of the more consistent programs in the conference. Where was Oregon before 1994? They don't have allot of instate recruits but they have been hiring consistent coaching for the last 2 decades that have kept the program at a high level. Look at Nebraska not a hot bed for recruits they have been making poor coaching hires and look what happens. Like it or not teams like TCU and Baylor win because of good coaching and a few good players they may be in the state of Texas but they are not getting the cream of the crop on a regular basis. They have only had 1 top 25 class since being members of the big 12 same as WVU

Tell us, what exactly do you do to not "accept mediocrity" with WVU sports?

I hear this phrase tossed around quite often, so I am genuinely interested. Or is your non acceptance of mediocrity limited to complaining on message boards?

Tell us, what exactly do you do to not "accept mediocrity" with WVU sports?

I hear this phrase tossed around quite often, so I am genuinely interested. Or is your non acceptance of mediocrity limited to complaining on message boards?

I don't expect to win 10 games every year but to say we should expect the same win total every year because are history states it is not acceptable either. Every program has up and downs and some have advantages over others but with the right people in charge it can make a difference. It really isn't any different than your lack of faith in Lyons and how you claim he botched the Holgorson situation. Luck's handling of the Stewart firing was poor public relations he should have fired him outright and if Holgorson fails to achieve success in 2016 and Lyons has to pull the plug you should be happy that he will be making the next hire considering Luck didn't get it right

I don't expect to win 10 games every year but to say we should expect the same win total every year because are history states it is not acceptable either. Every program has up and downs and some have advantages over others but with the right people in charge it can make a difference. It really isn't any different than your lack of faith in Lyons and how you claim he botched the Holgorson situation. Luck's handling of the Stewart firing was poor public relations he should have fired him outright and if Holgorson fails to achieve success in 2016 and Lyons has to pull the plug you should be happy that he will be making the next hire considering Luck didn't get it right

Thanks for the response. I always wonder about this, because I know a lot of fans (not saying you) live very average and in many cases terrible lives, yet they will not tolerate mediocrity from a sports team they like.

you should concentrate your efforts towards learning to read and comprehend first. I specifically stated, we are a 7-9 win program with potential to win 10-11 games once or twice a decade. You can say that is unacceptable all you want. It doesn't change our history. And it doesn't change the par or expected results of our program. Obviously, you are lying to yourself when you say it is 'unacceptable". Simply because that's our history, yet you are a fan. Unless you fit into that new age spoiled fan that arrived during the Rich Rod years who foolishly believed WVU was a blue blood 11 win per year program? Truth is, had WVU remained in the watered down big east, Dana would have you those 11 win seasons. We stepped up with the big boys and we are winning 7-8 games. You should say good job Dana.

I specifically stated, we are a 7-9 win program with potential to win 10-11 games once or twice a decade. We stepped up with the big boys and we are winning 7-8 games. You should say good job Dana.

Our record the last four years is 8-5, 7-6, 4-8, and 7-6. That's an average of 6.5 - 6.25, barely a winning record. So just stop it with the 7-9 wins per year. Our conference record over the last four years is 15-21, six games below .500.

If you're satisfied with that, Dana is your man.

Our record the last four years is 8-5, 7-6, 4-8, and 7-6. That's an average of 6.5 - 6.25, barely a winning record. So just stop it with the 7-9 wins per year. Our conference record over the last four years is 15-21, six games below .500.

If you're satisfied with that, Dana is your man.
sorry, you left out one important year of 10-3. I know it doesn't suit your agenda, but that equals 7 wins a year. So just stop it with the 6.5-6.25 wins per year.

I purposely cited stats from the last four years because we have been in the Big XII for the last four years. So I guess you are satisfied with a 15-21 Big XII record?
you anti Dana fans love to cling to that one and ONLY losing season of 4-8 (2-7 big 12) in 2013. It's the only way to keep making Dana look bad by skewing numbers. It's the same reason you guys keep pointing to losses to Kansas, Iowa state that occurred that season. All while ignoring recent facts we have killed them both the last 2 years. All while ignoring we are 15-11 the last 2 years. Those recent numbers don't look so bad. I assume you ignore that on purpose. As I said, it doesn't suit your agenda.

I purposely cited stats from the last four years because we have been in the Big XII for the last four years. So I guess you are satisfied with a 15-21 Big XII record?
But Dana has been the coach at WVU for 5 years. I'm sure Dana would have loved to have stayed in the weak Big East and beat up on UConn (the same UConn that you and many other people laugh at when it comes to Big12 expansion, but praise Rich and Stewart for beating, well Rich anyways) so he could have just as a impressive win total as Rich Rod and Stew and not completely rebuild WVU into a Big12 program but it wasn't up to him

Last edited:
But Dana has been the coach at WVU for 5 years. I'm sure Dana would have loved to have stayed in the weak Big East and beat up on UConn (the same UConn that you and many other people laugh at when it comes to Big12 expansion, but praise Rich and Stewart for beating, well Rich anyways) so he could have just as a impressive win total as Rich Rod and Stew and not completely rebuild WVU into a Big12 program but it wasn't up to him

Good luck finding a quote of me praising Rich and Stewart for beating UConn. Stay on topic and quit deflecting. We are 15-21 in the Big XII. You can't change that.

Reactions: GoWVU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT