ADVERTISEMENT

Why would our fans

bust on Coach Brown? With what he has been given he has done pretty damn good. We always want to run the good coaches off.

I agree 100%

WVU was not set up, stocked or prepared to win this game and it was in contention! What a great effort by the team and the staff! While we all want to win, reasonable fans realized what a huge miracle that would have been. I am pleased with everything, including the breakdowns. I want to see those now, when we are learning, not later when they should be eliminated.

The mere fact, that WVU had Texas on the ropes most of the game, made this a great game. It also exposed Texas far more than the LSU game for them and it showed that WVU has grown since Missouri. Exactly what I wanted - growth.

Kendall had some bad moments, but that was going to happen, he wants to be there and will progress throughout the season, same as the team and the staff. Were, I Neal Brown I would be very pleased with this performance. When he gets to watch film he is going to see a lot of good out there and mistakes that can be fixed.

I have not felt this good about the future of WVU in a long time. Outside of Oklahoma, there is no one left on the schedule we can't beat. We may end up 3rd in the Big-12 this year and I cannot believe I am saying that, but from what I saw, we have what it takes to pull that off and go 9-3/5-2. I doubt we are going to do it, but we are closer than I thought we were in preseason.

Best coaching hire in off season. We beat Texas today by double digits if not for interceptions!!

Reactions: hbeacheer
And missed FG. Won’t accept a loss but this program is going back to the right direction. Played their guts out.

Reactions: sccolaEER
bust on Coach Brown? With what he has been given he has done pretty damn good. We always want to run the good coaches off.

It's what we do. Social Media has made it worse.

People were raking Holgs over the coals as well. He wasn't much good unless he had a QB.

But I support my team 100 percent. We win with 22 and lose with 22. It's a team sport. Some blame goes to the coaches and some to the players.

Its always telling when posters try to claim a coach didnt have a roster to win.

The truth is Brown inherited a terrific roster from a coach that had won the last 3 of 4 against UT.

Last year some of these same players beat Texas in Austin.

You are going to lose players every year, doesnt mean you have to lose. There were some bad coaching calls like the poor clock management at the end of the first half.

There is not a defensive improvement. They were not able to hold down the score.

Offensively its a huge drop off and wont cut it in this conference.

Its always telling when posters try to claim a coach didnt have a roster to win.

The truth is Brown inherited a terrific roster from a coach that had won the last 3 of 4 against UT.

You are going to lose players every year, doesnt mean you have to lose. There were some bad coaching calls like the poor clock management at the end of the first half.

There is not a defensive improvement. They were not able to hold down the score.

Nonsense. WVU lost a ton of talent from 2018, especially on offense. WVU was destined for a sub .500 2019 and may still end up that way, although Brown is turning them around more than I expected.

I was surprised WVU was able to hang with Texas as long as they could. The defense did well but got not support from the offense. A decent offense in the 2nd half yesterday and WVU wins the game. In the first 6 WVU possessions in the 2nd half WVU got two first downs and turned the ball over three times.

WVU ended up with a lot of total yards but a lot of those came in garbage time. Texas ran 82 plays to WVUs 69 and if you take away garbage time it was way more slanted than that. The 2nd half was filled with the WVU offense putting the WVU defense quickly back onto the field because of a 3-and-out (bad) or a turnover before they even finished the series (worse).

You are right. Fire Brown. Shut down the program. It can never get any better. This is how it will always be. Buckaineer has clearly quit and given up on the program, so everyone else should do. Take his lead and quit on the team after losing a game to the 11th ranked team in the country by 11.

All hope is lost. Abandon ship. Turn back in cowardice at this show of adversity just like Buckaineer’s example. Give up. Don’t fight any more, just be a quitter and show how little you all care about the program .

I mean, if buckaineer doesn’t believe in the team based on his always rational perspective, we should all just be quitters too. It is over.

Maybe just start sending your checks to 2-3 Houston where they have shown clear improvement as a program under Holgorsen through a whole 5 games as opposed to the total collapse and failure of Neal Brown and his measles 3-2 failure of a record which proves he just doesn’t know what he is doing.

Everyone, just be a quitter. It is the right thing to do. Just follow the example of Buckaineer because as we all know, if you don’t have your program tolling after 5 games into your tenure, you are a disaster of a dumpster fire failure and should be fired for the mess you have created.

No good coach would EVER lose to a lowly, unaccomplished joke of a nothing happening program like Texas. The loss just proves what Buckaineer has known all along that the football team has fallen to depths unrecoverable from and we should sell the stadium and probably the coliseum too, and just focus on improving our US News ranking.

Take it from Buckaineer, and just be a quitter when the coach your are in love with leaves the team.

It just feels right to be a negative sack of nonsense than to be patient, right Buckaineer.

I agree 100%

WVU was not set up, stocked or prepared to win this game and it was in contention! What a great effort by the team and the staff! While we all want to win, reasonable fans realized what a huge miracle that would have been. I am pleased with everything, including the breakdowns. I want to see those now, when we are learning, not later when they should be eliminated.

The mere fact, that WVU had Texas on the ropes most of the game, made this a great game. It also exposed Texas far more than the LSU game for them and it showed that WVU has grown since Missouri. Exactly what I wanted - growth.

Kendall had some bad moments, but that was going to happen, he wants to be there and will progress throughout the season, same as the team and the staff. Were, I Neal Brown I would be very pleased with this performance. When he gets to watch film he is going to see a lot of good out there and mistakes that can be fixed.

I have not felt this good about the future of WVU in a long time. Outside of Oklahoma, there is no one left on the schedule we can't beat. We may end up 3rd in the Big-12 this year and I cannot believe I am saying that, but from what I saw, we have what it takes to pull that off and go 9-3/5-2. I doubt we are going to do it, but we are closer than I thought we were in preseason.

When you are happy that you looked good losing, you're a loser.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
WVU, and every school in America loses talent every year.

Holgorsen would have won at least 7 games with his talent and players--only didn't once. To now excuse away the present coach (who can still win 7 games, but it won't be easy) makes no sense. There is lots of talent on the team. Top returning RB corps in the BIG 12 coming into the season.

Well regarded QB transferred in.

But so far we've seen the defense giving up huge points against decent teams. Where's improvement? We've gotten a horrid loss, another double digit loss to a ranked opponent, two close wins against an fcs program and the worst program in the conference. Lots of coaching mistakes, penalties, very poor special teams play. Only looked sound in one game.

Holgorsen would have been smeared silly for such a performance but some of you are now doing a 360 and its ok for WVU to be performing like this?

The BIG 12 is a very tough conference with little dropoff from top to bottom, but so many said that anyone could step in and do better than the last coach. Well he went 3 out of 4 wins against UT the last 4 games. Many of the same players on the team just last year that won in Austin.

Brown isn't beating ranked or good teams, just a lowly fcs and bottom dwelling Kansas, and that was just barely. No need to pretend this is some sort of improvement.

ISU up next we'll see what he can do against what should be an evenly matched opponent.

Last edited:
We will see.
WVU gets the third shot at Baylor.
I think they may still be undefeated by the time they play WVU.

I guess Matt Rhule feels like he doesn't have to ask permission. Most would love to see WVU skulldrag them in Waco and put them back under the bed.

2019-16.png

WVU, and every school in America loses talent every year.

Holgorsen would have won at least 7 games with his talent and players--only didn't once. To now excuse away the present coach (who can still win 7 games, but it won't be easy) makes no sense. There is lots of talent on the team. Top returning RB corps in the BIG 12 coming into the season.

Well regarded QB transferred in.

But so far we've seen the defense giving up huge points against decent teams. Where's improvement? We've gotten a horrid loss, another double digit loss to a ranked opponent, two close wins against an fcs program and the worst program in the conference. Lots of coaching mistakes, penalties, very poor special teams play. Only looked sound in one game.

Holgorsen would have been smeared silly for such a performance but some of you are now doing a 360 and its ok for WVU to be performing like this?

The BIG 12 is a very tough conference with little dropoff from top to bottom, but so many said that anyone could step in and do better than the last coach. Well he went 3 out of 4 wins against UT the last 4 games. Many of the same players on the team just last year that won in Austin.

Brown isn't beating ranked or good teams, just a lowly fcs and bottom dwelling Kansas, and that was just barely. No need to pretend this is some sort of improvement.

ISU up next we'll see what he can do against what should be an evenly matched opponent.

Holgorsen had a dark horse heisman candidate QB give up and quit on the year this season, so don’t give me that crap about how Holgorsen would have done this or that. As I said, you’ve quit, so the fact that we still have 7 more games to play this season prior to bowl season is a waste of time to point out to you.

You are the prototypical sky is falling chicken little.

Reactions: Euell
He is setting you up and you far for it.

Never seen a fanbase fight over old and new coaches as much as WVU.
It is a troll. Plus you go all in on the new coach and set him up for failure.

Dana had some things you like and had some things you didn't.
Neal Brown isn't perfect as well. Like I said he was passed over because of the lack of developing NFL prospects.
Tom Herman at Houston in his two years had more players drafted at Houston than any coach since 1996 and 1997.
Neal Brown while at Troy only had one player drafted by the NFL.

There was some things you liked about Dana and his ability to evaluate talent.

D'Eriq King was brought into Houston to play WR. He started at Manvel at QB but Tom Herman and his staff saw him as a WR.

The new offensive staff saw him as a QB after Herman. Herman had brought in the current starter for Carolina Kyle Allen to play QB for the 2017 season.

Dana made the right choice at QB. Tune is much better at what he wants to do.

He is setting you up and you far for it.

Never seen a fanbase fight over old and new coaches as much as WVU.
It is a troll. Plus you go all in on the new coach and set him up for failure.

Dana had some things you like and had some things you didn't.
Neal Brown isn't perfect as well. Like I said he was passed over because of the lack of developing NFL prospects.
Tom Herman at Houston in his two years had more players drafted at Houston than any coach since 1996 and 1997.
Neal Brown while at Troy only had one player drafted by the NFL.

There was some things you liked about Dana and his ability to evaluate talent.

D'Eriq King was brought into Houston to play WR. He started at Manvel at QB but Tom Herman and his staff saw him as a WR.

The new offensive staff saw him as a QB after Herman. Herman had brought in the current starter for Carolina Kyle Allen to play QB for the 2017 season.

Dana made the right choice at QB. Tune is much better at what he wants to do.

The WVU fan base fights over coaches because we have been splintered since Don Nehlen retired. Parts of the fan base have liked each successive coach to take on the role but none have been universally accepted. In many ways, you could say Don Nehlen left some big shoes to fill and no one has been able to do it so far.

After three partially successful/partially failed coaches, each for their own reasons, WVU finds itself with someone who is yet again not like those from the past. But, because the WVU fan base is now a much older demographic than it was when this started in 1999, the last 20 years have left many feeling less tolerant of change. We all know what we want, but we have had a new coach cry wolf so many times now we no longer listen to words and demand instant results in our impatience.

Some of this comes from people like Buck, who has a personal attachment to Dana for reasons only he can explain. There are those that still get misty-eyed when talking about Bill and of course, there are more than a few that still burn a candle for The Product. None of these fans have any desire to give Neal Brown a chance to sink or swim, because he is not their guy. Even if Neal Brown wins they will never think of him as their guy. They will lurk in the background, grumbling at each win that is chalked up under Brown's tenure. They will pollute the board with garbage when things do not go to some self-preordained script and each time WVU loses they will roll out of the shadows and scream to all of those that will rise up to the bait at what an awful coach Brown is.

For some of these fans it is a religion, they make multiple accounts to post self-supporting ideas that deceptively try to create a consensus, when it is just one or two people talking to themselves because they are angry about the way life has turned out for them. They can't enjoy the success after painting themselves into the corner without looking like a fool, but for many of them, they have little shame and personal accountability is an odd notion they believe only Neal Brown should be held too.

This will not end, ever, until these fans pass beyond. They have become what they are and there is no going back for them, admitting they might be wrong is would force them to tear down all of their animosity they have built up in the last 20 years. They are invested in Neal Brown's failure and they await the next moment they can splash a spotlight on any blemish. It is all about them, not Brown, not even WVU. They stopped being fans of WVU a long time ago because they have become a fan of themselves. They masquerade here as a Mountaineer as only someone with a sullied soul filled with venom can, etching out some happiness in the misfortune of the team or its true fans.

Pity them.

Last edited:
The WVU fan base fights over coaches because we have been splintered since Don Nehlen retired. Parts of the fan base have liked each successive coach to take on the role but none have been universally accepted. In many ways, you could say Don Nehlen left some big shoes to fill and no one has been able to do it so far.

After three partially successful/partially failed coaches, each for their own reasons, WVU finds itself with someone who is yet again not like those from the past. But, because the WVU fan base is now a much older demographic than it was when this started in 1999, the last 20 years have left many feeling less tolerant of change. We all know what we want, but we have had a new coach cry wolf so many times now we no longer listen to words and demand instant results in our inpatients.

Some of this comes from people like Buck who has a personal attachment to Dana for reasons only he can explain. There are those that still get misty-eyed when talking about Bill and of course, there are more than a few that still burn a candle for The Product. None of these fans have any desire to give Neal Brown a chance to sink or swim, because he is not their guy. Even if Neal Brown wins they will never think of him as their guy. They will lurk in the background, grumbling at each win that is chalked up under Browns tenure. They will pollute the board with garbage when things do not go to some self-preordained script and each time WVU wins they will roll out of the shadows and scream to all of those that will rise up to the bait at what an awful coach Brown is.

For some of these fans it is a religion, they make multiple accounts to posting self-supporting ideas that deceptively try to create a consensus, when it is just one or two people talking to themselves because they are angry about the way life has turned out for them. They can't enjoy the success after painting themselves into the corner without looking like a fool, but for many of them, they have little shame and personal accountability is an odd notion they believe only Neal Brown should be held too.

This will not end, ever, until these fans pass beyond. They have become what they are and there is no going back for them, admitting they might be wrong is tears down all of their animosity they have built up in the last 20 years. They are invested in Neal Brown's failure and they await the next moment they can splash a spotlight on any blemish. It is all about them, not Brown or even WVU. They stopped being fans of WVU a long time ago because they have become a fan of themselves, but they masquerade here as a Mountaineer as only someone with a sullied soul filled with venom can, etching out some happiness in the misfortune of the team or its true fans.

Pity them.

In other words, some people can't stop living in the past.

RR and did not want to be at WVU and we've hashsed it over a million times.

And whatever you thought of Stew's canning, it was long ago and it turned out he unfortunately wasn't long for this earth (and thus the WVU job) anyway.

And Holgy left and probably just a year before he was going to be shown the door anyway. We were able to part ways with a coach without animosity, which is always the preferred method.

So why are we haggling over RR, Stew & Holgy? Brown is the coach now. Let's worry about this week and this season and his tenure in general. If he does well we'll try to keep him and if he doesn't we'll get someone else And if that's not enough to occupy people then they should do something else besides hashing over guys from the past. It's 2019 and there are lots of interesting things to do, see, read, etc, even for people of ordinary means.

I love WVU football but even so I don't see the point in talking about things there are no point in talking about, like coaches from the past.

ETA: The more I think about it the sillier it is. Two of the last three coaches left voluntarily and the other one wasn't going to coach at WVU much longer under any circumstance. And the one before those three (Nehlen) left voluntarily. It has been 40 years (since Frank Cignetti Sr. was fired in 1979), that WVU got rid of a coach that they could have kept for the long term instead, so worrying about them is pointless. Frank Cignetti Sr., BTW, turns 82 years old on Tuesday. Bless him.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="The truth is Brown inherited a terrific roster

Surely you jest[/QUOTE]

Even if Brown did inherit a terrific roster (he didn't), it would still take a few years for the jury to come back on what kind of coach he is. Saying he inherited a terrific roster is just sh*t-stirring. There are better things to do. People need to go take a walk or something.

Surely you jest

Even if Brown did inherit a terrific roster (he didn't), it would still take a few years for the jury to come back on what kind of coach he is. Saying he inherited a terrific roster is just sh*t-stirring. There are better things to do. People need to go take a walk or something.[/QUOTE]

I think you may have misunderstood me. It is my opinion that Brown did not inherit a terrific roster and that was one of the reasons that Holgorsen chose to leave his old position for the one in Houston. I'm hoping that Kendall will see the kind of improvement that Trickett did from year one to year two. If that happens, we'll be in much better shape next year.

Surely you jest

Even if Brown did inherit a terrific roster (he didn't), it would still take a few years for the jury to come back on what kind of coach he is. Saying he inherited a terrific roster is just sh*t-stirring. There are better things to do. People need to go take a walk or something.[/QUOTE]

Correct.

Just like Holgs inherited a fantastic team and had them for 2 years.

I see Brown as gutting the building and rebuilding it from the foundation and the studs. Hope we give him time without bitching like a bunch of school girls.

Even if Brown did inherit a terrific roster (he didn't), it would still take a few years for the jury to come back on what kind of coach he is. Saying he inherited a terrific roster is just sh*t-stirring. There are better things to do. People need to go take a walk or something.

I think you may have misunderstood me. It is my opinion that Brown did not inherit a terrific roster and that was one of the reasons that Holgorsen chose to leave his old position for the one in Houston. I'm hoping that Kendall will see the kind of improvement that Trickett did from year one to year two. If that happens, we'll be in much better shape next year.[/QUOTE]

No, I get it, you aren't one of the guys relentlessly on Brown's case, rather the other guy is. I agree with you but my point is that, even if Brown did inherit a terrific roster (he didn't) then it still wouldn't speak to how good a coach he is in the long term. My point is that the relentless criticism of him is not only pointless, it's irrelevant.

People should wait until Brown has a track record to criticize or praise him for. It's like when people talk incessantly in the off season is about how the team is going to be next season. We don't know how the team is going to be until the season starts so in the off season people should go take a walk or do something else now and then.

Reactions: WVUALLEN

Fans are fickle and stupid. I mean when you have some people saying that Holgorsen would have competed for the Big 12 this year when he didn't last year while having a much better roster, logic isn't their strong suit. WVU lost primarily because of turnovers setting up Texas with a short field resulting in 21 Texas points. Second would be poor 3rd down defense where WVU would allow TU to easily convert 3rd and long multiple times on a drive. Third would be inability to run the ball consistently. WVU would have had the same problems no matter who the coach was as our WR corps would be the same, Oline players would be the same, our defense would have been worse because of the coordinator and not the personnel, and the QB would have been either Kendall or Allison and not Grier. If anyone listens to Brown's post game and Tuesday press conferences compared to Dana and cannot see a big difference in the approach to the game, they are stupid. I don't always agree with Brown, but you can tell he is looking at the game on the micro level and cites specific instances and plays to make a point rather than just cliches about "all three sides of the ball." Holgorsen inherited a team with an offense arguably better than last year. (Grier is better than Geno, but Tavon and Stedman were even more dynamic than Jennings and Sills.) Then WVU took a big nose dive. Now inheriting a great roster can result in a decline the next 2 seasons, but a 4-8 disaster with a loss to Kansas and multiple blowout losses reflects poorly on the coaching staff. Brown definitely did not inherit the level of talent Holgorsen did when he first came in and even if he had stayed, WVU was looking at 5-7 wins with him at the helm. Some folks are just plain idiots and will make judgments without having any legitimate reasons. The folks who routinely trash Brown on this board usually just point to losses while ignoring any other mitigating factors. Funny thing is, some will act as though the same mitigating factors are legitimate when involving a different coach. Bottom line is that Brown is the coach that WVU has and it would be stupid to not give him at least 3 seasons before making a judgement on whether he stays head coach at WVU or not.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
3 seasons? I would give him 5.

That is why I said at least 3. Unless WVU goes less than .500 all 3 seasons, gets in trouble with NCAA, or having multiple players acting like Aaron Hernandez without any real discipline I would say he gets more than 3 to get over the hump. Anyone school that thinks differently will never have a good coach because just about all coaches including Saban and Meyer did not become world beaters at non-blue blood schools without a season or 2.

Holgorsen had a dark horse heisman candidate QB give up and quit on the year this season, so don’t give me that crap about how Holgorsen would have done this or that. As I said, you’ve quit, so the fact that we still have 7 more games to play this season prior to bowl season is a waste of time to point out to you.

You are the prototypical sky is falling chicken little.

You have your mouth to run to claim it wouldn't happen.

I have historical records behind my statements.

You are blinded by illogical hatred of the second winningest coach at WVU.

Holgorsen had WVU in contention for the BIG 12 title up until the last game of the season. He routinely beat Texas--something Brown has not shown he can do. Holgorsen's offense was top ten during last season. Brown's offense is ranked 105 of 130 schools.

Brown, as I said before, has a long way to go to be in the same conversation of the quality of coaching of Holgorsen at WVU.

So far the only result of note is beating NC State--a team whose only wins are against East Carolina, Western Carolina and Ball State.

Terrific roster? Care to back that up with a fact clown?

Fans are fickle and stupid. I mean when you have some people saying that Holgorsen would have competed for the Big 12 this year when he didn't last year while having a much better roster, logic isn't their strong suit. WVU lost primarily because of turnovers setting up Texas with a short field resulting in 21 Texas points. Second would be poor 3rd down defense where WVU would allow TU to easily convert 3rd and long multiple times on a drive. Third would be inability to run the ball consistently. WVU would have had the same problems no matter who the coach was as our WR corps would be the same, Oline players would be the same, our defense would have been worse because of the coordinator and not the personnel, and the QB would have been either Kendall or Allison and not Grier. If anyone listens to Brown's post game and Tuesday press conferences compared to Dana and cannot see a big difference in the approach to the game, they are stupid. I don't always agree with Brown, but you can tell he is looking at the game on the micro level and cites specific instances and plays to make a point rather than just cliches about "all three sides of the ball." Holgorsen inherited a team with an offense arguably better than last year. (Grier is better than Geno, but Tavon and Stedman were even more dynamic than Jennings and Sills.) Then WVU took a big nose dive. Now inheriting a great roster can result in a decline the next 2 seasons, but a 4-8 disaster with a loss to Kansas and multiple blowout losses reflects poorly on the coaching staff. Brown definitely did not inherit the level of talent Holgorsen did when he first came in and even if he had stayed, WVU was looking at 5-7 wins with him at the helm. Some folks are just plain idiots and will make judgments without having any legitimate reasons. The folks who routinely trash Brown on this board usually just point to losses while ignoring any other mitigating factors. Funny thing is, some will act as though the same mitigating factors are legitimate when involving a different coach. Bottom line is that Brown is the coach that WVU has and it would be stupid to not give him at least 3 seasons before making a judgement on whether he stays head coach at WVU or not.

WVU DID compete for the BIG 12 title last year. Had they won the final game of the season they would have been in the BIG 12 championship.

And that is the problem with LIARS. You have no argument for any of the trash you've spewed about WVUs program the past 8 years so you make b.s. up and deny, deny, deny.

The present coach has the QB throwing picks left and right, no defense, multiple coaching mistakes that cost real points, bad special teams.....all things you've railed against WVU about for years.

Who knows how long WVU will spend with this coach, there's still alot of football to be played but it isn't getting any easier. But the results to date have not been good despite people like you who know nothing about football but like to run your mouth on emotion only.

You have your mouth to run to claim it wouldn't happen.

I have historical records behind my statements.

You are blinded by illogical hatred of the second winningest coach at WVU.

Holgorsen had WVU in contention for the BIG 12 title up until the last game of the season. He routinely beat Texas--something Brown has not shown he can do. Holgorsen's offense was top ten during last season. Brown's offense is ranked 105 of 130 schools.

Brown, as I said before, has a long way to go to be in the same conversation of the quality of coaching of Holgorsen at WVU.

So far the only result of note is beating NC State--a team whose only wins are against East Carolina, Western Carolina and Ball State.
Your dad is a drunk Logan.

Terrific roster? Care to back that up with a fact clown?

If you don't think so then YOU back up your claim it isn't .

These players came from some of the better classes in WVU recruiting and were a top ten offense just last year, and also were in contention for the BIG 12 championship up until the last game of the regular season. They returned what was expected to be the TOP RB core in the BIG 12.

Kendall was well regarded coming from OU, and Brown has him throwing picks left and right costing games--the same thing idiots were bashing Holgorsen for when a QB threw fewer picks.

also important to note Brown chased off at least 9 players from the roster--many quality STARTERS. He had a roster to WIN right away and whittled it down and now we see the results.

Neal Brown made the correct choice at the end of the half.
There was too much time on the clock. Actually was bailed out on an offsides penalty.

Called momentum. In a 21-14 game with 1:30 left you only go for a TD if you get the ball in the second half.
It would have been dangerous to go three and out and allow Texas the ball back with a minute.

Majority of football coaches would have done the same thing.
That offsides penalty gave WVU a shot and Neal Brown attempted to move the ball while draining the clock.

For whatever reason both FG kickers missed 3 45+ yard FGs.

Those are the two best kickers in the Big 12.
Your stadium isn't the easiest place to kick a FG on that end because of the openings.

Neal Brown made the correct choice at the end of the half.
There was too much time on the clock. Actually was bailed out on an offsides penalty.

Called momentum. In a 21-14 game with 1:30 left you only go for a TD if you get the ball in the second half.
It would have been dangerous to go three and out and allow Texas the ball back with a minute.

Majority of football coaches would have done the same thing.
That offsides penalty gave WVU a shot and Neal Brown attempted to move the ball while draining the clock.

For whatever reason both FG kickers missed 3 45+ yard FGs.

Those are the two best kickers in the Big 12.
Your stadium isn't the easiest place to kick a FG on that end because of the openings.

poor clock management. No other way to describe it. The announcers even brought it up.

poor clock management. No other way to describe it. The announcers even brought it up.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Neal Brown handled that perfectly. You drain the clock and have a chance at a score.

You don't open up your offense and give the ball back with one minute left when the other team gets the ball to start the second half.
That could be a 6-14 point swing depending on if they score

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT