ADVERTISEMENT

"TikTok" ban passes... this is not good

This bill does not just ban TikTok, it is far broader than that.
Like the Patriot Act used to spy on terrorist, then the right wing extremists are terrorist
STOP GIVING GOVERNMENT MORE POWER!!!!
No argument from me and I wholly agree government has far too much power and anytime they try to "ban" something, they overreach. I supported the Patriot Act, but regret that stance. Tik Tok is a weapon of mass destruction and designed by the Chinese to accelerate our cultural rot. Parents should keep it away from their children.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
No argument from me and I wholly agree government has far too much power and anytime they try to "ban" something, they overreach. I supported the Patriot Act, but regret that stance. Tik Tok is a weapon of mass destruction and designed by the Chinese to accelerate our cultural rot. Parents should keep it away from their children.
Do we have specific examples of what is causing this rot?

seems purposefully overly broad to use for future censorship

I'm not a fan of banning stuff but I highly recommend people stay off of it. I also understand people won't listen to that advice. Just understand it's a tool to run psychological operations to keep Americans distracted and ignorant. That's why the version in China is different.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of banning stuff but I highly recommend people stay off of it. I also understand people won't listen to that advice. Just understand it's a tool to run psychological operations to keep Americans distracted and ignorant. That's why the version in China is different.
Asking Americans to pay attention..lmao ...sorta like Asking Irishman not to drink ...good luck

Reactions: cam_blev
This shit makes me want to break something.....
GIp6-kiasAA-gXQ

This shit makes me want to break something.....
GIp6-kiasAA-gXQ

Censorship isn't the answer. People need to choose not to use it or be educated on how to identify propaganda. Once you start down the Censorship road it will never end. I say this understanding that all Social Media can and is corrupted by numerous Governments.

Last edited:
Does he really believe this?
My biggest issue with Trump is that he himself has fallen into the Red v Blue game and as much as he was a counter to the establishment he still works within that frame.
But this is so much more about control and as Carlin said "its a big party", Trump not only gets the invite he throws those parties. I don't know that he has the life experience to really understand what is going on in the lives of the people living in our country any more than other politicians.

It's the puppet show with the politicians.

Congress with their AIPAC funds are getting exposed with Israel narrative. Pretty much how it has always been until now. The ones that voted for a ban of Tik Tok correlate to their payouts by AIPAC. At least a few did flip to no in recent days. The Senate won't be rushing their decision. Biden has already said he will sign off with the ban.

Over 180 million people in the US are on Tik Tok...

Does he really believe this?
My biggest issue with Trump is that he himself has fallen into the Red v Blue game and as much as he was a counter to the establishment he still works within that frame.
But this is so much more about control and as Carlin said "its a big party", Trump not only gets the invite he throws those parties. I don't know that he has the life experience to really understand what is going on in the lives of the people living in our country any more than other politicians.

Trump is for free speech he is just kicking Zuckerberg in the balls. This is something that has to be done by Congress anyways. People should be calling them and complaining. Tick Tock and Facebook are both collecting your Data. They are both using it to build Social Profiles on their users. My advice is get off of it and let the market deal with it. Sounds like a great opportunity for an American Company to develop something similar while promoting they won't collect your Data and sell it to others. All while allowing free speech.

Dopamine Feedback Loop is powerful drug. Propaganda is also a dangerous tool. However neither side should be silencing or shadow banning the other here in the US.

Trump is for free speech he is just kicking Zuckerberg in the balls. This is something that has to be done by Congress anyways. People should be calling them and complaining. Tick Tock and Facebook are both collecting your Data. They are both using it to build Social Profiles on their users. My advice is get off of it and let the market deal with it. Sounds like a great opportunity for an American Company to develop something similar while promoting they won't collect your Data and sell it to others. All while allowing free speech.

Dopamine Feedback Loop is powerful drug. Propaganda is also a dangerous tool. However neither side should be silencing or shadow banning the other here in the US.
Yeah, how is Zuckerberg any different that the Chicoms? He essentially funded the election fraud in 2020. Hard to justify banning one and not the other.

Yeah, how is Zuckerberg any different that the Chicoms? He essentially funded the election fraud in 2020. Hard to justify banning one and not the other.

I'm not in favor of banning media. I will recommend not using either one or watching Morning Joe. All three will rot your brain.

I'm not in favor of banning media. I will recommend not using either one or watching Morning Joe. All three will rot your brain.

I prefer fact checking the tyrant left wing nutjobs. Perfect example of how it needs to be done.

Community notes.

Yes they are.

I agree with you that Tik-Tok and Facebook are horrible for society and serve as an opiate for the masses.

However, as a point of fact, the legislation does not "ban" Tik-Tok. It requires Bytedance (a Chinese company, i think) to divest, or sell, its interest in Tik-Tok within 6 months of passage of the bill. One of Trump's former Secretaries (Steve Mnuchin) isntrying to put together an investment group to buy Tik-Tok.

The legislation is aimed at foreign adversaries, not domestic owners:

"The bill, Protecting Americans from Foreign Adversary Controlled Applications Act, specifically addresses concerns regarding control of U.S. data by a "foreign adversary." The term foreign adversary is defined in the bill as countries specified under § 4872(d)(2) of Title 10 of the United States Code.

This definition refers to the People's Republic of China, the Russian Federation, the Islamic Republic of Iran, and the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea.

While the bill mentions TikTok owner ByteDance, it says its broader aim is to "protect the national security of the United States from the threat posed by foreign adversary controlled applications."

I agree with you that Tik-Tok and Facebook are horrible for society and serve as an opiate for the masses.

However, as a point of fact, the legislation does not "ban" Tik-Tok. It requires Bytedance (a Chinese company, i think) to divest, or sell, its interest in Tik-Tok within 6 months of passage of the bill. One of Trump's former Secretaries (Steve Mnuchin) isntrying to put together an investment group to buy Tik-Tok.

"The bill, Protecting Americans from Foreign Adversary Controlled Applications Act, specifically addresses concerns regarding control of U.S. data by a "foreign adversary." The term foreign adversary is defined in the bill as countries specified under § 4872(d)(2) of Title 10 of the United States Code.

This definition refers to the People's Republic of China, the Russian Federation, the Islamic Republic of Iran, and the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea.

While the bill mentions TikTok owner ByteDance, it says its broader aim is to "protect the national security of the United States from the threat posed by foreign adversary controlled applications."

I understand what the bill says and what they are telling you. I also understand what will actually happen and where it leads next. Some of the same people that support this have been selling out to the CCP for decades so no one trusts this is about protecting anyone from the CCP. Like I said above. I recommend people stay off it. More importantly I recommend you take responsibility for your children and teach them how not to be victims of communist propaganda.

WallStreetApes

EXCELLENT TikTok Ban Breakdown‌

“I know for a fact they're not trying to ban TikTok for the reason that it's owned by China.
You know how I know that?
Because it's not f**** owned by China.
It's just f***** not.”‌

Fact Checkers Say “In 2021, a Chinese state-owned enterprise purchased a "golden share" stake in ByteDance, the parent company of TikTok, allowing the Chinese government to outvote all other shareholders.”‌

Well in 2021, China's Government bought only a 1% stake in the main domestic unit of TikTok owner ByteDance.‌ByteDance told Insider the domestic unit that sold the golden shares "has no ownership, visibility, or input into ByteDance's global operations.
"‌Mainstream media outlets like Wall Street Journal says not to listen to anything the company says, “The government's purchase of the golden shares was partly intended to give Beijing a say in what happens to TikTok's algorithm”
This has NOT been proven but they’re all running with it.
Reuters Fact Checkers say there are many golden stake shares that expand the Chinese government’s influence in TikTok but they also say “Reuters was not able to ascertain how many other data-rich firms authorities were seeking to take a golden share in.”
So they don’t actually even know for sure, they’re just reporting it.

‌- “60% of the company is owned by international investors, including US investors
- 20% is owned by its founders
- The other 20% is owned by the employees. Nearly 10,000 of which are US citizens‌

And I know they're not trying to ban it to protect the private information of Americans from the CCP.

Do you know how I know that?‌
Because all American user information is on servers in Texas, already overseen by a US company called Oracle.‌
So we know it's not because it's owned by China, and we know it's not to protect our personal information.
So the only valid question is, why do they wanna ban it?
And the answer to that is this isn't about TikTok.‌

If you actually take the time and read through the bill that they just passed, here's one very important thing that this bill allows them to do.‌

That is to shut down or take control of any social media platform that they claim interferes with the election.

And who would make that determination? President. The president would have complete power on whether or not to shut down a social media platform. Oh, and if that platform wanted to appeal it, that is gonna be ruled by the DC Court of Appeals.‌

This concentrates power over all social media platforms that don't wanna get in line, that don't wanna give the government what they want, that don't wanna do what the government says.
That's all this is about.
See, they tried to do this before.
They tried to do it with Facebook and Instagram, but Facebook and Instagram got in line.
They didn't do it with Twitter for a while because Twitter was doing what they told them to do.‌
But then once Elon bought it, they tried it again because x wouldn't get in line.
But they couldn't build up enough support for that,‌
- 1, because Elon's a f***** billionaire,
- 2, because he's an American who's liked and they couldn't get enough support to shut him down.‌

So now they're trying it again using the specter of Chinese own.‌
Aren't you worried about your privacy?
Now if I was worried about my privacy,
I wouldn't use Google.
I wouldn't use Alexa.
I wouldn't shop on Amazon.
I wouldn't use facial recognition on my phone.
I wouldn't go on Facebook and Instagram because we know they're stealing our information.
I wouldn't hold this phone in my hand because we all know it's listening.‌

And people are wondering why the government was able to come together and agree on this.
Why wouldn't they?
Why would the government not come together and agree on granting themselves power?
Because that's all this bill does.
It takes away your right to privacy and communication and gives it to them.”

WallStreetApes

EXCELLENT TikTok Ban Breakdown‌

“I know for a fact they're not trying to ban TikTok for the reason that it's owned by China.
You know how I know that?
Because it's not f**** owned by China.
It's just f***** not.”‌

Fact Checkers Say “In 2021, a Chinese state-owned enterprise purchased a "golden share" stake in ByteDance, the parent company of TikTok, allowing the Chinese government to outvote all other shareholders.”‌

Well in 2021, China's Government bought only a 1% stake in the main domestic unit of TikTok owner ByteDance.‌ByteDance told Insider the domestic unit that sold the golden shares "has no ownership, visibility, or input into ByteDance's global operations.
"‌Mainstream media outlets like Wall Street Journal says not to listen to anything the company says, “The government's purchase of the golden shares was partly intended to give Beijing a say in what happens to TikTok's algorithm”
This has NOT been proven but they’re all running with it.
Reuters Fact Checkers say there are many golden stake shares that expand the Chinese government’s influence in TikTok but they also say “Reuters was not able to ascertain how many other data-rich firms authorities were seeking to take a golden share in.”
So they don’t actually even know for sure, they’re just reporting it.

‌- “60% of the company is owned by international investors, including US investors
- 20% is owned by its founders
- The other 20% is owned by the employees. Nearly 10,000 of which are US citizens‌

And I know they're not trying to ban it to protect the private information of Americans from the CCP.

Do you know how I know that?‌
Because all American user information is on servers in Texas, already overseen by a US company called Oracle.‌
So we know it's not because it's owned by China, and we know it's not to protect our personal information.
So the only valid question is, why do they wanna ban it?
And the answer to that is this isn't about TikTok.‌

If you actually take the time and read through the bill that they just passed, here's one very important thing that this bill allows them to do.‌

That is to shut down or take control of any social media platform that they claim interferes with the election.

And who would make that determination? President. The president would have complete power on whether or not to shut down a social media platform. Oh, and if that platform wanted to appeal it, that is gonna be ruled by the DC Court of Appeals.‌

This concentrates power over all social media platforms that don't wanna get in line, that don't wanna give the government what they want, that don't wanna do what the government says.
That's all this is about.
See, they tried to do this before.
They tried to do it with Facebook and Instagram, but Facebook and Instagram got in line.
They didn't do it with Twitter for a while because Twitter was doing what they told them to do.‌
But then once Elon bought it, they tried it again because x wouldn't get in line.
But they couldn't build up enough support for that,‌
- 1, because Elon's a f***** billionaire,
- 2, because he's an American who's liked and they couldn't get enough support to shut him down.‌

So now they're trying it again using the specter of Chinese own.‌
Aren't you worried about your privacy?
Now if I was worried about my privacy,
I wouldn't use Google.
I wouldn't use Alexa.
I wouldn't shop on Amazon.
I wouldn't use facial recognition on my phone.
I wouldn't go on Facebook and Instagram because we know they're stealing our information.
I wouldn't hold this phone in my hand because we all know it's listening.‌

And people are wondering why the government was able to come together and agree on this.
Why wouldn't they?
Why would the government not come together and agree on granting themselves power?
Because that's all this bill does.
It takes away your right to privacy and communication and gives it to them.”
This. I don't have any social media unless you count this site .

I dislike social media or I should say I hate what it has done to people.
This is a power grab and nothing more .

I would also recommend not watching the Pedo-of-the-US if one desires to avoid brain rot.

I am sure government won't abuse a law like this similarly to how they have used the Patriot Act to spy on American citizens because government always learns from its misdeeds and never wants to expand it's control over citizens

For those that haven't heard about what's going on in Canada now would be a good time to research it. Some want that here.

Canadians will no longer have access to news content on Facebook and Instagram, Meta says​

Jonathan Turley warns Canada 'doubling down' on push to restrict free speech: 'Not likely to end there'​

Canada's Online Harms Act seeks to regulate social media platforms in order to make them safer​

Trudeau's 'Orwellian online harms bill': Canada PM backs imprisoning people for LIFE over speech crimes in social media 'safety' crackdown​

Last edited:
Pretty good summary. I'm obviously no fan of the CCP. I want to decouple from China until the Communist Party is defeated and run out of power by their citizens. However be cautious of what you are being sold as what this really is about.

Pretty good summary. I'm obviously no fan of the CCP. I want to decouple from China until the Communist Party is defeated and run out of power by their citizens. However be cautious of what you are being sold as what this really is about.

As our government allows a spy balloon to travel the country...
As we are so in bed with China that most of our needs is made there
As a lot of our msm is partially owned by Chinese people..... yep its TikTok that's spying....
Not saying TikTok couldn't be just saying.....

As a lot of our msm is partially owned by Chinese people..... yep its TikTok that's spying....

They are spying on you all while building a profile on you and you should stay off it. It's not just a spying problem but there's the propaganda influence problem too. I can't stress enough that people should stay off of it. However I'm also saying that should be everyone's personal decision instead of the Governments. First It's Tick Tock then it's X then it's all sites under yahoo. Like this one. Then I can't teach people how Psychological Operations work. Know what I mean ...

They are spying on you all while building a profile on you and you should stay off it. It's not just a spying problem but there's the propaganda influence problem too. I can't stress enough that people should stay off of it. However I'm also saying that should be everyone's personal decision instead of the Governments. First It's Tick Tock then it's X then it's all sites under yahoo. Like this one. Then I can't teach people how Psychological Operations work. Know what I mean ...

The future of Warfare when invading a country after building a profile on a majority of the citizens. You will fall in one of three categories.

The first category is this.

collaborator
/kəˈlæbəˌreɪtɚ/
noun
plural collaborators
[count]

: a person who works with another person or group in order to achieve or do something
[+] Example sentences

: a person who helps an enemy who has invaded his or her country during a war

The second group is you go to a re-education camp.

The third is they shoot you in the head or behead you while filming it so they can broadcast later. Why? Because they already know you will not comply.

I don't use it. This site is my only form of social media. I know they track my every search on this phone and if you have a newer vehicle they track you with it .
Why I have a '75 so I can leave my phone at home and get lost ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT