ADVERTISEMENT

Why stop at Bowl games?

Funky Bunch

All-Conference
Mar 30, 2011
How long before a player quits before the regular season is over? Suppose the Oklahoma game didn't matter. Not saying Grier would have sat out, just an example of when someone is going to do this.

Reactions: HerdFanInClt
How long before a player quits before the regular season is over? Suppose the Oklahoma game didn't matter. Not saying Grier would have sat out, just an example of when someone is going to do this.

Nick Bosa kinda did. Got hurt and never came back to prepare for NFL. Had a full year left after this season.

Ive they did, Id assume their scholarship would be forfeited. Really all you can do.

People are free to make decisions for themselves.

How many douchebag threads are some of you going to start?

Get over it already, you whiney little bitches.

Reactions: HairRaid
Just pro rate their scholarships. That would fix it. Skip out on games during the season, and you will be responsible for a percentage of your tuition.

Reactions: RAK
Just pro rate their scholarships. That would fix it. Skip out on games during the season, and you will be responsible for a percentage of your tuition.

If they are intetionally skipping games midseason the coach can dismiss him from the team and the scholarship would be revoked.

Reactions: WVU80ate
Nick Bosa kinda did. Got hurt and never came back to prepare for NFL. Had a full year left after this season.

I don't blame Bosa one bit. Grier could have left after his Jr season and taken less heat than he did for skipping 1 game. And it's pretty much acceptable now for basketball players to leave after one year. Just trying to get a feel for what fans feel players owe them.

Do away with scholarships for everyone at all levels. Eliminate pussy classes for athletes. Everyone earns a right to be in school and play sports for that team. Sounds about right to me. F these prima donnas.

If they are intetionally skipping games midseason the coach can dismiss him from the team and the scholarship would be revoked.

I'd say if that would happen in this time and day, then that coach would be crucified by the media and the AD would end up firing the coach due to pressure from the media.

It would definitely be a shit show but would be interesting to see how it plays out.

I'd say if that would happen in this time and day, then that coach would be crucified by the media and the AD would end up firing the coach due to pressure from the media.

It would definitely be a shit show but would be interesting to see how it plays out.

I don't think so.

If a player refused to play, no reason to keep him on roster. Our just bench him indefinitely.

Much agreed. Liberals would call it discrimination or racism

Football players are tougher than sport forum trollers

Kids should get some money enough to blow and put in a trust till they graduate or move on and they should bring back the video games, jersey sales, let them sign advertising deals: that’d help w lot of it. College athletes get a lot of benefits to go but also work very hard. I don’t think they should get it all at once so they have a nest egg out of college. Some good college players never earn money off of playing in college

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT