ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football vs. Baylor

WVU 43 Baylor 40

Baylor 0-6 in Morgantown.
I love the win! Sadly for neal it didn't change my mind about him at all. We got lucky to take their starting QB out. It was a different game after that. I still want neal to pack his shit today and climb into a plane, leave and never come back

I love the win! Sadly for neal it didn't change my mind about him at all. We got lucky to take their starting QB out. It was a different game after that. I still want neal to pack his shit today and climb into a plane, leave and never come back
He will have to put together good winning streak to change my mind. He's never won more than 2 straight.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
It’s great to hear the level headed thinking in this fanbase.

The team wins and it’s all because of the players. The team gets beat and it’s Brown’s fault.

Some jagoffs said the reverse with Holgorsen. Neal gets credit for the win and not doing his usual of squandering the opportunity Baylor presented. So it was a better outing than usual, but it is not a huge improvement that makes WVU's odds of winning its upcoming games significantly different than they were after the Texas game.

1 game down 3 to go.

I would be hard pressed to conclude that WVU has increased its chances much against TCU at home, KSU at home, and Oklahoma State on the road after last night So without an upset among those WVU must go 3-0 against TTU on the road, ISU on the road, and Oklahoma at home. So 3 to go is still a tall order as I don't see any of those games being a significant degree easier than playing Baylor at home which was contentious until the end.

I would be hard pressed to conclude that WVU has increased its chances much against TCU at home, KSU at home, and Oklahoma State on the road after last night So without an upset among those WVU must go 3-0 against TTU on the road, ISU on the road, and Oklahoma at home. So 3 to go is still a tall order as I don't see any of those games being a significant degree easier than playing Baylor at home which was contentious until the end.
Baylor was said to be a tough out by majority and contenders for Big 12. WVU normally loses those type of games last night. But this time they won. People are shitting on WVU for winning a game and not giving them credit for finding the will to win and making necessary stops.

I don't see 6 wins either but I'm giving credit where credit is due. Baylor 0-6 in Morgantown.

Reactions: Tylerite
Baylor was said to be a tough out by majority and contenders for Big 12. WVU normally loses those type of games last night. But this time they won. People are shitting on WVU for winning a game and not giving them credit for finding the will to win and making necessary stops.

I don't see 6 wins either but I'm giving credit where credit is due. Baylor 0-6 in Morgantown.

Baylor has proven its preseason rep was inflated just as Kansas proved theirs was depressed. It is good WVU won and definitely an improvement, but it's not a "turning the corner" or "click" moment like when WVU came back against Louisville in 2005 or playing Miami tough at their house in 2003 after a 1-3 start.

Always happy with a W, but all this means is we picked up a forecasted L to make up for the Kansas forecasted W. We are still a 5 or 6 win team.

Here we are, WVU fans trying to keep our hopes "high" for a 5 or 6 win season with a coach who has had plenty of time to make us better. Never thought I would see the day, but this is WVU football under Neal Brown and Shane Lyons.

We will be lucky to get 5 or 6 wins. I hope it happens, but even if we get 6, Neal must go. This team has no identity under him or even close. Its a cluster fk.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Here we are, WVU fans trying to keep our hopes "high" for a 5 or 6 win season with a coach who has had plenty of time to make us better. Never thought I would see the day, but this is WVU football under Neal Brown and Shane Lyons.

We will be lucky to get 5 or 6 wins. I hope it happens, but even if we get 6, Neal must go. This team has no identity under him or even close. Its a cluster fk.

Lol - I am not trying to keep anyone’s “hopes up”. 5 or 6 wins is a failure and the fact that is our ceiling is a travesty. Brown must go.

Lol - I am not trying to keep anyone’s “hopes up”. 5 or 6 wins is a failure and the fact that is our ceiling is a travesty. Brown must go.
I'm trying to keep my hopes up for 5 or 6 lol. But it aint a good feeling. I totally agree with you on Brown

Feels good to win again!!!

tumblr_n8t63fDmYt1trtjcqo8_500.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT