ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball vs. Kansas

Since it's on ESPN+, which I get but can't record, I'll be at a birthday party for a 100-year-old Lion Queen (as in Monongah High Lions) an hour from my home instead. Maybe I'll get back for a happy finish after bowing to the Queen, 90-year-old Lions King that I am. Same high school that includes Nick Saban and WVU Medicine CEO Dr. Edmonds as graduates! Priorities! As much as I love WVU, I never miss a chance for a reunion with Monongah Lions. Did that with Amelia Shenasky Zentz till she passed away ... at the age of 102!!! We Lions are a hardy stock!

Since it's on ESPN+, which I get but can't record, I'll be at a birthday party for a 100-year-old Lion Queen (as in Monongah High Lions) an hour from my home instead. Maybe I'll get back for a happy finish after bowing to the Queen, 90-year-old Lions King that I am. Same high school that includes Nick Saban and WVU Medicine CEO Dr. Edmonds as graduates! Priorities! As much as I love WVU, I never miss a chance for a reunion with Monongah Lions. Did that with Amelia Shenasky Zentz till she passed away ... at the age of 102!!! We Lions are a hardy stock!
YouTube for replay.

Oh the research you do.

The great Jerry West attended my high school. I win.

It's called "on demand". Once the game is over on ESPN+, you can watch it "On-Demand".

Damn Stevenson is way off so far. Hope he gets it together. We need shooters to step up in this game. Knock one down

If WVU played such cool, controlled basketball that it is against Kansas it would be 2-0 in Big 12. Stick with it, guys!

This team lives through Stevenson fire. If he's hitting they hit. Might as well forget defense we have none.

Down 20 with Stevenson cold as ice. Too bad. I was hoping we would give a better showing. Maybe we will go on a streak soon...

Losing by 20. And, except for shooting, this is the best WVU performance in a while.

This conference is really good and WVU has not kept up.

Reactions: spreadoption
This team lives through Stevenson fire. If he's hitting they hit. Might as well forget defense we have none.

If that is the case, we are in for a rough Big12. Better than last year, but still not as good as even Deuce's last season where we got bounced in the round of 32. Bubble or just barely above that is the way we're headed after this and the previous 2 games with a floor that could be uglier.

In better news… Big O good is finding out that Huggins was right and his handlers are not. Gone from POY favorite to a destined to play overseas.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
If that is the case, we are in for a rough Big12. Better than last year, but still not as good as even Deuce's last season where we got bounced in the round of 32. Bubble or just barely above that is the way we're headed after this and the previous 2 games with a floor that could be uglier.
I don't see us winning a game again this year if they don't start hitting shots. Missed a lot of open and easy shots.

I don't see us winning a game again this year if they don't start hitting shots. Missed a lot of open and easy shots.

See!? I said we should have been beating those early season teams so badly at least a family member of the opposing team dies of shame. Could've prevented this whole slide.

For the second year in a row we refuse to run offense. Pass, hold the ball for 4 seconds while looking around, panic, throw up poor shot or throw pass that puts a teammate in a bad spot. Repeat.

For the second year in a row we refuse to run offense. Pass, hold the ball for 4 seconds while looking around, panic, throw up poor shot or throw pass that puts a teammate in a bad spot. Repeat.
Early in the year we were running good down the floor team. Fast break easy baskets. For some reason we stopped doing that.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Early in the year we were running good down the floor team. Fast break easy baskets. For some reason we stopped doing that.
Back about 8-10 years ago, Huggs made a comment about scoring. I'm paraphrasing, but he said something like "if we shoot more shots and have more possessions than the other team, we will score more even if we shoot a lower percentage". Well, for some reason, we have gone away from that philosophy. But back then, we did have some "dudes" that would get their hands dirty and get some offensive rebounds and steals on defense, creating more possessions and shots. This team doesn't have that.

Back about 8-10 years ago, Huggs made a comment about scoring. I'm paraphrasing, but he said something like "if we shoot more shots and have more possessions than the other team, we will score more even if we shoot a lower percentage". Well, for some reason, we have gone away from that philosophy. But back then, we did have some "dudes" that would get their hands dirty and get some offensive rebounds and steals on defense, creating more possessions and shots. This team doesn't have that.
Players today instead of rebounding like to try and tip the ball in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT