ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball at Texas

Stevenson looked pretty banged up vs Iowa St. Any reports on how he is healing up?

I expected EMS Trolley to pull up to the sidelines at any minute. Not just
Erik. Matthews. Iowa State guys, too. Brutal bodyslamming game. Refs tried to tamp it down but even fouling out 4 players didn't stop it.

I expected EMS Trolley to pull up to the sidelines at any minute. Not just
Erik. Matthews. Iowa State guys, too. Brutal bodyslamming game. Refs tried to tamp it down but even fouling out 4 players didn't stop it.
Stevenson fouled out as well. He has been injured since the Oklahoma game first time around.

Turnovers and fouls not going our way early. Did my eyes deceive me? Did we get that charge overturned to blocking and not get the And 1 attempt?

Has anyone ever seen a situation like just happened?

1. Matthews drives, makes basket
2. One ref calls block, one calls charge
3. They go to the replay
4. Then they change it to a block, count the basket, but do not allow for the FT?

So, if we lose by one point, or it's tied and goes in to OT..............??????

We basically have to score every trip because defensively we are not up for the task today.

EDIT: Mitchell is out of his mind today. Needs bench time to get it straight in his head.

So, transfer portal next year.......what do we need?

1. Point guard that doesn't turn it over
2. Shooting guard that doesn't turn it over
3. Forwards who don't turn it over
4. Big men who can rebound.....and doesn't turn it over

Reactions: Rootmaster
This team is really weak. That’s weak physically and mentally. It’s not strong with the ball, it’s not strong on the glass and it sure isn’t strong on defense. It’s weak mentally because any time it has been on the road against Big 12 opponents it has found ways to collapse like a cheap suitcase. The team we had a couple of years ago wasn’t a weak-mentality team and could, and did, come back from 20 down at Texas. Of course, that team could press a little.

This team is really weak. That’s weak physically and mentally. It’s not strong with the ball, it’s not strong on the glass and it sure isn’t strong on defense. It’s weak mentally because any time it has been on the road against Big 12 opponents it has found ways to collapse like a cheap suitcase. The team we had a couple of years ago wasn’t a weak-mentality team and could, and did, come back from 20 down at Texas. Of course, that team could press a little.
Team needs a Jaysean Paige or Tarik Philip. Those dudes wouldn't let you be "weak". Brought it every day.

Static noise is better to listen to than Tom Crean.

EDIT: Scratching a chalk board is better than Tom Crean.

Has anyone ever seen a situation like just happened?

1. Matthews drives, makes basket
2. One ref calls block, one calls charge
3. They go to the replay
4. Then they change it to a block, count the basket, but do not allow for the FT?

So, if we lose by one point, or it's tied and goes in to OT..............??????
I don't think WV is going to lose by just 1 point in this one.

16 turnovers for 27 points and you will not beat University of Charleston with that. Sad thing is at least 12 of them are unforced.

Look for Texas to make a run possibly be playing for Big 12 3rd title.

16 turnovers for 27 points and you will not beat University of Charleston with that. Sad thing is at least 12 of them are unforced.

Look for Texas to make a run possibly be playing for Big 12 3rd title.
We have scored 27 points since around the 12 minute mark of first half. Texas has scored 57.

Probably more of the same on Monday. This team can't seem to play away from home.
Disagree. Baylor is a better match up and best chance for road win. Lot of teams in Big 12 have problems on the road in conference.

7atdt9.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT