ADVERTISEMENT

The Rest of the "Abuse" Story is Starting to Leak Out...

He wasn't prosecuted because she dropped the charges. The police report, which McMurphy has a copy of, clearly states that the police arrested and booked him and recommended charges be filed by the DA. He wasn't prosecuted because a week later, she refused to press charges.

Your claim that her checks "were about to stop" is bogus. Not only would she, as a non-working mother, be eligible for alimony, but she would be receiving quite a nice check for having two children which she had primary custody of with a guy making around $300,000. Your excuse doesn't add up.

It doesn't matter how toxic their relationship was and how much her craziness had to do with it. Assuming what has been presented is factual - and there is no reason to believe it isn't at this point - Urban allowed repeated instances of abuse go on while keeping a guy on staff.
You must know absolutely nothing about domestic relations law, or how this process works, but your enormous ego compels you to post with authority as to any subject. Guess what often happens when a highly-paid person who is required to make large alimony payments gets fired: His attorney files a motion with the local family court to modify alimony, or a similar motion, due to changed circumstances, and the Judge/Family Law Master usually grants the motion, and reduces the alimony obligation. Stay in your lane, and I won't pretend to be an expert about coaching quarterbacks at glorified high schools masquerading as college football programs. Accept that you're incredibly biased against Zach Smith and Urban Meyer, and move along now.

P.S. to the fake Michigan fan: Rifle is a big boy, and doesn't need "help" from a moron like you, who needs a towel to sop up your tears about Michigan's 0-6 record vs. Urban's Ohio State Buckeyes.

You must know absolutely nothing about domestic relations law, or how this process works, but your enormous ego compels you to post with authority as to any subject. Guess what often happens when a highly-paid person who is required to make large alimony payments gets fired: His attorney files a motion with the local family court to modify alimony, or a similar motion, due to changed circumstances, and the Judge/Family Law Master usually grants the motion, and reduces the alimony obligation. Stay in your lane, and I won't pretend to be an expert about coaching quarterbacks at glorified high schools masquerading as college football programs. Accept that you're incredibly biased against Zach Smith and Urban Meyer, and move along now.

P.S. to the fake Michigan fan: Rifle is a big boy, and doesn't need "help" from a moron like you, who needs a towel to sop up your tears about Michigan's 0-6 record vs. Urban's Ohio State Buckeyes.

My quote you emboldened didn't consider that you're so fvcking stupid that you thought Courtney wasn't the one behind all of this.

Your theory is completely illogical for numerous reasons:

1) You claim that Courtney knew her checks would stop if Zach lost his job. You claim that due to this, Courtney requested that the divorce documents be sealed. If Courtney knew that Zach's termination would stop the checks, and if she was concerned about that enough to have court documents sealed, then why would she fabricate incidents that she knew would result in his termination? She cared enough about the checks to have the documents sealed so Zach wouldn't get fired (so that the checks would keep flowing), yet she allegedly fabricated dozens of incidents that she knew would result in the checks stopping (due to Zach's firing)? That makes absolutely, completely, undoubtedly, 100%, no fvcking sense.

2) You claim that Courtney only went public after Zach's firing. How do you think the media found out about the incidents that led to Zach's firing? Do you think the media happened to be asleep multiple times in 2015, multiple times in 2017-2018, then just happened to be perusing suburban Ohio court records/police scanners and found out about this? Courtney was the one who provided the information which resulted in Zach's firing. So your theory that she only went public and wanted this information leaked was because she knew the checks would stop now? God damn, you're one stupid b!tch.

3) Why would I have any bias, let alone be "incredibly biased" against either of them? I have no skin in this game. On the other hand, you're the one who is incredibly biased due to your allegiance to the program.

Your theory keeps getting more and more bizarre and comically dumb.

Reactions: Stone_Cold
You're understanding of how the domestic relations process works continues to be at a juvenile level, and you prove every day why you lost your piddly-ass job as QB coach at a nothing college. She requested that the court documents be sealed BEFORE he was fired, and she didn't do the interview until AFTER he had been fired. Follow the money, sh!t-for-brains. You're lying about your level of interest in this case, as you immediately jumped on here to announce that Marshall had hired Smith in 2010. Why would you bash your alma mater about this, if you did not have "skin in the game?"

I can't wait for Ms. Smith's biggest advocate to explain away the latest on this story:

Tweets

1. 105.7 The Zone‏@1057TheZone 8m8 minutes ago

We are also working to confirm an alleged $10k payment from Texas Coach Tom Herman and his wife to Courtney Smith, for legal fees. Calls to Courtney's attorney have not been returned.

DkVm-KnXsAA_k_k.jpg

Your own source claims Herman's wife and Courtney remain best friends, and that makes an alleged $10,000 gift to pay for legal fees some sort of proof?

How would Herman and his wife know about the abuse if it didn't exist? Ohhhhh, I know! Back in 2009, before Herman had ever worked with Zach or Urban, he was able to predict all of their career movements. So he had Courtney fabricate all of these things starting in 2009. Got it.

Regardless of any veracity behind the Hermans helping Courtney or pushing her to go public with it, how does that change the facts that she was abused by Zach, that Urban knew about it since 2009, that Urban lied about it, and that you're a moron who can't put 2 and 2 together?

You're understanding of how the domestic relations process works continues to be at a juvenile level,

*Your. Where is your degree(s) from?

Nothing I have said indicates anything about my knowledge of domestic relations. You took something completely out of context which was based on the assumption that you aren't as completely biased and absurd as you've now shown yourself to be.

And now McMurphy presents text messages from 20014 by Courtney's mom showing her attacking Zach for his consistent physical abuse of Courtney. Wait, didn't she recently he never abused her and he was just defending himself? HA! There goes her credibility. To top it off, she confirmed to McMurphy that those are messages she had sent to Zach.

Her excuse now? Zach had to choke Courtney by putting his hands on her throat to be able to get away from her.

That hole keeps getting deeper and deeper for Zach and Urban.

Your own source claims Herman's wife and Courtney remain best friends, and that makes an alleged $10,000 gift to pay for legal fees some sort of proof?

How would Herman and his wife know about the abuse if it didn't exist? Ohhhhh, I know! Back in 2009, before Herman had ever worked with Zach or Urban, he was able to predict all of their career movements. So he had Courtney fabricate all of these things starting in 2009. Got it.

Regardless of any veracity behind the Hermans helping Courtney or pushing her to go public with it, how does that change the facts that she was abused by Zach, that Urban knew about it since 2009, that Urban lied about it, and that you're a moron who can't put 2 and 2 together?
Why would Ms. Smith need the money, genius? You keep posting that money didn't play a role in the timing of her interview. Also, Urban didn't lie about Ms. Smith's abuse allegations in 2009, so you're confused. I have not once stated either that Mr. Smith is a good guy or that he never put his hands on his ex-wife, so stop that bullsh!t. Nice grammar fail by you, too, by the way. Stick to the subject, about which you allegedly have no skin in the game.

And now McMurphy presents text messages from 20014 by Courtney's mom showing her attacking Zach for his consistent physical abuse of Courtney. Wait, didn't she recently he never abused her and he was just defending himself? HA! There goes her credibility. To top it off, she confirmed to McMurphy that those are messages she had sent to Zach.

Her excuse now? Zach had to choke Courtney by putting his hands on her throat to be able to get away from her.

That hole keeps getting deeper and deeper for Zach and Urban.
McMurphy's report has been changed at least five times, according to Reddit, and the author has not explained any of the changes, but you should keep treating him as if his information is the Gospel, as your agenda has become crystal clear. You didn't get that job at Marshall in 2010, did you?

You keep posting that money didn't play a role in the timing of her interview.

Wrong! YOU were the one who said that she only went public after she realized the checks would stop coming. Are you truly that dumb or just dishonest with what you said? Again, why would she have made all of these allegedly fabricated stories since 2009 knowing that they would have a good chance of ending her checks (due to Zach most likely being fired because of any of them)? Your theory makes absolutely no sense.

Also, Urban didn't lie about Ms. Smith's abuse allegations in 2009, so you're confused.

Reading comprehension, moron. I said that Urban had known about Zach abusing his wife since 2009 and he lied about it. "Since" indicates a period of time. "Since" includes the abuse in 2015. Urban lied about having knowledge of the incidents SINCE 2009 (he acknowledged knowing about 2009, but SINCE then, he denied knowing anything). That was a lie.

Further, to paint even more wrong on Urban, lets talk about his lies to Doc. Doc wasn't on the Florida staff during Zach's first abuse arrest. When coaches hire other coaches, especially young ones, they talk to their former head coaches. Urban would have almost assuredly been asked about any issues he had with Zach before Urban hired him. Even in the rare case that wasn't asked, the fact that Urban hid that major incident from Doc is a huge deal.

Nice grammar fail by you, too, by the way. Stick to the subject, about which you allegedly have no skin in the game.

Explain how this is a "grammar fail," moron:

"Regardless of any veracity behind the Hermans helping Courtney or pushing her to . . . "

There is absolutely nothing grammatically incorrect about that. You emboldened "Hermans" in my quote to show your belief that there is something incorrect about it. Explain to us what is wrong with it (hint: there is absolutely nothing incorrect about it).

McMurphy's report has been changed at least five times,

What has been changed? Let me guess: you're getting this bogus information and your illogical, bogus arguments from other Ohio State fans. Brilliant!

You didn't get that job at Marshall in 2010, did you?

I was making more than a quarter of a million dollars in 2010. I didn't start coaching (or even pursuing it) until 2012. So, no, I not only didn't pursue that job but probably wasn't even aware it was open.

One of the many changes to McMurphy's original report was the deletion of the story that Earle Bruce and another man had traveled to Florida to talk Ms. Smith out of pressing charges against her (then) husband. I'm not going to waste my time figuring out the others. I posted that Ms. Smith's interview occurred AFTER Mr. Smith's firing, a fact that you are unable to dispute. Ms. Smith allegedly called the police dozens of times in 2015, but asked that the records be sealed. She knew damn well that if her reports were made public her husband might be fired. That's why she requested that they be sealed. After Mr. Smith had been fired, she had much less of a financial incentive to keep quiet. This isn't the rocket science that your stubborn a$$ is making it out to be. You're going to be suicidal, if Urban keeps his job. But you don't care, right? Liar.

I posted that Ms. Smith's interview occurred AFTER Mr. Smith's firing, a fact that you are unable to dispute.

The relevance of that according to you is that it shows Courtney wanted everything kept quiet so that Zach wouldn't lose his job and so that she would continue receiving checks. But as I already said, that fails the logic test in two huge ways:

1) If she knew Zach could/would lose his job from these stories going public, why would she have pressed charges against him when he was still employed? If she knew this information going public could/would result in his termination, thus no checks for her, why would she have pressed charges or attempted to multiple times when he was still employed? Pressing charges would result in public record meaning Zach would have a good chance of being fired. Your story just isn't adding up.

2) If the money was all she cared about, why would she have confirmed all of the abuse info BEFORE Zach was fired? You realize McMurphy had already talked to her about this days before Zach's firing and days before the info went public, right?

You're going to be suicidal, if Urban keeps his job. But you don't care, right? Liar.

I care to the extent that I think Zach and Urban are both pieces of shit. Other than that, no, I don't care. Don't take my arguing with you and pointing out your illogical attempts as some huge passion that I have to see Urban be fired. That's not the situation. I routinely point out illogical arguments from people even if I agree with the side for which they are arguing.

Explain how this is a "grammar fail," moron:

"Regardless of any veracity behind the Hermans helping Courtney or pushing her to . . . "

There is absolutely nothing grammatically incorrect about that. You emboldened "Hermans" in my quote to show your belief that there is something incorrect about it. Explain to us what is wrong with it (hint: there is absolutely nothing incorrect about it).

Why are you running and hiding from this now, coward? Explain how it was grammatically wrong.

Running and hiding? LMAO. My computer froze up, you narcissistic ba$tard! I have work to do, so please confine your posts directed at me to one at a time. I would have typed an apostrophe after "Hermans," but to each his own. Your diatribe continues to fail. If Ms. Smith wanted everybody to know about her allegations before Mr. Smith was fired, then she would not have had the records sealed. I did not post that Ms. Smith only reported this because of the money, and do not believe this to be true. My point is that she did not do a public interview before Mr. Smith had been fired because she did not want lose big $. This doesn't mean that she wasn't abused, or that she didn't have other non-monetary reasons to trash Mr. Smith. What it means is that $ was a big motivating factor in the timing of her public interview.

My computer froze up, you narcissistic ba$tard!

Your computer froze up, yet you were able to hit "submit" for your post? Does that mean if it hadn't "froze up" you were actually going to explain the alleged grammar error and would have directed more than one post at a time to me, which would then make you a hypocrite considering your below request . . .

I have work to do, so please confine your posts directed at me to one at a time.

My last post was the only one I made in between your posts. There was only one directed at you, moron, before you responded again. You're really, really struggling.

I would have typed an apostrophe after "Hermans," but to each his own.

And you would have been wrong. The apostrophe would have made it a possessive, which would be fine, but you would have had to change other parts of the sentence. You would have had to add an "of" in the sentence to make the possessive correct.

The original statement, which you incorrectly claimed was wrong:

"Regardless of any veracity behind the Hermans helping Courtney or pushing her to go public with it, how does that change the facts that she was abused by Zach . . . "

Now, if you added an apostrophe to make it a possessive, as you said you would have done, you would have had to add "of" before "Courtney." Not only was my usage correct, but your attempt to edit it would have been wrong. Is there anything worse than trying to point out an error of somebody else's only to have it backfire on you when you realize they were actually correct? I can't answer that, because it has never happened to me. You, on the other hand, seem to have a lot of experience with that, moron.

If Ms. Smith wanted everybody to know about her allegations before Mr. Smith was fired, then she would not have had the records sealed.

Not all of that information was sealed, and the parts that were sealed weren't entirely by her request.

Your theory fails to address this basic lack of logic involved in it: if Courtney was aware that these police reports, protective order, arrests, etc. would severely jeopardize his career/her checks, why would she continue to fabricate them? She can't have everything sealed. Not everything was sealed. So you're telling me that she would take that risk if money happened to be the big motivating factor behind her granting an interview? That just doesn't make sense.

Here is her file for the protective order:

https://deadspin.com/courtney-smiths-protective-order-detailed-how-she-told-1828146243

You've abandoned your flawed argument about McMurphy's reporting, but here you go, anyway:

"McMurphy has tweaked parts of his story along the way without officially correcting the record. That's an issue."

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/08/how_a_serious_discussion_aroun.html

I would have posted, "the Hermans' helping of Ms. Smith," as your style was awkward, but you're now a grammar expert, so I'll take your word for it (not).
Grammar smack is a clear sign that you're (happy now?) running out of valid arguments.

Your constant comparing of Urban to an alleged woman abuser makes it hard to take you seriously.

Carry on...

You've abandoned your flawed argument about McMurphy's reporting, but here you go, anyway:

What flawed argument would that be?

"McMurphy has tweaked parts of his story along the way without officially correcting the record. That's an issue."

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/08/how_a_serious_discussion_aroun.html

You conveniently forgot the rest of that paragraph. Here, I have it for you:

"McMurphy has tweaked parts of his story along the way without officially correcting the record. That's an issue. But the heart of his stories about Courtney's claims have come with photos and text messages."

In other words, misquotes or minor details may have been incorrect, which he since revised, but the heart of the matter and the proof remains the same.

I would have posted, "the Hermans' helping of Ms. Smith," as your style was awkward, but you're now a grammar expert, so I'll take your word for it (not).
Grammar smack is a clear sign that you're (happy now?) running out of valid arguments...

It wasn't awkward at all. It wasn't incorrect as you attempted to argue. Face it; you're a moron who got embarrassed for being shown to have the English mastery of a fifth-grader, then tried to claim I made an error in response, only to then have to face even more shame for being wrong again and looking like a bigger moron.

Your constant comparing of Urban to an alleged woman abuser makes it hard to take you seriously.

Where have I ever compared Urban to an alleged woman abuser? What are you talking about, moron? Two separate people can be in the wrong for different reasons around the same situation. How is that so hard for you to understand?

Why'd Urban lie to the media? Why did his wife know about all of the allegations, claim that she was scared of one of her husband's assistants as a result of his abuse, and nothing happen about it? Why didn't Urban tell his former coaches about Zach's first arrest for abuse? Why didn't Urban take control of his staff, which he is empowered to do, when Zach had a repeated history of abuse arrests and claims?

Why does Ms. Smith's mother question her daughter's veracity?
Why haven't the alleged victim's parents taken action on her behalf?
Why didn't law enforcement prosecute Mr. Smith before 2018?
Why is a head coach required to fire an assistant before the assistant is prosecuted?
Where is the precedent for firing a head coach in this situation?
Why did Ms. Smith ask that the records be sealed?
Why did Ms. Smith wait so long to go public with her allegations?
Why are you such a douche bag about a subject that doesn't affect you, allegedly?

Why does Ms. Smith's mother question her daughter's veracity? Why did the mother texted Zach numerous times over multiple years about his abuse. Why did the mother tell Courtney not to press charges because it would ruin Zach's career?

Why haven't the alleged victim's parents taken action on her behalf? Huh? Courtney is an adult. Her parents have nothing to do with the situation. Hell, her mom, in texts to Zach, told him that she was going to give Courtney money so she could afford legal fees to divorce him. That sounds like quite a bit of action for an adult to take on behalf of another adult.

Why didn't law enforcement prosecute Mr. Smith before 2018? Which time? As we all know, lack of convictions doesn't mean somebody is innocent. At least one of the times, Courtney refused to press charges after she was talked out of it by people close to Meyer (even though the police in the report state that they recommend charges).

Why is a head coach required to fire an assistant before the assistant is prosecuted? In severe cases, especially those involving violence, it is prudent to make a reasonable decision based on available evidence. When a guy has numerous accusations, including police stating they recommend charges to be filed, you don't have to wait for "prosecution." Of course, if you have a buddy who can talk the wife out of pressing charges, it makes it all go away.

Where is the precedent for firing a head coach in this situation? Coaches routinely fire assistants for unethical behavior for less than beating a wife.

Why did Ms. Smith ask that the records be sealed? Until filing for divorce, many records were sealed (on Courtney's behalf and other times when she didn't request it). She, being reasonable, knew unsealing them could jeopardize her husband's career and the best opportunity for their children. It's a catch-22 that many domestic violence victims have to face.

Why did Ms. Smith wait so long to go public with her allegations? The same reason many domestic violence victims do. This isn't some rare phenomenon. Ask any counselor or social worker who deals with domestic violence, and they will tell you that it is extremely common for victims in domestic violence cases to not report it.

Why are you such a douche bag about a subject that doesn't affect you, allegedly? Why do you make your bias so easy to identify by using horribly illogical and inconsistent arguments?

Now, I have answered your questions. Go back to my last post and answer mine, coward.

No shit. When I saw this thread this morning, I asked nicely for someone to throw in the towel for him. A 12 pack later, and he's getting his ass kicked unmercifully.
His bias is showing. Spin spin spin. Character assasination to keep their head coach.

It just struck me I know Yag from a long time ago. Buck is playing way out of his league mentally and physically. I'd pay to watch Yag plow him under in a board drill. God knows he's done it via argument on this thread.

When there is nothing else, playbook says: counter with gay smack, childish name calling and tough guy internet threats.

Translation of your idiotic post: You're an imbecile, who pretends to be able to read what the rest of the World can't, and never offers anything of substance to any conversation.
Keep spinning. Continue attacking the abused spouse. Says everything I need to know about you. Sorry that I can't offer any substance worthy or your low moral standards.

I'm not attacking the "abused spouse," Mr. Self-righteous. Her ex-husband apparently put her hands around her neck, which is inexcusable, regardless of the circumstances. The other details of her story are in dispute, as her mother, mother-in-law, ex-husband, and local law enforcement have different takes. I'm sorry that these differences don't advance your agenda, but agree with you that you have nothing of substance to say.

Keep spinning. Continue attacking the abused spouse. Says everything I need to know about you. Sorry that I can't offer any substance worthy or your low moral standards.
Calling his moral standards low is giving him too much credit.

He was making fun of spousal abuse months ago before this story every broke.

Im sure he'll remind us holgerson was kicked out of a casino and how bad that was......

Meanwhile it's okay if Urban doesn't report his coaches abusing their spouse. Nothing to see here.

You're either a terrible liar or a mental midget. After you had asked me a loaded question over and over again, then threw a tantrum when I wouldn't answer it, I asked you whether you were still beating your wife, which is the classic loaded question. If you can't understand the point that I was making, then you're too dumb to post on a message board.

Im sure he'll remind us holgerson was kicked out of a casino and how bad that was......

Meanwhile it's okay if Urban doesn't report his coaches abusing their spouse. Nothing to see here.
Uh, he did report it, but don't let the facts get in the way of your blind hatred, moron.

And now it is reported that Zach Smith was arrested for DUI in 2013 in Dublin. He failed the field sobriety test and refused to take a breathalyzer. He eventually was convicted of a far lower charge. The judge in control of the hearing? An Ohio State grad who is part of the school's President's Club.

For review:

Zach Smith arrested for domestic assault and it isn't reported: Urban did nothing
Zach Smith arrested for DUI and it isn't reported: Urban did nothing
Zach Smith is accused, with evidence, multiple times of more domestic abuse, and it isn't reported: Urban did nothing
Zach Smith is arrested for criminal trespassing and it isn't reported: Urban did nothing
Zach Smith has a restraining order filed against him and it isn't reported: Urban did nothing

Some of this gets reported by the media and Urban fires Zach. Urban is asked about it and Urban lies about it.

At this point, with as much that Zach did to deserve getting fired, Urban is complicit in the domestic abuse by not having taken action.

You're a total retard, ex-QB coach of a nothing college. Urban Meyer was "complicit" in domestic abuse because he didn't fire the alleged perpetrator??? Yes, if Urban had taken away the Smiths' only source of income in response to Ms. Smith's allegations, Mr. Smith surely would have stopped any abuse of Ms. Smith. You are some kind of stupid, and insanely jealous of coaches who have been successful in their chosen profession. Stop being a coward, and admit why this subject interests you so much. You haven't posted anything about the Maryland situation at all. I guess that the coaches there haven't taken any of the jobs for which you had imagined that you had been qualified.

P.S. Suck on this: http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-tell-urban-meyer-2013-drunken-driving-arrest

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT