ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball vs. Northern Colorado

I have no idea but like I said Oscar may be your best big and overshadow Culver. Both on the court hasn't worked on both ends

Haley as the 4 allows WVU to match up with any team.

Thanks to Harler coming off the bench giving these team a spark with his SR leadership to stop the bleed.

Harler the guy who kept this game from being a blowout in the first half by being the worst defender in history airballing layups and getting different treatment from the coach than others do. I cant even defense Huggins anymore. Hes got issues. My God the kids knock a ball out of bounds or commit one foul and they look straight to the bench and wave a finger and beg not to come out. No player, NONE can play like that. Go relax play hard play your game get on a flow. What flow. What rotation. These close games against teams they should humiliate, every other year the entire roster leaves and is gutted, if you can score you live in the shithouse, theres only so many times blame can be directed and deflected elsewhere. Oh great 20-17-3 game, what's that the ball slipped from your hand? 3 seconds after in, you're out. I sware McCabe he waited, lmao he had his hand on his replacements shoulder the whole time until his man finally scored, the second he did, OUT. Harler comes in scored on in 4 seconds, stays in. This team will never meet its potential, he wont allow it. He would have to take a medical leave for that to happen

Reactions: sg44gold
Its funny oscar gets 2 fouls one a bad call in his first game never plays again cause he came here to rebound he wont do it he dont play????? From the bench wtf???? Same with mccabe but passing the ball. Harlwr goes to pitt, why's he here??? Must be to suck Because it sure as **** isnt defense, and he goes 0-2 second shot is a 3 that misses by about 7 feet. But he stayed in. McCabe bench. JC transfer 3-3, goes to bench Harler stays in. Explain? All these near losses and underachieving are his insanity. I just cant defend it anymore.nhes a hall of Famer, but he needs help. Maybe send him to Sam James' therapist I dont know. Go play Kansas and Kentucky and Duke with chase Harler and a rotating door, see what happens. I'm guessing 88-40

Doesn't matter about Harler
It matters how the team performs with him on the court
If a player can bring energy to the court he always gets in the lineup

Why do you think they play these warmup games?

To get guys into the game and if they screw up, then take them out, let someone else try and coach them up on what they do wrong. If he doesn’t put multiple players on the floor in different combinations, then how can he see who plays best together based on the lineup and the opponent?

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Learning experiences.

You want to play schools with a fight.
Northern Colorado has that. Well coached team.

Don't know much about Boston University basketball. My nephew did play football for Northeastern when they still had a football program. I could see if he knows anything about the basketball program there as I think he still pays attention to those schools.

I do know Northern Iowa is another school who will give WVU a game.
The Cancun Tournament gave you some decent schools to play.

Last edited:
I agree about playing players to gain experience and coach them up.

But how about letting them in after the first mistake to see if they learned and don’t do it again.

Pull them after the second mistake. You need to give them the opportunity to self correct.

Not embarrass them by yanking them off the floor.

Huggins has an idea of what type of team he wants to be
Everyone has a job on the floor.

If players don't perform their job someone else gets put in.

You can argue about the premise of the idea but you cannot argue about Bob Huggins knowing how to create a team.

Pulling them after a mistake is not an Embarrassment. It's a teaching moment of don't do it again or this guy will take your spot.Work harder or not at all. But I didn't see that many quick hooks last night. The way Oscar was playing I would have sat him the entire game. Throwing passes of off backboards, throwing a fast ball pass that nobody could touch. Getting out rebounded by some guy that looked like he weighed 150. That's embarrassment.

Culver playing like bull in a china shop and out of control. When he was pulled Huggins grabbed his arm and talked to him. That's a good sign and teachable moment. When he went back in things changed. He was a beast and scoring. Fans talking about Oscar being a one done, he needs to show a heck of improvement the rest of the year. Cause right now he only shows it spurts. One game bad one game good.

Huggins is also doing different combinations to find out who best with each other. He is looking for 5 starters and 5 guys to bring in. Right now I would say he likes Haley and Matthews first team. They have proven themselves. They are playing 30 to 35 minutes. He puts McCabe on the bench to try and find someone who can step up and be the 6th man. No doubt McCabe will be the guy that runs the offense. Doesn't need to score unless he has to. I see him going 20 to 25 minutes.

It's a process until conference play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT