ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia football at No. 7 Penn State

I’m good with the decision to go for it in that scenario. I’m not ok with the dumb first down play that wasn’t necessary. Football 101 - you don’t run trick plays when you’re offense is in rhythm

O line looks great. D line soft. Secondary lost as usual. GG passing accuracy is crap.
We use a 3 man D-line. Have extra DB. But are still giving up huge pass plays and getting pounded between the tackles on the run game. Has the old-school 4 down lineman on defense something of the past now?

PSU mistakes keeping it close. Blown coverage that setup our TD, and the shanked FG keeping us within striking distance, need to make them pay.

Not looking good. That said, their qb is making plays. I think I’m more impressed with Penn State than disappointed in WVU thus far.

That is normally how any team loses. If not, then games would end 0-0. :joy:

Not really. The numbers paint a dominant story for PSU, but the scoreboard says otherwise. We have to be very efficient in our chances to steal this game, and if PSU plays turnover free football the rest of the way I can’t see us winning.

Grade thus far at halftime.........C+

Better than expected. Few play calls were head scratchers. Our OL has been very good, which it should be since that is our most experienced group. We are lacking some WR's that can stretch the field, but Carter looks like he has that potential.

But otherwise, not bad.

Grade thus far at halftime.........C+

Better than expected. Few play calls were head scratchers. Our OL has been very good, which it should be since that is our most experienced group. We are lacking some WR's that can stretch the field, but Carter looks like he has that potential.

But otherwise, not bad.
Should be 20-7 with PSU getting ball at half which paces us for 40-14, but yea not bad

If State Penn hadn’t blown a pass coverage we’d have 30 yards passing. Have to be able to throw the ball once in a while.

Should be 20-7 with PSU getting ball at half which paces us for 40-14, but yea not bad
Did they make the FG"s? Nope. That's why you play the games. Mistakes happen. Screw ups happen. Missed FG's happen. INT's happen. Again, if both teams played perfect, neither team would win or lose.

Did they make the FG"s? Nope. That's why you play the games. Mistakes happen. Screw ups happen. Missed FG's happen. INT's happen. Again, if both teams played perfect, neither team would win or lose.

If both teams played perfect we would be losing 20-7

We are still in it and that's very cool. I would love to see us steal a win in crappy valley!

We need to stop being cute on offense and just get mean and physical. Defensively, I like when we are aggressive and tip my cap when their qb makes a play. Don’t let up.

Reactions: locustwv
Not really. We had a bad throw on 4th down. Just saying.

Why are you so negative about this? We are in this game. Who cares why.
Because even if we were to win we are not showing any sustainable ways to continue the success.

They are the F**KING 7th ranked team in the pre-season. Chill out and see if we can do this.

I am just a little butthurt that in year 5 our coach who hasn’t shown anything yet, needs shanked chip shot FGs to stay in the game against a good team. Was hopeful by now we could stay in the game on our own merits.

Reactions: spreadoption
And we would have had 4 sacks if we had the other QB who is not a runner. It evens out.
Horrible logic. He’s a runner, so naturally the trade off from a pocket passer is he avoids sacks but struggles in passing downs.

Horrible logic. He’s a runner, so naturally the trade off from a pocket passer is he avoids sacks but struggles in passing downs.
When you can gain positive yards instead of negative, it’s not terrible logic. You could argue that Jarrett Brown was a better passing QB than Pat White, does that mean Pat should have been benched?

Nico will get his chances. My guess is it won’t be any better.

When you can gain positive yards instead of negative, it’s not terrible logic. You could argue that Jarrett Brown was a better passing QB than Pat White, does that mean Pat should have been benched?

Nico will get his chances. My guess is it won’t be any better.
There’s nothing wrong with a run first QB if you don’t get in obvious passing downs consistently. With Pat that didn’t happen, atleast not until his senior year when the offense changed. With GG it does, which means this offense/GG sucks.

Last edited:
There’s nothing wrong with a run first QB if you don’t get in obvious passing downs consistently. With Pat that didn’t happen, atleast not until his senior year when the offense changed. With GG it does, which means this offense/GG sucks.
You do realize Pat’s senior year was his best statistical year. Right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT