ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football at UCF

Greene has to be more accurate. That was a BIG gainer. Second one of the game that he's misfired on.

Need to pick one and ride them. I thought it was 100% CJ.......but starting to doubt that.
I don't disagree with thst. I don't mind mixing it up a little bit running back I just don't like how Brown does it. If you have it running back who's hot keep him in.

Defense can’t stop them
We cannot stop them at all. Only hope is more turnovers. I don't understand how this defense can look so good for a few games, then fall apart recently. Is it scheme? Is it personnel? I noticed that on that 3rd down and 6 on that drive, we gave them a 10 yard cushion and allowed a 7 yard completion. Not going to get off the field much playing like that on third down.

Reactions: locustwv
Do you get the feeling that our defense has no chance to stop UCF unless there is some kind oddball self-inflicted f-up by their offense, like the kicked interception?

Another year with a D that plays with all the rigidity of a wet tissue.

Do you get the feeling that our defense has no chance to stop UCF unless there is some kind oddball self-inflicted f-up by their offense, like the kicked interception?

Another year with a D that plays with all the rigidity of a wet tissue.
Now if we had 3 points, our defense would have probably already forced three punts. Seems like that how it's been this year. When our offense rolls, our defense stinks. When our offense stinks, our defense is stiff.

For the love of God.......why do we do stupid plays like that or use personnel that we haven't used all day? Anderson hadn't been on the field in games........

Reactions: jlaudiomaster
But good teams will still beat bad to average teams handily even when playing conservatively to preserve the lead. See what OSU did to us last week. My point is Brown fields below average teams and the fact that he cannot win many games going away against very beatable competition is a sign that the trend isn't changing. That is why I never subscribe to the reductive "a win is a win" idea, especially early in the season as ugly wins usually portend blow out losses to good teams and missed opportunities against beatable teams. See the 2014 opening struggle against William & Mary for a single score win and how the rest of that season went for an example.
Look no further than 2019 JMU single digit win that should have been first ever lose to FCS.

Brown beats a team or 2 every year he shouldn't and loses to 5 or 6 that he never should thus 5-7.

Defense has given up 161 yards rushing already. Damn.
Can't stop the run or pressure the QB. if you don't make stops on first down they get in that fast paced groove and kill you.

These 2 teams play defense like a flag football team. Neither are any good. UCF just has a better offense and coaches that know how to call plays.

3 interceptions offense playing decent, but WVU is going to find a way to lose. They will let UCF hang around and lose the game on the last drive.

Stupid. Absolutely stupid. Can't play a lick of defense. They would have 21 more points if it hadn't been for 3 lucky plays.

Stupid. Absolutely stupid. Can't play a lick of defense. They would have 21 more points if it hadn't been for 3 lucky plays.
Exactly, no way WVU should lose with three interceptions, but the offense will fail to score and UCF will keep rolling over our defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT