ADVERTISEMENT

Tv for tailgate.

wes2323wvu

Junior
Gold Member
May 20, 2007
I have direct tv at home plus an iPad that can watch tv on the go. But, for the tailgates would like to have it on a tv instead. Can I connect iPad to tv easily? Or do I need while satellite pkg? Or other ideas that’s easy to make this happen? Thanks.

I tried using internet etc. at tailgates and just gave up and bought a generator and a Dish portable receiver. Works waaaay better takes like 5 mins to setup

Reactions: WVUALLEN
I have direct tv at home plus an iPad that can watch tv on the go. But, for the tailgates would like to have it on a tv instead. Can I connect iPad to tv easily? Or do I need while satellite pkg? Or other ideas that’s easy to make this happen? Thanks.

Bullet points to get you started...

** Good starter kits are available on eBay complete with a dish, LNB, coax, tripod, level, etc. - I would start there as they're pretty reasonable (around $100)
** You will need a clear view of the southwestern sky so choose your tailgating location appropriately
** The dish mounting pole HAS TO BE completely plumb or you will never locate the 99, 101 and 103 degree HD satellites so choose a kit with one of those mounting pole circular levels
** If you are tailgating in Morgantown, the dish coordinate adjustments are: elevation 39.3 degrees and azimuth 211.1 degrees.

This may sound daunting but I assure you it is not that bad once you get used to it. If you need any more info, feel free to message me as I'd be happy to share pictures or details about my setup.

Bullet points to get you started...

** Good starter kits are available on eBay complete with a dish, LNB, coax, tripod, level, etc. - I would start there as they're pretty reasonable (around $100)
** You will need a clear view of the southwestern sky so choose your tailgating location appropriately
** The dish mounting pole HAS TO BE completely plumb or you will never locate the 99, 101 and 103 degree HD satellites so choose a kit with one of those mounting pole circular levels
** If you are tailgating in Morgantown, the dish coordinate adjustments are: elevation 39.3 degrees and azimuth 211.1 degrees.

This may sound daunting but I assure you it is not that bad once you get used to it. If you need any more info, feel free to message me as I'd be happy to share pictures or details about my setup.

Or you can buy the Dish Tailgater that points itself, I just sit it on top of my jeep and by the time I put up the tent it is good to go and it is only $250 and you can just buy months as you need them i.e Sept,Oct,Nov then put it away till next year.

Or you can buy the Dish Tailgater that points itself, I just sit it on top of my jeep and by the time I put up the tent it is good to go and it is only $250 and you can just buy months as you need them i.e Sept,Oct,Nov then put it away till next year.

Yeah but you have to understand that part of why I do it the more difficult way is that I like the rubes to come by with their oooohs and aaaahs :) There is a slight ego stroke associated with it.

Reactions: dgparent
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT