ADVERTISEMENT

Will Grier is a Mountaineer!**

October 2015 he was suspended for a year by the ncaa.

It looks like it's a 2017 eligibility.

I think he'll be in competition then for the job, but I think there's other competition who will have something to say about the qb position.

I think he'll be in competition then for the job, but I think there's other competition who will have something to say about the qb position.

IMO he would win the job. Look at Florida before and after his suspension, night and day. Obviously situations can change between now and August 2017, but unless he greatly regresses, I cant see anyone from our current crop overtaking a QB with his pedigree

Reactions: lenny4wvu

robEERt

130414_RIVALS_CHARLOTTE_0332_8647686057_O150.JPG

Will Grier
Dual-threat quarterback
4 STARS
Davidson Day
Davidson, NC
RR: 6
Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 177 lbs
Class: 2014

POSITION

NATIONAL

STATE

Commitment status:
SIGNED LOI
Florida

Schools
News
Videos Photos
share:

School
Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
Florida
Committed
(12/19/12)

None D.J. Durkin
Arkansas
None

None Jim Chaney
Auburn
None

None Rhett Lashlee
Clemson
None

None
Duke
None

None
East Carolina
None

None
Louisiana-Lafayette
None

None
North Carolina
None

None
North Carolina State
None

None
South Carolina
None

None
Tennessee
None

None
Virginia
None

None
Wake Forest
None

None Tom Elrod

2017 Prospect Rankings
Football Basketball

#
Name Pos School
1. Marvin Wilson DT List
2. Najee Harris RB Alabama
3. Trevon Grimes WR List
4. Josh Kaindoh DE List
5. Isaiah Wilson OL List
6. Tyler Shelvin DT LSU
7. Dylan Moses LB List
8. Lamont Wade DB List
9. Jeffrey Okudah DB List
10. Josh Myers OL Ohio St.
See more

© Yahoo! Inc.

As he should. He is building the program and I see it going in the right direction. People can complain all they want but it's hard to build anything in WV.

Reactions: oldtimes
He is building the program. From facilities to roster talent things are improving. Too bad more people can't see that.

Building on QB transfers is not very confidence inspiring. The recruits at that position have been less so thus far. In the end I don't care how he gets his QB as long as - a.) wins increase, b.) bone-headed play calling decreases.

3x, or anyone else know what he was suspended for? Just curious...I do believe in second chances...not third ones however...

Can't beleive people don't see he is building this program for something special......he will get us there

DH will have a perfect opportunity to prove his worth in 2016. The home schedule is favorable and Baylor, Tcu and Okie state will be significantly weaker than last season. If he is building something special there is no reason the team can't win 9+ games and compete for a top 3 finish. The future is now.

I think this pretty much says Holgerson is confident he will be here after this year.

I would say Will Grier is the one taking the risk. He might have chosen wvu for several reasons. He knows DH might not be here after next season but being a highly touted Dual threat QB he probably has the ability to play different offensive styles at the D1 Level. He also may feel that winning the QB job in 2017 would be easiest at wvu considering the only highly touted QB's that DH has brought in that are currently on the roster are playing WR

DH will have a perfect opportunity to prove his worth in 2016. The home schedule is favorable and Baylor, Tcu and Okie state will be significantly weaker than last season. If he is building something special there is no reason the team can't win 9+ games and compete for a top 3 finish. The future is now.
there is no way knowing Baylor, Tcu, and osu will be significantly weaker next year. Plus Baylor and Tcu just pulled in top 25 classes. There's a realistic chance some of those kids could play this year and contribute

there is no way knowing Baylor, Tcu, and osu will be significantly weaker next year. Plus Baylor and Tcu just pulled in top 25 classes. There's a realistic chance some of those kids could play this year and contribute

Baylor only returns 10 starters 5 on offense and 5 on defense. They have to replace 4 of 5 offense lineman their best wr and 6 starters from a defense that was below average. Baylor is not a blood blood they have only had 1 top 25 recruiting class since we have been members of the big 12 and that was last season. the majority of the recruits won't make an impact until a few years. TCU has to replace 4-5 starters on the O line along with their QB and best WR. They are in better shape on defense then baylor but still have a fair share of question marks on that side of the ball and since they have had only 1 top 25 class since joining the Big 12 which was last year they aren't blue bloods either. Okie state only returns 9 total starters from last years team they are not blue bloods. WVU had a top 25 class in 2013 which should have more of an impact this season. The home schedule is favorable if DH is the coach you claim him to be then their is no reason he can't compete for a top 3 finish considering the majority of the teams are taking a step back. The future is now

Baylor only returns 10 starters 5 on offense and 5 on defense. They have to replace 4 of 5 offense lineman their best wr and 6 starters from a defense that was below average. Baylor is not a blood blood they have only had 1 top 25 recruiting class since we have been members of the big 12 and that was last season. the majority of the recruits won't make an impact until a few years. TCU has to replace 4-5 starters on the O line along with their QB and best WR. They are in better shape on defense then baylor but still have a fair share of question marks on that side of the ball and since they have had only 1 top 25 class since joining the Big 12 which was last year they aren't blue bloods either. Okie state only returns 9 total starters from last years team they are not blue bloods. WVU had a top 25 class in 2013 which should have more of an impact this season. The home schedule is favorable if DH is the coach you claim him to be then their is no reason he can't compete for a top 3 finish considering the majority of the teams are taking a step back. The future is now
typically that is correct with most freshman. However, there are pat white, Steve Slaton freshman that can boost a team into greatness. That is why I say, there is no way of knowing either way.

I would say Will Grier is the one taking the risk. He might have chosen wvu for several reasons. He knows DH might not be here after next season but being a highly touted Dual threat QB he probably has the ability to play different offensive styles at the D1 Level. He also may feel that winning the QB job in 2017 would be easiest at wvu considering the only highly touted QB's that DH has brought in that are currently on the roster are playing WR

ColoradoKoolAidBoy...............he also knows DH might be here after next season.

I don't think DH is going anywhere. All these rumors and speculation is ridiculous. He is doing what needs to be done to build a winning program

Many posts in this thread are bait... ...but Dana is CLEARLY not a lock to be our coach past next season.

Wow, way to go out on a limb there Orlaco.

It was a rebuttal to a poster who is either baiting or delusional. I certainly didn't think I was expressing anything insider like, insightful, or outside the realm of common sense.

You obviously agreed with my post so maybe you should take your clown show on the road and debate the person/people that don't think what I posted is obvious.....

I don't think DH is going anywhere. All these rumors and speculation is ridiculous. He is doing what needs to be done to build a winning program
in an ideal world, I would agree with you. However, this is West Virginia after all. Remember, this fanbase ran off the all time winningest coach in NCAA D1 history (Bobby Bowden). Not exactly the brightest bunch in the world.

Reactions: SeronimusPratt
in an ideal world, I would agree with you. However, this is West Virginia after all. Remember, this fanbase ran off the all time winningest coach in NCAA D1 history (Bobby Bowden). Not exactly the brightest bunch in the world.

Yea.. ...Bobby would have been anything close to the winningest coach of all time if he stayed at WVU... ...with all the local talent and all.

Except for that pesky part about winning enough games.

I sincerely hope 21795 is your birthdate and not your ZIP code.

Reactions: pressvirginia
Grier has a world of potential. But it's time for BXII results. If he can eventually help us achieve BXII wins in 2017, it'll have been a great recruiting job.

End of the day, can't have enough talented QBs. Let's hope one of these pans out even if for a season and a half or two.

Actually Okie State is going to be better this year, Rudolph is a beast. Tech is going to be good also, that's a tough road game.

If we keep winning 8 games i see no reason to make a coaching change.

I guess... ...but it shouldn't be (and isn't) that simple. Eight wins is fine if you see the potential for an exceptional season here and there. I've championed Dana during his stint at WVU and even I wonder about our future with him at the helm. His game day coaching has improved....but then he left PLENTY of room to better himself season after season.

Next season we have 8 home games (yes, I'm including the one at Fed-Ex) and only four on the road (none of those in consecutive weeks).... ...so despite the teams on our schedule expecting/demanding more than eight wins is reasonable.

I mean, define "winning enough games"

If we keep winning 8 games i see no reason to make a coaching change.

I guess... ...but it shouldn't be (and isn't) that simple. Eight wins is fine if you see the potential for an exceptional season here and there. I've championed Dana during his stint at WVU and even I wonder about our future with him at the helm. His game day coaching has improved....but then he left PLENTY of room to better himself season after season.

Next season we have 8 home games (yes, I'm including the one at Fed-Ex) and only four on the road (none of those in consecutive weeks).... ...so despite the teams on our schedule expecting/demanding more than eight wins is reasonable.
the program average will be 7-9 wins in this league. Dana's doing a good job.

Frankly I have zero faith that Lyons will make a good hire. I'd rather keep Dana than have him bring in some good old boy that tanks the program. Just my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT