ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball at Iowa State

I bet this stinker will have sky high ratings! Think it falls squarely in the filler TV category.

This last article about confidence, makes sense, just not under Huggs the past few years. All you see is killing of confidence, attacking, pulling from games, even when winning.

It's not just about "knowing" the ball is going in vs. "Thinking" its having legs and flexibility in your shot. Being tired and running ridiculous practice and defensive drills even on game day, and power lifting nonstop, do not lead to that. Theres a reason like Huggs was talking about that Texas and Oklahoma and such are shooting and playing so much better now than earlier in the season, and wvu has dropped like nothing ever seen and is embarrassing, and it is NOT because one guy made shots so everybody did like he says.

Hes gotten bigger since he got here, he needs a MUCH bigger mirror to look in to

TCU, Texas and Oklahoma all are playing for their season.
Was a tough stretch for WVU to play three hungry teams in a row.

Seems like Huggins is pulling the rug from underneath WVU right before the postseason.

He is preparing his team for postseason basketball. The shortening of the bench is one of the ways.

Iowa State...
They are trying to get ready for the Big 12 tournament because that is the only chance they have.

Those teams have improved all league season especially lately and even while having to play road games and go to class in the morning, are improving offensively, which is Huggs' most recent excuse. It's not playing for their season it's called improving, wvu is called regressing. Those teams didnt shoot better just one game and against us, they're getting better as the season goes, we aren't. It CANT be the players fault 100% every single year, which is what this is becoming

How in the hell is that a foul on Oscar, that's lame. No other team that spent all year ranked has their star player or freshman get called for that foul, not one

And then that guy coming over Culvers back and shoves him down and no foul, plus they get the ball

It's not even like we are running offense and just cant make shots, theres no offense, stand around and look lost, that's the offense. We dont have Oscar back being confident and not being called for ridiculous fouls like tonight then we have no chance. When he was doing well we were doing well

13 point lead to tied because we can't score. ISU just has to stay the course and keep playing defense down low because these guys can't shoot or pass. First half was an aberration in terms if shooting for WVU. This is a 12 win team. This will be a better season than last by record, but spending the nearly all the second half of the season playing as bad as last year is not reassuring.

Lead gone, outscored 20 to 4 to start the second half - trailing by 3.

I don't know if I can watch much more of this. Even if these guys pull it out, it's a 12 win team and you've got every reason to be playing with a hard edge. Thus it's hard to feel much better about the situation even if they avoid the loss.

McBride drove left handed, straight line not left but it's something. I need to check my TV

Prohm must have not gave ISU proper guidance cause they looked lost at the end.

Holy moly we win in the road. Congrats! Now, let's get the last one at home!

Cant throw the ball halfway sideways over your head backwards 17 feet out of bounds with 20 plus seconds left on the shot clock and 30 seconds in the game against Baylor. Omg. And people call him our best player, jfc, then wonder why we fell off the map

McBride
FG 5-13
3pt 1-3
FT 6-6
RB 3
AST 2
STL 1
Block 1
TO 1
PF 3
Pts 17

The kid is just horrible.