ADVERTISEMENT

We have Neal Brown...a renewed fan base and over 30 mil

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
you guys have doc, 200 grand, and 17 fans with a stadium that only fills up when you get in for a can of campbells..........now tell me that you wouldn't trade

No, SlowHead.

You have just lost your Sky God Head Coach to a lesser program in a lesser league.

You just hired a much-lesser, lightly-experienced Head Coach from a Sun Belt program to replace Sky God.

Your asshole fanbase is deluded with unreasonable expectations; and like all other HC's who have nervously paced the WVU sidelines, the New Guy knows his days are numbered before moving into the Puss.

History repeats itself. Again.

Signed,
Reality.
:pimp:

p.s. There will NEVER be a statue of a Head Coach outside Mountaineer Field.....NEVER.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
No, SlowHead.

You have just lost your Sky God Head Coach to a lesser program in a lesser league.

You just hired a much-lesser, lightly-experienced Head Coach from a Sun Belt program to replace Sky God.

Your asshole fanbase is deluded with unreasonable expectations; and like all other HC's who have nervously paced the WVU sidelines, the New Guy knows his days are numbered before moving into the Puss.

History repeats itself. Again.

Signed,
Reality.

p.s. There will NEVER be a statue of a Head Coach outside Mountaineer Field.....NEVER.
history repeats itself......herd chemist crashes and burns

You lost your coach to a G5 school then hired a coach from a G5 school? Are these the “Big Things” you dumbasses were talking about?
I'd say the majority of college football experts would say great hire. And then there are herd fans and their opinion.

You lost your coach to a G5 school then hired a coach from a G5 school? Are these the “Big Things” you dumbasses were talking about?[/QUO
What a totally idiotic argument. You only consider one, quite silly piece of information and try to expand that into a rational argument--TOTAL FAILURE. Houston has been quite relevant recently and Troy currently is well respected. Matters not that they are residing in conferences without the few true blood bloods. The football establishment recognizes the accomplishments and has held coaches from these teams in very high regard. Houston, through their ultra wealthy supporter, was willing to offer Dana a necessary landing spot after a turbulent year and the prospect of a worse one next year. Rhet put together a quite attractive financial package in a geography that Dana desires. No disgrace at all, despite your unfocused myopia. as for our new hire, he was ranked by a survey posted on here a week or so ago as one of the top 20 coaches in NCAA. Most 'football people' are not nearly as 'small minded' as you demonstrate. Your approach and attitude is much more commonly seen in very immature adults who still react and function as they did when they were pre-teen. If you are over the age of 21 why not strive to improve your reasoning and other thought skills so as tactually come across as a retinal, thinking adult?

Here's an except from one article that invalidates Jarhead's point

1. Neal Brown, Troy - In the four years prior to Neal Brown’s arrival the Troy Trojans were 17-31 and finished no better than 6-6 under Troy legend Larry Blakeney. In three years Brown has been able to resurrect the Trojans and turn them into a Sun Belt power by posting back-to-back 10-win seasons for the first time as an FBS member. Last year the Trojans earned a Sun Belt title while notching a monumental win over LSU in 2017. Not to mention Brown’s Trojans became the first Sun Belt team to appear in the AP Poll. It was odd to not hear Brown’s name come up immediately for the Tennessee job or any other P5 job last year.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/201...ryan-harsin-mike-norvell-group-of-five-p5-fcs

And more -

Neal Brown, Troy
For a guy whose teams have developed a reputation as giant-killers, but it’s more than that. Troy has grown into a Sun Belt power, and might be headed to its third consecutive 10-win season. It only seems like a matter of time before Brown gets to coach at a giant. At 38, the fit at Troy seems great – but the former offensive coordinator at Texas Tech and Kentucky would be a very good fit at a lot of places.

PADDING RESUME: Defeat of Nebraska is the latest accomplishment for Brown

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...could-make-coaching-carousel-spin/1524761002/

and still more -

Neal Brown, Troy coach: Brown has done an excellent job turning around a Troy program that had gone 17-31 in the four seasons prior to his arrival. After a 4-8 start in 2015, the Trojans have gone 21-5 the last two seasons, and got everybody's attention last season with a 24-21 win over LSU in Baton Rouge. I thought Brown's name would be hotter on the coaching carousel this past winter (he was Honorable Mention in last year's Friday Five), but if he posts another 10-win season in 2018, I'd be shocked if he's back at Troy in 2019.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ball-coaching-candidates-on-the-rise-in-2018/

.........and if Jarhead still needs more proof I can dig it up. It's not hard to find when you google rising coaches.

Last edited:

eerdoc, try figuring out how to use the quote feature correctly genius

1. Neal Brown, Troy - In the four years prior to Neal Brown’s arrival the Troy Trojans were 17-31 and finished no better than 6-6 under Troy legend Larry Blakeney. In three years Brown has been able to resurrect the Trojans and turn them into a Sun Belt power by posting back-to-back 10-win seasons for the first time as an FBS member. Last year the Trojans earned a Sun Belt title while notching a monumental win over LSU in 2017. Not to mention Brown’s Trojans became the first Sun Belt team to appear in the AP Poll. It was odd to not hear Brown’s name come up immediately for the Tennessee job or any other P5 job last year.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/201...ryan-harsin-mike-norvell-group-of-five-p5-fcs

And more -

Neal Brown, Troy
For a guy whose teams have developed a reputation as giant-killers, but it’s more than that. Troy has grown into a Sun Belt power, and might be headed to its third consecutive 10-win season. It only seems like a matter of time before Brown gets to coach at a giant. At 38, the fit at Troy seems great – but the former offensive coordinator at Texas Tech and Kentucky would be a very good fit at a lot of places.

PADDING RESUME: Defeat of Nebraska is the latest accomplishment for Brown

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...could-make-coaching-carousel-spin/1524761002/

and still more -

Neal Brown, Troy coach: Brown has done an excellent job turning around a Troy program that had gone 17-31 in the four seasons prior to his arrival. After a 4-8 start in 2015, the Trojans have gone 21-5 the last two seasons, and got everybody's attention last season with a 24-21 win over LSU in Baton Rouge. I thought Brown's name would be hotter on the coaching carousel this past winter (he was Honorable Mention in last year's Friday Five), but if he posts another 10-win season in 2018, I'd be shocked if he's back at Troy in 2019.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...ball-coaching-candidates-on-the-rise-in-2018/

.........and if Jarhead still needs more proof I can dig it up. It's not hard to find when you google rising coaches.

Proof is on the field, if he wins a meaningful game after Columbus Day he will be an upgrade

You lost your coach to a G5 school then hired a coach from a G5 school? Are these the “Big Things” you dumbasses were talking about?

Texas hired a G5 coach and their ex coach Strong is currently a G5 Coach. Baylor hired a G5 coach, ISU hired a G5 coach, KSU hired an FCS coach, Texas Tech hired a G5 coach.

It happens.

Proof is on the field, if he wins a meaningful game after Columbus Day he will be an upgrade

Time will tell, but in the meantime you are still stuck with Doc. How exciting for you !

Last edited:
38 year old Sunbelt Conference coach from New Hampshire is better than 61 year old C-USA coach with almost 40 years of coaching experience.

Source: Ear-Idiots

Reactions: HerdChemist89
38 year old Sunbelt Conference coach from New Hampshire is better than 61 year old C-USA coach with almost 40 years of coaching experience.
Source: Ear-Idiots

Maybe you need to click on some of the links I provided earlier in this thread. Doc is nowhere to be found in any of those articles, or any other ones that list rising stars in the coaching ranks.

Maybe you need to click on some of the links I provided earlier in this thread. Doc is nowhere to be found in any of those articles, or any other ones that list rising stars in the coaching ranks.
Thanks for the advice, but I'll just wait until Labor Day weekend, and start reviewing actual results. I'll also predict that this will likely be the quickest in the history of WVU fandom that the good ole boys turn against their coach. I'm thinking moments after the clock reaches double 0's in Lawrence.

Texas hired a G5 coach and their ex coach Strong is currently a G5 Coach. Baylor hired a G5 coach, ISU hired a G5 coach, KSU hired an FCS coach, Texas Tech hired a G5 coach.

It happens.
Sounds like a lot of G5 coaches being hired. Well except for Doc

Reactions: WVUALLEN

... It only seems like a matter of time before Brown gets to coach at a giant...

I'll give him 3-5 years at WVU; and if he's a shade better than Beautiful Mind...he'll finally move on up to "coach at a giant"

If not, he'll prolly stick around, suck down some $$$...turn in some 6-7-8 win years ( fans will sour after 3-4 years of this )...wait until an equal G5 or MP5 ( Middle P5 ) shakes its ass at him...then, like Holgs, he'll make that lateral move; .....wash - rinse - repeat.

THERE WILL NEVER BE A BOBBY BOWDEN, KNUTE ROCKNE, URBAN MYER, NICK SABAN, OR ANY OTHER BELOVED FIGURE IN WVU HISTORY AFTER LEAVING MORGANTOWN....NEVER.

In leaving the HC job at WVU.....EVERY. SINGLE. HEAD COACH. EVER. has been run away from Morgantown with pitchforks prodding and torches licking at his ass.

Mr Brown's exit will be no different; and I am sure he understands that the "good graces" of the Ear Fanbase has a very short shelf life...( 3-4 years tops ) .

If he's smart, he'll get a discreet condo or small residence to stay in up there during the season and training, etc....If I were him and had a wife and kids I'd just leave 'em where they are right now and fly back and forth, etc. etc.

Not prudent to "buy-in all the way" and uproot the wife and kids and put them through all the shit that will inevitably happen up there.

Brown knows his job at WVU will be of limited, but very profitable, duration.

Sorta like a "Contract" or "Temp" job...as it is.

Yeup.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Sounds like a lot of G5 coaches being hired.

Well I know of one Coach...the very first one that I have ever seen or herd of... who left a "MP5" job and made pretty much a lateral move.. ( in pay, facilities, competition ) to a G5 school ( You know, the same bunch of leagues that Marshall is associated with )

Care to guess who that is ?

"I'll take 'Head Coaches Who Have Left P5 Jobs To Join Equivalent G5 Programs' for $500 , Alex...."

Yeup.

Reactions: Marine03
Sounds like a lot of G5 coaches being hired. Well except for Doc

Doc isn't going anywhere until his current contract expires in a couple of years and he retires from coaching. He's not a hot commodity in coaching circles and Marshall can't afford to buy him out, so he's comfortable where he's at.

Doc isn't going anywhere until his current contract expires in a couple of years and he retires from coaching. He's not a hot commodity in coaching circles and Marshall can't afford to buy him out, so he's comfortable where he's at.

Sounds about right.... I'm OK with it.

You left out one thing that makes a difference: Doc will leave Marshall with his dignity intact.

Name me one HC in Football that has ever left Morgantown with his dignity intact.

Just one.

I am waiting.

Well I know of one Coach...the very first one that I have ever seen or herd of... who left a "MP5" job and made pretty much a lateral move.. ( in pay, facilities, competition ) to a G5 school ( You know, the same bunch of leagues that Marshall is associated with )

Care to guess who that is ?

"I'll take 'Head Coaches Who Have Left P5 Jobs To Join Equivalent G5 Programs' for $500 , Alex...."

Yeup.
Tommy Tuberville.....

You left out one thing that makes a difference: Doc will leave Marshall with his dignity intact.

Name me one HC in Football that has ever left Morgantown with his dignity intact.

Just one.

I am waiting.

Don Nehlen - Retired stills lives in WV
Jim Carlen

Don't act like you know what you really don't know.

I wonder if Nehlen draws up a play to walk 30 yards to his mailbox every day?

Neal Brown and a renewed fanbase ? So are you telling me every single game is SRO next year ? I love this we have 30 mill. part, to quote a great movie "that's what losers say". Every team in the Big 10 gets more than 30 mill. so WVU is by your standards a piece of sh*t school compared to every team in the Big 10, or any school in the nation that has more money.

That is a lot of schools man like a ton especially when you look at your endowment, WVU is like bottom 10% of all P5 schools.

The thought of an undivided West Virginia in full support of WVU football terrifies Marshall fans because it makes them even less relevant than they already were.

Neal Brown and a renewed fanbase ? So are you telling me every single game is SRO next year ? I love this we have 30 mill. part, to quote a great movie "that's what losers say". Every team in the Big 10 gets more than 30 mill. so WVU is by your standards a piece of sh*t school compared to every team in the Big 10, or any school in the nation that has more money.

That is a lot of schools man like a ton especially when you look at your endowment, WVU is like bottom 10% of all P5 schools.
did someone have to tell you what SRO is?...or did you watch a WVU game.....the only time there is SRO at the joan is when the "free meth" sign is out.....you're out of your league here...and everywhere

Just one.

I am waiting.

got to first HAVE dignity to leave with it...just sayin

Don Nehlen - Retired stills lives in WV

Same guy that you hung in effigy outside the stadium ?

Same guy you had a plane fly a banner around saying " Fire Nehlen ? "...and I'd say that on that special day Don Nehlen hated...phucking HATED...WVU and EVERYTHING to do with it. FOREVER...Once a person gets publicly humiliated like that things are never the same.

So, to take the other tack; who is the HC in WVU's past that warms the hearts of Ear People everywhere ? Please name the on-campus facilities dedicated to this person as well.

I'll bet you have a rest room down next to the janitors office named after Don Nehlen !

Last edited:
Same guy that you hung in effigy outside the stadium ?

Same guy you had a plane fly a banner around saying " Fire Nehlen ? "...and I'd say that on that special day Don Nehlen hated...phucking HATED...WVU and EVERYTHING to do with it. FOREVER...Once a person gets publicly humiliated like that things are never the same.

So, to take the other tack; who is the HC in WVU's past that warms the hearts of Ear People everywhere ? Please name the on-campus facilities dedicated to this person as well.

I'll bet you have a rest room down next to the janitors office named after Don Nehlen !
They hung him in effigy? Good lord. Yes, one or person rented a plane. Wow.

Hell, we didn't even name anything after Jerry West. So you think Nehlen should have a building named after him?

I think you still eat paint chips. Stop.

Back to 'Maths' scenarios only please

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT