ADVERTISEMENT

Why would our fans

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Neal Brown handled that perfectly. You drain the clock and have a chance at a score.

You don't open up your offense and give the ball back with one minute left when the other team gets the ball to start the second half.
That could be a 6-14 point swing depending on if they score

Yes I'm sure you know more than the professional analysts covering the game....good lord.

Brown CLEARLY mishandled the clock and let it run down too far. Could have been handled much better and there may have been a TD rather the the muff.

He left time and points on the field and killed momentum going into the half that they never recovered from.

They kept on asking why doesn't WVU go uptempo.

Because at that point of the game Austin Kendall wasn't going off a script of plays.

Early in the game Kendall already knew what Neal Brown wanted to run.
I do think WVU should have a sequence of plays to go uptempo but it is hard against a defense that does so many different things.

For the most part they didn't and pretty much dropped their LBs in coverage and rushed three.
But they showed different blitzes at times.

Those announcers were horrible.

You want to win the game, you don't play it safe going into the half when you have momentum.

There's no harm in managing the clock, you don't run it down and rush a kick that ultimately failed. HUGE momentum change that WVU never recovered from.

Your didn't have momentum.
You just gave up a TD and your defense was dead tired. WVU couldn't control the ball especially in the first half.

It was a dangerous situation that Neal Brown handled correctly.
The offsides penalty changed things and Neal Brown capitalized on this by pushing tempo and trying to steal 3 points.

But with how long your defense was on the field in the first half you don't give Texas another chance at a possession

If WVU had the ball coming out of the second half it would have been different.
You don't allow a team to stack possessions like that

also important to note Brown chased off at least 9 players from the roster--many quality STARTERS. He had a roster to WIN right away and whittled it down and now we see the results.
He didnt chase players off moron. Dana was responsible for their departure.

Reactions: Rootmaster
If you don't think so then YOU back up your claim it isn't .

These players came from some of the better classes in WVU recruiting and were a top ten offense just last year, and also were in contention for the BIG 12 championship up until the last game of the regular season. They returned what was expected to be the TOP RB core in the BIG 12.

Kendall was well regarded coming from OU, and Brown has him throwing picks left and right costing games--the same thing idiots were bashing Holgorsen for when a QB threw fewer picks.
Dama left us with no QB. Kendall was not Danas recruit. We had 3 returning upperclassman OLmen. We had 1 returning upperclass dlineman. We had zero linebackers. We had no depth in the secondary and 1 returning WR with experience. How any sane person considers that a terrific roster is beyond me. You are an idiot.

Yes I'm sure you know more than the professional analysts covering the game....good lord.

Brown CLEARLY mishandled the clock and let it run down too far. Could have been handled much better and there may have been a TD rather the the muff.

He left time and points on the field and killed momentum going into the half that they never recovered from.

Professional analysts?

They are random people talking on TV, giving their own opinions.

Look folks, Buck's going to be on here and post ad nauseum after every loss. Notice the uptick of posts and responses after the two losses. When WVU wins, little to no Buck.

Buck isn't the smartest. Logic fails him. He's been proven wrong many times by many people. It is easy really.

Let's do it again and do it this way...

Buck says Dana would have won yesterday's game, well, because he has done it before. For proof he claims: 1) Our offense is terrible; 2) Our defense is terrible; and 3) Our special teams are terrible.

So, using his logic, our terrible offense would have scored more points against Texas and would have won; our defense would have stopped Texas more and would have won; and I guess our special teams would have been better and we would have won.

Yet...

Our terrible offense has only looked good once (by his own admission) this year, and that was against our former defensive coordinator, who couldn't even stop our pathetic offense yet was somehow going to miraculously stop the number 11 team in the country, with one of the best offenses in the nation and a potential Heisman finalist at QB? Or would we somehow have to play defense by scoring 50 with Jack Allison at QB with freshmen wideouts and across the offensive line when the last time WVU was in that type of situation, about 6 years ago, things didn't work out so well.

He's not a smart man. Let's leave him to his fantasies and brush him off along with his delusions.

Look folks, fools like spartanstink don't want you to read what I write, his ego is so enormous he thinks ONLY what he and his box think troll buddies should be listened to.

As a Mountaineer fan I have every right to

A: defend the previous coach and staff with facts

and

B: Discuss the failures of the current staff.

Personally I can't fathom why a Mountaineer fan would be trying to downrate and disparage the previous coach who went out as the second winningest coach in Mountaineer history and pretty much owned Texas especially in the latter part of his stint at WVU.

I also can't fathom while fools that spent 8 years blasting everything WVU and Dana Holgorsen would now excuse away bad coaching that has WVU ranked very poorly in all aspects of the game on the national stage, especially as compared to what came before.

There is no reason for these people to suddenly have a fit of civility towards a coach when it hasn't existed for nearly a decade. But that is what you get with a bunch of hypocrites.

10 wins and a shellacking of Clemson wasn't good enough in one coaches first year, but two bad losses against the only strong teams WVU has faced in another coaches first year is great!

NO, its not. Its bad for WVU football.

Professional analysts?

They are random people talking on TV, giving their own opinions.

Random people are not hired by the premiere network covering college sports.

YOU are a random person. They? Expert analysts at the top of their field who work daily in the industry with other top professionals.

To claim otherwise illustrates you are here simply to troll.

Dama left us with no QB. Kendall was not Danas recruit. We had 3 returning upperclassman OLmen. We had 1 returning upperclass dlineman. We had zero linebackers. We had no depth in the secondary and 1 returning WR with experience. How any sane person considers that a terrific roster is beyond me. You are an idiot.

DH didn't leave WVU with no QB, he left several. Brown either chased them off or chose not to play them.

And you may recall Holgorsen himself was quite adept at bringing in skilled QBs like Grier transferring in. He surely would have brought in another highly skilled prospect in the offseason--but if it was Kendall then Kendall would be performing at a higher level.

You are an idiot. You want to ignore bad clock management, bad coaching leading to player errors, terrible defensive coaching. Terrible special teams coaching.

There is no aspect of the Mountaineer team performing better--and to excuse it away--VOILA--you try to blame the players, ignoring of course that Brown chased off at least 9 primary players in the first place. The cupboard was far from bare, WVU was top ten in offense, returned the top RB corp in the BIG 12, and many other players that came from highly regarded classes in WVU recruiting history.

He didnt chase players off moron. Dana was responsible for their departure.

Holgorsen was long gone when those players left idiot. Brown pushed them out long after DH's departure. The media wrote a few articles about the departures of some of the top players, you might need to learn how to read and go back and do so. Your DH hatred is clouding your ability to comprehend and reason.

The departures are Brown's doing and the commentators even discussed it during the Texas game.

Holgorsen was long gone when those players left idiot. Brown pushed them out long after DH's departure. The media wrote a few articles about the departures of some of the top players, you might need to learn how to read and go back and do so. Your DH hatred is clouding your ability to comprehend and reason.

The departures are Brown's doing and the commentators even discussed it during the Texas game.

No he didn't. 3 left before Brown was here 3 were academic frauds and the rest were bottom rung of the ladder. The only one that left on his own was Pitts who was about to lose his starting position. Log off before ejaculating. It will make your keyboard sticky.

bust on Coach Brown? With what he has been given he has done pretty damn good. We always want to run the good coaches off.
Easy answers---
They are marginal WVU 'fans' if WVU fans at all
They are of quite limited mental/reasoning capacity

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Interesting assertion that WV defense was finished in the second quarter. I do not recall one point from the Tx offense in the third quarter. A mystery as to how that must have materialized.

Reactions: jtturner09
Random people are not hired by the premiere network covering college sports.

YOU are a random person. They? Expert analysts at the top of their field who work daily in the industry with other top professionals.

To claim otherwise illustrates you are here simply to troll.

They are entertainers on TV. They talk about sports to cover air time and provide background noise.

I agree 100%

WVU was not set up, stocked or prepared to win this game and it was in contention! What a great effort by the team and the staff! While we all want to win, reasonable fans realized what a huge miracle that would have been. I am pleased with everything, including the breakdowns. I want to see those now, when we are learning, not later when they should be eliminated.

The mere fact, that WVU had Texas on the ropes most of the game, made this a great game. It also exposed Texas far more than the LSU game for them and it showed that WVU has grown since Missouri. Exactly what I wanted - growth.

Kendall had some bad moments, but that was going to happen, he wants to be there and will progress throughout the season, same as the team and the staff. Were, I Neal Brown I would be very pleased with this performance. When he gets to watch film he is going to see a lot of good out there and mistakes that can be fixed.

I have not felt this good about the future of WVU in a long time. Outside of Oklahoma, there is no one left on the schedule we can't beat. We may end up 3rd in the Big-12 this year and I cannot believe I am saying that, but from what I saw, we have what it takes to pull that off and go 9-3/5-2. I doubt we are going to do it, but we are closer than I thought we were in preseason.
I’m really impressed with the growth this team has shown since Missouri. Most fans were saying before the season, we would be happy if we could just see progress throughout the season. I think most would agree we have, that is mostly due to great coaching. We are definitely headed in the right direction, like Neal Brown said we will be great one day soon!

You want to win the game, you don't play it safe going into the half when you have momentum.

There's no harm in managing the clock, you don't run it down and rush a kick that ultimately failed. HUGE momentum change that WVU never recovered from. I heard a coach say once you can’t win a game at halftime, but you can lose it.

WVU DID compete for the BIG 12 title last year. Had they won the final game of the season they would have been in the BIG 12 championship.

And that is the problem with LIARS. You have no argument for any of the trash you've spewed about WVUs program the past 8 years so you make b.s. up and deny, deny, deny.

The present coach has the QB throwing picks left and right, no defense, multiple coaching mistakes that cost real points, bad special teams.....all things you've railed against WVU about for years.

Who knows how long WVU will spend with this coach, there's still alot of football to be played but it isn't getting any easier. But the results to date have not been good despite people like you who know nothing about football but like to run your mouth on emotion only.

In order to compete for something you have to play in the game for it. Once the Big 12 initiated the conference championship game, that is the game you have to compete in to win. WVU lost 2 games it shouldn't have and winning either would have made the loss to OU moot. We were out competed for the conference title by ISU using your logic. You are a complete idiot who refuses to face the facts. I can't call you a liar anymore because I legitimately do not think you can understand facts. WVU has no QBs this year and not even an entire offensive line. That's on Holgorsen. WVU always relied on transfers at the QB position despite it being the central cog to his "plan." Every good game or season he had was because a transfer came along ready to play without the need for development. Hard to be a good coach when you are not flipping coaching up the talent on the roster. WVU consistently had bad defense and defensive fundamentals under Holgorsen. Special teams were headed by a guy who was more clueless about the game than you for a majority of his tenure. WVU limped along as a gimmicky team that mostly whipped the poor, beat the average, and got blown out by the good. WVU was never a better team in November compared to late September under Holgorsen. These are all facts. Holgorsen is NOT a bad coach. He is just not one of the "greatest" and had glaring flaws. The biggest of which is laziness. That is a choice not a natural deficit since the man does have a gift for offensive design and play calling.

You are right. Fire Brown. Shut down the program. It can never get any better. This is how it will always be. Buckaineer has clearly quit and given up on the program, so everyone else should do. Take his lead and quit on the team after losing a game to the 11th ranked team in the country by 11.

All hope is lost. Abandon ship. Turn back in cowardice at this show of adversity just like Buckaineer’s example. Give up. Don’t fight any more, just be a quitter and show how little you all care about the program .

I mean, if buckaineer doesn’t believe in the team based on his always rational perspective, we should all just be quitters too. It is over.

Maybe just start sending your checks to 2-3 Houston where they have shown clear improvement as a program under Holgorsen through a whole 5 games as opposed to the total collapse and failure of Neal Brown and his measles 3-2 failure of a record which proves he just doesn’t know what he is doing.

Everyone, just be a quitter. It is the right thing to do. Just follow the example of Buckaineer because as we all know, if you don’t have your program tolling after 5 games into your tenure, you are a disaster of a dumpster fire failure and should be fired for the mess you have created.

No good coach would EVER lose to a lowly, unaccomplished joke of a nothing happening program like Texas. The loss just proves what Buckaineer has known all along that the football team has fallen to depths unrecoverable from and we should sell the stadium and probably the coliseum too, and just focus on improving our US News ranking.

Take it from Buckaineer, and just be a quitter when the coach your are in love with leaves the team.

It just feels right to be a negative sack of nonsense than to be patient, right Buckaineer.

Checkmate! He’s just to dumb to tip his King over.

DH was a clueless moron who underachieved and set WVU football back for years. No excuses for that drunk.

So is GregJacobs really Rootcanal.
Would be funny. Neither of you know the difference between to and too.
But you fought with each other. That is expert level Loser Troll.

Bet you $1000 I went to CMU in the MPM Masters program at the Heinz School starting in 1994. If you’re a poor how about $1 bet. Look it up goofball.

No one cares poor.
Get a job you bum and quit living through a screen name.
To, too or two.
Learn the difference. Something that even a third grader knows. You make the mistake way too many times.

No one cares poor.
Get a job you bum and quit living through a screen name.
To, too or two.
Learn the difference. Something that even a third grader knows. You make the mistake way too many times.

Just got a new Mercedes last week. Sweet ride. You into cars?

Just got a new Mercedes last week. Sweet ride. You into cars?

No one cares.
You don't impress anyone with your fake life. It is beyond sad. Just be real. People would accept you more and maybe you could accomplish something in your life.
This is an outlet for you.

No one cares.
You don't impress anyone with your fake life. It is beyond sad. Just be real. People would accept you more and maybe you could accomplish something in your life.
This is an outlet for you.

What makes this so sweet and delicious is I’ve never posted one falsehood on this site haha. You sir are a fool.

In order to compete for something you have to play in the game for it. Once the Big 12 initiated the conference championship game, that is the game you have to compete in to win. WVU lost 2 games it shouldn't have and winning either would have made the loss to OU moot. We were out competed for the conference title by ISU using your logic. You are a complete idiot who refuses to face the facts. I can't call you a liar anymore because I legitimately do not think you can understand facts. WVU has no QBs this year and not even an entire offensive line. That's on Holgorsen. WVU always relied on transfers at the QB position despite it being the central cog to his "plan." Every good game or season he had was because a transfer came along ready to play without the need for development. Hard to be a good coach when you are not flipping coaching up the talent on the roster. WVU consistently had bad defense and defensive fundamentals under Holgorsen. Special teams were headed by a guy who was more clueless about the game than you for a majority of his tenure. WVU limped along as a gimmicky team that mostly whipped the poor, beat the average, and got blown out by the good. WVU was never a better team in November compared to late September under Holgorsen. These are all facts. Holgorsen is NOT a bad coach. He is just not one of the "greatest" and had glaring flaws. The biggest of which is laziness. That is a choice not a natural deficit since the man does have a gift for offensive design and play calling.

People that actually know sports disagree with you completely. The facts don't lie like you:
From Sports Illustrated

November 18, 2018
"
The Big 12 likes to tout its highly competitive, defensively challenged conference race as the only one in college football where “every game counts” because of its 10-team roster and round-robin schedule.

That premise has been slightly tainted by the league pinning its College Football Playoff hopes on one team in each of the past three seasons. Fortunately for the Big 12, Oklahoma has gone to the final four twice in the playoff’s four-year history, and after Saturday’s action, the Sooners are once again the league’s only hope of returning there in 2018.

Heading into the final week of the conference slate, the Big 12 officials got exactly what they bargained for: total chaos, with a cheat sheet needed to explain how three different teams could be eligible to play in the conference championship on Dec. 1........

....Despite a disappointing collapse in Stillwater, the scenario is the same for West Virginia. A week after winning a thriller against Texas, West Virginia met a salty Oklahoma State team with a chance to also stay relevant in the playoff chase. Instead, they blew a 17-point first half lead and left Stillwater with a 45–41 loss. Despite forcing four turnovers, the Mountaineer defense was lit up for a season-high 604 yards. Their Big 12 title hopes now rest with beating Oklahoma at home on Friday night, a team they have lost six straight to and hope that somehow Kansas can beat Texas if they fail to get it done against the Sooners.....

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/11/18/big-12-title-game-oklahoma-texas-west-virginia

As we know, WVU lost to OU by 3 points despite a valiant effort. Had they won the FINAL game of the season they would have played for the BIG 12 championship. That means that YES Holgorsen had WVU in contention and competing for a BIG 12 championship up until the final game of last season.

Unfortunately they met a few better teams in this tough conference and didn't make it--but 3 or 4 pts made the difference.

Now? WVU is getting blown out by Missouri, tossing 4 interceptions to Texas, missing kicks, barely eking out wins over fcs squads, etc. etc.---and all is good with you because you helped chase out the second winningest coach in WVU history.

Do you come here with the sole purpose to troll WVU

You’re so dumb brah. I don’t troll WVU. I troll racist losers like you. The only thing I really have questioned about the program is the Brown hire. I literally just posted that I’m warming up to Brown. I think he is the guy and like the way he coaches.

Loved Holgy and I am a huge supporter of Huggy. My posts are on record. I’ve posted 1000s of times. Go find the ones where I hack on anything other than the joke(for WVU) Big12 or a little bit with the Brown hire. Feel free to repost the ones where I pummel trolls, homers and whatever you call yourself. They make me laugh.

Run off and do that for me haha. Total loser.

Your posting history says otherwise. You lie about lying.

Of course you are a fan of Dana now.

https://westvirginia.forums.rivals.com/threads/my-apologies-to-the-message-board.206558/

You really are dumb brah. For the 1000th time.......I hate the Big12 for WVU. The Conference is overrated and homers like you can’t deal with it. BTW you think this is the year that the Conference(I mean Oklahoma) gets a playoff win haha. Your post proves my point. You prove nothing and claim fake news haha. Find posts where I troll Hugs or Holgy. Find posts where I troll players. Hint.....you won’t. Thousands of posts with no trolling posts. Feel free to list my posts like you have every time haha. Validated my position.

The Big12 has been a massive underachieving Conference and is a one trick pony. Guess what? I feel the same way about the ACC football program. You and your homer handles never played football. I can always tell. If you did you’d be able to see through your emotions. Have a good day fanboy.

There are numerous topics of you trolling WVU.
From recruiting to academics. Just admit it and everyone would be much better.
You cannot. You are a liar. Pretty much lie about everything.

CMU education but don't know there from their, your from you're and to, too and two
Even a WVU graduate knows the differences.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT