ADVERTISEMENT

Republicans Are Getting Ready to Repeat Kansas’ Tax Cut Disaster

The chart didn't depict what you thought it did, first of all. Secondly, you started by stating that people making under $75k would see their taxes go up. Using your logic of what you thought the chart depicted, that didn't occur until 2027 (10 years later) and aggregate savings to that point would far eclipse the increase they would see 10 years later. In essence, you were wrong on the premise of your argument. You didn't understand what was depicted.

I didn't say anything about partisanship of the CBO. You claimed I did. I said reference the CBO's analysis of the ACA impacts as a reference in understanding that they aren't always accurate. Since the ACA was the last major piece of legislation to impact the budget, that's why I chose it as the reference point. ATL already explained to you the folly of CBO's analysis between static and dynamic scoring.

Go back and read post 88. I explained it so well that even you should understand it. This isn't a good day for you. I really thought you were one of those guys who missed college because he went into the Marines but self studied to educate himself, the latter part obviously not true. The chart says exactly what I said it does and so does Forbes and Business Insider.

But hey, keep up the ignorance, hang in there and don't give up, no matter how many times you are proven wrong in one thread. The Titanic is unsinkable.

Go back and read post 88. I explained it so well that even you should understand it. This isn't a good day for you. I really thought you were one of those guys who missed college because he went into the Marines but self studied to educate himself, the latter part obviously not true. The chart says exactly what I said it does and so does Forbes and Business Insider.

But hey, keep up the ignorance, hang in there and don't give up, no matter how many times you are proven wrong in one thread. The Titanic is unsinkable.
Simple math question. Using the logic of what you think the chart depicts, at what point would the tax increase negate the tax savings? 2027 is when the increase takes effect using your logic of the chart’s depiction. I’ll check back at noon to see if you’ve manned up to post that year.

Simple math question. Using the logic of what you think the chart depicts, at what point would the tax increase negate the tax savings? 2027 is when the increase takes effect using your logic of the chart’s depiction. I’ll check back at noon to see if you’ve manned up to post that year.

For one group of people. If you simply have that limited amount of understanding at this point in the thread, further explanation is futile.

Let's say that this plan gives me $1,000 more each year for 10 years. That's $10,000........kudos! Love it. Thank you Trump. But then, starting in 2027 I pay $1,500 more in taxes.........and in 7 years that +$10,000 is now a -$500............sorry if I don't think that short term increases are "great".......

For one group of people. If you simply have that limited amount of understanding at this point in the thread, further explanation is futile.
You started a thread about people making less than $75k. I am and have been addressing that throughout. What year will your logic be correct?

No reason to even explain that the group with the greatest purchasing power sees the long term benefits. I’m sure you picked up on that on your own, you just chose not to talk about it as it was a given, right?

Let's say that this plan gives me $1,000 more each year for 10 years. That's $10,000........kudos! Love it. Thank you Trump. But then, starting in 2027 I pay $1,500 more in taxes.........and in 7 years that +$10,000 is now a -$500............sorry if I don't think that short term increases are "great".......
But you’re using a hypothetical when Cunty gave you a chart to work the math. Do the math and get back to me on what year the long term impacts offset the short term impacts.

I did for my current bracket and I’m good through death being extremely generous on how long I’ll live. What about you?

I posted a chart that I understand and you clearly don't understand. You have doubled down, tripled down and quadrupled down on your stupidity. I knew you were a stupid f'uck but I had no idea it went to this depth. You are so stupid you aren't even embarrassed. A normal person would be so humiliated they wouldn't show up again to this site.

In post 88, I explained exactly what the chart meant.
Why wont you answer the simple question. If you tax rate drops and your AGI is lowered, how can you be paying more taxes unless you are simply making a lot more income? Your chart is irrelevant but only you fail to see it.

Not every bracket gets a 3% drop. In fact some of the lowest bracket goes from 10% currently to 12% proposed. Here are a couple of excerpts from Forbes and Business Insider to help explain it to you.

• A larger standard deduction. To avoid raising taxes on those currently in the 10% tax bracket, the standard deduction for all taxes would increase to $12,000 for individuals (up from $6,350) and $24,000 for married couples (up from $12,700). These are slightly less than the doubled deductions expected - and, as Business Insider's Josh Barro has written, the idea that this would save people money may be misleading since it eliminates other personal deductions and a secondary standard deduction.

In selling their soon-to-be-released tax plan, Republicans have been leaning hard on what they say is a provision to cut and simplify taxes for the middle class: doubling the standard deduction that people who pay income tax may take.

"You have to look at the plan in its entirety. It doubles the standard deduction, so in the end, even the lowest rates get a tax cut," Rep. Jim Renacci, a Republican who sits on the tax-writing Ways and Means Committee, told Reuters.

But a document published by Jonathan Swan of the news website Axios shows this is badly misleading - the plan would increase the standardized deductions available to taxpayers by 15% or less.

Meanwhile, taxpayers who still wouldn't take the standard deduction under the Republican plan - those who would instead deduct things like mortgage interest - would pay tax on more of their income than they do now.

Here's the important fine print: "To simplify the tax rules, the additional standard deduction and the personal exemptions for taxpayer and spouse are consolidated into this larger standard deduction."

Here's how that math works. Let's say you are single with no dependents, and you have a moderate income. Currently, you get to take the standard deduction ($6,350) and one personal exemption ($4,050). If you are 65 or older, you also get to take an additional standard deduction ($1,250). That adds up to $10,400, or $11,650 if you're over 65.

The Republican plan would replace all these provisions with a single deduction of $12,000 ($24,000 for married couples.) That's a 15% increase - except for seniors, who get a 3% increase.

And then your first dollar of taxable income would be subjected to a 12% tax rate, instead of the current 10%. But don't worry - the framework says "additional tax relief," as yet unspecified, will emerge for you during the committee process.

For married couples, all the relevant amounts are doubled under the current tax code and under the Republican proposal, so the percent changes would be the same.

If you have children, your fate is uncertain. The plan would abolish the $4,050 exemption you get to take for each of your dependent children. But it would also increase the child tax credit - by an unspecified amount. Once that amount is specified, you'll be able to figure out whether you face a tax increase or a tax cut or what.

Meanwhile, taxpayers who itemize their tax deductions for things like mortgage interest and state and local taxes would pay tax on more of their income under the Republican plan. The proposal says "most" itemized deductions would be abolished anyway, but those for mortgage interest and charitable giving would be retained.

Currently, you get to take the personal exemption even if you also itemize deductions, but you get to take the standard deduction only if you forego itemized deductions. Combining these provisions into a single, standard deduction would mean itemizers lose their personal exemption and get nothing back - meaning they'll typically pay tax on an extra $4,050 of income if they're single, or $8,100 if they're married.

Sad!
So now you link an article that disputes your original claim that people making 75k will pay more taxes. It alsi refutes your later claims that lower brackets will pay more taxes. You proved yourself wrong. Probably a bad idea to call anyone stupid.

But you’re using a hypothetical when Cunty gave you a chart to work the math. Do the math and get back to me on what year the long term impacts offset the short term impacts.

I did for my current bracket and I’m good through death being extremely generous on how long I’ll live. What about you?

I'll be honest, a few posters on this board and the daily clusterf*ck news reporting has made me go semi-off grid. I know very little about the tax plan, other than hearing some say "GREAT" and others say "NO".

If passed, will it go in to effect immediately with this tax year (April 2018)?

So now you link an article that disputes your original claim that people making 75k will pay more taxes. It alsi refutes your later claims that lower brackets will pay more taxes. You proved yourself wrong. Probably a bad idea to call anyone stupid.

I knew when I posted it that it would be way over your head.

I'll be honest, a few posters on this board and the daily clusterf*ck news reporting has made me go semi-off grid. I know very little about the tax plan, other than hearing some say "GREAT" and others say "NO".

If passed, will it go in to effect immediately with this tax year (April 2018)?
Just to give you an idea of Cunty’s illogical stupidity: his example when posting was that of people under $75k

Using his chart, that doesn’t happen until 2027. With the aggregate savings it would take an addition 38 years to offset that using his chart. So, we’re talking 2065. He’s a fvcking moron.

Just to give you an idea of Cunty’s illogical stupidity: his example when posting was that of people under $75k

Using his chart, that doesn’t happen until 2027. With the aggregate savings it would take an addition 38 years to offset that using his chart. So, we’re talking 2065. He’s a fvcking moron.

Read post 88, moron. I posted the effects on various groups in three different phases.

53UFFXX4KM4EFEK34FNO6ZY2HI.png

Here you go sugartits, you ignorant slut. Very very few people under 75k will see a tax increase and the ones who do will see it due to deductions being removed from the books.
G
https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/53UFFXX4KM4EFEK34FNO6ZY2HI.png

Last edited:
53UFFXX4KM4EFEK34FNO6ZY2HI.png

Here you go sugartits, you ignorant slut. Very very few people under 75k will see a tax increase and the ones who do will see it due to deductions being removed from the books.
G
https://arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/53UFFXX4KM4EFEK34FNO6ZY2HI.png

November 16. Good god you are a moron and keep proving it every single day.

I posted the table from the CBO that clearly showed taxes increasing for people under the 75k income level, unfortunately you weren't intelligent enough to understand it and on top of that, you keep divulging and displaying your stupidity for three days now, going on four.

I now clearly understand how Republicans in Congress get people to vote for them even though they are directly sticking it to those voters. I have to admit, it is a remarkable con job. Of course you voted for the biggest con man of all time.

I posted the table from the CBO that clearly showed taxes increasing for people under the 75k income level, unfortunately you weren't intelligent enough to understand it and on top of that, you keep divulging and displaying your stupidity for three days now, going on four.

I now clearly understand how Republicans in Congress get people to vote for them even though they are directly sticking it to those voters. I have to admit, it is a remarkable con job. Of course you voted for the biggest con man of all time.
When staring the numbers in the face you still cant admit you are wrong. Even better you still stick with a CBO chart that you dont understand. Its comedy gold.

When staring the numbers in the face you still cant admit you are wrong. Even better you still stick with a CBO chart that you dont understand. Its comedy gold.

You are, by far, the dumbest person I know. No one else even comes close to your stupidity. Not only was the chart self explanatory, I quoted Forbes magazine for you.

I am done trying to educate you; it's a lost cause. Go see a tax consultant.

Looking forward to your intellectually stimulating replies of "you're lying, libtard and fuktard."

You are, by far, the dumbest person I know. No one else even comes close to your stupidity. Not only was the chart self explanatory, I quoted Forbes magazine for you.

I am done trying to educate you; it's a lost cause. Go see a tax consultant.

Looking forward to your intellectually stimulating replies of "you're lying, libtard and fuktard."
Hahahaha. This is your best fukup ever. You are clearly wrong and now you cant even keep straight where your links come from.

Dave, honest question: Do you or do you not believe the experts saying that the taxes for those making under $75K will increase under this plan BEGINNING in 2027? Just wondering......

Last edited:
Since you brought up Forbes. Here is their article on the tax cuts and it clearly points out that most and almost all individuals will see a tax cut.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyp...nate-republicans-get-a-big-win-on-tax-reform/

The Senate bill increases the child tax credit to $2,000 (the House version would increase the credit to $1,600). Both versions would be subject to income phaseouts.

The Senate version would also lower tax rates for individuals but those lower rates will not be permanent (they will expire after 2025).

State and local property tax deductions would remain under the Senate and House proposals but would be capped at $10,000. State and local income tax deductions would be eliminated.

The total cost over 10 years? A net increase to the deficit of $1,447.8 trillion.

The above are just a few reasons why taxes go up for folks in the under $75k income range.

And I used YOUR source.

Good luck kid.

Dave, honest question: Do you or do you not believe the experts saying that the taxes for those making under $75K will increase under this plan BEGINNING in 2027? Just wondering......
Who cares what happens in 2027? Every tax cut has had an end date. The point of the tax cut is the cut now. No politician in 2027 is going to want to let taxes increase. In 10 years Congress and the white house is different. The point was always that taxes decrease now. Tead the thread and see devildogs point about taxes inreasing in 2027. The savings now overwhelm the increase in the future.

The Senate bill increases the child tax credit to $2,000 (the House version would increase the credit to $1,600). Both versions would be subject to income phaseouts.

The Senate version would also lower tax rates for individuals but those lower rates will not be permanent (they will expire after 2025).

State and local property tax deductions would remain under the Senate and House proposals but would be capped at $10,000. State and local income tax deductions would be eliminated.

The total cost over 10 years? A net increase to the deficit of $1,447.8 trillion.

The above are just a few reasons why taxes go up for folks in the under $75k income range.

And I used YOUR source.

Good luck kid.
That was the dumbest attempt at logic in the history of the internet. Even YOUR attempt to justify your ridiculous claim admits taxes are lower.

dave is right and all the experts are wrong. He has been telling us for the last three days. He even tried to get coop to come to his defense but coop was intelligent enough to stay out of that nonsense.

dave is right and all the experts are wrong. He has been telling us for the last three days. He even tried to get coop to come to his defense but coop was intelligent enough to stay out of that nonsense.
I am right and I never once diagreed with all the experts. You were wrong the whole time and now I am going to mock your stupid ass relentlessly about it like I do about your stupid comments about NFL ratings and you are never going to admit you are wrong. Many people will mock you.

Who cares what happens in 2027? Every tax cut has had an end date. The point of the tax cut is the cut now. No politician in 2027 is going to want to let taxes increase. In 10 years Congress and the white house is different. The point was always that taxes decrease now. Tead the thread and see devildogs point about taxes inreasing in 2027. The savings now overwhelm the increase in the future.

So, I take that as a "yes, they will increase under this plan"......thanks.

You clearly posted a chart that the tax increase would negate the decrease in 2068. You’ll be long dead. What maroon.

You clearly posted a chart that the tax increase would negate the decrease in 2068. You’ll be long dead. What maroon.

There are no individual amounts in that chart.

LMAO.

There are aggregate wholes for income groups. The under 30k group's taxes increase immediately, 2019. There is no recovery. The under 40k group tax increase starts in 2021, two years later.

You're almost as bad as dumb dave.

LMAO.

There are no individual amounts in that chart.

LMAO.

There are aggregate wholes for income groups. The under 30k group's taxes increase immediately, 2019. There is no recovery. The under 40k group tax increase starts in 2021, two years later.

You're almost as bad as dumb dave.

LMAO.
The most dangerous kind of people are those who refuse to admit they’re wrong.

You’re so far out of your depth on this it’s comical.

You were trying to use the numbers as if they were for an individual.

That's hilarious.
I was simply using your charted numbers that show the breakeven point for the beginning of your ignorant ranting was factually beyond the point of concern.

Moreover, the tax cuts are designed to stimulate the economy by putting the most amount of money into the people’s hands with the largest purchasing power. That’s why you see what you see. It’s not a handout. It’s pointless to try and discuss this stuff with you because you’re coming from such a backwards way of understanding of economics.

You were trying to use the numbers as if they were for an individual.

That's hilarious.
You were the one who tried to apply the chart to individuals. Good to see you have come around to my point and it was probably hard to accept I was right and you were wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT