ADVERTISEMENT

To all of the Dana Lovers

If you listen to the coaches interviews the last several days they are discussing how they have to teach the kids how to practice...go listen to the interviews

That is Neal Brown teaching the players his system and his way so once they start practicing they are all on same page.
Even if Dana Holgersen and the previous staff ran the offense the same way Neal Brown would have done the same thing.
So there are no excuses.
But like I said that doesn't mean the Dana Holgersen didn't value the same things as Neal Brown.

I think where the difference will be at is developing players instead of relying on transfers.

Flashback to TVZ bold predictions of Mike Locksley, a guy with a career 6-42 W/L record, coaching at Maryland.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
LMAO! The ultimate message board loser used multiple handles to post in this thread: TVZ, "TexasTrill2018," and who knows how many others. Thanks for laugh, Allen.

Dana is head coach hire someone else....Lyons was not controlling like Ollie....If Dana has a crap DC that is Dana’s problem not Lyons..,.excuses continue

Lyons not being controlling? Lol

this comment sure aged well.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Why do some WVU fans feel the need to trash former WVU coaches?

Dana. Rich. Even rancor over Bowden by some.

Dana gave WVU some good seasons.

Rich gave WVU some outstanding seasons.

Nehlen did well for WVU, even with his 7-4 season average, with 2 exceptional seasons.

Enjoy the good memories. Support the current coach. Stop trashing everyone who leaves Morgantown for other opportunities.

It's unseemly.

Will Neal Brown be trashed after he leaves Morgantown, voluntarily or involuntarily? Geez, guys, I sure hope you don't treat other family members this way.

I love the Rich seasons. Tavon with Dana was the most elusive WVU ballcarrier of my lifetime. I cherish those memories. Stop tarnishing them.

And hope like hell that WVU can knock off #16 Kansas State on Saturday!

Neal Brown is being trashed right now after 17 games. Haven't you read the great vault and bucky boys?

Why do some WVU fans feel the need to trash every WVU coach who leaves Morgantown?

Anything less than a national title is a failure? Hell, even Alabama does win the national title every year.

Rich, Bowden, Carlen and, yes, Dana, did good things at WVU.

Nehlen didn't leave but was ready to, for Ohio State, which turned him down.

How long after Neal Brown leaves Morgangtown will he be added to the trashing list?

Loyalty is far down the list of some WVU fans.

Now, let's earn our 5.5-point favorite role against Kansas State although I don't understand how the #16 team is an underdog to an unranked team, a team that hasn't lost a game in the Big 12 this season to a team that is 2-2. WVU has a solid defense but an offense that hasn't found its way yet, with far too many dropped balls and overthrown or under-thrown passes.

Hopefully, all those problems can miraculously go away after the noon Saturday kickoff on ESPN2.

The truth is that Brown is looking more like Cignetti game to game and less like Carlen, Bowden, Nehlein, GOAT Rod, and Dana. He’s not even at Stewart’s level.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Stewart won the Fiesta when everyone was following PricRod to Michigan
(with his hair plugs was on fire),

and Holgerson's best win was with Bill Stewart's recruits, in the Orange.

I'm not sure you all's reason for this debate, because DH is gone forever.

Why do some WVU fans feel the need to trash former WVU coaches?

Dana. Rich. Even rancor over Bowden by some.

Dana gave WVU some good seasons.

Rich gave WVU some outstanding seasons.

Nehlen did well for WVU, even with his 7-4 season average, with 2 exceptional seasons.

Enjoy the good memories. Support the current coach. Stop trashing everyone who leaves Morgantown for other opportunities.

It's unseemly.

Will Neal Brown be trashed after he leaves Morgantown, voluntarily or involuntarily? Geez, guys, I sure hope you don't treat other family members this way.

I love the Rich seasons. Tavon with Dana was the most elusive WVU ballcarrier of my lifetime. I cherish those memories. Stop tarnishing them.

And hope like hell that WVU can knock off #16 Kansas State on Saturday!
This conversation always makes me laugh because this fan base trashed Stew and blamed him for Dana's problems for years. So, my response is "did you say this when our fans were trashing Stew'?

The mistake that was made was the 3am kneejerk hire of Gomer by Eddie Pasthisprime. Otherwise, a real search would have been made to replace Fraud and Gomer could have named any job he wanted in the AD EXCEPT head coach. Thankfully, that was one of two mistakes Ollie took care of when he took over as AD. The other was he and Huggy telling Marshall where to get off.
Stew was no more a mistake then Dana

Reactions: Rootmaster
I’m amazed about the comparisons of head coaches. As I thought Bill was a great human being, that was our bad hire for a head coach. And ambassador to the program, absolutely 100% all day long, but not a head coach. Luck was instrumental in getting us into a new conference, but I didn’t really care for the head coach and waiting scenario as those typically are always a nightmare unless you’re Barry Alverez, I was pretty excited about the Holgerson.
Regardless of who recruits he had, Holgerson did put it on Clemson. However coming to the big 12 was a eye opener for us because we did not, did nothave any real depth. So Holgerson had to endure that.

Now with Brown he didn’t get crap to work with as Holgerson, living on the edge as usual, was living and dying with transfers.

Brown in my opinion he’s a great hire for us. A young guy with something to prove and full of fire. Although very low and insignificant, he surpassed my expectations last year, and disappointing as it may be, should be undefeated this year going into Kansas State.

i’m extremely pissed off with the lack of discipline and dumbass penalties. However today’s a big day for him. The key with Rodriguez, like him or not, that guy could have a team get better every week. RichRod owned the months of late October and November except Pitt game.

Total insanity incomplete ignorance not to support your head coach

Reactions: 5150
Why do some WVU fans feel the need to trash every WVU coach who leaves Morgantown?

Anything less than a national title is a failure? Hell, even Alabama does win the national title every year.

Rich, Bowden, Carlen and, yes, Dana, did good things at WVU.

Nehlen didn't leave but was ready to, for Ohio State, which turned him down.

How long after Neal Brown leaves Morgangtown will he be added to the trashing list?

Loyalty is far down the list of some WVU fans.

Now, let's earn our 5.5-point favorite role against Kansas State although I don't understand how the #16 team is an underdog to an unranked team, a team that hasn't lost a game in the Big 12 this season to a team that is 2-2. WVU has a solid defense but an offense that hasn't found its way yet, with far too many dropped balls and overthrown or under-thrown passes.

Hopefully, all those problems can miraculously go away after the noon Saturday kickoff on ESPN2.
I have to give credit where credit is due, and this is CFE's best post in a long time. Trashing an ex-coach and blaming him for every current problem in your program makes you appear to be like a jilted ex-girlfriend. For every thing that some fans blame on Holgorsen, there is a counter-point. For example, who are the best offensive and defensive players on WVU's current team, and whose staff recruited them? I'd answer with Leddie Brown and Darius Stills. Holgorsen was a mixed bag as a head coach, and he's been gone now for a season and a half. It's time to move on, isn't it?

Which brings us back to Brown who is being smacked around without having his own players. People might as well get use to it for the next 5 years as he will be here that long.

Look....Ollie should have walked into Stew's office wrote him a check for what he was owed, thanked him for his service and said as the new AD I have a right to hire my own coach. Done...but Ollie did that HCIW crap...next Ollie didn't get us into the big 12 that was Jay Rockefeller...but Ollie did cross all the I's and cross all the T's...Stew was not up for the transition to the big 12 that is not the issue
Don Nehlen got us into the Bid 12. Heard it from Don himself.

This is the I Told You So Post!

Fans need to learn to support the program and not a coach. Dana was not good for WV from the start. He was caught drunk at the dog track in St Albans and over slept for a meeting with the Gov. the first two weeks here and everyone defended him(now the Ollie PR machine went into work fast on that one). How about the time Stew and his boys were in watching film during spring ball and Dana was out drinking with his boys, but this was Stew's fault because one of his coaches told to many people. Or how about the time Dana got so mad after losing that he didn't fly back with the team and didn't show up to practice until Wednesday, but once again this was a person on the staffs fault for telling people that we should have a concern.

Now, Dana got better after Ollie laid down the law following his second year(were the DC was the scapegoat) but that was when Dana hired a bunch of people that had no business coaching at this level, but it was Dunlap's fault for telling Ollie the defense was just not going to work. See the pattern, Ollie and his PR machine always made it someone else's problem.

Dana could not handle hirng and firing and day to day operations so Ollie hires the ex Penn State coach. Dana wanted out of florida recruiting because those kids were to much work so Ollie hired Seider. Lots of covering for Dana. Notice when Dana leaves Ollie pokes his head out of the said to make statements to the press.

Dana got better while he was here but I was the one telling everyone he was not fit to be a coach early in his career. I told you guys so, but lots of people were fans of Dana and not the football program.

Some things to think about!!!!!

btw...I notice some of the old Dana lovers are gone from the message board now. Hahahaha!!!!

You could say many of the same things about Huggs. Drinking problems. Abusive to players. Couldn't get along with superiors at Cincy. Got fired. Over weight. Bad health. Couldn't handle players in TWO losing seasons at WVU.
Some things to think about.
Let's not even get into the way it went down with Stew. He was the one that called a reporter to dig up dirt on Holgs. Ollie made it someone else's problem? Dana didn't want to recruit FL?
You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

Don Nehlen got us into the Bid 12. Heard it from Don himself.
I guess everyone taking credit but Ollie did not get that done by himself that is for sure. Now Ollie had to cross the T's and dot the I's

I guess everyone taking credit but Ollie did not get that done by himself that is for sure. Now Ollie had to cross the T's and dot the I's

More than one individual had a hand involved in the process.

Rockefeller and Manchin only stepped in to assure McConnell was doing nothing under the table.

The New York Times reported Wednesday that U.S. Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, had lobbied Big 12 officials -- including Boren, a former U.S. senator -- to include Louisville in expansion plans.

Texas Tech chancellor Kent Hance said McConnell called him two weeks ago to lobby for Louisville, the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal reported.

The Democratic senators from West Viginia shot back later Wednesday.

"If these outrageous reports have any merit -- and especially if a United States Senator has done anything inappropriate or unethical to interfere with a decision that the Big 12 had already made -- then I believe that there should be an investigation in the U.S. Senate, and I will fight to get the truth," Sen. Joe Manchin said in a statement. "West Virginians and the American people deserve to know exactly what is going on and whether politics is interfering with our college sports."

Sen. Jay Rockefeller, chairman of the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, which has oversight of sports, also responded to the reports, saying in a statement: "The Big 12 picked WVU on the strength of its program -- period. Now the media reports that political games may upend that. That's just flat wrong. I am doing and will do whatever it takes to get us back to the merits."

Now Don Nehlen...He had a role in getting WVU to the Big 12.

Nehlen’s contributions to WVU that got hm into the College Football Hall of Fame which included a pair of undefeated seasons and rebuilding the program so that it could remain a collegiate power, this might have been the most crucial.

Luck and Clements had an especially valuable ally in their fight to land in the Big 12: Don Nehlen. Clements asked the Mountaineers’ Hall of Fame football coach to reach out to Big 12 interim commissioner Chuck Neinas and help make their case. They’d been great friends for decades, dating back to when Neinas was executive director of the College Football Association and Nehlen was chairman of the CFA’s coaches committee and the two worked closely together on a variety of national issues.
“Big-time,” Clements said. “That was key. That relationship was critical.”

One must remember that at the time WVU and Louisville were pushing to get into the Big 12 along with TCU as it expanded to fill its final vacancy created by the departure of Missouri and it was hardly a foregone conclusion that the Mountaineers will fill the spot.

“Chuck and I were really good friends. We had worked together for five or six years. He was the executive director of the College Football Association and I was the representative of the Football Coaches of America,” Nehlen began.
“We would meet three or four times a year and we were very instrumental in getting some sanity in the recruiting rules.”

The most important thing they did with recruiting was manage to put together a proposal to get alumni and boosters out of the recruiting process, which was not an easy sell for Nehlen to the coaches.

Luck and Clements had held negotiations with Neinas but hadn’t yet reached a deal.
“When going to the Big 12 rolled around, President Clements called me and said, ‘Hey, Don, Chuck Neinas says he’s not going to do anything unless he talks to you. So, I called Chuck,” Nehlen said.

Neinas had been the commissioner of the Big Eight for a decade before leaving and was serving as interim commissioner at this time in 2011.

Nehlen reports the conversation went like this, or something close to it;

NEHLEN: Hey, Chuck, what’s up?

NEINAS: Do you want in the Big 12?

NEHLEN: Yes we do.

NEINAS: Well, I’ll tell you what. If you want in, you are going to have to play next year and you’ve got to get an airport so we can land in Morgantown.

And that was that.

“I left the airport up to Dr. Clements. I said, ‘You handle that one,’” Nehlen said.
Let’s just say that’s still ongoing.

Certainly Nehlen was ready to make the move.

“I knew the Big East was crumbling. I’ll be honest. I was kind of disappointed. I thought we’d get into the ACC. It kind of made sense geographically. The Big 12 didn’t make sense geographically,” he said.

“When Miami, Boston College and Virginia Tech pulled out, the Big East became just an average league. It was starting to fall apart.

“I thought we had to do something but Ollie and Dr. Clements really wanted to get into the Big 12 ... so, whatever little I could do I did.”

And what he could do was convince Neinas that WVU was ready to play at that level right away.

“I told him, Chuck, we could be competitive right away .. maybe not with Oklahoma. But Texas had slipped and was going through some tough times,” Nehlen said.
Neinas was receptive and Nehlen knew the deal would get done.

Dana was a good coach.

Compare 2011 Big East coaches to 2018 Big 12 coaches.

Butch Jones
Charlie Strong
Todd Graham
Greg Schiano
Paul Pasqualoni
Skip Holtz
Doug Marrone

Marrone was probably considered the best coach.
None of those coaches would be considered great to elite.

Big 12
Mike Gundy
Lincoln Riley
Matt Rhule
Tom Herman
Gary Patterson
Matt Campbell
Bill Snyder
David Beaty
Kliff Kingsbury

1 Hall of Fame coach
1 Potential Hall of Fame Coach in Patterson
4 Top 20 coaches in Riley, Gundy, Herman and Campbell

The major difference in the Big East and the Big 12 is coaching.

Even Neal Brown at best would be right below Matt Rhule.
8th on the list
Rhule is a great coach. Has interviewed for NFL jobs the last two years
OMG TVZ and his alter posting in the same thread. @WVUALLEN please check the list for TexasTrill2018 under TVZ's list of names for verification....

The real question is whether the serial profile king will continue his charade of being a Texas fan this week. His man love for Neal Brown drips all over his posts whenever he forgets that he's a make-believe Texas fan on here. He'll try extra hard this week to make everybody believe that he's a Texas fan, so that he can grace everybody with his superior wisdom and knowledge during the wee hours of Sunday morning, if Texas wins on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT