ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball vs. Texas Tech

Doesn't really matter if they win or lose today. They aren't coming anywhere near winning the NCAA tournament, which is the whole point of being in the tournament.

So you think WVU should just say screw you NCAA and just play regular season and tell NCAA committee, even if undefeated, to f off cause we stand no chance to win it.

If that's your thinking then don't watch it or bitch about it. Move on.

Not sure why Wague doesn’t get any minutes when the only big doing anything positive is Okonkwo.

Love Huggs, but he has taken WVU as far as he can. Need to really start thinking about the transition from Huggy to the next guy. Players are uninspired which always equals poor defense

Folks, we need to accept that this team stinks. If you can’t beat Texas Tech at home , then … Until today, Tech’s only road win was at LSU, the last-place team in the SEC. We can’t play a lick of defense and our bigs as soft as warm bread. Huggs said before the year that teams won’t be able to beat us by playing big-boy basketball like they did last year but this team is even softer. In about 8 of the last 10 years we’ve seen the late-season Huggins Fade, which was a trademark of his Cincy teams. It’s already started this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUALLEN
I would say, the moving screen at the top of the key drives me insane. That said, gotta adjust because it wasn’t being called.

Not sure why Wague doesn’t get any minutes when the only big doing anything positive is Okonkwo.
Because he gets scared at any contact. He's weak. He came in up 7 and the lead disappeared in 2 minutes. People go around him like he is cemented in his spot.

Seems to me that the basketball team has become like the football team in that it has no identity or personality like we had when we were "Press Virginia".
You can't press like that anymore. The game is geared towards the offensive player.

Seems to me that the basketball team has become like the football team in that it has no identity or personality like we had when we were "Press Virginia".
I think we can all agree that Huggs and staff blew it when they didn’t recruit to and continue playing the Press Virginia style. It’s a fun style that kids want to play.

That wasn't the same Tech team they played 7 games ago. They had their 2 best players back from injuries. And their coach was smart enough to see we are weak as hell in the paint. Tech is 5-2 in their last 7 with 3 wins over ranked teams. Really wish Huggs would retire at the end of the season. But you know it's not going to happen.

I think we can all agree that Huggs and staff blew it when they didn’t recruit to and continue playing the Press Virginia style. It’s a fun style that kids want to play.
Can't press like that anymore. The game favors the offensive player now. Which is why WVU is below average team as they don't recruit or get transfers with offensive talent.

Reactions: mountaineermaniac34
Because he gets scared at any contact. He's weak. He came in up 7 and the lead disappeared in 2 minutes. People go around him like he is cemented in his spot.
He sparked that run, then admittedly may have contributed to their run. Still he gives energy and effort which is more than what Bell is out there doing

He sparked that run, then admittedly may have contributed to their run. Still he gives energy and effort which is more than what Bell is out there doing
He didn't spark shit. Stevenson personally had WVU on 11-0 run to put them 6. Huggins sits him and Wague enters and and Tech goes on 8-0 run to retake the lead. Okonkwo needs half of Bells minutes and a 1/4th of Wague.

Can't press like that anymore. The game favors the offensive player now. Which is why WVU is below average team as they don't recruit or get transfers with offensive talent.
Don’t agree with first part. Agree with the second part.

He didn't spark shit. Stevenson personally had WVU on 11-0 run to put them 6. Huggins sits him and Wague enters and and Tech goes on 8-0 run to retake the lead. Okonkwo needs half of Bells minutes and a 1/4th of Wague.
He fought for loose balls and kept Tech off the offensive glass. Until he didn’t. That sparked our run.

Missing final 5 shots of the game is SO painful! WVU probably holds the record for most single-digit losses.

Keeps me awake till 3 a.m. And I feel even worse for Huggins and the players. They don't collapse in the final 5 minutes game after game after game on purpose. I really thought these 9 college transfers would have as better record.

Obviously, I was wrong!

Ouch! Awwwwwww! Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, sun comes up again tomorrow.

Don’t agree with first part. Agree with the second part.

Huggins not an offensive coach. Never has been.

Should have pressed this year. For whatever reason, not enough guards or wanting to play the big kid too much, Huggins chose to try and out talent other teams. Didn’t work out

Reactions: WVUALLEN
If the players had listened to Huggins and remembered everything he taught them in practice then WVU would not be in danger of finishing last in the Big 12! That's the most depressed I've ever seen Huggins at a post-game press conference. He felt, as I did, that WVU should and would beat Texas Tech, as the Mountaineers did ON THE ROAD! Then blow a lead and miss the final 5 shots of the game to lose at home, which is golden territory for every Big 12 team! I'm in agony. Bob is in agony. I'm sure the players are, too. If only that had done what Huggins told them to do all season then we'd all be dancing in the streets!

If the players had listened to Huggins and remembered everything he taught them in practice then WVU would not be in danger of finishing last in the Big 12! That's the most depressed I've ever seen Huggins at a post-game press conference. He felt, as I did, that WVU should and would beat Texas Tech, as the Mountaineers did ON THE ROAD! Then blow a lead and miss the final 5 shots of the game to lose at home, which is golden territory for every Big 12 team! I'm in agony. Bob is in agony. I'm sure the players are, too. If only that had done what Huggins told them to do all season then we'd all be dancing in the streets!
So, the players didn't "listen"? Oh, ok. I love Huggins, but he assembled this mess and needs to take blame/credit for it.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Grow a pair pussyboy. Huggs now and this team sucks. Only wimps like you are still looking for excuses. Get lost in your woods little one. No one cares that you are so shallow that a loss by a bunch of journeymen has you in a sweat at 3am.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT