ADVERTISEMENT

Spoke with an AD and another major University last week.

I once met Gold Card Bill, he ain't no Gold Card Bill, and he's sure not Paul The Prophet. God knows he's no Stormin' Norman. All card carrying football experts.

Anyone know what happened to Stormin' Norman? We once got on a chartered bus south of St. Augustine together to go to the Gator Bowl and the bus driver got lost. Circled Jacksonville for over two hours before he could find the Gator Bowl, then the drunks on board rioted when they saw the field, forcing their way off the bus and braving eight lanes of traffic. I haven't seen Norman since, but I have heard him on the radio a couple of times over the years. The way it rained that night I thought he might have been washed out to sea.

I am also not that guy from Boston College posting inane things from his private jet as he zips around the nation on business trips. He was fun to read though. I am also not VMF, though it would be fun to try and pull that off.

So..............if WV sent Dana packing (he will pack his cash first) ................ some folks believe that he will excel at his next HC position. Well..........if the next HC job is at Texas or Oklahoma where $$$$ flows like water............then you could be right.
The fans and alums at a school like Texas or Oklahoma wont put up with Dana hiding in his office. This topic was discussed with this AD. The other thing discussed is these schools would have told Dana to fire Joe DeForest the minute he gave up 70 points to Baylor, and if not you are fired. See, some of the mistakes Dana has made here would not have been allowed at some of these other schools. The staff turnover and some of the staff hirings have been very bad.

I would have fired Joe for wearing the hat backwards. That's ok for young kids (teenyboppers) but not for responsible adults that make the big money. I would not have fired him for a defense that gave up 63 points. Dana.................he all right, but he is a whiner that wants more money.

So what 5150 is saying is that even if Dana loses a bunch of games but the Donors like his personal style they'll still stand behind him?

But what if he actually pulls off a good season this year? They won't stand behind him because he doesn't go out of his way to make them feel good about their selves?

Honestly ..... this is much ado about something that may or may not mean that much in long run. But if the team's performance is mediocre to poor then it will be seized upon as one of the reasons why he was dismissed.

But winning cures a lot of ills.

AND .... if you're gonna go around saying that an AD at a big school is saying these kinds of things then you should have no problem reporting who it is.

This AD, after all, according to 5150, said these things in front of several people. If an AD is going to say such things in front of several people he should have no problem having the comments attributed to him/her.

But if 5150 is not going to name his source .... then I am forced to concluded that 5150 is practicing "sourcery" of the self-originating kind.

So what 5150 is saying is that even if Dana loses a bunch of games but the Donors like his personal style they'll still stand behind him?

But what if he actually pulls off a good season this year? They won't stand behind him because he doesn't go out of his way to make them feel good about their selves?

Honestly ..... this is much ado about something that may or may not mean that much in long run. But if the team's performance is mediocre to poor then it will be seized upon as one of the reasons why he was dismissed.

But winning cures a lot of ills.

AND .... if you're gonna go around saying that an AD at a big school is saying these kinds of things then you should have no problem reporting who it is.

This AD, after all, according to 5150, said these things in front of several people. If an AD is going to say such things in front of several people he should have no problem having the comments attributed to him/her.

But if 5150 is not going to name his source .... then I am forced to concluded that 5150 is practicing "sourcery" of the self-originating kind.
First, one of the people in my group was personal friends with this AD, so he had a comfort level speaking to us but I wont mention his name. So, trying to discredit the information because his name is being with held is a classic message board discredit move that keeps some from posting information. Also, to continue taking up for Dana must mean you work in PR for the department because the only way to not realize some of the behavior going on needs to change is by being an employee getting paid to take up for a situation that has real issues.

Reactions: BackpageNews
First, one of the people in my group was personal friends with this AD, so he had a comfort level speaking to us but I wont mention his name. So, trying to discredit the information because his name is being with held is a classic message board discredit move that keeps some from posting information. Also, to continue taking up for Dana must mean you work in PR for the department because the only way to not realize some of the behavior going on needs to change is by being an employee getting paid to take up for a situation that has real issues.

Your response proves that you make up things because nothing you say about me is true.

But let's say that 5150's conversation with an AD did happen.

Notice now how the nature of things seems to have changed from a conversation that "5150" had with this AD in front of others to now one of the "others" was personally acquainted with this AD and 5150 happened to be present.

The fact is, even if the latest version is true, that this AD said these things in front of several people, some of whom he did not know. If he is comfortable saying these things in front of people, some of which he does not know, I don't see why he would mind if you told us who he is.

So go ahead .... tell us who it is.

Notice now how the nature of things seems to have changed from a conversation that "5150" had with this AD in front of others to now one of the "others" was personally acquainted with this AD and 5150 happened to be present.

The fact is, even if the latest version is true, that this AD said these things in front of several people, some of whom he did not know. If he is comfortable saying these things in front of people, some of which he does not know, I don't see why he would mind if you told us who he is.

Look, the conversation took place, and you want to discredit the conversation because Im not presenting it in the manner in which you feel makes sense. Take my information and process it with all the other information you get on this board, from the media, and people you talk to and you will find out that Dana not talking to alums and fans is common knowledge. So, again, if you feel it this important to try and make this story untrue you either work for Dana or his agent or in the department because you are working OT here.

Reactions: Charleston Mountie

and yes it was with others but "One" of the others was a personal friend. duh?

Hurdy, it's become obvious you're one of the secret cabal the keeps Dana and in power. Have I ever met you at the Bilderberg Meetings or the local Illuminati mixers?

They said the same thing about Bill Belichick when he was a PR disaster as head coach of the Browns. So they sent Bill packing to the Patriots. The Browns haven't won an NFL title since 1964. Bill can beat that by a handful of NFL crowns.
Belichick clearly displayed coaching talent with the Browns. However, he made some huge blunders that likely would have gotten anyone fired. And the organization that fired him and became the Ravens won a Super Bowl before the Patriots did.

Clearly, Belichick, after reuniting with Parcells, learned some lessons, got better, and became one of the all-time greats. DH may go on to be a great coach at WVU or somewhere else or both. He may never develop above mediocre. But strictly going by his record mediocre he is. Personally and considering a fuller picture than just w/l, I think every year he's a little better than the year before. I think he'll become above average and possible great. I think if WVU is in the ACC were having a conversation about how to keep DH.

Another classic message board discredit move is making up lies and spreading false rumors.

It's the oldest trick in the book.

Look, the conversation took place, and you want to discredit the conversation because Im not presenting it in the manner in which you feel makes sense. Take my information and process it with all the other information you get on this board, from the media, and people you talk to and you will find out that Dana not talking to alums and fans is common knowledge. So, again, if you feel it this important to try and make this story untrue you either work for Dana or his agent or in the department because you are working OT here.

You're the only one here that complains Dana won't talk to fans. You're a needy girlfriend desperate for attention.

If Dana ever shook your hand you'd bust a load in your pants and pass out for 30 minutes. Maybe then you'd feel adequately recognized?

You're the only one here that complains Dana won't talk to fans. You're a needy girlfriend desperate for attention.

If Dana ever shook your hand you'd bust a load in your pants and pass out for 30 minutes. Maybe then you'd feel adequately recognized?
Im not complaining but the last I heard its one of the reasons Gee and Lyons have issues with Dana

Im not complaining but the last I heard its one of the reasons Gee and Lyons have issues with Dana

And if he wins games it won't be an issue.

PS: I'm not the one working OT here. And for the second time .... you've proven that you make up things because everything you've said about me is simply not true.

I can't prove one way or the other if the conversation with the AD happened. But you have proven that you make up things.

And if he wins games it won't be an issue.

PS: I'm not the one working OT here. And for the second time .... you've proven that you make up things because everything you've said about me is simply not true.

I can't prove one way or the other if the conversation with the AD happened. But you have proven that you make up things.
What have I made up?

That you are working so hard to take up for a coach that is been average at best?

What have I made up?

That you are working so hard to take up for a coach that is been average at best?

There you go again .... making up things ..... what exactly have I said that is "taking up" for Dana? I said that if he wins the issue you raise won't be that big of a deal. And if he loses it will be one of things latched upon at his dismissal.

You can't help yourself. You insist that I say things I haven't said. You say I work PR for the athletic department and other things, none of which are true.

The way you imagine me to say things that I haven't said and the way you imagine me to be who I am not makes me ..... AND I AM VERY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS..... your way of misrepresenting me makes me believe that if the conversation you report actually did happen that there is a very good chance you heard it the way you wanted to hear it and what you report to us is a twisted version of what actually happened.

As I have already said a couple of times..... you've proven that you make up things by the way you have misrepresented virtually everything I have said in this thread.

Hey .... I can imagine that if a coach's record is average and his glad-handing of the donors is below average that this would cause a disturbance in the force. But if he starts being more successful the issue will be minimized. Likewise if he starts losing, or really doesn't improve, the issue will be magnified.

I can accept all of those things. But I also know the 5150 has proven that he makes up things because of the way he has mis-characterized me in this thread.

5150 ..... you're confusing my critique of you with wholesale Dana support. And that is weird.

What have I made up?

The guy who is needlessly spreading rumors is accusing others of "working hard" for disagreeing with his attacks?

LOL - Yep, he's a troll.

Sorry 51, Dana doesn't need your approval...no matter how hard you bitch out and beg him to recognize you.

Hey .... I can imagine that if a coach's record is average and his glad-handing of the donors is below average that this would cause a disturbance in the force. But if he starts being more successful the issue will be minimized. Likewise if he starts losing, or really doesn't improve, the issue will be magnified.

I can accept all of those things. But I also know the 5150 has proven that he makes up things because of the way he has mis-characterized me in this thread.

5150 ..... you're confusing my critique of you with wholesale Dana support. And that is weird.

5150 is a Marshall fan.

Belichick clearly displayed coaching talent with the Browns. However, he made some huge blunders that likely would have gotten anyone fired. And the organization that fired him and became the Ravens won a Super Bowl before the Patriots did.

Clearly, Belichick, after reuniting with Parcells, learned some lessons, got better, and became one of the all-time greats. DH may go on to be a great coach at WVU or somewhere else or both. He may never develop above mediocre. But strictly going by his record mediocre he is. Personally and considering a fuller picture than just w/l, I think every year he's a little better than the year before. I think he'll become above average and possible great. I think if WVU is in the ACC were having a conversation about how to keep DH.

Mrs. Orlaco, I am impressed.

I know, right?

I don't recall ever typing that I was married.

She told me once I should perhaps call her Mrs. Orlaco. I try to call Coach Holgorsen by his proper title most of the time as simple respect. Obviously she was as they say, 'jerking my chain'.

He ask me what WVU fans thought of Dana and he gave me his opinion which I thought was interesting(btw I told him Dana was growing on me and liked his offense with defense get much better). He said Dana is known within the industry has a great offensive mind and play caller. It is also is widely known that he hates the aspect of meeting with fans, alums, and media. He said in this day an age meeting with fans and media is very important to building your brand. Since WVU is a Land Grant/State type school it makes out reach even more important. He said if your not meeting with fans and media then you better win big.

He thought a City type school like UC may be a better fit for him long-term because no school with a large active fan base would want this in a coach.

He said he liked Dana as a person but he has limitations in his skill set for a head coach.

No news here. Known this for years now

The fans and alums at a school like Texas or Oklahoma wont put up with Dana hiding in his office. This topic was discussed with this AD. The other thing discussed is these schools would have told Dana to fire Joe DeForest the minute he gave up 70 points to Baylor, and if not you are fired. See, some of the mistakes Dana has made here would not have been allowed at some of these other schools. The staff turnover and some of the staff hirings have been very bad.

Any particular reason why we should aspire to emulate Texas? Who cares what their fans and alums would put up with?

You aren't complaining? You started a thread, making up a story just to bitch about Dana.
thanks, but not making it up. We all
You aren't complaining? You started a thread, making up a story just to bitch about Dana.
read others in this thread. Its a known fact Dana does not relate to alums, fans, and media. Its just now another AD said the same thing.

OK..................I will ask all my AD friends at the major universities what they think about Dana and his relationship with alums, fans and media. I will also ask all my HC friends. Dadgummit, we got to get to the bottom of this!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT