ADVERTISEMENT

The D'antoni Doctrine: Peace through Strength*

So a road win against a team that made it to the round of 32 four years in a row is not beating a team with a pulse verses playing a team that has not made it to the dance since Reagan was President. Don't change the bar after being totally destroyed. That seems to be the only play in your play book.
Worship the 2017 Cavs if you want , no skin off my nose but don't get pissy when folks point out they weren't worth shit! BTW, you beat better teams than those non scoring stiffs last season. As I have no medical training don't remember any references to pulse in any of my threads....and they only bar where I get destroyed at is a place called Serafini's.

Worship the 2017 Cavs if you want , no skin off my nose but don't get pissy when folks point out they weren't worth shit! BTW, you beat better teams than those non scoring stiffs last season. As I have no medical training don't remember any references to pulse in any of my threads....and they only bar where I get destroyed at is a place called Serafini's.
My apologies Tony. The pulse statement was M-herd.

When you boys decide to venture out of Morgantown, and compete on the road against someone with a pulse, then we might take you a little more serious, but for now, your post lacks fortitude. No stones, if you will.

A team that has made the Tourney 4 years in a row and was ranked in the top 27 in both polls and the RPI is a lot better win then a win over MVU.

My apologies Tony. The pulse statement was M-herd.

A team that has made the Tourney 4 years in a row and was ranked in the top 27 in both polls and the RPI is a lot better win then a win over MVU.
Apology accepted! Would have been an interesting game between MU and UVA last season, no offense v. no defense!

One game against a team with a pulse, although, as Tony has pointed out, vastly overrated, as exposed by the Gators and others.

I guess when you play the likes of national powerhouses Mt. St. Marys, Miss Valley State, New Hampshire, Manhatten, Western Carolina, VMI, Missourri (Kansas City branch), Radford, and Northern Kentucky....

One game against a team with a pulse, although, as Tony has pointed out, vastly overrated, as exposed by the Gators and others.

I guess when you play the likes of national powerhouses Mt. St. Marys, Miss Valley State, New Hampshire, Manhatten, Western Carolina, VMI, Missourri (Kansas City branch), Radford, and Northern Kentucky....
Have you looked at MVU's schedule?

Have you noticed the jest of the thread? You boys being scared of being on the schedule?
So we play Pitt, Texas A&M, Kentucky, UVA, and a preseason tourney and you want to point out the idiocy that is this thread. 8 in a row verses MVU and playing 3 games against top 5 teams this season and WVU is scared to play MVU?

One game against a team with a pulse, as Tony has pointed out

Of course you wouldn't mention us beating the #1 and #2 ranked teams in the nation. The first time any team managed to beat #1 and #2 in the same year since the 2011/2012 season. But don't let facts get in the way......

Says the guy whose team is still playing Mountain East teams. Did you forget that the Herd played the juggernaut WV Wesleyan ? Not in a meaningless exhibition game but in the REGULAR SEASON ! Now THAT is laughable.

We don't understand it either, so you'll have to take it up with Huggy, as he's the one who took the powder.
Do you have children? If so when they act up in public, do you reward them? Dan acted like a spoiled child, throwing a fit. Huggs let him know that was not acceptable.

Do you have children? If so when they act up in public, do you reward them? Dan acted like a spoiled child, throwing a fit. Huggs let him know that was not acceptable.
Is that similar to the Cincinnati PD letting Huggs know his behavior wasn't acceptable? or... The Cincinnati AD letting Huggs know his behavior wasn't acceptable? Bad decisions and low standards are one thing, but we're talking a sporting event here. I can't speak for the WVU fanbase, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they don't get too excited over the prospects of facing the Catamounts.

Is that similar to the Cincinnati PD letting Huggs know his behavior wasn't acceptable? or... The Cincinnati AD letting Huggs know his behavior wasn't acceptable? Bad decisions and low standards are one thing, but we're talking a sporting event here. I can't speak for the WVU fanbase, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess they don't get too excited over the prospects of facing the Catamounts.

Hate to break the news to you but Marshall never excited us either. All the clamoring for the series to be renewed in either sport is coming from the Herdiot camp. For us there's not much difference between a ho-hum game against WCU and beating Marshall for the umpteenth time.

Really is there much difference between MVU and WCU? A buy in game verses a crappy team verses splitting the gate with a crappy team.

Actually Huggy has a history of this position ...when he was at UC he lobbied and cajoled that the Xavier game did nothing for UC and that they shouldn't have to lower themselves to playing the Muskies every season.

I guess the difference would be 12,000 plus (sellout) vs only 8,000 and change to see the Catamounts. I guess fans from around the state view the tilt much differently than our friends that posts on these forums.

I guess the difference would be 12,000 plus (sellout) vs only 8,000 and change to see the Catamounts. I guess fans from around the state view the tilt much differently than our friends that posts on these forums.
No way they had 8,000 in attendance!

No way they had 8,000 in attendance!
Very silent crowd as well, as no herd = no excitement. Hopefully they'll give Dan a call and plan a trip to Huntington in the near future. No trip to Huntington = no game for the cousins. The doctrine is still in play, you know.

Very silent crowd as well, as no herd = no excitement. Hopefully they'll give Dan a call and plan a trip to Huntington in the near future. No trip to Huntington = no game for the cousins. The doctrine is still biting us in the ass you know.

FIFY

Very silent crowd as well, as no herd = no excitement. Hopefully they'll give Dan a call and plan a trip to Huntington in the near future. No trip to Huntington = no game for the cousins. The doctrine is still in play, you know.
Huggy knows the WVU record in Huntington ....no way he'll make that trip, he'd resign first!

Huggy knows the WVU record in Huntington ....no way he'll make that trip, he'd resign first!

It's not Huggy's job to sell out your games at the Cam. Play someone other than WV Wesleyan once in a while to help fill your coffers and stop whining so much.

Hey, the only two D-1 schools in WV don't play each other because one is scared....nothing punitive about it!

Nothing punitive but you guys are crying?

the-best-of-the-skeptical-3rd-world-kid-meme.jpg

Reactions: still5-0vstarheels
Not crying just pointing out the situation...you boys can hide but it's you that cry when we point out the simple truth!
This likely is the saddest smack thread I have ever seen. MVU having lost 8 games in the row to WVU, has a coach act like a spoiled child demanding he gets his way, and when WVU acts like a responsible adult, we are suppose to be ashamed. Get a dog, chicken suit and other childish stunts show just how bazar MVU athletic department and fans truly are. But I have to give you credit for your persistence in the face of overwhelming ridicule.

This likely is the saddest smack thread I have ever seen. MVU having lost 8 games in the row to WVU, has a coach act like a spoiled child demanding he gets his way, and when WVU acts like a responsible adult, we are suppose to be ashamed. Get a dog, chicken suit and other childish stunts show just how bazar MVU athletic department and fans truly are. But I have to give you credit for your persistence in the face of overwhelming ridicule.
Nobody is saying WVU should ashamed...we're saying you're chicken! No reason on Earth that isn't purely disingenuous why the only two D-1 teams in WV don't play each other.

Nobody is saying WVU should ashamed...we're saying you're chicken! No reason on Earth that isn't purely disingenuous why the only two D-1 teams in WV don't play each other.
LOL Chicken? 8 in a row. Perhaps you are not a parent. When a child throws a fit, never let them have there way. You guys are funny and sad at the same time.

LOL Chicken? 8 in a row. Perhaps you are not a parent. When a child throws a fit, never let them have there way. You guys are funny and sad at the same time.
Penn State beat you boys 30+ in a row but one sunny afternoon Major led the Mounties to a total ass kicking of the boys from Happy Valley. All games start at 0-0, last years score can't be " carried over" , accounting principles don't apply in sports!

Penn State beat you boys 30+ in a row but one sunny afternoon Major led the Mounties to a total ass kicking of the boys from Happy Valley. All games start at 0-0, last years score can't be " carried over" , accounting principles don't apply in sports!
You did not see WVU calling Penn State chicken when they moved to the Big 10 and dropped us from the schedule. Just saying.

Reactions: countryroads89
You did not see WVU calling Penn State chicken when they moved to the Big 10 and dropped us from the schedule. Just saying.
Of course you don't share a state with the Nittany Lions. Actually Huggy has a history of pulling this stunt , did his best to get the Xavier game dropped when he was at UC!

We've got a home and home with Penn State in 2023 an 2024...............something that certainly never would have happened if we taunted them by accusing them of being afraid of us, telling them to bring their dogs, paraded around in chicken suits while discussing it like Marshall people did us. The sad part is Marshall people still haven't learned from those failed PR tactics.

Of course you don't share a state with the Nittany Lions.

Since when does being in the same state require that two teams play one another ? Though Penn State is not in WV it's only 180 miles from Morgantown to State College while Huntington is over 200 miles away. And on top of that Penn State is a traditional power while Marshall is just another run of the mill G-5....

Huggy has a history of pulling this stunt , did his best to get the Xavier game dropped when he was at UC!

In replying to D'antoni's demands he called it laughable and told them to find someone else to play. Huggy has enough clout to make that happen. It's not a stunt, its how future Hall of Fame coaches deal with glorified high school coaches who think they are big time.

We've got a home and home with Penn State in 2023 an 2024...............something that certainly never would have happened if we taunted them by accusing them of being afraid of us, telling them to bring their dogs, paraded around in chicken suits while discussing it like Marshall people did us. The sad part is Marshall people still haven't learned from those failed PR tactics.
Please post any evidence of any official representative parading around in a chicken suit! That never happened but we have on occasion pointed out the obvious regarding the excuses offered as to why WVU won't play!

Please post any evidence of any official representative parading around in a chicken suit! That never happened but we have on occasion pointed out the obvious regarding the excuses offered as to why WVU won't play!
Please post the last time MVU beat WVU in anything.

I can't remember the last time we played in anything...how about a BB pop bottle shooting contest. I believe you boys have actually won something in that " sport".
Not one MVU fan has answered that question since I ask it last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT