ADVERTISEMENT

Stop self-medicating, morons!

You dont see the difference in telling people something might be helpful or that something might be a game changer? That's like coach Brown telling the Blue lot this team might be national champs next year. They could possibly be, but then again they might just be slightly above average. Why say it with such strong wording? What good does it do anyone?

The difference there is that Brown doesn't believe it. It looks like Trump does believe that it could be.

He's not saying, OK all is well now we found a treatment so everyone go back to work.

He's speaking, without a teleprompter, what he feels to be true. He's giving people hope. No matter what he does though some will disparage him.

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion. We just don't see it the same way.

It's hard to believe, but we have 5 pages basically about fish tank cleaner.

[eyeroll]
So far today, I’ve learned that we actually can treat medical conditions with common household cleaners, especially the ones with the Mr. Yuck sticker on them. I’ve got a bad case of ringworm I’m rubbing down right now with Old English.

The difference there is that Brown doesn't believe it. It looks like Trump does believe that it could be.

He's not saying, OK all is well now we found a treatment so everyone go back to work.

He's speaking, without a teleprompter, what he feels to be true. He's giving people hope. No matter what he does though some will disparage him.

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion. We just don't see it the same way.
I believe that I am going to be rich and famous one day, doesn't mean I should say it. He isnt supposed to tell people what he believes, he doesnt have the needed background for that. He should tell people what he knows, which honestly doesnt seem to be much. Let Fucci tell people what he believes, there is more sound knowledge behind his beliefs. Agreed though that we are both entitled to see things differently.

Last edited:
People have absolutely lost their minds.
I don't think that 2-3 weeks is a rock-solid starting line (nor should it be) ... and it certainly isn't for hot spots like New York and California

However, if people suggesting we need to remain on self-isolation and shut down the country for 15-23 weeks are batshit, what does that make the people who are saying 15 months?

Is there a level of lunacy above batshit?

The faint of heart may as well be prepared.

At some point in the near future you're going to have to shift towards the practice of herd immunity for most of the country just so you can avoid catastrophes that will make the Coronavirus look like a rub & tug massage at Fuk-Mi's.

This is the really real world and pretty soon folks are gonna have to get really real.

This hysteria ... justified or not ... is gonna have to be replaced with common sense, a jutting chin, and a set of hairy peaches just so we can keep this civilization, period.

You honestly think this country can be shut down until mid-Summer?

Do you honestly think the economy can be shut down for that period of time without introducing famine, calamities due to breakdowns in hygiene, suicide, extreme poverty not able to be staved off with stimulus packages, and another threat ... civil unrest?
It can't and it won't. Rational people understand that.

Reactions: WVbirdman
It can't and it won't. Rational people understand that.
This is indeed a war against a different kind of enemy ... and since the virus is showing no signs of mutating and actually showing signs of weakening via different, weaker variants, this war will be won.

There were bomb shelters during the world wars.

Sometimes people went into those shelters.

However, people did not stay buried in those bomb shelters for months/years at a time while cowering in fear.

Here endeth the lesson ... as I bring you the generation of the "man bun".

I believe that I am going to be rich and famous one day, doesn't mean I should say it. He isnt supposed to tell people what he believes, he doesnt have the needed background for that. He should tell people what he knows, which honestly doesnt seem to be much. Let Fucci tell people what he believes, their is more sound knowledge behind his beliefs. Agreed though that we are both entitled to see things differently.

Examples of instances where Trump should have relied on his medical experts before making these claims:
1. The coronavirus is a hoax.,
2. We have the coronavirus under control.,
3. Anyone who wants to be tested can get tested.
How many of those have turned out to be true?

Examples of instances where Trump should have relied on his medical experts before making these claims:
1. The coronavirus is a hoax.,
2. We have the coronavirus under control.,
3. Anyone who wants to be tested can get tested.
How many of those have turned out to be true?

He never said it was a hoax.

Also, I bet you were quick to criticize him for shutting down travel with China. He was right in that and the left, including the media, was wrong.

It took you multiple posts in this thread before you acknowledged that the guy drank fish tank cleaner, not the actual pharmaceutical.

You're a pharmacist.

What the hell are you talking about? I was aware and acknowledged that the man ingested a tank cleaner and not the pharmaceutical from the beginning.

This is what no sports will do to people.
35-hot-girl-meme-pics.jpg

Reactions: WVU86

Also, I bet you were quick to criticize him for shutting down travel with China. He was right in that and the left, including the media, was wrong.
(A) Wasn't he called a "racist" for that travel ban?

So out of their own mouths they admit they would have never initiated a travel ban that has saved lives and kept our curve closer to South Korea than Italy.

(B) Aren't some of them (more like most) still advocating for open borders as we speak?

So out of their own mouths they admit they would exacerbate this issue with insane globalistic policies that have failed everywhere (and essentially caused this godforsaken mess) and would give us a curve more akin to Italy than South Korea.

Hard to believe they even have the balls to say anything right now.

And a quick spoiler alert .... the concept of open borders and "globalism" are gonna be rejected even more roundly moving forward.

Call it a hunch.

I’m so sick of hearing “potus felt the virus is a hoax”. These folks are really drinking the kool aid. Fact—potus shut down China travel back in January. For that he was called racist and xenophobic. Fact— Coronavirus task force formed January 29. For a hoax, give me a freaking break.

The new report is showing that CV is now considered an exceedingly low risk in terms of mutation.

Additionally, the mortality rate in the U.S. is hovering around 1.3% with that rate being unarguably propped up by a population with likely MILLIONS of people infected and asymptomatic, and will remain as such since they will never be tested ... especially with the medical community saying that, for the time being, the symptomatic should be the ones given priority when it comes to limited test kits.

We know the mortality rate is less than what is being reported since there will be millions ... and perhaps one day ... BILLIONS of people who would test positive but will never be factored into the mortality/recovery rate because nobody will ever realize they are infected.

But I tell you what kills more people than this virus ...

Famine ... extreme hunger.

The supply lines are finite.

Also, per Galbraith statistic, in the great crash of 1929, the suicide rate in the United States increased from 17.0 per 100,000 people in 1929 to 21.3 in 1932 during the worst of the financial calamity.

As serious as think this virus is, you're gonna lose MANY MILLIONS MORE to other factors the scientists are not even considering ... because their job is NOT considering those things. They are tunnel-visioned right now, as they should be.

But true leaders have to factor in other threats to our society ... and thinking society can self-quarantine in their homes courtesy of toilet paper bunkers and plunge society into a global depression ... well, THAT is a truly big league threat to society because of the numerous ways it would kill people.

Face it ... we're gonna have to try and flatten this out within the next 2-4 weeks (or a little longer) and then gradually ease our way back in areas of the country the least affected. Otherwise, you are gonna see a REAL boogeyman that makes Coronavirus look like a lightweight in the local Golden Gloves competition.
So we have went from 3 weeks ago its just a common cold to let the old people die to save the stock market.I am not going to vote for that i am one of the old people.

Reactions: coopwvu08 and GoWVU
This truly is going to be a case of walking a tight-rope and/or threading the needle.

We can't dismiss the Coronavirus too early. That will cost lives. That is what the next 2-4 weeks should be for ... and 2 weeks may be too ambitious, but time will tell.

We also can't allow the precaution to serve as the Trojan Horse to invite FAR LARGER threats to our society that will then be thrust upon us and cost lives and fatalities that CV could not even dream of causing.

It's not an easy task ... and even though I didn't vote for his bombastic, orange ass, I'm a tad more comfortable with him at the helm instead of some cackling hen in a pantsuit or some dog-faced pony soldier who's halfway through his maiden voyage into Alzheimer's.
You had a choice of the 3 stooges and you took the one with the good hair.

I'm sorry. But our President has no medical expertise. He should leave all of the medical commentary and advise those medical professionals working beside him. Dr. Fauci had to correct Trump immediately when he made that false claim about this drug. Yes, that "information was floating around long before the "Loud Mouth" ever opened his mouth". But, unfortunately, there are those in this country who still buy whatever that con man is selling. (Like how he claims he is going to save the WV coal industry, when on an international scale coal is a dying energy supply source). In short, yes, that couple were idiots to use that drug. But, the President never should have talked about it when his very own medical advisers cannot and will not recommend it's use yet.
I really don’t care for Trump, and he is a loud mouth, but doesn’t change the facts. He mentioned the drug as a potential game changer. That’s all! Read the NYT article. They correct it in the article, with the word “potential,” which the Times elected to remove for the headline.

These headlines are written for the sycophants that gobble up whatever excrement they want to hear.

Reactions: SoCo and Mitch D.
So we have went from 3 weeks ago its just a common cold to let the old people die to save the stock market.I am not going to vote for that i am one of the old people.
...and I'm not going to ruin the world for everyone else just to maybe save my own ass.

I don't think that 2-3 weeks is a rock-solid starting line (nor should it be) ... and it certainly isn't for hot spots like New York and California

However, if people suggesting we need to remain on self-isolation and shut down the country for 15-23 weeks are batshit, what does that make the people who are saying 15 months?

Is there a level of lunacy above batshit?
I think there's an agenda that could never be implemented outside of a fear induced population, and Globalists are going to milk this for every law they can milk it for. The writing is clearly on the wall. It can't happen without consent, but just look around you at the people you NEVER thought would fold, that are cowering in a corner. God speed to our youth.

So you sell out everyone else's future because you can't think and act through this on your own? Real stand up guy. No one is saying let you die. I have a grandmother that I'll do anything to keep safe, but tank the entire world economy and give in to total control out of fear? Get straight the F out of here. I have a 2 year old. She's not going to grow up in the world these alarmists are selling....because it's complete horse shitm

So you sell out everyone else's future because you can't think and act through this on your own? Real stand up guy. No one is saying let you die. I have a grandmother that I'll do anything to keep safe, but tank the entire world economy and give in to total control out of fear? Get straight the F out of here. I have a 2 year old. She's not going to grow up in the world these alarmists are selling....because it's complete horse shitm
So here's part of the problem with the "tanking the world economy " talking point. The current economic downturn is not yet based on any really significant bad news. It is primarily based on one thing...uncertainty. The stock markets hate three things - uncertainties, overt risk and bad performance. We will have bad performance in 2020 Q1 results. But it is not because of any bad fundamentals. There is no junk bond crisis, there is no mortgage crisis. This is more like a 9/11 reaction and that recovery was swift and long lasting.

I get a call or email from my guy at Morgan Stanley almost daily and we are holding pat. In fact, we are looking at buying after the first of April once the results start flowing and the market tanks again.

But for right now all the gov/finance side things are being done the right way; stimulus plan developed and in place, interest rates lowered and there is still "cash" in the market. Don't fall into the gloom and doom some are spreading.

Quit moaning and get ready to be a player in about 3 weeks or so.

So here's part of the problem with the "tanking the world economy " talking point. The current economic downturn is not yet based on any really significant bad news. It is primarily based on one thing...uncertainty. The stock markets hate three things - uncertainties, overt risk and bad performance. We will have bad performance in 2020 Q1 results. But it is not because of any bad fundamentals. There is no junk bond crisis, there is no mortgage crisis. This is more like a 9/11 reaction and that recovery was swift and long lasting.

I get a call or email from my guy at Morgan Stanley almost daily and we are holding pat. In fact, we are looking at buying after the first of April once the results start flowing and the market tanks again.

But for right now all the gov/finance side things are being done the right way; stimulus plan developed and in place, interest rates lowered and there is still "cash" in the market. Don't fall into the gloom and doom some are spreading.

Quit moaning and get ready to be a player in about 3 weeks or so.
No man, I get that. I told my wife that this would blow over and the markets would rally, and everyone would forget (of course that was just a hunch because I known jack about Wall Street aside from watching it react wildly to social unrest).......but not before some huge stimulus package that includes things that are NOT good for the future.

I'm not doom and gloom about anything immediate, but there's always those in power who "never let a crisis go to waste".

EDIT: If the Globalists could have their way, it would be a long term tanking. It is definitely having an effect short-term. If there was a career politician in office, I'd be more worried. Most leftist outlets are making this out to be a years long crisis and people are buying into it, which is where my original retort came from.

Will it happen, likely not, but it could if enough people buy into it

Last edited:
They are the same chemical, but one is tank cleaner not made for human consumption, the other is a pharmaceutical made for human consumption.

I don't understand why this is so hard.
Just as hard, that people quit buying Corona beer. Retired Dentist, as of January 1. The stories and questions, I was asked made me scratch my head-lol!

I am not worried about me but if your boy opens it up too soon it will get a whole lot worse and more people die and not just old people you think that's all right .the only reason he's doing it to save his job.and bird boy where did you come up with this i can't think and act on my own i am 80 years old i have served my country i have worked for 50 years i don't owe anybody a penny i will take care of myself

Stupid people read and hear what he says. You don't think people have done stupid things based on what other presidents have said in the past?

Sure they could have Googled that chemical and made their own conclusions, but whining it's a mainstream media (good grief people, your attachment to that phrase) attack on Trump? It merely pointed it out in the tweet. It's factual he said it, so what's the problem?
Lol, getting hammered in this thread

I am not worried about me but if your boy opens it up too soon it will get a whole lot worse and more people die and not just old people you think that's all right .the only reason he's doing it to save his job.and bird boy where did you come up with this i can't think and act on my own i am 80 years old i have served my country i have worked for 50 years i don't owe anybody a penny i will take care of myself
You're the one who pointed out your age and why you wouldn't "vote for it". I'm just saying that's a crap reason to buy into the hysteria and follow the company line straight into another "Patriot Act".

Thank you for your service.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT