ADVERTISEMENT

What's the news on Manchin's re-election bid?

Op2

All-Conference
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2014
He's up this November, right? And I read he's one of the fence votes on Kavanaugh. Might his vote affect the outcome of the election?

BTW - My guess is Joe is dying to vote yes, but he won't do it if his vote makes 50.
133163-Clay-Davis-Sheeeeeeeit-Gif.gif

He’ll channel his inner Bob Byrd and get us some federal dollars.

1200px-Porky_Pig.svg.png

I was perusing Twiter re. Kavanaugh and I saw someone suggest that Manchin wants to wait until during the WVU-Kansas game on Saturday to do something re. Kavanaugh so that people in WV will be distracted by the football game and won't notice. That actually makes some sense.

Reactions: Airport
I was perusing Twiter re. Kavanaugh and I saw someone suggest that Manchin wants to wait until during the WVU-Kansas game on Saturday to do something re. Kavanaugh so that people in WV will be distracted by the football game and won't notice. That actually makes some sense.

I think the vote is scheduled for 5:00 pm tomorrow.

Like Coop said, he will vote yes unless his vote takes the total ayes to 50. I can’t see the vote tomorrow being any different than today, 51-49.

That's funny. He should just switch parties, he's more republican than where the dem party has gone

Yep, he's always been a DINO.

If he's anything like his Uncle he's going to wait to see where the political parade is going, then jump in front to bang the drum.

I've love Morrisey's ads about Hollywood Joe being against coal. Doesn't that carpetbagging Jersey pill-pusher know ol' Joe owns at least one mine and has interests in others?

That's funny. He should just switch parties, he's more republican than where the dem party has gone
The Republicans may have made it known that the have no room for more Flakes! They already have a quota in Collins, Mckowski)(sp), and the royal FLAKE himself. Maybe unemployment is the best option for Joey!

Last edited:
Collins was the key vote, and her statement could've been made by Trump himself.
Very well done by her. No matter joe's vote I do not see the WV voters returning him to the Senate. Add another who will be supportive of Trump and the outstanding progress being made to fulfill his promises. Maybe the Right could pick up 2, 3 or 4 and have a solid majority.

I think the vote is scheduled for 5:00 pm tomorrow.

Like Coop said, he will vote yes unless his vote takes the total ayes to 50. I can’t see the vote tomorrow being any different than today, 51-49.
His vote in fact makes 50.

Very well done by her. No matter joe's vote I do not see the WV voters returning him to the Senate. Add another who will be supportive of Trump and the outstanding progress being made to fulfill his promises. Maybe the Right could pick up 2, 3 or 4 and have a solid majority.
A couple weeks ago I was undecided about Joe and when the Dems brought out Dr. Ford I thought I will not vote for a dem for federal or state office. I've never been a Morrisey fan but he has my vote because of DJT.

He's a cockroach. He'll survive.

I think he should do a Justice and switch parties. After getting re elected of course. Then he could better represent WV.

Of course, everyone probably knows by now he voted same as S. Collins. Her speech was very strong. Need more like her.

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
I think he should do a Justice and switch parties. After getting re elected of course. Then he could better represent WV.

I thought he would when he went Washington. However, the Manchin's have been Democrats for a long time, it's hard to break from family tradition.

Of course, everyone probably knows by now he voted same as S. Collins. Her speech was very strong. Need more like her.

Right on cue, the tolerant, #MeToo, BelieveAllWomen left is threatening violence against Collins. A despicable bunch.

Blue dog Dems are social middle to progressive, fiscal conservative. That’s me.
But you aren’t remotely that. In the 4 years I’ve been posting on this board you shown that you’re waaaaaay left. You’re a lockstep liberal.

Hahahhaa middle of the road.

Not even close.
You should work on self awareness then. There hasn’t been a GOP initiative in 4 years you’ve supported. You were an unabashed Obamanaught and apologist, hater of anything GOP and Trump, and can’t acknowledge a single thing positive Trump has done. Soooooo moderate. Hahaha

Reactions: eerdoc
You should work on self awareness then. There hasn’t been a GOP initiative in 4 years you’ve supported. You were an unabashed Obamanaught and apologist, hater of anything GOP and Trump, and can’t acknowledge a single thing positive Trump has done. Soooooo moderate. Hahaha

You would think he would be very happy with the economy considering he just stated he's fiscally conservative.

I call troll post.

You would think he would be very happy with the economy considering he just stated he's fiscally conservative.

I call troll post.

"Fiscally conservative" means don't overspend and Trump hasn't changed the US overspending habits.

Reactions: bamaEER
Joe won re-election with his yes vote.

As I understand it, voters in WV want the Senate to pass BK, so in that sense Manchin's vote helps him. But didn't he wait until Collins said she'd vote for BK and thus Manchin's vote became moot? Because if so, Manchin's opponents will claim, he was going to vote against BK if it mattered but since it ended up not mattering he only voted for BK to get votes in the November election.

Joe will easily win re-election....he has my vote. It remains a possibility that he will switch parties......especially after his yes vote for Kavanaugh. He will now be a pariah in the Dem party.

Joe will easily win re-election....he has my vote. It remains a possibility that he will switch parties......especially after his yes vote for Kavanaugh. He will now be a pariah in the Dem party.

I don' know about a pariah, but he's not going to get much funding from the party for a bit. You've got to represent your constituents in most matters, Manchin did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT