ADVERTISEMENT

The gig is up. The NCAA knows it, and there's only one solution

TY if accurate. I didn’t see that. You said school(s). Who are the other P5s that are guaranteeing to be open in the Fall. I assume you’re representing Mizzo’s proclamation that they will be open no matter what right? Saying you PLAN on being open is different than saying you WILL be open. So your point about Pitt will be proven wrong if the schools that open don’t play games. Then, my point will be proven right when if they play no games until the Big12 signs off. Which we know if Oklahoma and Texas don’t play no one in Big12 will play. No one school is playing without conference approval. No fans also sounds like a non starter from what I was told.

Now regarding your first sentence. You are swinging in the dark wailing away and arguing with yourself. I haven’t seen one thread that said Pitt, WVU, Texas, Notre Dame or any school can determine any outcome regarding this football season. The decision to play this yr is in the hands of the Federal Guidelines(to some degree), state officials and University Presidents. Period. ADs, coaches and fake handle opinions will be on the sidelines.

That you, somehow, think this is about Pitt(just another irrelevant player in this ordeal) or felt like some clown posted that makes me think you may very well have issues. Get some help son. It’s not to late for you.

I can give you the list of schools if I felt like wasting my time.
Missouri said they are opening their campus for fall classes

You keep bringing up Pitt. Like I said Pitt doesn't determine anything with WVU. They aren't in the same conference.
To act like Pitt is going to play it safe isn't important. Who cares what they are doing.

You are too stupid to see the point.

99% of ADs said today there will be football next year.

Once again you aren't understanding where some schools are at compared to others.

Missouri said they are opening their campus for fall classes for sure.

You keep bringing up Pitt. Like I said Pitt doesn't determine anything with WVU. They aren't in the same conference.
To act like Pitt is going to play it safe isn't important. Who cares what they are doing.

Think it was around 60% of them who said that it will begin on time.

Once again you aren't understanding where some schools are at compared to others.

I believe you sir. Just asking. You’re misrepresenting what I said. Not only is Pitt irrelevant in the decision to have an on time Fall season, so is ND. Calling me stupid doesn’t mean you have a point. You don’t. Making statements and expecting someone to accept those as fact is unreasonable. Please provide a link for me to validate your claim that 60% of ADs said the season WILL start on time. Of course I’m talking about a link from the last month. Not from 2019 or before haha. There will be no season in September for say 30 schools with say 35 not playing. Close to all or none I would think. These are of course my opinions. I can just tell you the ACC is not optimistic that the season starts on time. That isn’t an opinion. That’s what I was told.

Great talking with you and have a good evening/morning.

I believe you sir. Just asking. You’re misrepresenting what I said. Not only is Pitt irrelevant in the decision to have an on time Fall season, so is ND. Calling me stupid doesn’t mean you have a point. You don’t. Making statements and expecting someone to accept those as fact is unreasonable. Please provide a link for me to validate your claim that 60% of ADs said the season WILL start on time. Of course I’m talking about a link from the last month. Not from 2019 or before haha. There will be no season in September for say 30 schools with say 35 not playing. Close to all or none I would think. These are of course my opinions. I can just tell you the ACC is not optimistic that the season starts on time. That isn’t an opinion. That’s what I was told.

Great talking with you and have a good evening/morning.

You are putting things in my post, Greggy.
Pretty sad.

Read the article. Most ADs are pretty optimistic.
Even if it starts later.

There is One AD who doesn't think a season will be played...

It is a P5 AD.

You do have a female AD....

I didn't think you understand. If schools don't want to play that is their choice.

Ultimately when the main schools say there will be football in September or of it is October or even November the rest of the schools will follow.

If not they will be left behind.

Missouri said they are opening their campus for fall classes

Its not up to the ADs.

They don't have any power.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Interested if they are the ACC school who said they won't play next year.

I am not sure. The one P5 AD who is against sports next year is in the ACC.

You are putting things in my post, Greggy.
Pretty sad.

Read the article. Most ADs are pretty optimistic.
Even if it starts later.

We weren’t talking about starting season later. Once again for the 1000th time you have moved goal posts. If campuses aren’t open there won’t be games. Whenever they open campuses games will follow. If most, if not all, of the campuses aren’t open by August 1st there will be no football in P5 in September. There’s no one thing in that article that is relevant. Of of everyone I optimistic. Of course everyone wants football start in September. And!!!...!!....!....a lot of talk of a season starting later, next year or abbreviated so nothing earthshaking about your post. If you changed your mind cool but don’t move the goal post sir.

There is One AD who doesn't think a season will be played...

It is a P5 AD.

You do have a female AD....

I didn't think you understand. If schools don't want to play that is their choice.

Ultimately when the main schools say there will be football in September or of it is October or even November the rest of the schools will follow.

If not they will be left behind.

Na. Not one program will get left behind. When the entire country opens up football while be back. I think you’re over thinking it sir.

Local health officials and state government plays a major role
Point is certain states are more willing to open up than others.

This post is very true! Your problem is you think this applies to the other misguided things you have posted. Most states will reopen in phases. College football and anything large crowd related will be the last to com whack. Which lead us to the second of two issue, will college play games without fans.

Interested if they are the ACC school who said they won't play next year.

I am not sure. The one P5 AD who is against sports next year is in the ACC.

Who is that? I haven’t seen or heard of any ACC AD that isn’t itching to have a season in 20/21. Validate please if you expect credibility. Thanks.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
You said you have an idea of what Pitt is going to do.
That is fine if true.

But to claim that you have an understanding outside of Pitt is ridiculous.

Yes there could be a situation where some schools say screw everyone else we are playing football.

It isn't all schools or zero schools. This is the point that you are missing.
If the SEC decides to play football it doesn't matter what Pitt or Boston College does.
They can either say no and get left behind or follow suite

The SEC isn't going to wait around for other schools.

I didn’t say that. You just misrepresent posts and literally lie. You’re not worth the time communicating with. I feel sorry for you sir. Good luck and stay healthy.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
You said you have an idea of what Pitt is going to do.
That is fine if true.

But to claim that you have an understanding outside of Pitt is ridiculous.

Yes there could be a situation where some schools say screw everyone else we are playing football.

It isn't all schools or zero schools. This is the point that you are missing.
If the SEC decides to play football it doesn't matter what Pitt or Boston College does.
They can either say no and get left behind or follow suite

The SEC isn't going to wait around for other schools.

I think you will see an all or nothing scenario...either they all play or no one plays.

It may not be until spring, or delayed or without fans. But they can't do it before the student body is allowed back on campus.

Side note: If you are an out of state student attending a university and they are only doing remote classed in the fall, whats the point?

I understand keeping on track, but paying out of state tuition for online classes is just crazy.

Side note: If you are an out of state student attending a university and they are only doing remote classed in the fall, whats the point?

I understand keeping on track, but paying out of state tuition for online classes is just crazy.

Wow. Good point.

I think you will see an all or nothing scenario...either they all play or no one plays.

It may not be until spring, or delayed or without fans. But they can't do it before the student body is allowed back on campus.

Greg Sankey the SEC commissioner said he doesn't care.
It isnt all or nothing.

There are some major battles coming up.

Luckily the Big 12 is in a good position.
I do think they may need to replace the commissioner. He is playing it PC right now. Sounds like a female.

It isnt all or nothing.

I do think they may need to replace the commissioner. He is playing it PC right now. Sounds like a female.

HaHa You just just sounded like a female .

It isnt all or nothing.

Here is what he said....

"If there's a couple of programs that aren't able, does that stop everyone? I'm not sure it does," Sankey said. "But the ability for us to stay connected will remain important.

"Hope is not a plan, but right now the desire would be to have 11 states and 14 [SEC] institutions moving forward in a collective manner and, like I said, connected nationally so that we can celebrate the return of college sports."

He doesnt have control over this.

We all hope football starts on time, as normal. But that cant happen until schools are open.

Here is what he said....

"If there's a couple of programs that aren't able, does that stop everyone? I'm not sure it does," Sankey said. "But the ability for us to stay connected will remain important.

"Hope is not a plan, but right now the desire would be to have 11 states and 14 [SEC] institutions moving forward in a collective manner and, like I said, connected nationally so that we can celebrate the return of college sports."

He doesnt have control over this.

We all hope football starts on time, as normal. But that cant happen until schools are open.

You really are out there.
Schools being open isn't an issue. Even WVU has said they are going to have fall classes

You really are out there.
Schools being open isn't an issue. Even WVU has said they are going to have fall classes

No.

They said they plan on having classes - big difference.

And I hope they all do and everything goes as normal. Thats what everyone wants.

But they dont know whats going to happen.

If students are back on campus as normal in the fall, play football. Thats what we all want. If they are not, then football cannot happen.

PS. School unions are already organizing for strikes in districts that open on the normal schedule...they say parents are on their side. I'm not sure about that.

Every place is different.
What is happening where you are at is very different than elsewhere.

This is why a few schools won't stop CFB from happening.
As of right now a good amount of schools say they expect to have classes opened up for the fall. This includes WVU.
This idea there will be a bunch of schools who don't open up isn't the reality of elsewhere. Especially in the Big 12 conference.

If there are schools elsewhere who don't.
That is their choice but they aren't important enough to be waited on.

I haven't looked at WVU's schedule. But Florida State should be ready. The Game in Atlanta has already said they are still on.
That is 10 games for WVU.
Don't know the other 2 schools that will play but WVU can replace them if need be.

Only issue I see is some schools want to wait until after ESD to help recruiting while others don't.

It is a matter of football.
That as of right now is really the only argument.
Do you need the season to help recruiting or not.
Starting the football season in January doesn't really make sense

For the Big 12 just imagine going to Ames, Iowa in January or February.

Where 32 degrees is a heat wave

Get your head out of the sand.

More and more people are saying there will be football.
Like I said about a month ago the difference is who is allowed to play.

Most of the AD's polled seem to believe there will be a season at some point. Most of theses same Ad's don't believe the season will start on time. If there is eventually a season I don't expect it to be a traditional one. There are many scenarios being thrown around. If football does indeed return at some point it will most likely be one of the better than nothing scenarios that prevail.

That was well over a month ago.

Things have changed recently. We should know by the end of June beginning of July

What I said a few weeks ago is a possibility with the ACC like I said having major issues.
ACC all depends on how Virginia decides.
If Boston College doesn't want to play that is their own choice

Great chance SEC and Big 12 are playing football

Like I said about a month ago you need professional help with your personality disorder.

Get students on campus full time and there will be football - everyone is fine with that.

This is not complicated.

No campus living...no football.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Get students on campus full time and there will be football - everyone is fine with that.

This is not complicated.

No campus living...no football.

But the question becomes what if not all schools are opened.
A good number of schools have announced that there most likely will be classes in the fall.

The issue is the private schools like Boston College.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT