ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD West Virginia basketball at Arkansas

Their student section and crowd destroys the crowds at WVU. It’s been quite a while since I’ve seen crowds at WVU like that.

Reactions: KingCoal
Huggs is a good coach, but I agree. This year he hasn't been very good.

He needs to gear up for a “last dance” next year and ride off into the sunset in some sortve donor ambassador role for WVU basketball. He’s going to be 69 this off-season, there has to be very little left in the tank.

Reactions: SKYHAWKBALL
He needs to gear up for a “last dance” next year and ride off into the sunset in some sortve donor ambassador role for WVU basketball. He’s going to be 69 this off-season, there has to be very little left in the tank.
Unless he wants a season-long "swan song" next year in place of a successful ride into the sunset, next year ain't gonna cut. Looking at the roster now, and the history of his recruiting at WVU, next year won't bring in two 5 stars and 2 4 stars to amplify expectations. By any metric, next year will be much worse if he continues on this course.

I didn't catch the 10-0 run, so I don't know who was in for it. But I did notice a line change after AR got a breakaway. If Huggins yanks three players for allowing an outlet pass dunk after making after cutting the lead from 15 to 5, then he cares more about punishing players than winning the game.

I say starting cheating like crazy in recruiting. Throw money around with bagmen at every street corner. Hell, Kansas has been doing it forever. Create fake companies that dish out NIL money to every 5*. Cheat like crazy, Huggs goes out with another Final Four team and we all feel better. The hell with probations and sanctions, it will only be one year as we've seen with Okie State.

Reactions: xWVU2010x
Unless he wants a season-long "swan song" next year in place of a successful ride into the sunset, next year ain't gonna cut. Looking at the roster now, and the history of his recruiting at WVU, next year won't bring in two 5 stars and 2 4 stars to amplify expectations. By any metric, next year will be much worse if he continues on this course.

Can just blitz the portal on the pitch of it being a “historic” season and probably hit on enough B list guys to get us to the tournament.

I didn't catch the 10-0 run, so I don't know who was in for it. But I did notice a line change after AR got a breakaway. If Huggins yanks three players for allowing an outlet pass dunk after making after cutting the lead from 15 to 5, then he cares more about punishing players than winning the game.
Punish EFFORT.

Punish EFFORT.
What that means is a group that cut a 15 point lead to 5 can be benched for one bad 10 second stretch.

It's like pulling a hot shooter after an ill-advised shot. Which Huggins is also known to do.

Our players play tight. In part because they know they don't have talent to relax and rely on their ability, but also because no matter how well they're playing, one screw up will get them yanked so quick it's like their 6 points in 2 minutes is washed out by throwing it away. Or, in this case, like they didn't even make a run.

With next year being assured to be a total lost cause, we can spend the entire year going all-in on cheating for the 2023-24 season. NIL money from fake companies for every 5*.

Reactions: xWVU2010x
What that means is a group that cut a 15 point lead to 5 can be benched for one bad 10 second stretch.

It's like pulling a hot shooter after an ill-advised shot. Which Huggins is also known to do.

Our players play tight. In part because they know they don't have talent to relax and rely on their ability, but also because no matter how well they're playing, one screw up will get them yanked so quick it's like their 6 points in 2 minutes is washed out by throwing it away. Or, in this case, like they didn't even make a run.
You said yourself that you weren't even sure which five were out there during the run, but you were quick to say they got pulled for a layup?

Country Roads Trust needs to hook up with "Vandelay Industries" and provide, say $200,000 for a 5* recruit or two or three who will be a freshmen in 2023-24. I don't know a Mountaineer fan who would be opposed to that.

You said yourself that you weren't even sure which five were out there during the run, but you were quick to say they got pulled for a layup?
I said IF.

And you didn't bother to say those three benched weren't in during run, so I'm assuming they were.

But it doesn't really matter anyway. Huggins will yank a player for the smallest thing no matter how well they've been playing. We all know that a player coming off three consecutive 3's will get benched for letting his man get a step on him.

I said IF.

And you didn't bother to say those three benched weren't in during run, so I'm assuming they were.

But it doesn't really matter anyway. Huggins will yank a player for the smallest thing no matter how well they've been playing. We all know that a player coming off three consecutive 3's will get benched for letting his man get a step on him.
Ok. Who were the three benched?

Their student section and crowd destroys the crowds at WVU. It’s been quite a while since I’ve seen crowds at WVU like that.

Arkansas is 12-1 at home have won 6 straight games and beat a ranked LSU team. All this after going 1-5 and losing to OU and Hofstra.

Take hatred of all things WVU and **** off.

I say starting cheating like crazy in recruiting. Throw money around with bagmen at every street corner. Hell, Kansas has been doing it forever. Create fake companies that dish out NIL money to every 5*. Cheat like crazy, Huggs goes out with another Final Four team and we all feel better. The hell with probations and sanctions, it will only be one year as we've seen with Okie State.
There is no cheating in recruiting anymore. Anything is legal now that players can get paid cash and you just call it NIL.

I said IF.

You have no idea what you're talking about. after the 12-0 run the team was gassed. No way they could stay in.

Country Roads Trust needs to hook up with "Vandelay Industries" and provide, say $200,000 for a 5* recruit or two or three who will be a freshmen in 2023-24. I don't know a Mountaineer fan who would be opposed to that.
I don't give a crap if they're 1* or 5* as long as they give 100%.

There is no cheating in recruiting anymore. Anything is legal now that players can get paid cash and you just call it NIL.
Then Country Road Trust needs to start throwing the cash around like Pacman Jones at a strip club. That's the only way Huggs is going to fix this trainwreck that he has created. We need to take the Kansas and Kentucky route and buy a whole team of 5* guys.

He needs to go back and look at the video. Taz was tugging on his jersey needing a break.
You need to go back and reread my post. I said "IF Huggins yanked..."

If those three were asking for a break, fair enough. I still stand by my position that Huggins will bench a player for minor screwups despite even if the player is playing well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT