ADVERTISEMENT

Top WV guards, good scorers, talented guards anywhere don’t want to play for Huggs

Only player on Marshall from last year who I thought was decent was the European guy.

Don't know if he is still on the team but he is a great small ball big man.
Plays much stronger than he looks .

Only player on Marshall from last year who I thought was decent was the European guy.

Don't know if he is still on the team but he is a great small ball big man.
Plays much stronger than he looks .

Can't remember if he graduated or if he went for the draft.

Jevon Carter and the press was the only thing stopping Marshall guards. Other teams wouldn’t defend like that. If Marshall played any other team in 2nd round last year the Marshall guards probably light the score board up again. Jevon and the press we had was the worst matchup for them.

Knapper showed last night he needs more minutes over McCabe and Harler. Knapper is simply quicker, faster and a much better scorer, shooter. He’s only a freshmen and needs more confidence, rope.

Elmore and Burks are lighting it up 30 a piece last couple games. Freshmen guard Taevion Kinsey is their next star. Marshall will win that Conference and make NCAA tournament again. Burks, Elmore, Kinsey are exciting, big time players. The Cam Henderson Center is rocking, sold out every game.

Elmore and Burks are lighting it up 30 a piece last couple games. Freshmen guard Taevion Kinsey is their next star. Marshall will win that Conference and make NCAA tournament again. Burks, Elmore, Kinsey are exciting, big time players. The Cam Henderson Center is rocking, sold out every game.

giphy.gif

Jevon Carter and the press was the only thing stopping Marshall guards. Other teams wouldn’t defend like that. If Marshall played any other team in 2nd round last year the Marshall guards probably light the score board up again. Jevon and the press we had was the worst matchup for them.

Knapper showed last night he needs more minutes over McCabe and Harler. Knapper is simply quicker, faster and a much better scorer, shooter. He’s only a freshmen and needs more confidence, rope.

Not true at all.

A lot of teams in the Big XII play with physical guards.
It wasn't just the press it was the hands in the face, getting up on him when he shoots and denying him the ball.

Some teams in the Big XII like Oklahoma they could play big.
But not against the majority of teams like K State, Tech and TCU.

Neither of them will be beating Big XII guards off the dribble.

We saw why Burks and Elmore are at what is essentially a junior varsity program when it played WVU. They were 7-for-27 with 11 turnovers and gave up countless points. Not good. Not good at all.

Spreadoption it was the matchup against WVU because of JC and press last year. That was worst matchup for Mashall. Nobody else would have defended them like that. Duke would have allowed Marshall guards to get comfortable and shoot, score. Elmore would have lighted the score board up. Burks would have also scored.

Why get so mad because Marshall made the 2nd round of NCAA tournament? They were not a JV team. JV teams don’t get to 2nd round of NCAA tourney. They don’t win a D1 conference. Also JV teams don’t beat Wichita State coach Greg Marshall in Big Dance. Face it we need the Marshall backcourt badly. Huggs missed.

Another guard spot will be opening cause we can’t keep all the little guards. Knapper is the one to keep over McCabe. He showed that against Baylor. He can score but just needs confidence and a longer leash. Huggs hurts these guys confidence.

Remember this name.....

Marcellus Shale. Very solid prospect, he's been all over the state and will get down and work.

Wrong Pratt.

Although he seems rock solid to us I guarantee he's going out of state - probably down south to North Carolina. Thinking otherwise is a pipe dream.

So this jackass apparently goes over to the 247 board and spurts off the same crap and shockingly receives the same backlash. He hasn't posted since Christmas time and is apparently banned.

Marshall stud WV boys light up the scoreboard again Saturday night. 30 points again for Burks and Elmore. They are on fire and will win Conference USA again to get automatic NCAA tourney. They will be a tough 1st round game for anybody that plays them. There won’t be a Jevon Carter pressing and playing defense this year against them. I like Elmore, Burks chances of lighting up a power 5 league program in 1st round. Easy.

Your a brainless, sleezy, moron if you think WVU doesn’t need those 2. Imagine Elmore, Burks, Haley, Beetle, Culver, Konate.....good God have mercy. They would be dominating. Huggs dropped the ball.

Marshall has no other player to help when their guards have an off night. Hence their 12-7 overall record.

P5 schools Marshall has played this year...

Maryland 104 Marshall 67 / Elmore 6 Burkes 10
Texas A&M 92 Marshall 68 / Elmore 6 Burkes 18
Virginia 100 Marshall 64 / Elmore 14 Burkes 11

AVG Score
P5 Teams 98.6 Marshall 66.3 (wow)
Elmore avg 8.6 pts
Burke avg 13 pts

Combined Burkes & Elmore 21 for 82 FG / 7 for 34 from 3 / 22 TO's

AVG's
25.6% FG
20.5 % from 3
7.3 TO's a game

Marshall has no other player to help when their guards have an off night. Hence their 12-7 overall record.

P5 schools Marshall has played this year...

Maryland 104 Marshall 67 / Elmore 6 Burkes 10
Texas A&M 92 Marshall 68 / Elmore 6 Burkes 18
Virginia 100 Marshall 64 / Elmore 14 Burkes 11

AVG Score
P5 Teams 98.6 Marshall 66.3 (wow)
Elmore avg 8.6 pts
Burke avg 13 pts

Combined Burkes & Elmore 21 for 82 FG / 7 for 34 from 3 / 22 TO's

AVG's
25.6% FG
20.5 % from 3
7.3 TO's a game

Exactly! Don't flood the village idiot with statistics. He can barely spell, let alone add and make analysis.

Negative recruiting is a huge issue and the word, blueprint is out against Huggs. Other schools coaches, recruiters are telling recruits that you do not want to play for Huggs because he will handcuff you and ruin your career. He substitutes every minute and takes people out for 1 little thing too often and he’s arrogant, stubborn and over the hill.

We have no guards worth a damn and Huggs never recruited Jon Elmore, CJ Burks and Luke Frampton. Now he’s stuck with a bunch of D2 guards. It’s the truth folks. It’s well known and this talk is out there. I guarantee you David Early, Bridges are being told not to play for Huggs and that he will destroy your career or handcuff your abilities.

Jon Elmore, CJ Burks are lighting it up at D1 Marshall who made 2nd round of NCAA tournament last year. They should be WVU senior back court this year. What a shame Huggs wasn’t smart enough to recruit them. 6-5 guard Frampton averages double figures at D1 Davidson. Huggs never wanted him. 6-3 215 Drew Williamson is at Beckley Prep because Huggs didn’t offer him. Drew Williamson better than any guard we have. He is way better than Harler, Doomes. We could at least have brought him in as a bench shooter. He wanted to come to WVU. Former Huntington High star 6-4 210 Mikal Dawson at Huntington Prep. He reclassified to 2019. Negative recruiting killing Huggs. What good guard wants to play for him?????? JC ain’t coming through the door again.
WTF is wrong with you?

WVU needs Elmore and Burks badly. Fact. They are both 6-3 guards with top scoring ability.

Burks lighting it up quickly in 2nd half. 17 quick points by Burks in 2nd half. Burks is a 6-3 stud guard. WVU needs him. Huggs should have recruited him. Burks was a star at Martinsburg High in WV.

Announcers man crushing on Elmore all night. They say he is a huge star. He’s having a quieter game and announcers saying that’s a fluke and unusual. They are pumping Elmore up all night. Although Burks now has 22 points in 2nd half and announcers said he’s a NBA guard. He’s on fire.

Last edited:
Burks lighting it up quickly in 2nd half. 17 quick points by Burks in 2nd half. Burks is a 6-3 stud guard. WVU needs him. Huggs should have recruited him. Burks was a star at Martinsburg High in WV.

Announcers man crushing on Elmore all night. They say he is a huge star. He’s having a quieter game and announcers saying that’s a fluke and unusual. They are pumping Elmore up all night. Although Burks now has 22 points in 2nd half and announcers said he’s a NBA guard. He’s on fire.

LMFAO yeah he sure was a star at Martinsburg. God I own you.....

https://www.localdvm.com/sports/wes...urks-shows-off-his-workout-routine/1229222800

Negative recruiting is a huge issue and the word, blueprint is out against Huggs. Other schools coaches, recruiters are telling recruits that you do not want to play for Huggs because he will handcuff you and ruin your career. He substitutes every minute and takes people out for 1 little thing too often and he’s arrogant, stubborn and over the hill.

We have no guards worth a damn and Huggs never recruited Jon Elmore, CJ Burks and Luke Frampton. Now he’s stuck with a bunch of D2 guards. It’s the truth folks. It’s well known and this talk is out there. I guarantee you David Early, Bridges are being told not to play for Huggs and that he will destroy your career or handcuff your abilities.

Jon Elmore, CJ Burks are lighting it up at D1 Marshall who made 2nd round of NCAA tournament last year. They should be WVU senior back court this year. What a shame Huggs wasn’t smart enough to recruit them. 6-5 guard Frampton averages double figures at D1 Davidson. Huggs never wanted him. 6-3 215 Drew Williamson is at Beckley Prep because Huggs didn’t offer him. Drew Williamson better than any guard we have. He is way better than Harler, Doomes. We could at least have brought him in as a bench shooter. He wanted to come to WVU. Former Huntington High star 6-4 210 Mikal Dawson at Huntington Prep. He reclassified to 2019. Negative recruiting killing Huggs. What good guard wants to play for him?????? JC ain’t coming through the door again.

Did you see the WV-Marshall game in the 2nd round?

Or how about Juwan Staten, Gary Browne, Jevon Carter, Daxter Miles, Jaysean Paige, Tarik Phillip, Teyvon Myers and Beetle Bolden? That's Ohio, Puerto Rico, Chicago, Baltimore, New York and Kentucky. Good guards from everywhere play for Huggs.

Anyone that says they wouldn't have wanted those two guys with a clean slate and full eligibility are fkn lying.

It's not about wanting something Marshall has. It's about knowing what kind of players they are now and what kind of players they could have been at WVU.

Just stop.

Damn right. Huggs wishes he had Elmore and Burks now. Pratt is a flaming idiot.

I see you dodged my post where you stated that Burks was a MHS grad and I proved you wrong and he came from HHS. I’m from PA and I knew that lol I so own your fast food serving, fence jumping, high school athlete stalking, “hey security watch my kid” having, banned everywhere living, dumbass...... BOOOOOOM

Pratt loser are you still running down good WV boys????? You got a real problem. You are not even a WV guy. Why run these good WV boys down. They are lighting it up at Marshall in D1 and could play anywhere. They made 2nd round NCAA tourney. They are very good and Huggs needs them.

A star from Hedgesville High from Martinsburg, WV and a GW kid from Charleston, WV. These 2 are very good. Stop trying to run down good players. You sound lost. WVU needs them.

. The Cam Henderson Center is rocking, sold out every game.

Largest Crowd this year 7,854 against power house Hofstra. Henderson Center seats 10,000. Their attendance record was set in 1984. LOL. Sell Out my ass.

Marshall set a single-season attendance record in 1984-85 at 136,633 for the 16-game home schedule, an average of 8,539 per game.

59,959 - 9 home games / 6,662 - Sell Out my ass. You're either the dumbest troll ever or just plain stupid. If you need this much attention then find a dark corner get a pair of tweezers and jerk off,

Pratt loser are you still running down good WV boys????? You got a real problem. You are not even a WV guy. Why run these good WV boys down. They are lighting it up at Marshall in D1 and could play anywhere. They made 2nd round NCAA tourney. They are very good and Huggs needs them.

A star from Hedgesville High from Martinsburg, WV and a GW kid from Charleston, WV. These 2 are very good. Stop trying to run down good players. You sound lost. WVU needs them.

They are freaking seniors that have no eligibility left and would be squashed in Big 12 play. Between the 2 I would have liked to have Burkes before even thinking about Elmore. This Elmore would ride the pine at WVU. He can't play defense, he can't shoot with someone guarding him and he can't pass without turning it over aka Knapper.

You sound so stupid right now. Save face and log off. You didn’t even know Burks was from Hedgesville. I’ve got a problem? You are laughable. Drink acid

Last edited:
Reactions: WVUALLEN

Am I getting under your skin yet? Let me know when a WV kid makes it big that wasn’t recruited to a HS in WV in the last 30 years. You lose

Look at Huggs inability to recruit guards the last 6-7 years outside of JC shockingly becoming better with hard work. Outside of JC Huggs hasn’t recruited any real high level guards. I’m not talking career 7-10 point kind of guards I’m talking big time guards or NBA guards. Huggs can’t get top guards cause they don’t want to play for him. The word is out. Don’t fool with Huggs. It’s time to retire Huggs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT