ADVERTISEMENT

Why did Teddy Allen not play

Because we’d rather see another newcomer turn the ball over and commit fouls while not giving us anything on offense on a nightly basis.

Yeah. Must be doghouse. Cause we couldn’t buy a bucket and we had bender out there. Kansas has a small team would’ve been much better off with teddy out there in place of bender.
We have no dribble and drive offense without him. Why did he not get in? Must be in Bob's doghouse big time.

Before the game Tony asked Huggs if this was the type of game Teddy would excel at and Huggs said he didn't think so.

Before the game Tony asked Huggs if this was the type of game Teddy would excel at and Huggs said he didn't think so.

From my observation ................. the only player that excelled last night would be the feller that was blocking shots like they were going out of style. I doubt that Teddy Allen would have hurt the team with his presence on the floor! Warez

Oklahoma isn't Kansas..........KU plays defense, OU doesn't.

What does that have to do with him not getting any time? Wvu couldn’t play defense or offense in the second half and seemed to run out of gas. They could have used his legs at the very least.

You can't win when you bench a guy who is responsible for 25% of your offense. Unless he stole something or commited a crime, then he needs to play. Benching him because he has a chip on his shoulder is the wrong move. Huggs keeps trying to change the character of many of his players. That is great, unless it is that character that makes them great on the court.

You can't win when you bench a guy who is responsible for 25% of your offense. Unless he stole something or commited a crime, then he needs to play. Benching him because he has a chip on his shoulder is the wrong move. Huggs keeps trying to change the character of many of his players. That is great, unless it is that character that makes them great on the court.
I'll go with the Coach, every time with this one.

This. In our first 4 big 12 games teddy and beattle were coming off the bench for 30-40 pts combined. The two losses esa off the bench for 15 or so and not much from beattle.
If teddy doesn’t see the floor someone else from the bench needs to make up those points if west and Dax are off. Hopefully They get it figured out and teddy gets back on the floor soon.

So, let players play no matter what? Attitudes.......horrible habits........ahh, screw discipline. Run the basketball team the way our football coach runs it.........because we know that is the model of excellence around here, not Huggs and the basketball team.

Punching a fan?

I'll go with the Coach, every time with this one.

Good call.

From what I’ve read on the The Blue Lot Huggs is handling a situation in a manner that does hurt the team in the short term so that in the long term (think March) we’ll be better.

Reactions: FallingRun84
That’s because he is a Hall if Fame Coach and you sir are not

Teddy is either really good or really bad this year so far. He needs to shape up and listen to the head coach. In the game of life an 18 year old just needs to grow, learn and mature. Hopefully it pays off.

he's got 800+ wins more than me but
BUT, It's obvious WVU needs a natural scorer. ...

after 60 pts in 3 games
then he rides the bench....

with 800 wins and a 4 mill contract per year job security
i guess we automatically are not allowed to ask the obvious ....

i think we have legit chance at final 4

maybe coach is a dinasor
or he has brain freeze...

better get Teddy Allen
quality mins and live w it

Why do people automatically think playing Teddy Allen would have meant a victory against KU? Sure, he was a stud against K-State, but what did he do against Texas Tech?

No one said it would guarantee a victory. But it would not have went against the odds of us winning.

No one said it would guarantee a victory. But it would not have went against the odds of us winning.

Why would it help the odds? You could guarantee he would have played like he did against K-State? And not like he did against Texas Tech?

So, let players play no matter what? Attitudes.......horrible habits........ahh, screw discipline. Run the basketball team the way our football coach runs it.........because we know that is the model of excellence around here, not Huggs and the basketball team.

Well played.

No one gets this. The only way you get a team of average talent (WVU) to win a NC is an "all in" mentality. Letting a FR be a diva will screw that up. Huggs system is predicated on a team first culture.

Teddy might have a little Schifino (where's my touches?) in him. Huggs will fix that shit.

And, in those 5 minutes, what happened? Exactly my point.

Are you serious? How many times has Carter gone 5 minutes without contributing much? I would wager more often than you could imagine. 5 minutes isn't enough time to figure out if a player is doing well or not. Or is that just the average of how long you watch one of these games?

Are you serious? How many times has Carter gone 5 minutes without contributing much? I would wager more often than you could imagine. 5 minutes isn't enough time to figure out if a player is doing well or not. Or is that just the average of how long you watch one of these games?

One difference.....JC is a senior who has proven himself over 3 1/2 years and has conformed to Huggs style and attitude he wants........Teddy is a talented freshman who has shown signs of struggling with both......

So, you agree that there is no logic for the decision other than Carter is a senior... This could be why we don't get more 4-5* guys. And before you state that Huggs doesn't like to go after one and dones, not every 5* player leaves after one year, and even less 4* players do.

I heard the reason why Teddy Buckets did not play was because he told Coach Harrison to suck his d**k in practice.

Sometimes riding the bench for a bit will remind good players of their role and who's in charge. When they come back, they play like they don't want to ride the bench anymore. I used to see Coach Barksdale (Beckley - Woodrow Wilson High School) do that on occasion. Once in a State HS Basketball Quarterfinals I saw him pull all his starters for lackluster play and bad attitudes and put the backups in the game instead. They played their hearts out when they got that opportunity. It didn't take long to make an impression on the starters. They went back in and played lights out and won. Pine bench tune-ups are usually for a good reason.

something you all may want to
consider is the
Press Virginia smothering defense "taxes" WVUs offense. ...it just doesn't JUST smother the opposition but it depletes WVUs own offense. ..

Carter/Miles are shooting better lately,
but their game is defense

ok, if that is legit then when does WVU transaction to scoring offense while playing some Press Virginia. ...

aka enter Teddy Allen

last year WVUs final game,
WVU shot a putrid 27% to be eliminated ..

put the ball in the hole....these comparison to Drew Schifino (spell) is dumb...BeiLein got "a pass" in that, because he was a 1st year coach ....
a 20ppg player does not grow on trees

play to win
not just tournament qualified ...

same ole sht

letting
Drew Shrifino leave (for Beilein)
was a major mistake ....

I'm not saying
Teddy Allen is Drew Schifino

but how will we know

I admired Huggs for doing what very few would do, but the net result punished the entire team. Guys coming off the bench have to give quality minutes. Allen was doing that. West is completely lost on defense and a day late getting back to his wide open defender who jacks a 3. Dax Miles is also hurting this team so when some of your guys are hurting you and your backups are delivering, it’s even worse to sit a key contributor when you need him the most. Let’s hope this message about attitude got through because I can not stand to watch another game that we give away.

I admired Huggs for doing what very few would do, but the net result punished the entire team. Guys coming off the bench have to give quality minutes. Allen was doing that. West is completely lost on defense and a day late getting back to his wide open defender who jacks a 3. Dax Miles is also hurting this team so when some of your guys are hurting you and your backups are delivering, it’s even worse to sit a key contributor when you need him the most. Let’s hope this message about attitude got through because I can not stand to watch another game that we give away.

fuking Aaaaa

great answer. ...

So, you agree that there is no logic for the decision other than Carter is a senior... This could be why we don't get more 4-5* guys. And before you state that Huggs doesn't like to go after one and dones, not every 5* player leaves after one year, and even less 4* players do.

No, we have a coach that won't let the players run the show and act whichever way they want to act.......you don't get it, and that's OK.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT