ADVERTISEMENT

What im hearing about our QB's

AllEers6

All-Conference
Sep 22, 2011
1. Robert Lowe is very athletic and raw. The jury is still out weather he ever plays QB at WVU

2. At this point Jake Allison is not our future at QB

3. We are active in the transfer market

So we passed on Bagent for someone that may never play QB at WVU? Wow!

Reactions: AllEers6
yep, and most on this board wont get "it"! The kid can flat out play, but hey, Logan is coming in so maybe he can play the position.

They need to get Tyson Bagent on transfer. He can sit out this fall and practice and have 3 years after that. Why not? We don’t recruit other QBs worth a shit anyways.

Lowe could eventually be good but he played against weak small competition down in Tennessee. He looked to have potential but I will wait and see because Dana doesn’t recruit QBs worth a shit from high school.

Allison is not a starter. No way. Too slow and immobile. He is a solid backup. Allison will get Dana fired.

Lowe needs to play in this bowl game. He can still redshirt. Get him some reps. Dana needs to get a dual threat and simplify things if need be. Lowe must play. Allison is not starting material. Too slow. He won’t hold up as a starter. Total waste of time.

Dana better get a good grad transfer.

Lowe needs to play in this bowl game. He can still redshirt. Get him some reps. Dana needs to get a dual threat and simplify things if need be. Lowe must play. Allison is not starting material. Too slow. He won’t hold up as a starter. Total waste of time.

Given your recent track record, Allison needs all the snaps.

from what Im being told both will get him fired if they start next season, and it takes almost a full season to get a QB comfortable in the offense

He got himself fired. He hasn’t done a good job. Period. 90% of WVU fans agree.

Alleers6 your spot on but let’s hope Lowe gets a shot. We need to see some dual threat, running ability in this offense. Lowe has to have more potential and upside than Allison.

Tarheelerr what did I say about Allison and Lowe so far? I predicted Chugs and Ford Childress were terrible. I predicted Millard was terrible. I gave up on Crest way back. Crest was better than Chugs but Dana goofed that up. Crest sucked too though. Total bust.

I already questioned the current QBs but I still got hope in Lowe.

Reactions: lenny4wvu

Alleers6 your spot on but let’s hope Lowe gets a shot. We need to see some dual threat, running ability in this offense. Lowe has to have more potential and upside than Allison.

Tarheelerr what did I say about Allison and Lowe so far? I predicted Chugs and Ford Childress were terrible. I predicted Millard was terrible. I gave up on Crest way back. Crest was better than Chugs but Dana goofed that up. Crest sucked too though. Total bust.

We're Final 4 bound, right?

I think its time we hire an admin person on offense like we have on defense with Bill Legg, but this person does nothing but scout, recruit, and help develop QB's. WE should have brought two QB's in last cycle.

Reactions: lenny4wvu

from what I was told this morning Lowe very well could end up as another Crest, but he does still have time to develop. I would not bet the farm on this one

Who tf is Robert Lowe? We will have QB's. Stop getting your news from The Dude of WV....

Pride- just stop cuz the mods are working you over now. LOL
Robert Lowe was our only QB commit from last years class and the problem is the lack of QB development continues(and we passed on an instate kid had some potential)

Robert Lowe was our only QB commit from last years class and the problem is the lack of QB development continues(and we passed on an instate kid had some potential)

Trey Lowe was rated much higher than Tyson Bagent on the national scope. If you find me 1 site that rated Bagent higher than Lowe, I'll buy the domain.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Whoa! That's quite a predicament, that's like 5 Qb's (recruits) in a row,that aren't good enough to be in our system..I .. seriously hate this for Trey,I hope the young lad doesn't get discouraged and give up on himself.

and you think Bagent would have started at WVU? Seriously.....
I think some people really missed the boat on this kid...I think Dana should at the very least hand placed this kid at a prep school and then brought him in...I saw him play several times this year and some of the throws he made amazing and then figure in he was only 17 years old...if he does not get hurt he will finish his career at Shepherd with over 10,000 yards passing and well over 100 TD passes...this is HOF stats

1. Robert Lowe is very athletic and raw. The jury is still out weather he ever plays QB at WVU

2. At this point Jake Allison is not our future at QB

3. We are active in the transfer market

Could we possibly have this discussion after the bowl game. Both of these QBs deserve to be judged by on field performance, good or bad I'm sure they will be. Of course, we are active in transfer market, at this point ?, jury still out......?

I doubt it. You're trying to have a rational discussion with someone entirely dedicated to the suspension of all logic and reason.
I think the discussion makes sense...we all have heard we are looking for a grad transfer at QB...and that can only be taking place if there are doubts...can the current group of QB's put out the rumor with solid play in the bowl game,sure.

I think the discussion makes sense...we all have heard we are looking for a grad transfer at QB...and that can only be taking place if there are doubts...can the current group of QB's put out the rumor with solid play in the bowl game,sure.
I think it's worth discussing with someone given to reason.

I think some people really missed the boat on this kid...I think Dana should at the very least hand placed this kid at a prep school and then brought him in...I saw him play several times this year and some of the throws he made amazing and then figure in he was only 17 years old...if he does not get hurt he will finish his career at Shepherd with over 10,000 yards passing and well over 100 TD passes...this is HOF stats

He plays on a decent team in a very bad DII league. Let's see how he faces up to better competition in the PSAC.

Reactions: spreadoption
He plays on a decent team in a very bad DII league. Let's see how he faces up to better competition in the PSAC.
PSAC will be a move up but the MEC had a team make it to the final 4 this year. Lost to the winner in QT finals. If you saw some of the throws he made this year you would see why everyone is wondering how this kid got passed over.

I know not of Bagent's talent, but the talent he is going against is so far below B12 talent most can't imagine it.
as someone mentioned to me this year. Where would have he seen better talent? At Fork Union doing a prep year or in D2. The guys said easy, D2 because Fork Union's prep team really plays no one. This is the same person that used to coach in the Sun Belt conference and he told me that Bagent would start as a freshman in the Sun Belt right now. I don't know about the B12 but he would be better then Lowe because he may never play at WVU as a QB

as someone mentioned to me this year. Where would have he seen better talent? At Fork Union doing a prep year or in D2. The guys said easy, D2 because Fork Union's prep team really plays no one. This is the same person that used to coach in the Sun Belt conference and he told me that Bagent would start as a freshman in the Sun Belt right now. I don't know about the B12 but he would be better then Lowe because he may never play at WVU as a QB
than .... but I digress.

How do you know that he will be better than Lowe and how do you know he may never play at WVU as a QB? Where does this come from?

I think its time we hire an admin person on offense like we have on defense with Bill Legg, but this person does nothing but scout, recruit, and help develop QB's. WE should have brought two QB's in last cycle.

Bill Legg isn't on our staff.

ChEpbqt.gif

Grier masked a lot of major issues for WV.

The question becomes can Allison make those throws Down the field to open up the running game or do you need Lowe to open up the running game.

If Lowe can make the throws I say go with him.
But....I doubt he has a huge accurate arm.

WV is not a team that can push the DLine and run the ball without a passing game or a mobile QB.

In the DN years our OL's were formidable. Not so much since RR revamped the O. And it has carried over to the next two HC's.

Everyone has that problem but you can't just put a bunch of 330 guys on the OLine anymore because they lack the foot speed.

But...some of these OLine now are a little light in the ass but they are fast.
Especially the 6'6 300 guys.
Some of them don't even look like OLine because they are long and lean.

Very hard to find 5 OL that can push people off the ball but have the foot speed to play in the modern RPO offense.

Reactions: AllEers6
A lot of the "analysts" on the free board couldn't smell the talent difference between D1 & D2. My buddy transferred from Concord to UMD and he said its night and day.....

He also started at Center for 2 years under the Friedgen regime.

Heres your proof if you don't want to believe me. I was a senior when he played on Varsity with me and we still hangout, drink and play fantasy football....

https://umterps.com/news/2013/4/9/208127000.aspx

Reactions: spartansstink
Did they kick you off the Texas board? Really. You seem to know everything there is to know about WVU football. That truly is impressive that you can sit in Sage Brush, Tx and devine all these things.

You fall into the trap every single time...

A lot of the "analysts" on the free board couldn't smell the talent difference between D1 & D2. My buddy transferred from Concord to UMD and he said its night and day.....

He also started at Center for 2 years under the Friedgen regime.

Heres your proof if you don't want to believe me. I was a senior when he played on Varsity with me and we still hangout, drink and play fantasy football....

https://umterps.com/news/2013/4/9/208127000.aspx
its already been mentioned in this thread a former Sun Belt conference coach saw the kid play this year and said he would start at most of those schools right now. Its also been mentioned that jumped to the Big 12 is huge but if Lowe does not work out then it opens up the debate yet again

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT