ADVERTISEMENT

What im hearing about our QB's

You're seriously arguing about missing on Bagent? Marshall didn't even offer him. He had zero FBS or FCS offers.
As to your supposed inside info about how Allison and Lowe look in practice - it's all speculative.
Let's see what happens on 12/28.
Allison was a highly rated recruit with many P5 offers and seemed to have a nice arm in the mop up TD he threw this year.
He's not mobile, obviously, but let's give the kid a chance to play real minutes in a game before we write him off.

Robert Lowe was our only QB commit from last years class and the problem is the lack of QB development continues(and we passed on an instate kid had some potential)

Reactions: spreadoption
BS. Your "prediction" was that JC and Dax were "easily replaced" and that Knapper and McCabe were instant impact players who would
easily replace Dax Miles.
You don't know shit from shinola and you know nothing about politics.

Lowe is better than Allison but they may not say much. Hopefully Lowe gets a shot in the bowl game.

Tar Heel my prediction is based off a healthy Konate and Culver being here the whole time with no suspension and in shape. My prediction never had a shot because Konate has missed time and hurt and a Culver got suspended and hasn’t played. Even Beetle was out a few games and missed weeks of practice. My prediction was based off everybody playing and healthy.

Lowe needs to get a shot. Dana screws over every dual threat QB that comes here.

Dual Threat doesn't work in the Big XII unless they are a "Dual Threat"

Defenses are too fast laterally and will stack the box.
So a QB needs to take the top off of a defense once or twice.

Boykin could at TCU.

If not they become Alex Delton at K State, Jerrod Heard at Texas, Shawn Robinson at TCU.

You're seriously arguing about missing on Bagent? Marshall didn't even offer him. He had zero FBS or FCS offers.
As to your supposed inside info about how Allison and Lowe look in practice - it's all speculative.
Let's see what happens on 12/28.
Allison was a highly rated recruit with many P5 offers and seemed to have a nice arm in the mop up TD he threw this year.
He's not mobile, obviously, but let's give the kid a chance to play real minutes in a game before we write him off.
Im just hearing the staff has concerns going into next yr with our two current QB's...yes lets wait and see

then why are we active in the grad transfer market? One of these two kids or both are not panning out

We are active in the grad transfer market every year, just because we are looking doesn't mean the coaches think our current guys aren't any good.

The coaches are under great pressure to win, and win now, so if they find someone that can come in here and compete they are going to go get them.

We are active in the grad transfer market every year, just because we are looking doesn't mean the coaches think our current guys aren't any good.

The coaches are under great pressure to win, and win now, so if they find someone that can come in here and compete they are going to go get them.
I agree with this...but we are active in the hurt for a QB...is just for competition and having a camp arm or is it to take over the top slot? I would say that will be determined by practice here in December and performance in the bowl game

When I say dual threat I’m not talking about a Delton type.....I’m talking about someone more like Boykin. A guy that can run or throw but throws well. Trey Lowe has that potential. I believe if they stick with him at QB he could turn out nice.

I don’t think anybody is saying they totally suck but if a really good, experienced grad transfer is available then they are highly interested. Why not?

I think Allison lack of mobility will leave him exposed as a real starting QB. 1 dimensional style won’t stay effective consistently as a full season starter. Lowe just needs to quit baseball if he wants to be a starting QB.

then why are we active in the grad transfer market? One of these two kids or both are not panning out
Good question. QBs never get injured so having only one ready to go for 2019 should no problem.

Reactions: Rootmaster
When I say dual threat I’m not talking about a Delton type.....I’m talking about someone more like Boykin. A guy that can run or throw but throws well. Trey Lowe has that potential. I believe if they stick with him at QB he could turn out nice.

Boykin....
Wasn't all that his first year.
He developed as a passer.
Boykin had a good arm but he didn't have the pocket presence.

If Lowe is going to develop it won't be overnight.
Plus TCU didn't have Allison on their roster.

Any "Dual Threat" QB with an arm is an instant 4 star.
The ones who end up 3 star have issues throwing the ball.

A lot of times it is accuracy and reading defenses.
Most of them rely on their legs way too much.

If I had to pick I would take a QB that can stretch a team vertically instead of laterally.

Mainly because of the LOS....

Once you can stretch a team vertically you have more room to operate sideline to sideline.

If you put a QB in there that can't accurately complete passes 15+ yards from the LOS
WV loses the ability to run the ball.
Plus you can't throw.
You end up looking like TCU this year except on slower defenses.

Lowe played at smaller Tennessee level and got possibly overlooked. He enrolled early and should be ready to play some.

Lowe played at smaller Tennessee level and got possibly overlooked. He enrolled early and should be ready to play some.

So when did you see Lowe play...
You are making claims like you did with McCabe that are coming out of your ass.
Unless of course you have been around the program or saw Lowe in HS.

He played in a recruiting hotbed.
Not too far from Memphis.
Schools like Ole Miss and Arkansas knew about him.
It is not like he played somewhere that does not produce a lot of talent.

Once again...how in the hell would FakeTexasDude know this? You are a joke junior.

My new stalker...

I watched some of Lowe's highlights.

Probably never had a legit QB coach that you see players from Southern California, Texas and now Georgia have.

I did see two legit throws but I am not impressed.
Hopefully WV can get him straightened out. He looks like a leader.
Has proper size and is athletic.

But...
Like I said Bolivar TN is a stone's throw from Ole Miss so it wasn't like Lowe wasn't on anyone's radar.
He is just not polished.
Ole Miss got a kid I am really high on from Southern California last year.

My new stalker...

I watched some of Lowe's highlights.

Probably never had a legit QB coach that you see players from Southern California, Texas and now Georgia have.

I did see two legit throws but I am not impressed.
Hopefully WV can get him straightened out. He looks like a leader.
Has proper size and is athletic.

But...
Like I said Bolivar TN is a stone's throw from Ole Miss so it wasn't like Lowe wasn't on anyone's radar.
He is just not polished.
Ole Miss got a kid I am really high on from Southern California last year.
Go home kid.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Ole Miss sucks and anything affiliated with ghetto dump Mississippi is miserable. SEC schools wanted Lowe and tried to flip him but he fell in love with WVU who is better than the majority of SEC anyway. WVU is a good all sports school too. Morgantown is better than scummy southern low life Mississippi.

In 2018 Ole Miss signed Matt Corral to a LOI.
I thought Corral was the second best QB out of Southern California.
Better than JT Daniels who throws off his back foot.

Like I said with Lowe.

If you watch his highlights his arm slot is incorrect.
You rarely see college level QBs throw the ball like this.

This is why the ball lacks zip and floats.
No follow through

But this can be corrected.
Lowe was not a finished product. Why he was only a 3 star.

Jack Allison is a big arm polished QB.
I doubt Lowe gets any snaps in the bowl game unless the staff have fixed his throwing style.

Dana said 12 times today that Lowe will play in bowl game. It will be really interesting to see him play. He’s got upside if they choose him to develop and make #1.

It's not out with the coaches. They don't like him as he's not a fit for what they're trying to do.
I agree...but was throwing some love to the people calling me crazy, stupid, or just not knowing because of what I have heard and due to us still recruiting a grad transfer. I quess if Allison shows well next week it could change Dana's thoughts but who knows at this point

Ole Miss sucks and anything affiliated with ghetto dump Mississippi is miserable. SEC schools wanted Lowe and tried to flip him but he fell in love with WVU who is better than the majority of SEC anyway. WVU is a good all sports school too. Morgantown is better than scummy southern low life Mississippi.

This may be one of the dumbest posts ever. You literally tried to twist your racist ideas into the reason a kid came to WVU? I don't get your point, but then again nobody with half a brain gets them. Probably why you serve fast food

SEC has a watered down 14 teams. Great at the very top but overatted overall. WVU has a better football program than most of the SEC. We are a better basketball program almost every year than the entire SEC outside of overhyped Kentucky. Maybe Lowe just liked what he saw in WVU. Hot chicks at WVU. Really hot! It’s interracial dating heaven in Morgantown. Very integrated and Morgantown has become bigger and quite impressive to many. It’s not integrated in Mississippi if you know what I mean. Very socially segregated, not much interracial dating. Maybe Lowe liked many things about WVU. SEC schools made late push to flip him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT