ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball vs. St John’s

Went from 6-10 shooting in first 6 minutes to 3-16 in the final 14. The 15-17 from the foul line is keeping us in this game.

Suemnick can't stop Soriano as he has 17 points 4 rebounds and 3 blocks
Ledlum is killing the zone as Ricky is a master at coaching zone destruction. Ledlum 6-11 13 points

Ledlum and Soriano together 12 of 18 with 30 points and 4-5 FT and 2-4 from 3.

We can win this. I like watching this ragtag team. It's fun.
pepto-drink.gif

You can't down play these guys effort. Only problem is it adds to the toll at the end of game exhaustion. If we had Kerr this one is probably a win as well.

I think we may be in trouble now. I’ll give this team this. They play extremely hard but Allen you are right rebounding is a problem.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Pitino playing physical ball because he knows we only have 7 players and he's using 11. He knows it is wearing us down.

Wilson's shot selection is not very good. I like him taking it to the basket, but draw contact, don't avoid it and flip it up and hope it goes in.

What's the record for FG attempts by 1 player without a made basket.

Wilson currently 0-11

Eilhert you might want to put Jesse back in. Never mind it's too late.

Very uneven whistles out there. Allowed one guy to lower shoulder, elbow, and get to rim = no foul. Then blow whistle on a soft foul.

Reactions: locustwv
WHY DO WE DO STUPID F**KING SH!T......throwing/saving ball under your own basket. I've seen that from us several times this season already.

F**K it. We are a 10 win team. That's who we are. F**K the NCAA. F**K Huggs. Just pull the plug and start over next year.

Does it not seem like 1 person on opposing team kills us in every game?

Can someone tell Slazinski to not talk trash when you are down 7 points in final 6 seconds and you......and you miss your FT"s as well.

F**K you Rick. Hope the mob takes you out in New York. Slimeballs like him shouldn't be in college sports.

Very uneven whistles out there. Allowed one guy to lower shoulder, elbow, and get to rim = no foul. Then blow whistle on a soft foul.
30 fouls against St.Johns 16 against WVU. St. Johns 14-20 FT WVU 31-43 FT (20-22 to start and 11-21 down the stretch).

Last edited:
Reactions: KingCoal
30 fouls against St.Johns 16 against WVU. St. Johns 14-20 FT WVU 31-43 FT (11-21 down the stretch)
Nope. You don't understand what "uneven" means. Not the amount, but WHEN they area blown. They allowed very physical play at times, then would blow the whistle for touchy fouls.

Good for you.

Let's look back..
Ricky pressed...still won
Ricky played physical ball...still won
Ricky out coached Eilert
F*CK? You serious? One guy is in his first year, the other has been at it for 40+ years. You really went out on a limb there. :joy: Pat yourself on the back.

Nope. You don't understand what "uneven" means. Not the amount, but WHEN they area blown. They allowed very physical play at times, then would blow the whistle for touchy fouls.
Bottom line is make your foul shots down the stretch and it's a WVU win.

Reactions: KingCoal
Bottom line is make your foul shots down the stretch and it's a WVU win.
I don't think that I've ever seen a college team shoot as many as 23 more free throws and make as many as 17 more free throws than its opponent and still lose the game. Have you?

I don't think that I've ever seen a college team shoot as many as 23 more free throws and make as many as 17 more free throws than its opponent and still lose the game. Have you?
I'm sure it's happened before but it's rare. WVU shot 48 FG's making 19 and 43 foul shots making 31 and still lose. That's a recipe for a blowout win and it didn't happen. Tricky Ricky knew playing physical against a team short of players would wear them down and it did. It was a risk but it worked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT