ADVERTISEMENT

So nice to have a President with resolve again

Well look at at this way. Assad has basically two options now and he fully understands the consequences of each choice.

Choice 1) Go ahead use those Chemical weapons. See how much longer you can?

Choice 2) Stop using them, stay in power a while longer and hope for some sort of negotiated power sharing with the rebel factions, or at the very least face the Syrian people in a vote to see who they prefer to lead them.

Both of course have risks to his power, but neither is without consequence. It's up to him to decide. He doesn't have any other choices.

Power sharing? Assad is close to regaining complete control of the country. The rebellion is failing and can't sustain itself much longer regardless. We have launched two strikes against the regime and both were little more than cosmetic. We called to warn the Russians each time, and they simply moved anything important to somewhere else and watched our missiles blow up valueless targets. Calling them was probably less of a warning and more of asking permission.

The rebels will be defeated and Assad will remain in power with the backing of Russia and Iran. The Kurds might be able to carve out a semi-autonomous region in the North-Eastern portion of the country , but they don't pose a real threat to the regime.

Why did Assad launch the chemical attack a couple weeks ago? It was because he was able to force dug in resistance to evacuate the area and knew that any response to it would be insignificant. Hell, the next day he was able to claim that they defended an attack from the United States, and the people living there believed it because nothing much had happened.

Power sharing? Assad is close to regaining complete control of the country. The rebellion is failing and can't sustain itself much longer regardless. We have launched two strikes against the regime and both were little more than cosmetic. We called to warn the Russians each time, and they simply moved anything important to somewhere else and watched our missiles blow up valueless targets. Calling them was probably less of a warning and more of asking permission.

The rebels will be defeated and Assad will remain in power with the backing of Russia and Iran. The Kurds might be able to carve out a semi-autonomous region in the North-Eastern portion of the country , but they don't pose a real threat to the regime.

Why did Assad launch the chemical attack a couple weeks ago? It was because he was able to force dug in resistance to evacuate the area and knew that any response to it would be insignificant. Hell, the next day he was able to claim that they defended an attack from the United States, and the people living there believed it because nothing much had happened.

OK...Assad...he's a baaaad Dude! We can't handle him. He gonna kick our ass and send us away cryin' and Syria will rule the Middle East! We'd better figure out real quick just who we're dealin'' with before he shows us!

Syria is no joke let me tell 'ya!

Power sharing? Assad is close to regaining complete control of the country.

So he'll use Chemical weapons again in defiance of our warnings to show us who's boss and consolidate his power?

So he'll use Chemical weapons again in defiance of our warnings to show us who's boss and consolidate his power?

OK...Assad...he's a baaaad Dude! We can't handle him. He gonna kick our ass and send us away cryin' and Syria will rule the Middle East! We'd better figure out real quick just who we're dealin'' with before he shows us!

Syria is no joke let me tell 'ya!

It's not a matter of what we could do. We just won't do it.

It's not a matter of what we could do. We just won't do it.

Well they said Trump's Red line was ephemeral like Obama's and Assad crossed it. I don't think he's foolish enough to try that again. He's not dealing with Obama anymore.

Yeah, I don’t think your use of the word is correct. Makes you sound real smart though big man.

Words are mere perceptions in the mind of a relativist aren't they? Do they ever mean what they are meant to, or does it depend on how they are perceived?

Mellilifuous. can mean whatever you want it to, even what it doesn't mean. You exist in a world of relativism where unicorns, imagination and even Truth itself can be what ever you believe them to be![winking]

So procribe whatever meaning to it you want, I'm sure it will be a perfect fit. But do look it up at least in all of its context both audibly and legibly...I think you will not only remember it but find my particular relativist use of it to be spot on!

Words are mere perceptions in the mind of a relativist aren't they? Do they ever mean what they are meant to, or does it depend on how they are perceived?

Mellilifuous. can mean whatever you want it to, even what it doesn't mean. You exist in a world of relativism where unicorns, imagination and even Truth itself can be what ever you believe them to be![winking]

So procribe whatever meaning to it you want, I'm sure it will be a perfect fit. But do look it up at least in all of its context both audibly and legibly...I think you will not only remember it but find my particular relativist use of it to be spot on!
Shamabittity bop on the bit of a boom, cause you slip on bip of a boppitydoom

Tell you what: you’re always so quick to post definitions aren’t you? Post the definition of the word mellifluous for me then.

The sound of your farts.

On second thought...maybe in the world of relativism you operate in it could mean their smell too?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT