ADVERTISEMENT

When the Big XII left overs merge with the AAC...

EERs 3:16

Heisman Winner
Oct 17, 2001
does that mean the AAC becomes a power conference or is it still left out in the cold?

It means...
fuxjLx.gif

12 team playoff last year Cincinnati gets in.
The three previous years Memphis gets in and UCF gets in twice

Matters who they add
A lot of things are up in there air
Heard 3-5 teams
Oklahoma State
Tx Tech
WVU
Iowa State
Kansas

OK State/ TX Tech could end up in the PAC 12. They might have the best chance
ISU/KU could end up in the B1G Their chance is next to zero
WVU could end up in the ACC. Heard ESPN isn’t interested at all

Say they add those 5 I don’t see a chance at all for them not be able to do it
Even possibly get two teams in…
It is ran by ESPN

A lot of these schools will get matchups against SEC/ACC schools

Sun Belt could be the threat
Heard Baylor is the one who is trying to collect the $$$$. They are also big making threats about lawsuits
They will help Liberty get into the Sun Belt and join themselves
Sun Belt has some decent football programs and ones who have a good chance to make noise in a 12

Coastal possibly could have beaten Cincinnati last year

BYU is also ESPN property…They would be an interesting school to keep an eye on
They are a P5 school in the minds of some conferences when it comes to scheduling

Matters who they add
Heard 3-5 teams
Oklahoma State
Tx Tech
WVU
Iowa State
Kansas

It is ran by ESPN

Heard Baylor is the one who is trying to collect the $$$$. They are also big making threats about lawsuits
Sun Belt has some decent football programs and ones who have a good chance to make noise in a 12

Clueless

• Haha
Reactions: KingCoal
ESPN goal is to get the best of the best, and bankrupt the other schools.

Teams like Wake Forest, K-State, maybe even WVU will probably be hung out to dry, if they're successful in this insurrection.

Screw ESPN and Texas.

B1G needs to stay put, and call their bluff, just to save college football as we know it.

ESPN goal is to get the best of the best, and bankrupt the other schools.

Teams like Wake Forest, K-State, maybe even WVU will probably be hung out to dry, if they're successful in this insurrection.

Screw ESPN and Texas.

B1G needs to stay put, and call their bluff, just to save college football as we know it.
Money rules and even Ohio State and Michigan are greedy enough to change the mind of a few. They will have to find a way to strengthen their west division teams.

No….

Think business
The most important investment is obviously the one you threw money at
So for ESPN it is SEC

ACC is their worst investment. They don’t want to put anymore money into that conference than they have to.
Because the reasoning for their investment doesn’t change by adding more schools.
The reasoning for those schools is to keep them out of the B1G
There is no threat from the B1G with WVU so they have no leverage with ESPN

But the conferences that can get ratings near the ACC with 1/2 the investment is the goldmine…..

This is why as of today it is the best option for some schools.
Look at what ESPN did for BYU last year. The reason why BYU became a household name last year
1) Pandemic took away a lot of content
2) ESPN pays pennies on the dollar to BYU but BYU was bringing in solid ratings

So with something like that ESPN will be more likely to invest in.

Matters who they add
Heard 3-5 teams
Oklahoma State
Tx Tech
WVU
Iowa State
Kansas

It is ran by ESPN

What about a contract bowl in that configuration?

What about a contract bowl in that configuration?
ESPN pretty much controls the entire bowl lineup as well.
This won’t be an issue. Will be placed in much better bowls because of the fact that without the Big 12 some spots are cleared up.
Texas Bowl or the Camping World are in AAC cities
Don’t see a huge decrease in bowl revenue unless it decreases across the board because of a 12 team CFP

No….

Think business
So for ESPN it is SEC

ACC is their worst investment. They don’t want to put anymore money into that conference than they have to.
Because the reasoning for their investment doesn’t change by adding more schools.

But the conferences that can get ratings near the ACC with 1/2 the investment is the goldmine…..

Look at what ESPN did for BYU last year. The reason why BYU became a household name last year

Think investment long as well as short term if you are going to go the business route. Among the investments of ESPN are the SEC and the ACC. They are two very different entities but both important.

The SEC is their immediate cash cow due to the SECN being well established and a handful of teams drawing high viewership and ratings. They will only add teams that will generate substantial viewership and ratings. You do not cut a pie into more slices without increasing the size of the pie. Those large payouts have to be well more than covered by the income the broadcasts generate to give ESPN a much needed boost in cash flow.

The ACC is their long term investment with modest profits now, but potentially high long term growth in returns. The ACCN was started with the conference schools' money, not ESPN's. The network's investment was minimal, but they control the dividends paid out to the schools each year.

Due to overlap in the broadcast footprint, the ACCN started out as a tough sell. It is now starting to pick up 'investors'. Dish Network now requires a subscription to ACCN as well as SECN in the conference area. Comcast also recently signed on generating up to 10 million more subscribers. As different entities begin carrying the games in a variety of media, so does income. It's a long term investment.

The Big 12 was neither, with limited numbers, a small footprint, and no Big 12 Network. They cashed in that investment. To wrap it up, if you own McDonalds, Burger King. and Wendy's you don't shut down Wendy's to increase the market share of McDonalds, your biggest producer. It's self defeating and while you weren't looking, Chick-Fil-A just passed even McDonalds in market share. Think outside the bun, my friend.

Reactions: Panthergrowl13
Think investment long as well as short term if you are going to go the business route. Among the investments of ESPN are the SEC and the ACC. They are two very different entities but both important.

The SEC is their immediate cash cow due to the SECN being well established and a handful of teams drawing high viewership and ratings. They will only add teams that will generate substantial viewership and ratings. You do not cut a pie into more slices without increasing the size of the pie. Those large payouts have to be well more than covered by the income the broadcasts generate to give ESPN a much needed boost in cash flow.

The ACC is their long term investment with modest profits now, but potentially high long term growth in returns. The ACCN was started with the conference schools' money, not ESPN's. The network's investment was minimal, but they control the dividends paid out to the schools each year.

Due to overlap in the broadcast footprint, the ACCN started out as a tough sell. It is now starting to pick up 'investors'. Dish Network now requires a subscription to ACCN as well as SECN in the conference area. Comcast also recently signed on generating up to 10 million more subscribers. As different entities begin carrying the games in a variety of media, so does income. It's a long term investment.

The Big 12 was neither, with limited numbers, a small footprint, and no Big 12 Network. They cashed in that investment. To wrap it up, if you own McDonalds, Burger King. and Wendy's you don't shut down Wendy's to increase the market share of McDonalds, your biggest producer. It's self defeating and while you weren't looking, Chick-Fil-A just passed even McDonalds in market share. Think outside the bun, my friend.
ACC isn’t a long term investment
The investment in the ACC was to prevent additional schools from jumping to FOX
Maryland was stupid. More than that FOX was stupid not to just take everyone.

There are schools in the ACC slated to join the SEC when ESPN decides to consolidate.

ESPN did force those schools to pay because like I said it was a bad investment. Was based on need more than anything else because at that time UNC still believed they can survive

UNC won’t survive this. They will have to give in as well or give up playing at the highest level

No….

Think business
So for ESPN it is SEC

ESPN is trying to consolidate all of the best inventory, as their life depends on it. Big tech is getting close to entering the marketplace so they seem to be acting in desperation. My guess is the B12 knows this and will drag this out to hold leverage. We could see Amazon enter the marketplace, making Disney’s pockets not near deep enough. The longer this drags out, the better it is for the WVUs & ISUs of the world.

Of course Texas and ESPN both worked to block a BIG 12 network as well as BIG 12 expansion.

ESPN is trying to consolidate all of the best inventory, as their life depends on it. Big tech is getting close to entering the marketplace so they seem to be acting in desperation. My guess is the B12 knows this and will drag this out to hold leverage. We could see Amazon enter the marketplace, making Disney’s pockets not near deep enough. The longer this drags out, the better it is for the WVUs & ISUs of the world.
Seeing lots in the media that many are getting quite POd about what's going down--in the other power conferences. The playoff expansion is probably going to open market now in 2025 too as a result.

Seeing lots in the media that many are getting quite POd about what's going down--in the other power conferences. The playoff expansion is probably going to open market now in 2025 too as a result.
I believe the 12 team playoff will be put on hold. That will be damaging to ESPN, not to mention UT & OU.

Don’t be so ignorant
If they have large voices they are in on it as well
So they are upset that the B1G aren’t coming out winners

Think whatever you like, my contention is no one is going to leave the ACC for at least 15 years. It would simply be too expensive. That is my humble educated opinion and you certainly have a right to your own.

None of us truly know what is going to happen even tomorrow, but I do know this: If a four star recruit with blazing speed committed to us today, we are NOT headed to the AAC. It doesn't work that way, and he did.

Reactions: Panthergrowl13
Think whatever you like, my contention is no one is going to leave the ACC for at least 15 years. It would simply be too expensive. That is my humble educated opinion and you certainly have a right to your own.

None of us truly know what is going to happen even tomorrow, but I do know this: If a four star recruit with blazing speed committed to us today, we are NOT headed to the AAC. It doesn't work that way, and he did.
ACC as of right now is temporary
To think otherwise would be putting your head in the sand

ACC Basketball had only 7 draft picks
At the end of the day UNC gets their dick hard over basketball and not football
Just realize that the only way the ACC has any chance at all is if they play football

But when it comes down to it
LSU
Arkansas
Texas
Auburn
Alabama
Tennessee
Even OU has a chance but haven’t seen anything yet

All these schools could have better basketball programs than UNC
Not to mention Kentucky

UNC will have three choices
1) Join the SEC
2) Join the B1G
3) Give up on college sports

After the academic scandal it is hard for me to see them give up College sports
Since ESPN controls their TV rights there is a good chance they push them into the SEC
Just a matter of time. Might not be for 15 years…
Could be tomorrow

Don’t be so ignorant
If they have large voices they are in on it as well
So they are upset that the B1G aren’t coming out winners
You think so--read my other post about Gene Smith saying it should go on hold and how pissed everyone is about this mad power grab.

ACC as of right now is temporary
To think otherwise would be putting your head in the sand

ACC Basketball had only 7 draft picks
At the end of the day UNC gets their dick hard over basketball and not football
Just realize that the only way the ACC has any chance at all is if they play football

But when it comes down to it
LSU
Arkansas
Texas
Auburn
Alabama
Tennessee
Even OU has a chance but haven’t seen anything yet

All these schools could have better basketball programs than UNC
Not to mention Kentucky

UNC will have three choices
1) Join the SEC
2) Join the B1G
3) Give up on college sports

After the academic scandal it is hard for me to see them give up College sports
Since ESPN controls their TV rights there is a good chance they push them into the SEC
Just a matter of time. Might not be for 15 years…
Could be tomorrow
Clueless! I don't even know what the hell you're talking about and everything you say in this post is crap!

You think so--read my other post about Gene Smith saying it should go on hold and how pissed everyone is about this mad power grab.
They are doing the same thing in the PAC😂
Did the same thing to the Big 12
Save their hypocritical bullshit

Clueless! I don't even know what the hell you're talking about and everything you say in this post is crap!
Was anything directed at you…
ACC is on the chopping block
Why moving to the conference would put WVU in the same position they were just in
A conference with big names that the SEC and B1G want to continue their war

If WVU is headed to a toilet conference, I wonder why these talented young players keep commiting to them. Curious, isn't it? Don't allow your personal biases to affect logic and reason. Anywhere other than a current P5 conference should cause the immediate dismissal of President Gee and AD Lyons.

We would lose over half of our commits and the transfer portal would be packed like a can of sardines.

If WVU is headed to a toilet conference, I wonder why these talented young players keep commiting to them. Curious, isn't it? Don't allow your personal biases to affect logic and reason. Anywhere other than a current P5 conference should cause the immediate dismissal of President Gee and AD Lyons.

We would lose over half of our commits and the transfer portal would be packed like a can of sardines.

Conference affiliation shouldn’t change how a school recruits
Hope not.
UCF pulls down recruits in the AAC. Houston brought in a Top 10 player

ESPN isn’t adding anyone to the ACC. Don’t know how hard this is for you to understand. More than that this isn’t a life or death decision for WVU

Because getting into the ACC doesn’t mean that much more than the AAC
I understand if it was the B1G/SEC but it isn’t

"Conference affiliation shouldn’t change how a school recruits". It may not change how a school recruits, but it does now and has always affected where recruits go. Now you are being ridiculous not only on this issue but pretending to know exactly what is happening and is going to happen in the crazy world of college football.

Are you a major part of the administration of ESPN? "ESPN isn’t adding anyone to the ACC. Don’t know how hard this is for you to understand." It would be very easy for me to understand if it came from James Pitaro or even Eric Allen, John Anderson or especially Erin Andrews. But it didn't, it came from you.

You may be a nice guy who believes in what he says, but I have never seen you quoted as a news source of any kind by a sports media large or small. Ok, maybe CNN but I certainly would not have believed it. You have not lived long enough to determine what is a life or death decision for WVU.

Does questioning my ability to process information and reach rational conclusions give you credibility as a source of valid information? I certainly hope not, but perhaps I should stay on the Blue Lot and stop wandering over here where mushrooms surely must flourish. Have you ever qualified anything you have ever submitted here as simply your opinion? It would probably be a plus, that's just my opinion.

"Conference affiliation shouldn’t change how a school recruits". It may not change how a school recruits, but it does now and has always affected where recruits go. Now you are being ridiculous not only on this issue but pretending to know exactly what is happening and is going to happen in the crazy world of college football.

Are you a major part of the administration of ESPN? "ESPN isn’t adding anyone to the ACC. Don’t know how hard this is for you to understand." It would be very easy for me to understand if it came from James Pitaro or even Eric Allen, John Anderson or especially Erin Andrews. But it didn't, it came from you.

You may be a nice guy who believes in what he says, but I have never seen you quoted as a news source of any kind by a sports media large or small. Ok, maybe CNN but I certainly would not have believed it. You have not lived long enough to determine what is a life or death decision for WVU.

Does questioning my ability to process information and reach rational conclusions give you credibility as a source of valid information? I certainly hope not, but perhaps I should stay on the Blue Lot and stop wandering over here where mushrooms surely must flourish. Have you ever qualified anything you have ever submitted here as simply your opinion? It would probably be a plus, that's just my opinion.

You are looking for hope where there is none
Saying because a player committed who I believe is around 500 Nationally is a sign that WVU is going to a P5 conference is crazy
More than that you are claiming there would be widespread panic if WVU didn’t get accepted into the P5…Are you a troll.
Is that what you want to happen.

My comments in regards to ESPN. If ESPN wanted WVU into the ACC it would have happened this week. At least the rumors of it happening
Only rumors are message board people who still think that conferences have a say. I am still familiar with a lot of people around the Big 12.
The only threat of the 8 schools remaining to leave as of right now is Tx Tech and OK State to the PAC.
Your president Gordon Gee and AD are one of the main people besides Iowa State who are hardcore about staying together

You just asked if I was a troll! LOL "More than that you are claiming there would be widespread panic if WVU didn’t get accepted into the P5" Could you find that quote anywhere and post it for me please? I didn't think so.

I couldn't help but notice that only 11% of your posts create 'likes'. That is not surprising. I'm in very good company in my assessment of your analytics. Troll much, Mr. Longhorn?

“We would lose over half of our commits and the transfer portal would be packed like a can of sardines.”

I guess you don’t call that panic…

Be careful what you say.
As of right now it looks like WVU is staying or going to the AAC

You are a smart man. At least claim to be

If ESPN wants this move to happen fast
Wouldn’t you think they would be streamlining WVU to the ACC…
Common sense

Either a troll or a very emotional person.
I would go with the latter for now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT