ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football vs. Baylor

Considering our defense, getting a score on this first drive of the 3rd quarter is crucial.

We have no defense. It's pick your spot for 50 yard play vs our secondary.

We have no defense. It's pick your spot for 50 yard play vs our secondary.
Yes, but when the QB drops the ball for no reason while back to pass, we're 1-for-1 in converting it to a TD. I think our best strategy is to pray that that happens a couple more times.

Reactions: GoWVU
Yes, but when the QB drops the ball for no reason while back to pass, we're 1-for-1 in converting it to a TD. I think our best strategy is to pray that that happens a couple more times.
Going to need another Turnover to get a shot at the win.

Love how we just keep not doubling Holmes. Great idea, coaches, it’s working so well

Great victory. The team never quit. I hope they build on this.
It's either going to be tight close wins like this or we get blown out. This defense is awful. Turnovers help win games.

It's either going to be tight close wins like this or we get blown out. This defense is awful. Turnovers help win games.
Just 12th time in 41 games under Brown we won the turnover battle. That explains a lot of the losing record

Reactions: WVUALLEN
The defense is like Rain Man. Has no idea what it's doing most of the time but every now and then does something brilliant.

Exciting game and a nice win, in a "I'm happy we won" way rather than a "I felt confident the whole way" way.

It would have been a dark place to be 2-4 with 3 of 6 remaining opponents being ranked. On the down side, our lousy defense will still be out there next game. On the up side, Woods is going to come back eventually and that will help.

• Haha
Reactions: Vernon
The defense is like Rain Man. Has no idea what it's doing most of the time but every now and then does something brilliant.

Exciting game and a nice win, in a "I'm happy we won" way rather than a "I felt confident the whole way" way.

It would have been a dark place to be 2-4 with 3 of 6 remaining opponents being ranked. On the down side, our lousy defense will still be out there next game. On the up side, Woods is going to come back eventually and that will help.
We are also down to just 2 corners right now.

We gave up 40 points and had to rely on a gift TO scoop and score as well as an unlikely PAT block and return. Glad WVU won, but let's not act like there was major improvement. Replace WVU's performance in Austin 11 days ago with WVU's performance tonight and at best WVU improves from a loss by 3 scores to a loss by 2 scores.
If the receivers would have done a better job of catching the ball against Texas, then the game would have been closer

If the receivers would have done a better job of catching the ball against Texas, then the game would have been closer
Either way, the performance tonight still had plenty of errors and doesn't really make me feel as though our odds of winning the upcoming games are better than they were a week ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT