ADVERTISEMENT

This IS the year?

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
With the shoddy play from top to bottom in the Big 12 maybe if WVU offense and match WVU defense this will be the Mountaineers' best shot at winning the Big 12 title.

Who knows?

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Our offense needs to improve immediately for that to happen.

Offensive line and self destruction mode will need to improve. I think the offense would be fine if we could stop defenses from making a living in the backfield.

We've already played the toughest team in Oklahoma State and they are not invincible.

Reactions: JWG66 and locustwv
If we keep getting better each week it could happen. Defense is playing solid so far. The O need to step it up a bit. We'll see what happens. Iowa St is going to be a really tough game. They seem to be playing good defense. If they had better talent they would be the class of the B12 imo. I think their coach is the best in the conference. He does more with less than any of them.

With the shoddy play from top to bottom in the Big 12 maybe if WVU offense and match WVU defense this will be the Mountaineers' best shot at winning the Big 12 title.

Who knows?
So fakesportswriter your logic is if the conference sucks and everyone plays down to our level then the Mountaineers might win the title by default. You obviously don't think very highly of WVU!

Offensive line and self destruction mode will need to improve. I think the offense would be fine if we could stop defenses from making a living in the backfield.

We've already played the toughest team in Oklahoma State and they are not invincible.

So far this year reminds me a lot of spring ball where the D is way ahead of the offense. We made so many mistakes on O in Qs 2-4 that it was impossible to establish any rhythm. A decent team would have gotten several scores off of those offensive errors. Got to hope we get Gmiter back and use the off week to clean up our plays.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Whats shoddy about BIG 12 play- have you seen the scores in the acc and sec?

they run it up its great football- BIG 12 does its “ no defense”.

the only problem the BIG 12 has is not enough teams to just play against each other

If we keep getting better each week it could happen. Defense is playing solid so far. The O need to step it up a bit. We'll see what happens. Iowa St is going to be a really tough game. They seem to be playing good defense. If they had better talent they would be the class of the B12 imo. I think their coach is the best in the conference. He does more with less than any of them.

Purdy is the best QB in the Big 12. I see WVU finishing no better than 7th in the league due to the offense.

With our schedule backloaded it's going to make it very hard for a strong finish. The offense is not at the level of most of the Big 12.

Whats shoddy about BIG 12 play- have you seen the scores in the acc and sec?

they run it up its great football- BIG 12 does its “ no defense”.

the only problem the BIG 12 has is not enough teams to just play against each other
Did you forget about the OOC embarrassments in week one?

Did you forget about the OOC embarrassments in week one?

No. 3 of 10 BIG 12 teams lost to good OOC teams. Several conferences either played super lightweights OOC or aren't playing any at all. So there is nothing with which to compare the BIG 12 results to.

A minority of the schools lost games in a season where Covid played a role in practice and play--hardly makes the entire conference terrible

There are a couple of "elite" teams out there, and everyone else most BIG 12 schools could compete with well.

OU and Texas couldn't put up big numbers on most SEC teams or ACC teams? OK State couldn't? K State, ISU and others couldn't? Couldn't stop any of them? People are trying to project the results of the first game back against a few good OOC opponents with the entire conference--simply stupid.

KSU, ISU, Kansas lost to Sun Belt teams.

Arkansas State is 1-2
Coastal Carolina is 3-0 but played Campbell Soup U in their 2nd game and did what KSU couldn't do and that was beat Arkansas State. ISU got completely embarrassed by Louisiana who is a good team but to get your butt handed to you at home 31-14. Louisiana has struggled to win a game since slapping ISU. I can see Kansas losing that's normal.

Big 12 is weak this year and has proven so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT