ADVERTISEMENT

Top WV guards, good scorers, talented guards anywhere don’t want to play for Huggs

WVpride304

All-Conference
Dec 27, 2017
Negative recruiting is a huge issue and the word, blueprint is out against Huggs. Other schools coaches, recruiters are telling recruits that you do not want to play for Huggs because he will handcuff you and ruin your career. He substitutes every minute and takes people out for 1 little thing too often and he’s arrogant, stubborn and over the hill.

We have no guards worth a damn and Huggs never recruited Jon Elmore, CJ Burks and Luke Frampton. Now he’s stuck with a bunch of D2 guards. It’s the truth folks. It’s well known and this talk is out there. I guarantee you David Early, Bridges are being told not to play for Huggs and that he will destroy your career or handcuff your abilities.

Jon Elmore, CJ Burks are lighting it up at D1 Marshall who made 2nd round of NCAA tournament last year. They should be WVU senior back court this year. What a shame Huggs wasn’t smart enough to recruit them. 6-5 guard Frampton averages double figures at D1 Davidson. Huggs never wanted him. 6-3 215 Drew Williamson is at Beckley Prep because Huggs didn’t offer him. Drew Williamson better than any guard we have. He is way better than Harler, Doomes. We could at least have brought him in as a bench shooter. He wanted to come to WVU. Former Huntington High star 6-4 210 Mikal Dawson at Huntington Prep. He reclassified to 2019. Negative recruiting killing Huggs. What good guard wants to play for him?????? JC ain’t coming through the door again.

If those players are so great, why are they at prep schools? Shouldn't another school, like powers marshall or Davidson have picked them up?

Reactions: wvchemteach
We have no guards worth a damn and Huggs never recruited Jon Elmore, CJ Burks and Luke Frampton. Now he’s stuck with a bunch of D2 guards.

Jon Elmore, CJ Burks are lighting it up at D1 Marshall who made 2nd round of NCAA tournament last year. They should be WVU senior back court this year. What a shame Huggs wasn’t smart enough to recruit them. Huggs never wanted him. 6-3 215 Drew Williamson is at Beckley Prep because Huggs didn’t offer him. Drew Williamson better than any guard we have. He is way better than Harler, Doomes. We could at least have brought him in as a bench shooter. He wanted to come to WVU. Former Huntington High star 6-4 210 Mikal Dawson at Huntington Prep. He reclassified to 2019. Negative recruiting killing Huggs. What good guard wants to play for him?????? JC ain’t coming through the door again.

False statement on Huggs not recruiting Elmore. Mini U plays in CUSA, a conference that only gets 1 team in. I could light em up. If you like you can post your drivel of lies on the turd board. Nobody wants to hear your crap anymore. The entertainment is done. You now seem like a small lunatic that gets online privileges.

Stupidity from you is killing rivals free board. Log off your multiple profiles and stay away.

Good players in lower D1 would also help higher D1 teams as well. WVU needs Elmore and Burks badly. Both are good. Don’t be stupid. Frampton needed at WVU too. Face it.

Drew Williamson and Mikal Dawson both went to prep school this year cause they wanted better offers and another year to develop. They also went to prep school cause dumbass bad recruiting Huggs wouldn’t offer them yet. He was too busy recruiting a Miami stiff like little no shooting Trey Doomes. Huggs was too busy previously recruiting stiffs like Esa and Wes Harris. What a joke.

False statement on Huggs not recruiting Elmore. Mini U plays in CUSA, a conference that only gets 1 team in. I could light em up. If you like you can post your drivel of lies on the turd board. Nobody wants to hear your crap anymore. The entertainment is done. You now seem like a small lunatic that gets online privileges.

Stupidity from you is killing rivals free board. Log off your multiple profiles and stay away.
I was going to type the same thing...Once again Vernon has let one clown ruin the free board.

Everybody keeps saying WVU needs Elmore and Burks. Where have you been? They are seniors. No more eligibility. You're not getting them.

If we had them. Huggs should have recruited those 2 good WV boys instead of Harler. Bad evaluation by Huggs and total lack of recruiting. Huggs didn’t even offer them. Luke Frampton as well.

'member way back when Jevon and Dax kissed the Coliseum floor and cried in Huggs' hugs

Them wuz the days

Guys seems like some of the problems (losing big leads, not playing well late in games)
we were able to dodge in past years are all catching up to us and we're having a really, really
bad season. Point is that some change need to be made. Question is will they be made or
will the problems remain. The article on Huggs' approach to evaluation and problem with AAU
being overly guard oriented are a bit troubling and indicate that while we know about this problem
doesn't seem to be a plan to over come it.

Huggs can solve his problem by finding better scoring in half court sets with bigger better guards like David Early and others like Jalen Bridges and Zyon Dobbs. Dobbs is 6-3 and strong, athletic. He can press and defend, score, create in half court, full court. Early gives us a big scoring guard that can shoot from half court and drive, create. Bridges is 6-7 and can shoot, jump. Talented wing that can help Huggs. Get these 3 the next 2 years and problems are solved. Hopefully McBride turns out good too. We need him too.

If we had them. Huggs should have recruited those 2 good WV boys instead of Harler. Bad evaluation by Huggs and total lack of recruiting. Huggs didn’t even offer them. Luke Frampton as well.

Prove that he didn't recruit them. Go ahead prove it I dare ya.

Marshall stud WV boys light up the scoreboard again Saturday night. 30 points again for Burks and Elmore. They are on fire and will win Conference USA again to get automatic NCAA tourney. They will be a tough 1st round game for anybody that plays them. There won’t be a Jevon Carter pressing and playing defense this year against them. I like Elmore, Burks chances of lighting up a power 5 league program in 1st round. Easy.

Your a brainless, sleezy, moron if you think WVU doesn’t need those 2. Imagine Elmore, Burks, Haley, Beetle, Culver, Konate.....good God have mercy. They would be dominating. Huggs dropped the ball.

I wish huggy could sit down with this moron and watch him shat his pants, he would be kissin his ass while he was shaking like a leaf

Yeah man, no one wants to play for Huggs...
Oscar-Tshiebwe.jpg

Elmore enrolled at Marshall in January 2015 as a Virginia Military Institute transfer and wasn't eligible to play for the Thundering Herd men's basketball team, so he joined an intramural squad.

Elmore’s grandfather, Otmer, was diagnosed with late stages of cancer. Paralysis started setting in for the patriarch of the Elmore family, and he was no longer able to perform daily functions. In the early 1960s, Otmer played basketball for West Virginia University and was a “larger-than-life” figure for Elmore and his older brother Ot, named after him. In order to care for their grandfather, Elmore and Ot, who had redshirted as a freshman the year before at VMI, withdrew from the school before ever playing a game.

“I decided that (my grandfather) was bigger than school and basketball,” Elmore said. “I got to spend the final four months of my grandpa’s life with him every day, talking to him, taking care of him. I wouldn’t trade that for anything.”

Elmore decided to enroll at Marshall, the closest Division-I school to his house in Charleston, West Virginia. For the next few months, he drove back and forth during the week from school to his home to stay with his grandfather.

http://dailyorange.com/2017/11/mars...d-home-inauspicious-beginning-college-career/

tumblr_m1idotaezO1qa3tt9.gif

I said JC. That’s only 1. Outside of JC name 1 real big time starter he got. We’re not talking little role players. I’m asking you to name one All Big 12 stud, NBA caliber player at guard has Huggs recruited? We need more than JC. He’s gone.

Uh huh!

I think we could really use Elmore, Burks right now.

I said JC. That’s only 1. Outside of JC name 1 real big time starter he got. We’re not talking little role players. I’m asking you to name one All Big 12 stud, NBA caliber player at guard has Huggs recruited? We need more than JC. He’s gone.

Uh huh!

I think we could really use Elmore, Burks right now.
You want recent or?? This years team is down, whoopty do, Basil. McCabe and this guy will be very good... hate on!
tt-vs-wvu-1337-jermaine-haley-02JAN19-ww.jpg

I’m getting more high on Haley. McCabe may transfer out if Huggs can get a bigtime JUCO guard and another good recruit at guard. Beetle is coming back. He loves it here and won’t leave. Haley and Beetle will be good seniors next year. A bigtime JUCO guard will allow Beetle to play his great 6th man role next year. McCabe worries me. He better get a lot better. His size and lack of athletic ability really lowers his ability to get a lot better. I hope he does. I’m his biggest fan if he does.

Negative recruiting is a huge issue and the word, blueprint is out against Huggs. Other schools coaches, recruiters are telling recruits that you do not want to play for Huggs because he will handcuff you and ruin your career. He substitutes every minute and takes people out for 1 little thing too often and he’s arrogant, stubborn and over the hill.

We have no guards worth a damn and Huggs never recruited Jon Elmore, CJ Burks and Luke Frampton. Now he’s stuck with a bunch of D2 guards. It’s the truth folks. It’s well known and this talk is out there. I guarantee you David Early, Bridges are being told not to play for Huggs and that he will destroy your career or handcuff your abilities.

Jon Elmore, CJ Burks are lighting it up at D1 Marshall who made 2nd round of NCAA tournament last year. They should be WVU senior back court this year. What a shame Huggs wasn’t smart enough to recruit them. 6-5 guard Frampton averages double figures at D1 Davidson. Huggs never wanted him. 6-3 215 Drew Williamson is at Beckley Prep because Huggs didn’t offer him. Drew Williamson better than any guard we have. He is way better than Harler, Doomes. We could at least have brought him in as a bench shooter. He wanted to come to WVU. Former Huntington High star 6-4 210 Mikal Dawson at Huntington Prep. He reclassified to 2019. Negative recruiting killing Huggs. What good guard wants to play for him?????? JC ain’t coming through the door again.
In all honesty, Pitt fans Think Huggins is one of the best coaches in the country.

I’m getting more high on Haley. McCabe may transfer out if Huggs can get a bigtime JUCO guard and another good recruit at guard. Beetle is coming back. He loves it here and won’t leave. Haley and Beetle will be good seniors next year. A bigtime JUCO guard will allow Beetle to play his great 6th man role next year. McCabe worries me. He better get a lot better. His size and lack of athletic ability really lowers his ability to get a lot better. I hope he does. I’m his biggest fan if he does.
You're definitely getting high on something.

Hell yeah we are high. Pride and I smoked a gram of heroin earlier with Kandi the stripper from Southern X Posure.

I just think McCabe is overmatched. We will be waiting 3-4 years for him to even help us a little. I would be surprised if he lasts. I’m worried.

Huggs better be after a top JUCO guard. I think his reputation is starting to kill him. I’d be shocked if any good guards come here to play for a Huggs aka Sluggs.

How does Marshall get the stud freshmen Taevion Kinsey but we can’t get any good guards, wings like that????? That’s on Huggs and his terrible staff of clowns.

Marshall has way better guards. Period. Elmore and Burks wouldn’t have to deal with Jevon Carter this year. It would be open season on the terrible WV guards. Elmore and Burks would combine for 50-65 points easy on us.

I just think McCabe is overmatched. We will be waiting 3-4 years for him to even help us a little. I would be surprised if he lasts. I’m worried.

Huggs better be after a top JUCO guard. I think his reputation is starting to kill him. I’d be shocked if any good guards come here to play for a Huggs aka Sluggs.

How does Marshall get the stud freshmen Taevion Kinsey but we can’t get any good guards, wings like that????? That’s on Huggs and his terrible staff of clowns.

Marshall has way better guards. Period. Elmore and Burks wouldn’t have to deal with Jevon Carter this year. It would be open season on the terrible WV guards. Elmore and Burks would combine for 50-65 points easy on us.
Trouble is that they do not play defense nor do they rebound

Reactions: TexasTrill2018
Knapper needs to stay here. McCabe is the one who needs to transfer. Knapper showed tonight he is the one with quickness and explosive ability, potential. Not saying he is a big time starter but he at least could be a hot scorer off bench. McCabe is just overatted, slow, small, unathletic, outmatched. Keep Knapper.

Huggins has hurt Knappers confidence this year with his rediculous substitutions and over the hill coaching style. Knapper tonight is the real Knapper. Huggs needs to play him and encourage him. Build him up. Don’t give up on him. He’s a player we need to grow with. Could be excellent bench scorer here for years. He can score, shoot. He’s more athletic than McCabe.

You have to play defense as a Guard.
The scoring is optional. Especially at the Off Guard position.

One of the best I saw at Texas was Royal Ivey. Didn't really have much of an offensive game but could play defense like glue.
Allowed him to stick around the NBA for awhile.

What I saw from both those guards at Marshall in the Tournament wouldn't cut it in the Big XII.
Their opposition would score 20+ and hold them to about 10-15 points.

WVs guards pushed them around last March.
Both disappeared in that game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT